Torn

By dovato

Demi Lovato- empowering, inspiring, and brave. When she was eighteen? Opposite. After a nights full of partyi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
READ PUHLEASE
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
IMPORTANT SOS
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
60
61
62
63
64
65... The End
Sequel News
SEQUEL

Chapter Six

5.2K 140 7
By dovato

Annie's POV

Me, Madison, Kyler, and Abby just put in the movie Scream 4. Our 'sleepover' is in the movie room basement, while Demi's sleepover is in her room. With Wilmer.

Yeah.

It had just gotten to the part where that chick is having her book signing when Maddie paused it.

"Will someone go get popcorn? I'm already scared."

See, Madison gets scared way to easily. I've barely gotten by with turning the lights off. You know how the 'snuggle seats' are only made for two? All four of us are sitting on one right now.

"I'll get it." I said. "Watch out for scream while I'm gone."

"Annie!" Maddie squealed.

I shook my head and laughed with the rest of them, walking up to the kitchen. Demi hasn't came down to say goodnight but I don't hear any headboards smacking against the wall so that's good, right?

I opened the cabinet door, only to see a huge ass spider on it. Like, it's so big it's not even moving. I felt my palms began to sweat and my knees weaken.

See, I can do scary movies. Haunted houses, even. But spiders? Forget it. Demi can't do spiders either, and I'm not even going to consider Madison, so that leaves me with one person.

"WILMER!" I scream, loud enough for all of LA to hear me. The spider didn't even flinch! It's not the least bit intimidated by me. It's one of those spiders that other humans that aren't afraid call, 'Small' but they're vicious.

"What is it?!" Wilmer asked, running in the kitchen and flipping on all the lights. Again, the bastard didn't even flinch! Not Wilmer, the spider. Even though..

"What's going on?" Demi asked, looking over the balcony thing from her room.

I looked at Wilmer and pointed to the spider. His eyes followed my finger and when he saw the spider, I think he screamed louder than I did, actually kinda making me laugh. Demi got a huge kick out of it, and is now video taping.

"Get it!"

"You get it!" Wilmer protested.

"You're the man!" I laughed.

He nodded and grabbed one of his boots beside the fridge and slowly walked up the cabinet. I'm so nervous. What if it like tries to kill us? I think he's just going to slowly squish it, determining by his slow pace.

Boy was I wrong.

He's smacking the shit out of the cabinet with that boot! I couldn't help it anymore: I fell to the floor belly laughing. It doesn't take much for me to laugh this hard.. But there's a Latino man smacking a 'tiny' spider with his big ass boot. It's kinda humerus.

"I.. I think I got it! Why are you laughing?" Wilmer asked, dropping his boot.

I rolled over on the cold kitchen tile so I was laying on my stomach and tried my hardest to calm down.

"Demi!" He called up, starting to laugh hard himself. "Did you see that fucking spider? It was a big ole bitch!"

That made me laugh even harder and I couldn't stop. Maybe I'm slap happy, I don't know. But I came here on a mission, so I should finish it.

I scrambled to my feet and wiped the tears that were under my eyes and pulled a popcorn bag down.

"I think it's a little late for popcorn. You should've had it when I was beating up that big ass spider." He sighed.

I slightly smiled and put the popcorn in the microwave. When I looked over at Wilmer, he had a paper towel hovering over the spider with his hands slightly shaking.

I rolled my eyes. "Give it to me."

He sighed in relief and gave me the paper towel. I picked up the spider and threw it in the trash.

"I thought you were scared of spiders?" Wilmer asked.

"Not dead ones." I said, taking a bowl out of the drawer.

My phone dinged and I took it out of my pocket to see a keek notification. "@ddlovato: Hahahahahahaha killing spiders 😝😝😝 @annielovato" I clicked play and it got from where Wilmer got his boot to where I was laying on the ground peeing my pants.

"Did she put that somewhere?" Wilmer asked.

"Keek." I said right as the microwave started beeping, signaling my popcorn was done.

I poured the popcorn in the bowl and started for the basement door.

"Goodnight, Annie." Wilmer said from behind me.

I almost turned around and gave him a hug and considered that he changed, but he hasn't. This is all for show. People just don't change for the better like that.

So I just stuck with, "Goodnight Wilmer."

I jogged down the steps and entered the movie room to see the girls under the blankets on the snuggle seat, quietly whisper shouting.

I tipped toed over to the girls and grabbed the blanket, yanking it off of them, resulting in panic shrieks that almost made my ears bleed.

"Annie what the hell!" Abby yelled.

I laughed and handed Kyler the popcorn, while they tried to calm their breathing.

