latch :: calum hood (rewritin...

By PLVTONIC

"whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ©PLVTONIC More

intro.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv - flashback
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii - flashback
xxviii.
xxiv.
authors note :/
i came to a conclusion
calm + im back

x.

6.6K 295 133
By PLVTONIC

HOPE I DIDN'T UPSET ANYONE UGH SORRY IM A TERRIBLE PERSON

-----

I opened my eyes, gasping loudly for air.A bitter taste was left in my mouth as I coughed. Blood spurred out. I tried moving, but something was over me. I yelped in agony. My eyes wander around the scene. My lungs collapsed inward.

"Scarlet!" someone yelled. I did my best to lift up my head, crying in pain. I looked around to see who called my name. It was painful to see, how everything was displayed.

"I'm here, there's something on me I can't move!" I cried out, my breath hitching. With every inhale, my lungs burned and my whole body filled with more pain.

I looked down at my hand, with a large cut surfacing my palm, oozing my crimson colored blood.

I closed my eyes and began to shake my head in disbelief. Rain continued to hit the ground, extinguishing any possible fire.

What was known of Ashton's royal blue, Honda Accord was scatter all around the side of the highway. We had swerved off the side of the rode, rolling down into the vast wilderness, where the car tipped over.

"Hey, hey." Luke frantically says, limping over to me. His golden blonde hair fused in with scarlet at the tips of it. He turned the side of his face, which was stained with dirt from our surroundings.

"Your head." I tried to lift my arm. "It's bleeding."

He nods his head. My chest started to tremble. "What's on-top of me, I c-can't move?"

His electric blue eyes stared coldly at me."U-um part of car door. I'm going to try to get it off you okay." I attempted to nod. He gave me an assuring look, doing his best to smile at me, with several scratches dispersed all over his face. I felt quivering fingers, reach for my other hand that was underneath the car. The weak fingers clenched tightly onto mine.

"L-Luke!" I shout, terrified. "There's someone else underneath here. Who is it?!" I could feel my heart, beating onto my rib-cage, and my lungs giving up on me. He slowly walked on over to the side. His eyes opened widely, as his face became pale.

"Luke?!" I shriek. There was only two possibilities. Michael or -

"I-it's Calum." he whispers. He ran his fingers through hair. His breaths were shaky.

"I'm going to try to get you guys out okay." he assured me. He went over to look at Calum.

"Calum can you hear me?" Luke asks, kneeling down. His fingers wrapped around the edge of the car door. I couldn't see Calum's face, but I could hear him try to speak. I mostly heard gagging, coughing, and the sound of liquid in the bottom of his throat.

Luke grunted as he tried to lift the car door off the two of us.

"Calum." I whisper, hoping he could hear me. I move my hand over to his fingers, which were still shaking uncontrollably. "I'm here Calum. I'm right here."

He coughed some more. Luke let out a huge scream as he pushed, with all his might, the car-door.

Michael limped over weakly to us, with Ashton's body leaning on his. I couldn't help but have a soft sob escape my lips.

"This cannot be happening." I sobbed. Michael propped Ashtons body upright on the side of the tree.

"He's not conscious." Micheal whimpered. I could hear him begin to sob. He started to shake Ashtons body. "Ash, wake the fuck up right now. You cannot die, do you hear me!"

I turned my head not to look. I prayed this was a dream.

"It's almost off Scar okay." Luke mentioned to me. I nod back at him. I could tell it was hurting him, physically, moving this off to us. I gained movement of my upper body.

"Okay, my upper body is free. Let me help you." I tell Luke, sitting upright. On his count, I helped him push the door off of the rest of my body. I groaned as I pushed with everything. In the background, I could hear Michael breaking down, begging Ashton to wake up. I couldn't bear the sound of every sob, leaving Michael's lips.

My legs were finally free. I tried to stand up, but my legs disagreed with me, wearing out. I looked over to Luke, my throat dry, silently thanking him. He weakly smiled back. Calum fought for air to creep into his lungs.

"Calum!" I crawled over to his side. His hands stretched out, one going towards Luke, the other towards me. His hands were drenched in his own blood. My eyes trailed down his body, causing gulp harshly.

"His legs." I told Luke. He goes to look down and immediately looks away, nauseous. I let my other hand rest on his leg, hoping not to touch one of his gushing wounds.

"Can you feel that?" I ask him, hoping his was not going to paralyzed. I squeezed sightly and he let out a scream. Ironically, I sighed in relief. His eyes seemed weary, closing every so often. I put my hand near his neck, trying desperately to receive a pulse. It was extremely low and continued to slow down.

He was dying. I looked over to Michael and Ashton. Ashtons was trying to catch his breath, while Michael hugged him. Ashton was finally awake. His mouth dripped of blood as his body swayed around a bit. Michael looked at him, cupping Ashtons face. "You stay the hell awake okay." he begged.

"Did you call the cops?" I question Luke. He began to pat down his body, revealing that he had no phone. I turned to look at Michael, who patted himself down. No phone either. Ashton could barely manage to keep his eyes open. He was losing a lot of blood. Michael patted Ashton down for him.

"Don't get too touchy." Ashton managed to joke. Michael eyes sparked, Ashton had his phone.

"You stay awake okay." Michael demands Ashton, taking his phone. "Make sure he stays awake Scar. I'm going to call an ambulance." I directed my attention back to Calum.

I looked down at him, gasping for air. His fingers manage to latch onto one of mine, trembling.

