Chapter 19

(It's a small world, ain't it? Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. You'll be staying in the city for awhile.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 19 -
A Lot Can Happen In A City
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Adira watches you and Varian throughout the whole tiny journey. One night, it was quite a sight to see.

You were swinging Varian's staff around and accidentally catch it on fire with your power when a giant bug kept flying at you.

Varian tried to calm you down, but ended up nearly set on fire. MO was laughing the whole time and Rudiger hid somewhere.

When the bug flew near Adira, she swings her sword so smoothly that it sliced the bug in half. After that she told you two to get sleep and you two compiled especially the annoyed look on her face from both your yells.

Down the road, Adira went to find food and when she got back to the place she told you two to stay put, you both weren't there.

That was until she heard laughter close by and leans against the tree once she finds you both.

You're in a calm and waist deep part of a river and Varian is swimming around. Suddenly he causes a big splash toward you, which you dunk him underwater and laugh.

He comes up and spits out water with a pouting face.

You giggle and quickly peck his lips before going back to shore.

Varian stays there and gives a dreamy smile, then follows you.

Adira smiles lightly.

After your clothes dried, you began to walk backwards and stare up at the sky while remembering the time you would walk down the roads to the Snuggly Duckling.

“Please don't take this question as rude or offense, but I'm curious.” Varian says to you.

“Hm?” You ask.

“How…..how old are you?”

You raise a brow at Varian, “It depends.”

“Depends?”

“Are you talking about my REAL age or the age I am right now?”

“Your REAL age.”

“I'll just make it simple…...eons.”

Varian nearly trips over his own feet, but you held him up. “E-eons?! That's….like saying you don't know how old you are!”

You shrug like its no big deal. “From my perspective and what I can remember is that time doesn't necessarily mean anything.”

Varian hums and you can easily see he was more curious.

“One more question then that's it for now….” You hug yourself, “I don't like talking about some things.”

His arm wraps around you, “Well….what are you? I know you're human now, but-” He thinks, “-what are you if time doesn't matter back before you were human. You don't have to answer right away.”

Your arms go around him and you stare at the ground.

“I am a drop of a very powerful celestial comet that passes this planet once every century…...that's where magic comes from.”

You look up at the blue sky with clouds passing by calmly, “I'm nothing, but an object of power. The comet that day had passed just when there was an equinox.”