"We thought you died!" Madison shouted.

"Considering you didn't come to check to see if I was okay, you weren't to concerned." I laughed, taking my seat in the middle again.

"Well what was the banging? And the screaming?" Maddie asked.

I shifted uncomfortably, slightly disgusted with myself because I actually had a tiny bit of fun with Wilmer.

"There was a spider and Wilmer killed it." I sighed.

"Oh." Madison said, more relaxed. "Well, I guess we can try and watch the movie now."

I rolled my eyes and hit play on the movie.

••

It had gotten to the part where it almost reveals the two boys as scream when I noticed Madison, Kyler, and Abby were already asleep. I guess we're sleeping in the movie room tonight then.

I'm not going to lie, that movie and being basically alone down here scares the crap out of me. I mean, we already had like three other movies picked out and they fell asleep on the first one.

After about ten minutes of trying to fall asleep, I'm about to give up. I'm wide awake.

"What are you doing?" Maddie mumbled.

I looked over at her and saw her trying to flutter her eyes open but she was half asleep. "The movie is basically over."

She groaned and tossed the blanket off of her. "Can we go to your room now?"

My bed is the big enough for all four of us, and it sounds way more relaxing than this. Maybe it will help me sleep.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said, standing up.

Madison stood up and grabbed a pillow and started whacking Kyler and Abby with it.. Similar to what Wilmer did to the spider with his boot.

"What?" Kyler groaned.

"We're going to Annie's room."

Abby and Kyler lazily stood up and walked to the door, followed by me and Madison.

"Did I finish the movie?" Abby asked as we started walking up the next flight of stairs to my room.

I laughed, "None of you did."

We passed Demi's room and I didn't even bother to tell her goodnight or anything.

"I love your bed!" I heard Kyler say from down the hall.

I giggled a little and when I walked in my room, I was abut 99.8% sure they were already asleep.

I walked over to my bed and flopped down beside Abby, closing my eyes and hoping for sleep.

Wrong.

Fifteen minutes later, staring at my ceiling hasn't became the least bit interesting. Especially in the dark.

I sighed, rolling out of my bed. Maybe if I go down stairs and get water or something, I'll feel better. I don't know, I'm bored out of my mind.

I tiptoed past Demi's room and bounded down the stairs to the kitchen and saw Wilmer standing there. Oh, great. What a coincidence.

"What are you doing up?" Wilmer asked.

I took a cup out of the cupboard and went to get water from the fridge. "I can't sleep." My stomach grumbled as my eyes landed on the pizza rolls. "And a little hungry."

He laughed a little and leaned against the counter. I placed the pizza rolls on the plate and popped them in the microwave.

"So, what are you doing up?" I asked Wilmer.

"I couldn't sleep. I'm wide awake. I'll probably go watch a movie down here in a bit." He said.

"Is Demi asleep?"

"Oh, she was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow." He smiled. I smiled a little, but that's my mom he's talking about.

I nodded and took a sip of my iced water, never taking me eye off Wilmer. I don't trust him yet. I don't even like him yet. But it's a bit ridiculous to be so hateful to someone all the time, despite the way I feel inside.

In a way, I'm kind of glad it's just me and Wilmer down here. If Demi was here, she would just ruin the moment. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, but she'd throw in comments like 'I'm so glad you're getting along' or 'I'm so happy you two are bonding!', and that would make me want to leave the room and forget it even happened, even thought I'm sure Wilmer will fill her in tomorrow morning. I don't know, that's just me.

The microwave beeped, braking my train of thoughts. I slid the plate out and hopped up on the counter across from Wilmer.

"I thought Demi doesn't like it when you sit on the counters?" Wilmer smirked.

"Yeah, well, she isn't here." I protested.

He sighed and I shrugged, popping a pizza roll in my mouth.

"Why all of the sudden do you like me?" He questioned.

Oh my gosh shut up. This is what I'm talking about. Ruining the moment. Dumb ass.

"Who said I ever liked you?"

"Well, you just act like you like me now."

"Ah! See, you said it yourself. Act. It's acting." I felt bad as soon as the words left my mouth. That was a little harsh.

He sighed and took a sip of his drink. "Listen, just hear me out, okay?"

I thought about everything he could possibly talk about right now and even though I know exactly what it's going to be about, I gave in.

"Sure."

"Listen, I know you still hate me for the stuff that happened that night-"

"It's fine. You didn't mean it. You were probably drink and-"

"No." He sighed. "Not that night. Not the night that me, Nick, Selena, and Marissa were over. The other night after that one."

