UnOrdinary

By Awhaffle

High school is pretty rough, but for Kami, things are going to change. Kami roams her new school, watching ev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 + Bonus
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Announcement

Chapter 23

486 10 7
By Awhaffle

"Huh!" I almost squealed.

"You were zoned out, both of us were calling you for like five minutes."

"Sorry." I shook my head. "I'm fine." I walked over to the couch, grabbed my bag, and went to the door. "I'm going to head to school now, thanks for breakfast." I walked out and then dropped myself on the floor.

I sighed heavily and used my book bag as a pillow. I knew they weren't coming out soon, so I laid there for a while.

"Kami?"

I looked up and seen Isen standing there, looking confused.

"Why are you laying there?"

"Oh," I stood up, trying to act mature. "I felt tired so I laid down."

"Outside the room you just left?"

"Umm."

"Kami, you can tell me."

"It's nothing." I started walking off until Isen stopped me.

"It's John, isn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

"He told me and Blyke," he paused. "Blyke does like you too, but he likes Remi too, and he can never choose, that's why he just flirts with both of you."

"And what about you, huh?"

"I'm afraid so, but John's feelings are greater than both mine and Blyke's combined, that's why we didn't say anything."

I just stood there.

"Kami," he put his hand on my shoulder. "Why are you ashamed of this?"

"You don't know, but last time someone 'confessed,'" I air quoted. "It was a bullshitted lie, and he was only out to get more information about be before trying to kill me."

"But none of us from Wellston are like that."

I just looked down.

"Don't make that face," he put his hand under my chin and raised my head up. "Pretty faces shouldn't be sad."

I grinned a little, trying not to laugh.

"There you go, now let's head to school." He wrapped his arm around me and we headed out the dorm and walked to school.

As we walked, everyone was staring, and I knew what they were thinking. I don't want another fight breaking out over me. I took Isen's arm off of me and slightly stepped to the side.

"What's wrong?"

I just pointed around us, indicating everyone was whispering.

"Oh." I laughed. "I forgot."

We walked into the school and I just headed to my classroom silently.

I sat down and just put my head down. Too much to think about, not enough brain power...

I heard everyone walking in, but I never moved my head. That is, until I felt something laying in it.

I moved my hand on top of my head and took the notebook off of my head. I looked up and seen Seraphina laughing. "You forgot this, silly."

"Sorry, have a lot on my mind."

"I can tell, usually you're talkative and perky."

I just shrugged and set my head back down on the desk.

The bell rang and class started. Everyone went silent as the teacher started talking.

"Okay class, for the next few days, you will be working on a project with a partners."

Oh great, just what I need.

"Now I will be assigning partners, they are Elaine and Isen, Amber and Seraphina, Blyke and Remi, John and Kami..."

No... no no no no.

I felt the stare of John upon me. I looked over and seen him smiling. Creepy.

"The project is to get to know each other better. You must be able to know about this without looking them up online."

That's when most of everyone turned towards Isen. He threw his hands up. "I did no such thing."

"The project will count for two test grades: one will be the quality and quantity of information you get and how well you get along with your partner. I will be able to tell whether you get along outside of school or not, so best behave."

RIIIIIIING—

I sighed heavily.

"Hey partner~" John tried to be smooth and put his arm around me.

"Hey John." I sighed.

"What is it?"

"Nothing."

"It's something," he stopped and looked at me. "You left earlier than us this morning. You miss me putting the gel in my hair." He laughed.

"Why do you do that anyway?"

"The gel?"

I nodded, but he just shrugged. "Make me seem less threatening?"

"Well you honestly look better without it."

"Really?" He blushes as he put his hand on his hair.

I nodded and messed his hair up on purpose, but it wasn't enough. I hovered my hand over his head and had water pour over it.

"Hey!"

"Wait!"

I then headed up my hand, and forced the heat waves on him enough to dry him.

I then rubbed his head and smiled. "Better."

"You did all of that just for my hair to look better?"

"Mhm." I chuckled. "Now what are we going to do for the project?"

"Don't we already know much about each other already?"

"I don't know your full history while you know most of mine."

"Want to discuss this after school then?"

"What's today?"

"Thursday?"

"Yeah, 0kay."

"Why?"

"I had plans Friday to go to the mall with Remi."

"Ah,"

"So your place?"

He nodded and we headed to our next class.

I sat down at the table with John and we prepared to discuss.

"Where's your pen and pencil?"

"Don't need it."

"Huh?"

I pointed to my head. "Perfect memory."

"Like I said, literal definition of perfection."

I rolled my eyes. "Not in my history."

"Um yeah," he flicked his pen at me. "I do recall Evan's father saying you made perfect grades, you were popular, and were the most powerful person in the world? Now you say you have a perfect memory."

"Shush now." I laughed. "Now spill." I leaned forward and prepared for a long story."

~15 minutes later~

"Zzz..."

"Kami!"

"Huh?"

"Did you even listen?"

"Yes!" I lied.

"I know you're lying."

"Test me."

"What did I just say?"

"I know you're lying." I jokingly quoted.

"Kami."

"Joking. You said something about a girl named Claire who tried to get on your side but people warned you that she was going to backstab you, you didn't believe it, then took out like half your graduating class."

"You literally summarized what I just said, and you were asleep for half of it."

"My brain focuses on some things but I'm not aware of it until I remember. Like that dream I had when-" I stopped myself. That dream... Remi and I were being chased. And I remember after waking up that it felt surreal...

"When what?"

"Nevermind, it's not important."

He just shrugged and we continued working for the rest of the night.

"And that's when-" I felt myself collapsed on the table and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My King By Møth

Fanfiction

111K 2.5K 33
It's been almost a year and a half since John's old friend Ash had moved to america for her fathers job, she left at the wrong time as a week latter...
14.8K 331 17
(Y/N), after hours of studying, finally got into Wellston Private Highschool. He wasn't all that overjoyed, he knew this place would be the same as i...
711 38 10
A prequel of my fan fiction "UnOrdinary", this story is about how everything got started in Kami's life. Her childhood, when she attended middle scho...
190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...