The Alphas Guard

By bubblegumfog

❝Her eyes spoke more than her lips moved.❞ After her pack is brutally taken over, Leila is forced to reside i... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - The War
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 - Filler
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Filler
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Filler
Chapter 58 - Filler
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - The End of Leila and Luca
Book 2 snippet

Chapter 1

16.4K 685 83
By bubblegumfog

6 YEARS LATER

"Soldier!"

I stomped my foot onto the ground and raised my hand to a trained salute, my other hand wrapped around my back.

It was hard to breathe, my throat drowning in the sensation of my fallen opponents hits, each bruise a patch of pins and needles. The world was somewhat blurry— i couldn't make out what the generals face looked like but I knew he was there, in front of me.

"You have passed the final round of the screening. Your next and final test will be primarily based off of your psychological and mental abilities that have any relation with protecting the king of all wolves," The generals tone was disapproving as he looked me up and down, his fists clenched, "You will now be suited up to meet the former Luna, whom which you must speak only formally to. After that, you will be excused to your flat."

My hands were shaking. My entire body was trembling.

"The females in this kingdom really are getting out of hand," He mumbled under his breath, shaking his head as he clenched his fist.

I looked down before my wolf and I said something that would have had us sent back to our home— one we didn't have. I am a rogue, something I am not too ashamed of stating to only those who ask. My status has served me some advantages- those being the ability to fend for myself, to survive in the wilderness of the lycan world and has built up my emotional walls. Granted, if they werent built up, I would have punched that General back to where he belonged.

The gym.

"Follow the Beta, he will guide you to the changing rooms," Those were the generals last words before turning around and giving the boys who had failed a speech that consisted of 'I encourage you to try out next year'.

"Follow me," I turned around and faced the beta, bowing before following him.

I won't lie and say I wasn't afraid. The silent walk was evident of my emotions— I was sure the Beta could smell my fear; my discomfort in this new habitat. It was all too much. The grand halls, the mosaic floors and flamboyant chandeliers that swarmed every inch of the tall ceilings. I wasn't used to any of that.

Frustrated, I ran a hand through my hair. Just how long were these hallways?

A shiver overtook my being and I wondered wether that was an outcome of the overwhelming win or the fact that I was wearing a tank top and leggings.

I chose the latter to save my pride.

"You did good, out there," The betas voice echoed against the silent halls walls, almost provokingly.

Did he mean to sound that way? As though he were making fun of the medal I wore? Or was that just my conscience speaking?

I pursed my lips and nodded, not sparing him another glance.

The title almost didn't seem like a win, but rather a slap to the face of what I was. A female rogue who found no other way out of the wilderness other than to sneak into the higher family's home full abode. To spread her feral nature into their royal blood and slither like a snake through their castle walls.

Yes, mother had forced upon me this destiny. She didn't die for nothing, but something about this castle ruffled my fur.

"You're quite silent for a warrior," The color of his voice turned annoyed.

I halted in my footsteps, offended.

"Am I supposed to be screaming right now?" I asked.

"You made it through—"

"I know," I gritted through my teeth.

My words were harsh, I knew that, but I couldn't help it. I was suffocating in the scent of these high bloods, in the aura of their power that urged you to bow down to them without a second thought.

His next words went into my right ear and out my left. There was a hole in me, one that couldn't— wouldn't, be filled with a stable home, a costly job and acquaintances I would surely make in this castle. This hole could only be filled with one thing.

Those green eyes.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I silently followed the beta, my hands wrapped around my waist— a failed attempt at diminishing the hollow feeling in my chest. Goodness did I feel heavy with emptiness; a robust vacantness that swarmed my entire being.

Father would be proud.

What I remembered of him, would be proud.

The beta took a deep breath in, then proceeded to shake his head before we stopped in our tracks. A large door laid in front of us, embellished in rubies that were engraved into the dark, rich chocolate wood. My eyes glowed at the sight. Truly, it was a beautiful piece of furniture.

I laid my hand on one of the rubies, the strings of my heart pulling painfully.

The beta abruptly knocked onto the door making me flinch away from the loud sound on instinct.

How insensitive.

Not even a second later the door swung open welcoming the presence of red headed woman, one that was taller than the beta regardless of the deviant heels she wore. Her eyes sparkled once they had landed on the Beta and without a second thought, wrapped her arms around his neck and dug her head into his shoulders.

