Chapter 33

[CAUTION]

Singing Ahead

--------------------------------

Sorry if the song is going all over the place and if it's fast.

I hope you guys enjoy and thank you for still sticking around.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 33 -
Do It For Her/Him
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“BLOCK!”

“Wait, how-” Varian is thrown right into you by wave of magic.

The two of you tumble to the grass and groan in pain. Something grabs your ankle you and you panic when your dragged away from Varian.

Varian gets up to run after you, but is thrown back again.

“(____). You're lacking your usual will to fight back.” Demanitus states and sighs stressfully, “And Varian, you don't think, you just do what your instincts tell you.”

You sit up and frown at Demanitus, “It's Varian's first time with this much power being thrown at him. Can we just ease up here?” You walk over to Varian help him up. “Are you okay?”

Varian nods and looks to Demanitus who is in front of both of you now.

“There is very little time for that, (____). You and Varian can't even protect each other with no danger around. You can't always be there for Varian and he has to learn to hold on his own.”

This time you couldn't hold your temper, “THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!” The grass around you gets warm before it freezes, disintegrating into ash.

Demanitus doesn't flinch and answers calmly, “If you go down first, then who will protect him?”

Varian wraps his arms around himself and black rocks slowly sprout around him. He was getting frustrated and annoyed. “Just STOP! Both of you!” He glares, “I'm not some weak little boy! I can do this! I can….I just….All this is happening and…” Varian tears up and chokes out, “I JUST WANT MY DAD BACK!”

“Varian-” You went to hug him, but he held up a hand to stop you.

“Don't.” Varian wipes his face, “I'm getting so tired of everyone feeling pity for me and it's getting so ANNOYING! I know you guys care about me, but I want to try to handle it by myself.”

You watch him walk away into Demanitus’ house and before you could follow, Demanitus stops you.

“He needs to let it out alone for awhile, then you can check on him.” He stares at where Varian went, “When you go to him, you two train with your friends. Maybe you both need their help first.”

You hated when Demanitus was right about a lot of things.

-

Varian sat on the bed with his knees tucked under his arms. He cried for a few minutes and had a mix of jumbled thoughts in his mind, but now he felt better than earlier. Demanitus had reminded him of his dad which is why he got upset.

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door and Varian sees you come in. You were avoiding his gaze and he now felt bad that he let it out on you.

“Hey.” He says softly.

You smile slightly and take a seat next him which Varian lays his head on your shoulder.

“I'm sorry.”