THE HYBRID

By Jayniel_ezra

*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I... More

I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH
Hi Neighbour
Luci-O-Hell
Puppy!
Hybrid
NOT an Update. please read..
Food is love
You smell nice
Grace.
Crush.
Welcome to Hell
Nightmare...
Cherry
Silver
AVENGER
First File
Mind Reader
the first Rejection?
Heat ideology
I'm RAY.
Girlfriend?!!
Icecream
New Book(s)?
Trust and Trap
Mine
Liar Liar
No brainer
"Character Descriptions" not update.
Campfire Confession
Waterworks
Alpha
Dr. Stranger Things
Coincidence or Not?
White Hallways
Missed you.
Touch me
The letter
Forever
Beautiful
Death's Deal.
Eva.
No Strings attached
Traitor for a Friend
Hellway Runway
IMPORTANT NEWS
Mistakes
Chasing Desires
Bitter Love
Russian
Broken Promises
Shopping aisles for Prom
Sucker for you
A call was made.
Showdown
Last Breath
Lost paths
Farewell
The Story Never Ends
NEW BOOKS

Identity

1.6K 83 12
By Jayniel_ezra

Heyyyyy

Welcome back!

Happy reading!

Zacks POV:

I shut my door close and dropped my exhausted body on the cold sheets of the bed. I closed my eyes thinking about nothing in general, just... listening to my breaths and the sounds of pencil-scribble somewhere in the next room.

"Ohmygod... how am I supposed to solve this? I cant believe this... Im on the same problem for the past ten minutes and I still cant find the goddamned answer. Okay. Okay. Concenterate Lea. Just.... calm down. Take deep breaths and dont think of anything else..."

I heard her frusturate over a question and smiled to myself. Why are you adorable?

She never comes to me whenever she has some problems with her schoolwork. I mean like.. NEVER! Not to brag but... I had always been a teensy bit better at studies than her and whenever I offered her my help, she just gave me a sharp death-glare in return.

Maybe I kinda deserved it all those times, considering the fact that I occasionally dropped my homework in her hands...

Some of the thoughts came rushing in my mind, but I pushed them at the back of my mind, not wanting to think about them.

"Arghhfgghhj... why?" A soft sound followed her thoughts and kept on continuing.

I could already imagine her hitting her forehead to her study desk. How childish can you be? You can just ask for my help.... Im right here..

I smiled and shot open my eyes with that smug smile on my lips. I rose up from my bed, but just then I stopped. I stopped because I remembered her words. The pain in her eyes when she asked me yesterday. Her soft hands trembling before I took them in mine.

I sighed, remembering.

Flashback:

There were no one here at the moment. I clenched my fist, in an attempt to calm my beating heart. She smiled at me and sat down on the bench, completely oblivious of what Im going through right now... what I am right now.

"So.. do you often come here?" She asked me placing her hands on her bare knees.

I hummed in response, "yeah...Me and Cookie found this place... its not far from the main building and its really calm here"

She smiled, "you guys must be really close." Her blonde locks fell to her face as she looked down at her feet.

I smiled, "yeah we are.... we've been together, since forever..."

She chuckled a little and an awkward silence hung in the air. I tapped my feet on the ground from the uneasiness.

After almost 6 calculated minutes she spoke up.

"Do you ever feel afraid Zack? Afraid that one day you will wake up to find everything that you had loved is disappeared like it was never there just to begin with..."

I lost my words. I felt a knot forming in my throat.

This is what I was afraid of all this time. Losing another whom I love so much. Im afraid to the point that I dont want to wake up. I already died once when I was at her funeral.... but, I had Cookie... who put back every broken piece of my shattered heart and loved me. I had my brothers who helped me become what I am today. I had Cookie's parents who gave me courage when I lost hope to live. If I wake up to find any of these people gone... is the day I die for real.

My heart beat fastened and I stopped breathing when she looked up at me.

Her eyes shone with tiny pearl-like tears glistening on her small face. Her lips quivered in silence.

I didnt know what to do, so I leaned in and hugged her.

"Its okay to cry if you are afraid." I said softly, patting her back gently, trying to stay strong for Grace.

"I... Im... l-lonely.. M-My.. parents left m-me... I d-dont even.. k-know what I-I... did, for t-them.. t-to leave me.." she sobbed on my chest. Her small hands gripping a fistful of my shirt, dampening it with her tears.

