Pure as White

By br0kenheart

"She was the Virgin Goddess of Innocence and purity. He was the God of Mischief. Though the two were very di... More

Pure as White: Folklore
Act I - Just A Taste
2 - The Calm Before The Storm
3 - First Greetings
4 - Frost Giant
5 - Lies
6 - Truth
Act II - Days Before A Wedding
7 - What Are You Up To
8 - Red Sunsets
9 - Days That Follow
10 - Guilt trip
11 - A Time
A Partnership
14 - Lover
Act III - Lovers Who Leap
15 - Jail Breaks
16 - Time Stops
17 - Everything Falls Apart
18 - Falling
19 - A Lot Of Maybes
20 - Secret
21 - What Now
22 - Strays
23 - Isn't This What You Wanted
24 - Hello, Dear
25 - A New King
26 - Tea Cups
27 - Mornings/Evenings
28 - Utter
29 - Rainestrom
30 - Firefly
Act IV: Emerald Green
31 - Emerald Green
32 - Blue and Red Spiders
33 - Half Of One Whole
34 - Our Souls
End of the Book

1 - Asgard

1K 31 11
By br0kenheart

When Astraea was eight she was told by her father she would marry for an alliance. "You will marry Thor, Son of Odin, for your people." He had told her. And being eight she truly believed it was for her people. Not to stop a war that that has been raging on for more than a century. All her childhood, Astraea would imagine her married life. She would picture her husband - Thor - and how strong and handsome he would be. She would picture their children, playing in the gardens of Asgard. She had everything pictured in her mind to the very point. This fantasyland.

As she walked the beach in the night, with the blue moon sparkling in the ripples of the water she thought back to the very night her father had announced her marriage. That night was sneaking into mind and weighing on her heart heavy. In just mere hours she would be on her way to Asgard to meet her husband. Was he going to be everything she's been picturing for all these years? She only hoped. For a moment she was tempted to change her mind, run away and never been seen or heard of again. She wanted to give into the tiny part of her soul that was dreaming of seeing all the realms, every inch of the galaxy. But she knew better than that. Her people were counting on this alliance to better not only her realm but all nine of them.

"I knew I'd find you here." A gentle, loving voice spoke behind Astraea. Fully knowing it to be her mother, Eos. "You always loved the water, I remembered one time when you were little you had asked 'mommy, why am I not the goddess of seas?'."

Her words ushered Astraea into a world that only existed in the delicate, peaceful land of lucid memories. Astraea closed her eyes, remembering the sweet moment that a mother and child shared. The sunlight came into view, the light shining on the water causing a reflection, then she heard her mother's laughter. A small child running along the shores, her white dress blowing with the breeze. The younger version of Astraea, running into her mother's arms as her innocence words spoke with the wind.

"Mommy, why am I not goddess of the sea?"

Eos smiled at her daughter. "Because you are meant for something greater, my sweets." She begin.

"What if I don't want to?" Said Astraea.

"When you are older and wiser you will realize your innocence is meant for greatness. People will love and honor you, call out to you when in need, hold out their children for your blessings, and throw roses at your feet. You will be greatness. My child, you will be the wife of Thor, God of Thunder."

Astraea pulled her mind back to the now. "Will I love him?" She asked, her palms sliding down her white satin dress.

Eos stood still. He daughters question flooding her mind, will she love him? Eos wanted to believe her only daughter would find love in a man she'd never met. She's heard stories of such happening plenty of times, but still she worried. This was her only child's happiness she was indeed toying with and the questions of Did we make the right choice? Will he love her? Will he respect her? Will she love him back? Was this the right choice? Kindled in Eos's mind like that of a wild fire.

"I can't say for sure, my child, but I hope so." She faintly smiled. "Come, it's time. Your father is waiting."

Tears stained Astraea's cheeks. Her eyes looking over her shoulder at her home, her heart was slowly breaking as this would be the last she would ever see of it. Her father had informed her of this very moment, saying that it would indeed be the hardest. She was leaving everything she's ever knew to enter a world that would be foreign to her. If she did ever return it would be by the blessing of the Allfather -Odin.

As the small family walked a cross the bridge of Atlas they were greeted by their beloved followers. Every single one of them waving and singing goodbye, some even threw rose peddles at their feet. Astraea never felt more love than now, and the wariness in her gut was kicking and screaming as thought of going to Asgard for the first time. Many questions filled her young head. Would there be the same amount of love there as here? Would the asgardians love her like her own people? Will they accepted her as future queen?

Astraea didn't have time to think on those questions. The moment all feet were on the deck they were casted off. Speeding through the galaxy faster than the speed of light into a world Astraea slightly feared. Stories told of Asgard where only good - great - ones. So technically speaking Astraea had nothing to be afraid of. Surly Asgard would be great. In the blink of an eye the family was now in Asgard, the three of them slowly entering bridge room and welcomed.

