The Kindness of Shadows (Damo...

By alliecat_95

Allison, Elena's best friend use to be this cheery, upbeat, bubbly girl, the girl that everyone wanted to be... More

Allison
Cast
Prologue
1. Pilot
2. The Night of the Comet
3. Friday Night Bites (Part 1)
Author's Note
4. Friday Night Bites (Part 2)
5. Family Ties (Part 1)
6. Family Ties (Part 2)
7. You're Undead to Me
8. Lost Girls
9. Haunted
10. 162 Candles
11. History Repeating
12. The Turning Point
14. Unpleasantville
Authors Note:
15. Children of the Damned
16. Fool Me Once
17. A Few Good Men
18. There Goes the Neighborhood
19. Let the Right One In
20. Under Control
21. Miss Mystic Falls
22. Blood Brothers
23. Isobel
24. Founder's Day
Authors Note: (Please read)

13. Bloodlines

6.4K 132 83
By alliecat_95

When Allison had woken up the next morning she felt like absolute hell. She couldn't remember much of last night. She remembered Logan Fell hitting her, but that was it. Nothing else came to mind. She looked over to her bedside table and saw a note that read;

Allison,

Bonnie, Stefan and I came to visit you last night, but you were asleep so we left so you could get some rest. We're all so glad you're okay. I was so worried when Stefan told me that Logan had taken you. Bonnie was going crazy when she heard too. We're glad you're safe even though I'm shocked Damon was the one to do so.

Love Elena, Bonnie and Stefan

P.S. Stefan fixed the lock on your door that Damon broke so that your family wouldn't ask questions.

Her smile grew every time she read it, but frowned when she read that Damon had broken the lock on her door. He hadn't even been invited in so she wondered how that happened. She read the note again and realized she must have invited him in since he was the one that saved her. She felt a pang in her chest. It must've been gratefulness. She was grateful to Damon for this. Whenever she saw him she would thank him.

She had been throwing up all morning. Blood was all that she had been throwing up and she literally felt like shit. She seemed to have a bad reaction to vampire blood. After she finished throwing up and took a shower Stefan called her. "Hello?" She groaned. "Um, hey Allison. Look I know this isn't the best time for you and all, but I've been calling Elena and she's not answering her phone. I've been to her house, Jenna says she stayed at Bonnie's. I was-" Stefan rambled but Allison cut him off. "Don't worry Stefan, I'll be right there, okay." Stefan didn't want her to worry and said, "no, it's okay I can find her. I just wanted to know if you'd seen her." She sighed, "no, Stefan I haven't. I'm coming over." She hung up before he could protest.

She was currently sitting in Stefan's room looking through his journals. Goodness, he's got a lot of emotional damage. He also spoke about Elena a lot. Ugh. This was to sappy for her. She closed it and put it back on his desk as Stefan was on the phone talking to somebody and she could tell he was getting angry. He looked at his phone when the conversation ended and then threw it angrily across the room. Allison raised her eyebrows up at him, "So umm... How did it go?" He didn't answer at first; he just looked at Elena's necklace in his hand. "She's with Damon." He said, his voice hard. Allison's nose scrunched up and her only response was, "oh..."

Stefan began to pace around and Allison stood by his desk tapping her fingers on it as they both tried to think of a way to find Elena and Damon. Stefan stopped pacing then and pulled out the necklace from his pocket. He looked back at Allison and said, "we could get Bonnie to do a locator spell." Allison raised her eyebrows, "really, you think so? How would it work?" He held up Elena's necklace, "as long as you have something that belongs to the person that's missing, you can locate them."

Allison nodded. It didn't really make any sense, but she was willing to believe in it. "Bonnie's probably at school then, c'mon." She said as they both left the house and got into Allison's car. Allison wanted to sing to calm her nerves from everything that had been going on recently, but didn't want Stefan to know that she sang. She decided that at the moment this was what she needed to calm down, so she turned on the radio and started singing 'A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.'