"I know how you feel... its hard... but, I will be by your side... I will listen to you.." I said swallowing my own pain and misery that was surfacing up.

She stayed there, crying for few more minutes and finally let me go. She wiped her tears and then broke a small smile.

"Im sorry I ranted out to you... I was feeling a little low and wanted to throw my emotions away..." she apologised smiling a bit,  but her voice still hoarse.

Wish I could do that too..

I smiled at her and shook my head, "its fine... Im glad you are okay..."

She smiled at me showing her perfect teeth. Her nose had turned red and her mascara was smudged a little. She got up from her seat and stood up. I jumped to my feet and looked down at her.

I was about to turn away, but her head collided with my chest, wrapping her hands around my waist.

I was frozen on spot and didnt know what to do... again.

The only girl I ever let, to hug me without my permisssion was Cookie and her only. But, now having Grace's hands around me... I was confused.

Why couldnt I push her away like I did with the other girls who had done this with me?

Why couldnt I raise my voice at her?

Her warm body was trembling against mine and I strangely.. liked her presence. She was warm and cute... and very comfortable to hang out with. My heartbeat fastened when I felt her breaths on my chest.

"If I tell you... Ive to tell you something... will you hear me out?" Her voice was soft and almost inaudible, if it wasnt for my heightened senses.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"I... Im sorry.. for appearing rude to your friends. Ive never had any in my life... and.. its just so new to me. I know that you're friends do not like me... but, I will try my best for them to know me better. I... Im not trying to sound clingy... but, I dont want to lose you. You are the first friend I ever had... and I.. cant lose you..."  she whispered and I felt a strange warmth walk in my heart. Her words made me a little flustered but I kept it at bay.

"Its okay... they will like you when they get to know you better..." I said reassuringly.

"I also know.. that I cant ask you anything more than your presence Zack... but..." she paused to pull away from the hug and looked straight into my eyes.

She continued, "I think.... I think I like you.... like you more than a friend."

My eyes widened in shock at her sudden confession.

"What-" I tried to ask her but she cut me off.

"No! Please... Its hard for me. Ive..Ive never had such strong feelings after my parents disappearances... I know, I became rude and ignorant towards others.... but now I want to change... I want to become the girl I once was. I dont want to be that person who plays around anymore. I want to feel the bliss again, now that you have come along and.... im sorry.. I messed up, but I couldnt stop my stupid heart. I cant ask you to love me back... but, please.... please... just dont push me away."

My breath stopped and I felt everything else fade away. Infront of my eyes... there was only one person right now... and she was afraid. I was afraid.

"I... I.. uh..-" i was trying to find the right words to speak but just then she cut me off by placing her soft lips on mine. The kiss wasnt a brash one, like the first time. This time her kiss was so sincere... so pure. It felt like I could melt in her hands. Her lips moved slowly but skilfully against mine, tasting every inch of my lips.

I closed my eyes and kissed her back, not because I did it everytime... because, this time I really did feel something in my heart. I gently tugged her lower lip with my teeth and pulled her closer to me. Her warmth felt so heavenly. Her smell, her hair and her movements was so magical that I was becoming weak for her.

I could feel her cherry lipbalm taste in my mouth. This weirdly-familiar flavour was all I could think of. Her lips reflected the scent that I always had a weird thought of. All this time it was her... Grace. That distinct but familiar scent which drove me crazy and I wanted more of it... all of it.

She had some kind of spell on me. I do not know why... but it felt like that clichè thing called love.

It took me time to realise... im sorry. I was playing with you all this time, but not anymore. I like you like crazy.... and I will protect you... because in your eyes, I see myself.

End of Flashback:

I sighed remembering everything. Grace was my girlfriend now... and she said she felt a little insecure with me hanging out with Cookie all day. It isnt her fault that me and Cookie are like this. Many people often get the same reaction and both of us are quite used to it.

I will not cling onto Cookie... but that doesnt mean I will let go of her hand. That hand which raised me from my hell hole... I can never dream of doing something like that.

I stared at the ceiling when I heard the pencil stop scribbling.

I focused my mind on her, but there was nothing I could find. Her breaths were low and almost inaudible. Her mind, put up a blank sheet of paper around her brain and I couldnt get through.