The Allfather, Odin himself was standing mighty. His grey hair fixated to perfection and his golden cape hanging from his shoulders, blowing in the slight breeze. Standing beside him was Thor Odinson, God of Thunder. His own appearance justified. Golden hair hanging to his shoulders, pulled back slightly out of his face; but still there was some stray hairs. Astraea sucked in a sharp breathe because the stories told of his frame did no justice, he was even more buff and bold in person. He was indeed good looking, and Astraea was even more intrigued to know her future husband better — but beauty could be Deceiving.

"Welcome to Asgard, I am so delighted to finally have you here." Odin with joyed out, his arms going in the air gesturing to the golden city behind him. Astraea wanted to feel some sort of happiness fill her stomach, yet no matter how beguiling Asgard was thoughts of another realm weighed heavily on her mind.

"It is much appreciated, we are very delighted ourselves to be here." Eos spoke calmly, as if the pair had known each other since birth and were great friends. Astraea knew better.

"Come, let us head to the great hall to fill our bellies." Odin offered.

The family's sauntered down the bridge. Each individual talking amount their selves. Astraea's father and mother spoke with Odin in hushed tones — Astraea guessing it to be about the wedding or the alliance — while Thor chit chatted to the guard on his left, Astraea hearing a faint mumble of the word "Loki". Astraea stalked on by herself, various ashy shades of anxiety coating her mind. In truth, this was the furthest she'd ever been away from home.

Astraea and her family's arrival in Asgard continues as they make their way to the great hall. The clouds above take on a baked bronze glimmer, a reflection of the magnificence of the city that awaits them. Thor, the God of Thunder, approaches Astraea, his eyes admiring her satin dress.

"Lady Astraea, you look lovely," Thor compliments her, his gaze lingering on her dress with admiration. Astraea's cheeks flush with heat at his words, and she responds with a polite nod. "Thank you, my prince," she says, feeling more at ease when addressing him with a formal title.

Thor, however, wants to break the formality between them. "Please, call me Thor," he insists, his voice warm and inviting.

Astraea, not quite sure how to respond, settles for a smile, and the two fall into a comfortable silence as they continue their journey. Their parents are deep in conversation, discussing the wedding and the alliance, leaving Astraea and Thor to their own thoughts.

Astraea's mind wanders back to the name she overheard Thor mention earlier: "Loki." The curiosity in her heart grows, and she wonders what role this mysterious figure might play in her new life in Asgard.

Astraea and Thor's conversation continues as they walk towards the great hall in Asgard. Astraea, trying to break the formality between them, addresses Thor by his name, but the informal word nearly causes her to cringe.

"May I ask you a question?" she asks, her voice hesitant. Thor hums in response, his eyes curious as he looks down at her.

Astraea proceeds to ask about the name she had overheard earlier: "I may have over heard—over heard you speaking the name Loki. Who is he?"

Thor's expression turns pensive as he answers, "He is my brother, the God of Mischief." He looks away for a moment, and then adds, "It seems that his trickster ways have gotten him into trouble again. I do not know the details of how badly he's in for, but I know the moment he steps foot in Asgard, my father will lock him in his cell."

Astraea frowns at this, her curiosity piqued. "A cell?" she asks, her voice laced with concern. "Why a cell?"

Odin, overhearing their conversation, interjects to explain the situation with Loki, the God of Mischief.

"He's the God of Mischief, Lady Astraea," Odin says, his voice carrying the weight of experience. "He could turn your world upside down, destroy and tear apart your family if he so much as feels like it, and you wouldn't notice until you were crashed on the ground."

Astraea turns to look at the older man, her curiosity piqued by this ominous warning. She goes to open her mouth to ask more questions, intrigued by the enigmatic God of Mischief, but Thor gently presses his hand on her lower back and redirects her attention.

"Here we are. . . Asgard," he announces, his voice filled with pride for his home. The grandeur of the golden city unfolds before them, a stunning display of power and beauty. The weight of the conversation about Loki is momentarily forgotten as they marvel at the magnificent sight before them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 227 31
King Loki of Midgard! Son of Laufey, who is the King of Jotunheim! Adopted son of Odin, who is the King of Asgard! Loki surely doesn't get his experi...
2K 88 18
It's not very common to hear someone say the name "Y/N Odinsdottir". Goddess of the elements, youngest child of the House of Odin, princess of Asgar...
321K 8.2K 42
A strained relationship between an enhanced human avenger and the god of mischief. This is the story of Kathleen and Loki💗 •• COMPLETE •• Do not rea...
Collide By Marie

Fanfiction

10.7K 486 53
She hated him with everything she had. He had betrayed her, and in doing so, she was stripped of her title, and banished to another realm. She had s...