Stefan had been worrying about Elena and what Damon could do to her when he suddenly heard singing. He turned to his left and saw Allison singing. His eyes widened in shock and she turned to look at him with raised eyebrows and then rolled her eyes. "Look, I didn't want you to know that I sing, but I needed to, to calm my nerves. Don't tell anybody, not even Elena. Please?" "I wont." Stefan promised, "though you shouldn't hide it. You have a beautiful voice." "Thanks." She said and smiled. 

Allison parked the car and looked towards Stefan who had a solemn expression on his face. She placed a hand on his shoulder, "don't worry, she'll be okay. I just don't understand why she would run away?" Stefan looked at her and sighed. He pulled the photo out of his pocket and handed it to Allison. She looked at the photo and saw Elena in an 1800s dress. She looked pretty, but as she looked at the bottom of the picture she saw written in elegant writing Katherine Pierce, 1864. 

Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open as she looked at the photo and then back at Stefan. She did this a few times until she finally managed to stutter, "oh, my god." Stefan nodded, "I know, I know. It's a little" "This is so freaky! Why does she look like her?" She practically yelled. People turned and Stefan grabbed her pulling her behind a wall. "Look, I don't know why they look alike. They just do, okay."

She huffed, "well, I can see why she freaked out and left." She began to think about why Stefan was with her best friend and she became angry, "wait? Are you dating her just to replace Katherine? I don't think so, now you're gonna have to deal with me." she said as she went into a fighting stance. Stefan held his hands up, but before he could explain to her that, that wasn't the case she punched him. Hard.

"Yeah, that's right! You think twice next time before you mess with my friends." She punched him in the stomach and he hunched over in pain. Damn she was strong he thought. He used his vampire speed and blocked her next punch as he grabbed her arm, "I'm not trying to replace Katherine. Trust me, I would never do that. I love Elena."

Allison stopped struggling and looked at him. His eyes seemed so honest and he seemed to really believe what he was telling Allison which made her believe him. Stefan let her go when he noticed that she calmed down and she looked remorseful. "I'm so sorry I punched you. I have no idea what came over me, I was seeing red." Stefan placed his hands on her shoulders and said, "no, it's fine. You were just protecting Elena. I respect that." "Well good, but I'm still sorry." She smiled lightly at him and said, "Let's go and find Bonnie." Stefan watched her walk away and shook his head. How could she be so strong? He wondered as he followed her to go find Bonnie.

They had both been wandering around the school for ages looking for Bonnie. They walked past the entrance and saw her walking rather quickly to her car. Allison called her name, "Bonnie! Hey!" Bonnie turned when she heard her friend call her and asked, "hey, how are you? When Elena told me that a vampire had taken you and hurt you I was so worried." Allison smiled at her, "I'm good thanks."

"Bonnie, hey." Stefan greeted her as he walked up to them. Her face fell when she heard him and she mumbled out a short, "hi." "I, uh, haven't seen you lately, apart from at Allison's yesterday and even then you wouldn't speak to me. How are you doing with everything?" Stefan asked. Bonnie looked at him and tried to remind herself that he was the one who saved her. "I'm fine. All's fine." "Good." "Yeah. Are you back in school?" Bonnie quickly changed the subject.

Stefan put his hand in his pockets and answered, "no. Actually we came here to find you. I was hoping you could help me with something. A spell." Bonnie turned around at hearing this and Allison and Stefan stopped. "Stefan, look, I know that Elena and Allison are okay with all of this, and I appreciate what you did for me, but I'm not ready to dive into it just yet." She told them both quickly. "I understand that, but I need your help." He said.

Allison was getting annoyed, the conversation wasn't going anywhere. "Bonnie look, Elena is stuck with Damon somewhere and we need your help to find her." Bonnie gasped and looked at Allison. "Why is she with him?" Allison raised an eyebrow. She didn't really understand why everyone freaked out about the fact that she was with Damon. They should have been freaking out at the fact that she was in an unknown place, but Allison just shrugged.

Stefan lead them over to a bench that was out of the way and they all sat down. Stefan placed Elena's necklace in front of Bonnie and said, "this is Elena's necklace. I was hoping you could use this to make a connection. I need to know that she's okay." Bonnie looked at them both with doubt, "how do you guys know I can do this?" "Because I've known other witches. I've seen what they can do." Stefan told her. Allison added in, "and because you're Bonnie Bennett, which makes you awesome." Bonnie smiled lightly at her friend, but it fell after a second. "I'm still new at this."