"You better not be reading my mind! If you are doing that right now.... then believe me, I can feel you do that."

I heard her words hiss inside her mind and I froze on spot.

Can she really feel me read her mind? Ohmygod... what is this..

"But, are you seriously reading my mind right now?"

I heard her sigh and slump down on her desk.

Phew ~~ thankgod... she was just bluffing.

I shook my head and shredded my shirt to get a nice warm shower.

End of Zack's POV:

********

Azalea's POV:

I sat on the bleachers watching Luciel play basketball. He asked me to come watch him practice, since the tournaments are right around the corners in few weeks. I liked tp play basketball once upon a time. Luciel, himsef taught me.

His blonde hair was pulled back from falling on his face by a bandana. The maroon jersey hugged his sweaty body, revealing the tiny traces of abs from the point where I was sitting. The sounds of his shoes against the wooden floor squeaked loudly.

He dribbled the ball across the court picturing invisble defenders and dodging them. When he reached his court, he took calculated strides and jumped towards the hoop without any difficulty, scoring a point.

I clapped my hands and he turned around to give me his toothy grin with a small wink. I rolled my eyes, still laughing. He beckoned his hands towards me, motioning me to come meet him. I got up from my seat and straightened my lavender purple blouse. I grabbed my bag and walked on the aisle, towards the court.

Luciel came upto me with a face-towel hanging around his neck.  His face was covered with sweat and yep, just like I predicted from the bleachers.... his abs were definitely showing up. I averted my gaze, back to his eyes. He sipped water from his bottle and then looked at me, wiping his sweaty face with the towel.

"I must say... Im pretty sure we're gonna win this year." I said holding the straps of my bag.

He chuckled in response, his warm black orbs looking down at me. "Never underestimate your enemy"

I dropped my shoulders and gave him my resting bitch-face, "Im trying to appreciate you for all your hardwork."

He laughed at that, ruffling my hair. "I know, thanks for coming here."

I smiled at him, "anything for the great Luciel Hale". I slightly bowed to him and I felt his hands on my shoulders, pulling me up.

He had a warm smile on his face and I couldnt help but smile back. "If you werent so sweaty, then I would have hugged you"

He raised his eyebrow tilting his head, giving him the badboy look and damn he looked so hot for the second. He let my shoulders go and the warm smile came back to his face,  washing away the dangerous look.

"Hold that thought. Imma go shower now." He said laughing, giving a small wink.

"Ohmygod. Who are you? Where is the Luciel that I knew? Identity Disorder eh?" I laughed at him. But my face froze when I remembered something.

"Im Ray."

"Ray. Call me Ray, instead of Zack for awhile."

"Im that part of Zack who woke up from his sleep."

"It is nice to meet you again... "

"I like you... unlike him."

Unlike HIM.

I gulped connecting the dots. The silver-lined blue eyes flashed in my mind and I couldnt help but stumble back in fear. Luciel caught my arm and pulled me up before my back touched the hard wooden floor. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at his terrified face. I was pressed against his body and he rested his hands on my waist, giving me the grip to stand back on my feet.

"Are you okay Lea? Is there something wrong?" He asked me and I felt my throat went dry.

All this time... I thought Zack... was just playing a prank. I thought that he was pulling my legs because he knew the fact that I couldnt ever confront my embarrassing moments. I... just thought that, he was Zack.

But, He was not.

How can I be so dumb?

How did I miss this?

It cant be... Lea. It cant be...

"Lea!" Luciel raised his voice in panic and I kept my hand on his chest to get a grip to hold myself from collapsing.

"Ray..." I whispered in an inaudible tone.

"Lea! Are you alright? Do you want me to take, you to the infirmary?"

"No... no. Its okay... Im okay." I said inching away from him.

"No! Youre not okay!" He raised his voice, fists gripping.

I broke a fake smile on my face, "Im okay... I.. I was just... feeling a little dizzy. Im.. Im fine."

He looked at me sharply. His black orbs piercing through my body. I knew that he knew that I was lying, but I chose to force upon to act eitherways.

"Lea... is there something wrong?" He calmed his tone and looked at me.

"Yes- I mean.. No! No! Not at all" I lied.

Great! Just f*cking great! You had one job lea! One job!!

