Chapter 12.5

(Warning: A lot of feels. Varian cries.)

It's 5:05 AM! So sorry if it's not good. Stayed up for 24 hours, no sleep.
Enjoy!

Also I noticed this chapter somehow matched up with Chapter 12 in Book 1.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 12.5 -
Your Memory, His Past
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The impact of the jar shattering into pieces wasn't the one that knocked you out, but the sudden movement of yourself in the jar as it bounced off of leaves.

The branches started moving once the jar had neared the tree's top. Your head hit on the glass and you were out like a light as the jar rolled off a short fall from a moving branch.

Your body laid on a big piece of the glass as a couple of figures slowly walked up to you in caution with arrows that the ready.

You were back in that dreaded room which was supposed to protect you, but to you felt more of a cage. You minded your own business and wished you weren't just sitting on a single pedestal.

“(____)!”

Alerted at the desperate and sobbing voice, a female stumbles into the room when the heavy metal doors slide open. She immediately locks it with the raise of her hand, confirming this is a very private business.

Your body forms almost like stardust swirling around until you're visible. “Cordelia?” You ask, not knowing what to do. This is the first time you'd seen your human friend crying so badly.

The brunette held something close to her. Cordelia takes off her hood and walks up to you. “M-My Baby Boy. H-he was fine, but he got sick so often and-” She shakes her head, “SAVE HIM, PLEASE! I DON'T- I don't want to lose him…”

“Cordelia. I can't.”

“I COMMAND THAT YOU DO!”

You flinch at her tone, but look down and can't disobey her. Especially her, which you had no clue why.

She looks at you then tears up, “I-I'm so sorry. I shouldn't talk to you that way. I just…..I want my son back. My only child.”

You can feel it. This deep connection between mother and her child always intrigued you.

“You don't deserve this either.” Cordelia says softly to you and glances around the room, “I'll set you free, but…..please, promise me you'll be there for him.”

You didn't want to, this was the time to finally get what you wanted. A physical body; freedom. Though this means you have to give up another part of you.

This shouldn't be too hard.

“You do understand what you have to give up for him to live again.”

Cordelia nods and tears fall. “Yes. I do. I'll even give you a physical body instead of that pedestal…...I'll do it.”

Gently, you take the bundle from her and move the cloth away. He was very pale and cold. Your fingers are placed where his heart would be and a blue glow starts to form something on the baby's left shoulder.