Stefan shrugged, "it's okay." Allison nodded in agreement, "just try." "Okay." She picked up the necklace and clasped it in her hand closing her eyes and began to concentrate. Allison moved so nobody could see what they were doing. After a few seconds of nothing happening Bonnie opened her eyes and sighed, "there's nothing. Nothing's happening. Usually, there's and image or..." She looked behind her and then back at them, "tell me if anyone's looking." She said and they nodded.

She bent down and picked up a leaf placing it on the table. She placed her hand over the leaf and Allison assumed that she was trying to make it float like the feathers before. Allison and Stefan watched intently, but nothing happened. Sighing in disappointment she looked at them both and Stefan asked, "what is it?" "Somethings wrong." Bonnie told them as she packed her stuff up.

Worry fell over Stefan's face and he asked quickly, "with Elena?" Allison shook her head, "I think she's talking about her powers, Stef." Bonnie nodded her head furiously, agreeing with Allison's statement. "With me. There's something wrong with me. I have to go. I'm sorry Stefan. I can't help you." She said as she ran off. "Bonnie wait!" Allison called, but she had already gotten into her car.

Elena had her head leaning against the car window as Damon tapped his fingers against the wheel and sighed, "so where's my car?" "I pulled it off to the side of the road. I don't think anybody will bother it." He told her. "What about that man in the middle of the road? Was he a...?" Elena stopped her sentence not being able to finish it. "From what I could tell." He answered. He wondered if that was the vampire that liked to hang around Allison's. He hadn't had a chance to see his face or catch his scent.

Elena looked at him, "you didn't know him?" Damon sighed annoyed at the stupid questions she was asking, "look, if I've never met him, then I wouldn't know him. I mean, it's not like we all hang out together at the 'Vamp Bar & Grill'" he smirked at her. Elena didn't laugh though.

Damon drove around a corner and parked in front of a place called 'Bree's Bar'. Elena looked at it and said, "you brought me to a bar? I'm not old enough. There not gonna let me in" but she got out of the car anyway. Damon replied, "sure they will" and nodded his head for her to follow him. She sighed and closed the car door following him.

As she walked inside she saw that it was already quite full. She continued following Damon as he walked towards the bar where a tall woman with curly black hair was wiping it down. The woman looked up and a smile broke out onto her face, "no. No, it can't be. Damon?" She quickly jumped over the bar and walked towards him, "my honey-pie." She grabbed his face and kissed him.

Elena went wide eyed and didn't really know what to do. When they had stopped shoving their tongues down each others throats they sat down at the bar and Bree grabbed a bottle. "Listen up, Everybody. Here's to the man who broke my heart, crushed my soul, destroyed my life and ruined any and all chances of happiness. Drink up." She yelled. She placed two shots in front of Damon and Elena. Elena thought it was weird that she seemed pretty okay with him ruining her life and all.

Damon and Bree downed their shots and he quickly took Elena's and downed hers too. Bree looked back at Elena, smiled and asked, "so how'd he rope you in?" Elena watched her as she poured more alcohol into her shot glass, "I'm not roped in. Actually, I'm dating his-" Bree interrupted her, "honey, if you're not roped, you're whipped. Either way just enjoy the ride." Deciding not to argue with her, she changed the subject, "okay. So how did you two meet?" Bree laughed, "College." 

Elena smiled, she couldn't believe it, "you went to college?" Damon took his drink and answered, "I've been on a college campus, yes." Bree began to tell Elena how they met, "about twenty years ago when I was a sweet, young freshman I met this beautiful man and I fell in love. And then he told me about his little secret and it made me love him even more, because you see, I had a little secret of my own that I was just dying to share with somebody."

Elena furrowed her brows and waited for her to say it, but Damon leaned over and whispered, "she's a witch." Elena raised her eyebrows and smiled lightly. Bree smiled at him, "you changed my world, you know." Damon smirked, "more like I rocked your world." Bree laughed, "he is good in the sack, isn't he? But mostly, he's just a walk-away Joe." She turned around and put her glass down and then turned back to face him placing her hand on her hip, "so, what is it that you want?"