"I.. I gotta go. See you later! Great practice by the way." I said running out of the door.

"No- no wait-" I heard Luciel's voice behind my back but I ignored it and began running.

I took my phone out of my pockets and unlocked it, going to the contacts.

Zack! You better pick this call!

*********

I called him eleven times! Eleven times! And he does what? Keeps the goddamned phone switched off.

The school wasnt even one of those fancy 400 acre campus' one and yet here we are.... on a lost hunt. It has been a good ten minutes since I left Luciel confused, back in the basketball court to find my beloved bestfriend. But what do I get? The lady's voice as the response to his switched off phone and my stomach dying with every millisecond that passed.

It was almost lunch time and this boy was no where to be found. The teacher who had to take up a class fell ill and there was no one to take up substitution. Zack was lost, Damian is probably still in the cafeteria, since I bumped into him searching for Zack, Luciel and the other boys could be there right now.

Okay. Calm the f*ck down Lea! Just.. breathe. If I was Zack... where would I go? Where would I-

I mentally facepalmed and found myself frowning.

How can I miss that place?

I turned on my heels and began walking towards that secret spot we both discovered. Its not a huge secret actually... or anything magical.... or mysterious of that sort. Its just... a nice and pleasant place, we often come to hang out.

When I reached there, I saw Zack walking at my direction, hand-in-hand with Grace. There were talking and Grace giggled, swinging her hands. From the way they were acting... Im pretty sure they didnt see me.. yet.

I saw Zack looking up at me all of a suddenly as if he sensed my presence.

Dont ask. Dont react. Youre coming with me. NOW!

I walked towards them, with my fists gripped. I looked at Grace who was looking at me distastefully.

I gave her a forced smile and looked at Zack.

For the sake of your bestfriend. Please.

"Im sorry Grace. But I've to borrow my bestfriend for awhile." I grabbed Zacks hand and yanked him towards me. He didnt resist and kept throwing confusing looks. I continued, "I hope you dont mind."

Before she could be any answer I dragged the black hooded with me to the place they probably went a few minutes ago.

Zack didnt say anything along the way, but I could feel his piercing gaze on my back. I hurriedly walked ahead not looking at him... even for once. I felt the warmness of his hand radiate all the way to my body.  He tightened his grip, around my fingers and I almost squeaked.

When I reached that familiar bench I let go of my hand and walked a few steps ahead, holding my head in my hands.  My breath was like a rollercoaster from half-running all the way to here. I calmed myself and raked my fingers through my hair, gripping it near my scalp.

I exhaled and closed my eyes "I..."

"I.. do not know, how Im supposed to tell you this Zack..." I opened my eyes, still facing my back to him.

"But... but.. I think.."

I finally made up my mind to tell him all. I spun on my heels to face him and blurted out, "I think you've got split personaliti-"

My lips quivered when my eyes met his. I stood frozen on spot when I found a oair of dark blue silver-lined eyes staring into my soul. I felt the rest of the world fade away in the presence of his gaze. That gaze which I dreaded... was right infront of me.

He tilted his head to the side, still staring not blinking even for once. He shoved his hands into his pockets and simply stared at me. A dangerous smirk crawled its way up on his full lush lips, making me want to dig open the ground and bury myself right then.

He licked his lips, raising his chin up and ending it with the same dangerous smirk. That smirk, could be the reason for my death if he continues anymore.

He took a step ahead towards me, keeping the smirk plastered on his face. "Hi princess! Now... where were we last time?"

I gulped and crutched the hem of my blouse, backing away from him.

"R-Ray?..."

.
.
.
.
.
.

Authors Note:

Wow... today I realised something.

NEWSFLASH: I've got exams on next Monday. Yep. The whole mood of "How can my day get any worser?" skyrocketed when I heard it. Mondays are probably the worst not to mention Sundays, now that Ive got classes on sundays too. 

*cries a river*. Im okay.

Sorry for the rant😅 I dont think I will be able to upload a chapter next week. And... the new story in my head will... probably *crossing fingers* be out in the first or the second week of July.

Anyways, like, comment and share.

Have a great day! Love yall❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
82.1K 3.3K 36
Goddess of Ice, Alyja has always dreamed of the day she find her mate, but what happens when everything she had hoped for is the complete opposite? ...
1M 27.4K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...
570 9 12
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...