And that's when I lost all my appetite and my six pizza rolls went completely to waste.

"I don't want to talk about that night." I spat.

"I know you don't want too, neither do I, but there's stuff that needs to be said-"

I scoffed and threw my pizza rolls in the trash. "You already said everything that needed to be that night."

"Annie." He scolded.

I froze. That's the same voice he used that night. It still gives me shivers down my spine and it scares the shit out of me.

"What I said that night was horrible and untrue. I was young, drunk, scared, and confused. I shouldn't have talked to you without Demi knowing and I shouldn't of went behind her back." He calmly stated.

"You can't take back what you said that night. You made me ashamed of myself and that isn't right. Especially for a fucking ten year old." I could feel tears burning over my eyelids. All my hatred for this man has came right back to the surface

"I know it isn't right. I apologize and take 100% responsibility.. But why didn't you tell Demi?"

"Why would I tell Demi? She was just about to get happy again and I didn't want to ruin it. I thought what you said to me was true. I didn't tell anyone and I'm not planning on it." I said, sliding off the counter.

"So, is this like a truce? Can we forget about the past? I would love if we could start over and I could be a father figure in your life."

Oh hell no. Father figure?! Who the fuck does he think he is? He can't expect to ruin everything, come back, apologize and everything be okay again. It doesn't work like that.

"No." I said harshly. "We can't forget the past."

I felt a little pissed off at myself because now I'm crying of how mad I am. I don't want Wilmer to see me cry; it's a sign of weakness. He can't see me weak.

"I want to be the father-"

"YOU'RE NOT MY FUCKING FATHER!" I screamed, rage just flowing through my veins.

I looked over at my iced water and grabbed the glass cup, forcefully swiping it off the table and watching it smash on the tile floor dangerously close to Wilmer's bare feet.

I looked at his eyes which is now full of terror and I let out a heart wrenching sob. "Don't come near me." I cried. "Stay down here."

I turned on my heals and kicked the glass out of my way and jogged up the stairs to Demi's room. My safe haven.

I don't know what my excuse is going to be when I walk in there and she hears me crying, but maybe she won't. Maybe she'll be in such deep sleep she won't hear me.

I drew in a few sharp breaths before sucking it in and walking in Demi's room. Right when I stepped foot in, Demi's bedside lamp flipped on. My moms once tired look vanished as soon as it came and switched to concern.. Scared even.

"Baby, what's wrong?!" She asked, flipping the covers off of her to stand up, but I was already over there and in her arms before she could stand up.

I sat there letting the rest of my cries out into her shoulder as she tried to calm me down. I'm trying to think of what to say when I have to give her an explanation.. It's fucking ridiculous of me that after all this shit that man put me through, I'm still making up excuses for him.

"Baby, tell me, what's wrong? Where's Wilmer?" She asked. "Was that sound downstairs you? What broke?"

"I-I-I got in a-a argument w-with him and I a-accidentally d-dropped my c-cup." I stuttered.

"Why are you crying? What happened? Do I need to go down there?"

"No!" I yelled. "Stay! Please-"

"I'm not going anywhere. Tell me what happened."

"We'll talk about I-it in t-the morning." I said. "Please." I whispered.

"But-"

"It's fine, mom." I said. "Please let us get rest. I just got worked up."

"And everything is okay?"

"Yeah." I lied.

I crawled off Demi's lap and laid down right beside her as she turned off the lamp and pulled me to her as close as she could.

I thought about my friends and wandered if they heard it. Considering how tired they were in earlier, they probably didn't.

Gosh dammit, I hate Wilmer. I'm going to Marissa's first thing in the morning. I'll tell her. I can trust her with this.. I think.

The rage in Wilmer's eyes and the tone of his voice.. I can't be around someone like that. And father figure? No. I don't want Demi with someone like that.

"I'll protect you. I promise." Demi whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okayyyy you guys will find out what night Annie and Wilmer are talking about in the next chapter

I LOVE YOU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 2.4K 39
Even when you try to remove your mistake from your life it always comes back to you with consequences. Wilmer Valderrama and Demi Lovato's relationsh...
5.6K 230 42
When Hayley was just 9 she was taken to an orphanage after a traumatic upbringing. It wasn't until she was 16 her and her friends ran away for a bett...
19K 1.2K 66
Demi is a 32 years old woman, mother of 5 children and the wife of a rich bank owner. They have money and all they want to buy and get. It seems like...
Memory By rachel

Fanfiction

24.7K 1.7K 12
Memory, is a fragile thing. It was be manipulated, blurred, and completely lost forever. It can be from someone's conscious choice, to forget, or an...