Allison and Stefan had gone back to his after things didn't go so well with Bonnie. They were trying to think of another way to find her, but came up with nothing. Allison was currently looking at Katherine's picture and realized that her last name was Pierce and Elena's was Gilbert. It didn't really make much sense to her; Elena was a Gilbert and Katherine was a Pierce so how could they be related.

"Hey Stefan?" He looked up at her and she could see he was frustrated, "How are Katherine and Elena related?" It was a good question that he didn't have the answers to, "I really don't know." Allison leaned on the desk, "I think she's safe with Damon and I think, rather than worrying about where they are we should find out about her family." He sat there and rested his chin in his hands. Maybe she was right, but Damon was unpredictable and the only reason that she thought that Elena was somewhat safe with him was because he'd rescued her from Logan. It wasn't a good enough reason for him, but she was right; there was no point in them sitting around trying to think of a way to find Elena. Doing something productive was a good idea.

"Come on, there's gotta be another way." Damon insisted. He was currently talking to Bree to see if there was another way to get the tomb open. He had clearly taken Allison's advice. Bree rested her legs on the table and asked, "after all these years, it's still only Katherine?" How do you even know she's alive?" He sighed and stroked her arm with his fingers, "well, you help me into that tomb and we'll find out."

She looked at his hand on her arm and then moved it, "I already did, twenty years ago, remember? Three easy steps: comet, crystal, spell." Damon gritted his teeth, "there's a little problem with number two. I don't have the crystal." Bree shrugged, "that's it Damon. There's no other way. It's Emily's spell." "What about a new spell with a new crystal that overrides Emily's spell?"

Bree only stared at him, "it doesn't work that way, baby. Emily's spell is absolute; you can't get into that tomb." Damon swallowed. He couldn't believe this. No, he wouldn't. There had to be another way, he wasn't about to give up on Katherine.

Allison had just come back to the Salvatore Boarding house from Elena's house and she handed Stefan Elena's birth certificate. It took her forever to find. She searched through Elena's and then through Jenna's room, but made sure not to move anything too much. Her excuse was that she had left her phone here and she needed to find it. She ended up finding it in a box filled with photos of Elena and Jeremy and a few photos that she was in when she was about seven years old.

The birth certificate had made it all the more confusing because it read that Grayson and Miranda Gilbert were her birth parents. If she and Stefan were confused before, now they were completely lost. Allison groaned, "what do we do now?" An idea came to him, "we could check the hospital records. Check if her mother was ever admitted for any appointments while she was pregnant with Elena." Allison shrugged, "fine, but you're going in this time." He nodded and they left to go to the hospital.

After Elena had ended her phone call with Stefan, Damon and Elena decided to get some food. They had been talking about how she looked like Katherine and Damon didn't have any answers. Something else was bothering Elena other than her looking exactly like the Salvatore brother's ex and that was Damon's relationship with Allison. Although she was glad that he had rescued Allison yesterday, she couldn't help but wonder why and decided to voice this. "Why did you save Allison yesterday?" 

Damon stopped mid bite of his burger. He was hoping no one would ask, "I just did. I thought you would be glad, unless you have some weird agenda against Alliecat." He raised his eyebrows at her. Elena rolled her eyes and sighed, "no, I'm glad you did, it's just I don't understand why you did it. You seem to hate everyone." Damon's brows came together at that, "I don't hate her. I prefer her to everybody else in that town."

"That's because she's like you in the fact that she has an ego the size of this planet." She told him. This was a bit of an exaggeration, but her friend did have a pretty big ego. Damon laughed at this. He had heard her once or twice tell Elena that she was amazing, but Damon believed that she was just joking half the time. "So why do you like her?" She asked.

Damon groaned, she was starting to get on his nerves, "I never said I liked her. I just tolerate her. That's all." Elena raised an eyebrow at him; she didn't believe him, "really?" "Yes!" Damon hissed, "now shut up about her. I'm sick of hearing about her." Elena flinched slightly at his hostility, but continued, "then why did you give her your blood?"