"I missed you," She mumbled, snuggling her nose deeper into his neck.

"Me more, qumar," He laid a wet kiss onto her neck, tightening his hold on her slim waist.

My brows rose.

The woman turned to face me, a bright smile plastered across her face with her arm still wrapped around her male, "Who's the stunning female you've brought me at this ungodly hour," She asked, her eyes trained on my figure.

"Lara, this is the royal guard," His eyes were glued to her neck so intensely it felt as though I were intruding on their moment.

Her eyes sparkled as she jumped in glee, clapping her slim fingers together. She left his grip, eliciting an uncontrollable growl out of the frustrated male and put her hand through mine.

"I told you, power is in the females," She said almost defiantly, "You can leave now, I'll see you at our floor," She shooed the beta away with her hand before pulling me into the changing room, surprising me.

She could do that?

I winched at the sheer light the room emitted, my eyes irritated by the array of sparkles and colors that surrounded the place. Dresses upon dresses laid on all the couches with pins and needles protruding out of them— though some were either hung or worn by mannequins. They were all dazzling to look at; more than pleasing to the eye; but I didn't spot my armor anywhere near here.

"You look like a deer caught in headlights, dear," She giggled, evoking a grimace out of me.

That was not my ideal first impression.

"Apologies," I mumbled, "May I ask where my armor is? I've been ordered to meet the former Luna while sporting the metal,"

"Metal?" She rose her brow, "Sweetheart, this suit is made of more than just metal,"

"That's fine, so long as it's armor,"

"Blunt," She nodded, somewhat impressed, "I like it,"

"Thank you,"

"No need to thank me,"

"Oh," How was I supposed to reply to that, "Apologies,"

"No need to apologize either,"

"My bad," At my serious answer, her head fell back and she let out a gregarious laugh, the sound radiating off of the 4 walls of the room.

I was confused to what exactly was comical, but I decided to stay silent.

"You're funny," She pointed an accusing finger at me as she stood up, her long legs carrying her across the room to the wall that was covered in mirrors.

"Thank you,"

"Though you do come off as robotic," Her tone was light as she pressed a button attached to the corner of the wall.

"I'll take that as a compliment,"

"You certainly should,"

All I could do was nod absentmindedly as I watched the mirrors slide open revealing a new section of the room, one that held one mannequin that spun in circular motions wearing an exquisite piece of leather armor I had never seen in my 18 years of existence.

The Lycan symbol was engraved into the swords attached to the armor. The hands were sawn to represent black leather bandages that swiveled around the arm more than once— making a knife to that part of my body impenetrable. The boots were otherworldly, made of a dark cyan leather I had never seen before as three clips laid consecutively above each other's to ensure comfortable usage. I even had my own cape.

A cape.

"It's beautiful," I whispered, itching to touch the leather.

Two hands grabbed my own and forced me to look into the eyes of the owner. Lara was smiling at me, her eyes crinkling at the edges as she inched her head to the direction of the armor, "This is all yours, Bella," She shook her head, letting out a chuckle, "I've always wished for the day a female guard would come up and overcome the social constructs this awful kingdom brings upon us and finally, the day has come," I nodded back at her, pride swelling in my heart.

"There is pain behind those beautiful green orbs, I can see it," She smiled as she tightened her grip on my hands, "but that pain is what makes you different than those high blood boys, that pain is what brought you here," she gave my shaking hands a squeeze of reassurance before letting go, "Now let's get you into this darling, it won't move itself, Royal guard."

pls vote and comment! I absolutely adore reading your comments when it comes to my books. Wether its constructive criticism or just plain humor, I love reading your reactions! (*'ω*)

Also, what do you think of the changes?

Graphics made by moi ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 32.2K 37
They live in packs keeping their lifestyle and identities concealed. They are beings only acknowledged in works of fantasy yet they exist. A society...
783 79 33
How much can love save? * Leila is torn between keeping away from her mate and saving her Pack. She believes staying away from him is best for the bo...
240K 6.6K 36
Leila Dark, 24 yrs old, is from the Navy Pack. The Navy Pack is more like a pack for werewolves that want to be soldiers and want to help other pack...
14.3K 585 22
I face the bedroom wall of the cabin, trying to avoid their eyes, "I can't let anyone know my secret now that I know that I know what it really means...