Chapter 31.5

(Sorry if my drawing is a bit not so good, it was first attempt at a family portrait. Used a filter to bring out the color more.

And, as you can tell, I made up Varian's full name.

Anywho, Enjoy!)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 31.5 -
Remember Now?
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The long strands of noodles swirled around in the boiling water as the wooden spoon is stirring the thick red paste. The smell of the food brought a homey feeling, especially the hums coming from the woman who was cooking.

Soon three plates were piled with spaghetti and set upon the small table.

“Supper time!” Cordelia called.

It didn't take long for happy looking Quirin to come in, “Smells delightful.” He wrap an arm around his wife's waist and kisses her cheek.

“Of course it does. If it didn't, you wouldn't feed well.” She giggles and gently pecks him on the lips. “Where's Varian?”

Quirin hums, “I think he went outside. Something about discovering a new element.” He chuckles in amusement.

Cordelia scoffs softly and chuckles, “I swear he heads right for the mud when he goes outside. You're not good being a teacher, are you?” She boops Quirin’s nose with the spoon, getting tomato sauce on him.

“Well he asked why the pigs roll around in the mud and I told him they're taking a mud bath.” Quirin smiles a bit and wipes his nose. “I didn't think he'd want act like a pig and roll around in the mud.”

“Well if he's covered head to toe in mud, then you're him a bath, Captain Quirin.”

They both look toward the direction of the front door as it slams open.

“Oink! Oink! OINK!”

The small oinks get closer to the kitchen and a small boy jumps out from behind the corner. The boy was covered head to toe in brown mud, only part of his face was visible, especially his big blue eyes.

He grins at his parents with his buck teeth noticeable, “I'm a pig! Oink, oink! No baf for me! I took mud baf!” Little Varian runs over to hug him mom's legs and happily nuzzles her, “Oink, oink.”

Cordelia picks him up and giggles at her son’s condition, “TH, sweetie. BaTH. Like in THe.”

Varian blinks and scrunches his face, trying very hard to pronounce bath. “Ba-” His mouth kept wanting to say an F. It took him a few tries until he got it right. “Ba-TH! Bath. Bathoob. Thoob, thoob, Thoob, thoob, Thoob!” Varian laughs.

“My silly little boy.” Cordelia nuzzles Little Varian’s nose and gently places him in the slightly high chair to reach his food.

Varian's eyes widen at his food and he immediately tries to use his hands to eat.

“Varian.” Quirin warned lightly.

He looks at his dad and pouts, picking up a fork. His tongue stuck out in deep concentration to try to use the fork perfectly. He managed to get one noodle, but he was proud of himself. “I did it! Mommy, daddy, look!”

They chuckle softly when the noodle slipped off the fork.

“Aw…..wait! I got it!”