Damon gritted his teeth and ignored her. The truth was he didn't really have an answer. He just did it in the spur of the moment and for the fact that she had been treated badly by Logan (he hated that bastard.) But he guessed he did like her. After all she seemed to be the most supportive of him trying to get Katherine back. Everybody else just told him to forget about her and that definitely wasn't going to happen. If it wasn't for Allison he supposed he would have given up to soon, but Bree wasn't giving him any useful answers right now.

Allison and Stefan had gotten the information needed from the hospital and decided that they would try again with Bonnie. The two of them just walked down from the porch of Bonnie's father's house and Stefan asked, "do you have any idea where she might be?" Allison thought about it for a moment and nodded, "she spends a lot of time at her grandmother's. I think she's a witch too. She is the one who told Bonnie about witchcraft."

"Okay, let's go then." He went to Allison's car with her following and she drove off to Sheila Bennett's house. Parking in her driveway, she remembered spending a lot of time here when she was little. Sheila was good friends with her mother and she would always let her look after Allison with Bonnie.

They walked up to the porch and Allison knocked on the door. A few seconds later Sheila answered and smiled brightly when she saw Allison. "Allison, hello darling. How are you?" Allison smiled just as brightly back, "hey, Sheila. I'm good thanks, how are you?" "Wonderful dear. What brings you here?"

She looked back at Stefan and looked as if she just realized he was there. She looked back to Allison and her face fell serious, "can I help you?" She asked mainly to Stefan. "I'm Stefan, a friend of Bonnie's." He held his hand out for her to shake and she hesitantly took it. "Allison thought she might be here." Sheila stared at him, "She was. Not anymore." Stefan asked, "do you know where she went?" "No, but you do."

Allison scrunched her nose up, "Okay, I'm confused." She felt Sheila grab her arm and pull her towards her. When Allison turned to look at her, Sheila's eyes went wide, but she quickly covered it up by turning back to Stefan. "I told her to face down her fear and I'm sensing now that you know exactly what she's scared of." She stepped forward, but kept Allison behind her so that now she was in her house. "You know what I am, and yet you offered me your hand which means you wanted me to see that I could trust you."

"Can you?" He asked. She stared at him for a moment before saying, "I trust you'll keep her safe. Better be on your way then. I'm not gonna invite you in, I'm sure you understand why." Allison was about to leave to, but Sheila took a hold of her again. "I want to talk with you." She looked at her and then to Stefan and he nodded and walked down the porch and in a second he was gone.

Sheila closed the door and turned to Allison and she turned to face Sheila. "So." Allison began, "what did you wanna talk to me about?" "You've been having weird dreams lately, haven't you?" Sheila asked. She froze at the mention of her dreams, "I don't know what you're talking about." She turned on her heal and walked into the living room.

Sheila laughed as she followed her, "don't play dumb dear. I sensed it when I touched you, and you need to find out what they mean." She took her hands and lead her to the sofa. Sheila quickly went into the kitchen and came back a few minutes later with a bowl and candles. "Lay down." Sheila instructed.

Allison looked warily at her, "I don't think-" She stopped mid sentence as she was distracted by the candles suddenly flickering to life. "Whoa. How do you do that whole light show thing?" Allison continued to ask random questions when Sheila dipped her hands in the water and pressed them to her temples. Allison was about to ask what she was doing when she felt herself getting groggy. Her eyes drooped and she fell backwards onto the sofa unconscious.

Dream

Allison coughed violently as she knelt on the ground. Looking around she saw that she was back in the woods again, and noticed that it was morning due to the light yellowy color in the sky. She got up slowly and jumped when someone spoke. "Hello." It was the same man with the British accent again. She looked around to where he could be and saw a shadow in the trees. "You've returned." He stated.

Allison rubbed her arms and snorted, "umm, not by my own accord." She heard him laugh deeply, "yes, it seems so." She looked through the trees and said, "why don't you let me see you?" He hesitated, "I'm not sure that's the best idea." "Please." She sounded so vulnerable. She didn't mean to, but she didn't understand why she was having these dreams, "I don't understand anything. The least you can do is let me see you."