"Calum, you need to let go" I choked out. "If you do, it will hurt a whole lot less."

My heart ached just by saying that. He shook his head with what little energy he had left.

He opened his mouth to say something, but all I saw was red. It spurred out as he coughed and his chocolate brown eyes stared at me, glistening.

It was close to the end. I turned back to see the other three in just as bad conditions, but they were going to make it.

"Don't speak." I hushed him. His hand clenched onto my shirt, staining it some more.

"Is it," he managed to say, "Its going to stop hurting right?" he kept gasping, his words slurring some more, the pauses in-between them becoming longer.

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks as I nodded my head vigorously.

He managed to giggle. "You look beautiful" he smiled weakly.

"You're dying." I whispered back, my throat tightened. He looked up at me and nods.

"I know, but you're still beautiful."

------

I opened my eyes slightly. My mouth was completely dry, along with my body. It wasn't raining anymore. The harsh smell of blood mixed with smoke did not fill into my nostrils. I opened my eyes completely, nervously. I jolted up, seeing my parents in-front of me. I looked around me. I was in the hospital. I was in a terrible cotton, dress, lying on one of the most uncomfortable bed ever, with a needle in my arm.

"What- what the hell is going on?!" I shout. My mother rushed to my side, softly stroking my face.

"You were in an accident." she cooed gently. I look over to my father who rushed to my side, along with my younger brother, Chris.

"I know that." I informed her. "Where are the others? Are they okay?" I paused, trying to hold back a cry, my lip quivering, "Are they alive?"

My mother and father exchanged a strange look, causing my to panic.

"They're alive, they are all alive." she informed me. I sighed happily. She pulled a curtain, showing Michael and his parents, on the left of me. I smiled at the sight of him, even all bruised and scratches, with several bandages, I've never been happier to see his face. My father pulled the curtain on the right of me, showing Luke. Joyous tears overflowed.

"You guys are okay." I grinned. Liz had pushed the curtain, Ashton was next to Luke.

"Guess who's finally awake." Ashton chirped. I chuckled, "Look who's talking."

My eyes began to search for Calum. I couldn't find him. I was becoming worried.

"Mom, where's Calum?" I uttered. She exhaled. "The doctors are testing him." My vision became blurred. I shook my head.

"For what?" I questioned. She opened her mouth, but stumped on her words. I looked over to my father, but he didn't say anything. My eyebrows raised, shocked. My weary arms helped my body up. I shifted over, my legs dangling on the side of my bed.

"Honey, please lay back down." My mother begged. I removed the tube connecting me to an IV, from my arm. I grab the machine, which was helping me breath. My legs wobbled. They were still pretty bruised, and a large bandaged was wrapped around my right knee.

"Where's Calum?!" I grit through my teeth. "Why is he being tested?!" I tried walking over to the door, my steps were short. It hurt like hell walking, so I took my time, inhaling sharply with each step I took. I could feel my body wearing out on me and my vision was becoming hazy.

"Please lay down Scarlet." A doctor rushed over to me. His arms helping my body up. My head was beginning to hurt. He helped guide me back to my bed, gently placing me. He hooked my IV back onto arm, which resorted some of my strength.

"I'm Mr. Harris. I am your doctor." He introduced. "Glad to see you're awake." he flashed a smile at me. "You're the last to awake."

"I don't care about me. Why is Calum being tested?!" I asked. He takes out a small flashlight from his pocket. He moves my face upward. I flinched away from him.

"I need to check your vitals, can I do that?" he asks nicely. I groaned, but allowed him to do so. The flashlight shined brightly, nearly blinding me.

"Seems pretty good, now do you remember anything from the accident? Prior it as well?" He questioned, he was seeing if my memory was still intact.

I nodded. " Yes. I know my name is Scarlet Jae Foster. I was born the fifth of September of 1996. I remember everything. I remember the car rolling down the side of the highway. I remember, seeing part of the car on fire. I remember Luke pushing the car down off me and Calum, and speaking of which, you never answered my question, why is he being testing?!" I fumed, glaring hardly at the doctor. The parents in the room tense up as I did not spare them some of the details of the accident.

"Well Calum's injuries were far more intense than the four of you." Mr Harris acknowledged. "He's extremely lucky to be alive at this moment. However, given the extent of his injury, he had some neurological damage."

"Neurological?" I questioned.

"Brain damage." Luke mentions, swearing under his breath and throwing his head back on his pillow. I gasped.

"W-well how bad is it?" I wondered. His shrugged. "We don't know yet. We are going to continue testing him. He seems to remember a lot of things, which is good. He can recall several basic facts along with the accident. But."

"But..?" My palms became sweaty.

"Some of his motor skill might take a while to get back. Like things he learned to do, like ride a bike, play guitar, such things."

I looked over to the boys and sighed.

"Look it on the plus side. He's alive, he's a miracle." I thank the doctor for catching me up on all I needed to know, even if it makes my heart want to scream, and my body weak. I wanted nothing more than just to cry, to clenched onto my chest, fighting desperately for breath. To rock back and forth and scream until I couldn't anymore.

"Everything is going to be fine." Ashton assured me. Luke agreed. I turned to look at Michael.

"Promise?"

He grinned.

"Promise."

----

two updates in a day because i felt like writing and i couldn't stop.

this is where the story can actually start beginning like i'd hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 8.4K 67
says it all in the title... enjoy xx