Chapter 25

Sorry if this chapter goes all over the place, but there is drama in this, so be prepared.

And the song, "If I Could Take That Moment Back", was my motivation for this chapter.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 25 -
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Red and Angry took Andrew and Eugene to question them with Rapunzel and Cassandra. Leaving you with Varian. You smile a bit then hit your head on the bars.

“I didn't know Eugene was going to do this.”

Varian sighs, “You know it's still bad that you guys got caught.”

“I know. It's just…..Eugene was acting a little off. One thing's for sure, he kept calling himself Flynn Rider.”

Varian runs his hand through his hair, “There could be anything going on here, though it could be because he was upset about losing the ring.”

You think back and sigh, “I guess. He wanted to get another ring…..but the reason he had wasn't himself. Well I mean it would be him, but…” You glare at the cuffs which were the ones that cut off your power. “I don't know….he did try to kidnap me and Andrew stopped him.”

“Varian?” Cass comes in. “The Royal Duke wants to see you.”

“Why?” Varian asked.

Cass shrugs, “I don't know.”

Varian looks back at you and you nod for him to go while you sit on the bench.

Red and Angry now watched Varian while Cass took the liberty to watch over Andrew and Eugene. Varian was nervous though Rapunzel was with the Duke.

Rapunzel was confused when the Duke said she will have to be a witness. Witness for what?

The Duke towers over Varian as he smiles nervously at the tall man.

There were no words until the Duke knelt down and held out the Scepter. “This is what your friends were after, but instead of stealing….you could have asked and would have received.”

Varian was beyond confused and took the scepter, “Uh…..thank you?” Varian examines it and glaces at Rapunzel who shrugs.

“You're welcome and if you need anything, let us know.”

Varian blinks then is about to say something, but Angry, Red, Cass, and Andrew run in.

“Eugene escaped and he took (____).” Cass says.

Varian immediately switches moods and furrows his brows, turning to the Duke and giving him the scepter. “We'll be back. We have things to take care of and I am sorry for the trouble we caused.”

The Duke nods and gestures for them to leave.

-

-

-

“Eugene! Put me down! What's wrong with you?” You struggle and gettin tired of being carried like a sack of potatoes over Eugene's shoulders.

“No can do, Little Lady. I'm not really into the whole kidnapping business, but you are worth a kingdom!” Eugene sighs happily.

You reach up to your hair and pull out a pin which you try to unlock the cuffs but you dropped it.

“Ugh.”

You're sat in a chair now and you try to trip Eugene.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! No. Nooooo.” Eugene scowls you and you stick your tongue out at him. He huffs, “Yeah, very mature.”