She heard him sigh and then some twigs snapping and leaves rustling. As he stepped out she almost wanted to gasp. He had dark slightly curled hair that came to his chin, a defined jaw line and he was quite tall. He was also wearing clothes that appeared to be from the 1400s or something. She noticed he was looking her over as well.

What really made her do a double take were the eyes. She had seen those eyes millions of times when she looked at herself in the mirror. They were her eyes, staring straight back at her. She blinked her eyes rapidly and shuddered as a gust of wind blew past them. He looked her over. He so badly wanted to pull her towards himself and just hug her and keep her warm. She was beautiful with curly dark brown hair that went down to the middle of her back, the same jaw line as him and the same eyes. The main difference was her height; she was very short. Obviously from her mother.

Deciding that she needed answers she asked, "what's you're name?" He looked away and told her, "I can not tell you that." Allison contorted her face in annoyance, "why not?" She demanded. He couldn't help the smirk that appeared on his face, "it's not the best idea for me to give to much away." Confused now she asked, "give too much away to what?" He looked back at her, "you see. There are things you just can't know yet."

She huffed, "well, I need to call you something." He nodded, "okay, fair enough." He began to think of something when he turned to her and asked, "what would you like to call me?" She looked around and began to think. He watched her as she swung her arms around and looked into the sky and asked, "what are two of the letters in your name?" He shifted on his feet. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he told her two letters in his name, "E and J." He told her.

She nodded her head, "E.J., alright. So E.J. why do I keep having these dreams." She questioned. He laughed at the nickname and she glared which made him quickly shut up. He cleared his throat and walked closer to her and sat down patting the space next to him. She complied, but sat a few inches away, "you're having then because they are preparing you. That's all I can say for now."

"What does that mean?" He looked at her and raised an eyebrow and she answered her own question, "right. You can't give too much away." He nodded, "you're getting it." She laughed and rolled her eyes, but then she became serious, "what happened that time you were with that other man?" He sighed, "he was upset that a woman had betrayed us. We needed her and she turned against us, well him more like it." 

She nodded in understanding, "betrayal, yeah. I know the feeling. And what was the deal with the wolf?" He honestly didn't know the answer to this and his brows furrowed as he shrugged his shoulders. "I really do not know. It wasn't supposed to be here." This just made her frustrated, "what do you mean it wasn't supposed to be here? It's my dream, they aren't real."

He looked at her and understood her frustration. They were her dreams and she shouldn't have to deal with this, but she needed to know certain things and be able to recognize him one day. "I understand your frustration, but please bare with me. It will all make sense one day." He looked around and said, "you're waking up" as he got up and she followed. "Wait." She said. "Will you always be here?" He looked at her and saw the hidden desperation and hope that he would be, and he felt touched and nodded, "yes, I'll always be here." She breathed a sigh of relief just as he disappeared.

Her eyes flashed open and she looked around and saw Sheila looking down at her with concern. She put a hand on her shoulder and asked, "did you get everything you needed for now?" She looked at her; did she know something? She only nodded when they heard a knock at the door. They both got up and as they went to the door Allison saw out the window that it was dark. Gosh, how long had she been asleep?

Sheila opened the door to reveal Stefan and Bonnie who had a cut on her head and a badly grazed knee. Bonnie smiled at them both and walked into her Grams open arms. "Well, now, look who's returned from battle." Sheila smiled at her. She looked at Stefan and asked, "can I talk to your friend for a moment?" Bonnie nodded and walked over to Allison and hugged her and they both walked into the living room.

Bonnie looked at the candles and the bowl of water and asked, "what's been going on?" Allison looked at her and said warily, "please don't judge me like I'm crazy, okay?" Bonnie gave the 'look', the one that said she would never do that, "I'm a witch Allie. I'm in no place to judge." And they both sat down on the sofa. She took a deep breath and began, "I've been having these weird dreams lately, and I'm always in the woods, and this British guy is there and he tells me that he's trying to 'prepare' me for something."

Even though Bonnie said she wouldn't judge her she couldn't help but think she was a little crazy, and Allison's face fell. "See, I knew you would think I was a nut job or something." And she got up to leave. Bonnie instantly regretted her thoughts and got up and grabbed her arm, "no, Allison wait. I'm sorry, I don't think you're crazy. You're my friend and I want you to be able to come to me when things like this bother you." Allison smiled, grateful and Bonnie pulled her in for a quick hug.

Stefan and Allison went back to his place after that and Stefan asked Allison, "they have to come back soon, right?" Allison moaned, "yes Stefan. Stop asking now before I hit you." He'd been asking that ever since they got back. She knew the reason was because he was anxious to tell her that she was adopted. This was gonna be tough.

He was messing with Elena's necklace and Allison was just sitting by the window staring out when she saw Damon's car park in the driveway. She saw Elena get out, but not Damon. She saw him through his car window and he pointed for her to come and join him. She mouthed 'half an hour' and he nodded and drove off. She knew that he had gone to the Grill.

They both turned as they heard footsteps coming into the room. Elena walked in and said, "hi." "Hi." Stefan greeted as he got up from his seat and Allison waved. She figured she should stay out of the way for the first half. They both just stood there for a moment before Elena broke the silence. "You could have told me." He nodded, "I wanted to tell you."

Tears welled up in Elena's eyes, "you said no more lies, only the truth. I can handle the truth, Stefan. As crazy as it is, I can handle the fact that you're a vampire, and that you have a vampire brother, and that one of my best friends is a witch and the other is making friends with your vampire brother."

Allison turned, "Um no. I just tolerate him that's all." Elena looked at her as she said that. She said the exact same thing as Damon. Did they have some weird telepathy between one another? Ignoring her friends statement she went back to Stefan, "I can accept the fact that the world is a much more mysterious place than I ever thought possible, but this? This lie, I cannot take." 

Elena had walked around so that she was right in front of him. "What am I to you? Who am I to you?" She asked as she folded her arms over her chest. "You are not Katherine." He told her simply, "you are the exact opposite of everything that she was." "And when did you figure that out?" She demanded. Allison stood up ready to intervene if need be, "Before you kissed me? Before we slept together?"

Allison's face turned into one of disgust and she covered her ears, "okay, didn't need to hear that... Way too much information." Stefan looked down and shook his head, "before I met you." Elena and Allison looked at each other. Neither one new this and it seemed kind of creepy, "first day of school when we met. It wasn't for the first time, Elena." She looked even more confused. "Then when was it?"

He took a deep breath, "May 23rd, 2009." Elena's face fell. It was the day her parents died, "but that was..." Allison walked up to her and Elena grabbed her hand. Allison squeezed it. Stefan interrupted her, "it was the day your parents car went over the bridge." Tears were desperate to fall from her eyes, "you were there?"

"Every couple of years, I come back here to see Zach and see my home, and last spring I was out in the woods by old Wickery bridge. I heard the accident. All of it. I was fast getting there, but not fast enough. The car was already submerged." Elena was crying now and she turned to Allison slightly. Allison rubbed her shoulder gently, "your dad, he was still conscious. I was able to get to him, but he wouldn't let me help him until I helped you." Elena gasped, "oh my god. When I woke up in the hospital no one could figure out how I got out of the car. They said it was a miracle."

Stefan walked closer to her, "I went back for them, but it was too late. I couldn't... When I pulled you out I looked at your face and you looked just like Katherine. I couldn't believe the resemblance. After that, I spent moths making sure that you weren't her. I watched you; I learnt everything that I could about you and I saw that you were nothing like Katherine. I wanted to leave town, Elena, but I couldn't. I couldn't leave without knowing you. I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you, but you were so sad and..."

Elena took a deep breath processing it all, "why do I look like her?" Allison turned Elena around so that she was facing her, "Elena, maybe we should take a beat." Elena took her hand back from Allison and looked back to Stefan, "why do I look like her Stefan? What are you not telling me?" Stefan began to explain, "it didn't make any sense to us, you're a Gilbert and she's a Pierce, but the resemblance was too familiar. And then we learned the truth."

When Stefan didn't say it she turned to Allison asking her to tell her through her teary eyes. Allison took a shaky breath and broke the news. "You were adopted." Elena's legs felt like jelly and Stefan helped her walk over to the couch in his room. She couldn't believe it, it was too much to take in. "How do you both know this?" "Your birth certificate from city records. It says 'Elena Gilbert Mystic Falls General', but there's no record of your mother ever being admitted. There's no record of her ever being pregnant." Stefan explained.

Elena turned her tear stained face to Stefan, "what else do you know?" She croaked out. Stefan took her hands in his, "for us to go any deeper we'd have to look into the Pierce family, and we couldn't do that. It's to much of a risk. If someone found out we were asking about Katherine." Elena looked down and Allison sat down next to her. "It doesn't change anything, Elena. You're still my best friend. That's all that matters to me." Elena smiled through her tears and rested her head on her shoulder.

Stefan immediately agreed with Allison, "it doesn't matter. You are the woman that I love. I love you." Elena smiled and placed her hand on his cheek and kissed him. Allison, seeing her cue to leave got up and made her way to the door. She turned back and saw Stefan mouth to her 'thank you.' She gave him a soft smile and left the Salvatore Boarding house and drove off to the Mystic Grill.

Allison walked into the Mystic Grill and looked around. She spotted him at the bar talking to Alaric. "Hey." She greeted him. Damon turned around and grinned at her, "didn't think you'd come. Did you miss me that much?" He said as he pulled a pouty face. She laughed humorlessly, "yeah, that's it. I can't stand a day without you." She replied as she brushed her finger across his chin.

Damon smirked and he noticed from the corner of his eye that the history teacher was watching them. He turned and glared at him and he quickly looked away. Allison sighed and leaned against the bar, "so, why did you want me to come here anyway?" Damon's smile grew and he told her, "you were right. I found a witch who gave me some new information on how to get the tomb open." Allison smiled happy for him, "Awesome, that's great! What did I tell you? Look at that, I'm so smart and absolutely gorgeous. Who could ask for more?" She joked and laughed.

He laughed and feeling in an ecstatic mood got up from his stool picked her up and spun her around. Her laughter was contagious and he automatically joined in. He put her back down and said, "you are gonna drink with me to celebrate." Laughing more, she agreed, "okay, sure." Sitting down on his right she turned to Alaric and smirked at him, "oh, hey there Mr. Saltzman. How are you?" Alaric nodded to her. "Hi, Allison." 

Damon grunted at her to turn her attention back to him and she did. "What?" She leaned forward and whispered, "he's kinda cute." For some reason Damon wasn't to happy with the idea of her finding someone else attractive and he rolled his eyes and bit out, "he's your history teacher for god's sake." Allison shrugged, "a girl can dream, can't she Damon, gosh." And she ordered a coke.

Damon's face fell completely at that. He didn't want her liking someone else and he didn't understand why. Allison's happy face disappeared as she thought of Damon getting Katherine back. Katherine would surely kill her and Damon wouldn't do anything to stop her and not only that, but he would leave town too and she didn't want him to go, but she didn't understand why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

977K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
640K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
6K 25 69
Erica lillys moves to mystic falls after her parents deaths shes hoping for a fresh start to a normal life but what she dosent know to brothers have...
85.3K 2.1K 54
" ᡗʳⁱᡖᡖⁱⁿᡍ, ᢠᡃˑˑⁱⁿᡍ, ʷⁱᡗʰ ⁿᡒ ˒ᡃᢠᡉᡗʸ ⁿᡉᡗ ᡇᡒʸ, ⁱᡗ α΅α΅˜Λ’α΅— ᡇᡉ ˒ᡒᡐᡉᡗʰⁱⁿᡍ ᡗʰᡃᡗ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜ Λ’α΅ƒβ±α΅ˆ " - 𝘒𝘳π˜ͺ𝘒𝘯𝘒 𝘨𝘳𝘒𝘯π˜₯𝘦 𝘧𝘡. 𝘡𝘺 π˜₯𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘒𝘳 𝘴π˜ͺ𝘨𝘯. |the...