Stay Close To Me (HiccupxRead...

By RioftheSouthernIsles

This is my first Hiccup x Reader fanfic. I don't own any of the characters, I'll try to update as much as pos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 & Author's Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Hiccup's POV
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Another Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Yet Another Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 (FINAL CHAPTER) & a couple of Author's Notes.
Just An Author Note

Chapter 3

18.8K 643 494
By RioftheSouthernIsles

((Sorry this took me like years to write. Anyways, sorry to anyone who reads this for the wait. & this isn't thoroughly edited, like always, so I apologize again.))

You wake up when you hear voices downstairs. You rub your eyes and sit up, looking around. The book lays beside you. You pick it up and take it to the desk, noticing an outfit that has been laid out for you. You slide it on and brush through your hair before braiding it. Then you walk down the stairs to see Stoick and Hiccup eating breakfast. "Morning," you say quietly. Hiccup looks up at you and smiles, and you smile back.

"Morning, ___. Hungry?" Stoick asks. You nod and Hiccup fills a plate with food and sets it in the spot across from him.

"Thank you," you say as you sir down. "And thanks for the outfit."

"No problem." Stoick says. "You and Hiccup can run down and buy more clothes."

Hiccup nods. "I'll show you around today." He says.

After breakfast Stoick leaves and Hiccup begins to clean up the table. "Here, I'll help you." You stand and begin stacking the dishes.

"No, it's okay. I've got it." He says.

"You've done enough," you say. You both lean over the table to reach for the same plate and hit your heads together. "Ow," you both say. "Sorry." Hiccup blushes and you laugh, pausing when you realize that there's a chance you could actually be happy again. Hiccup smiles and grabs the plate.

When you walk outside, you see Astrid walking up the porch steps. She smiles and Hiccup and pulls him in for a hug, glaring at you. You roll your eyes and walk down the steps to give them privacy. "Wanna train today?" She asks him.

"Uh... sorry Astrid, I'm gonna show ___ around. Later." He runs down the steps and waves at Astrid before taking your arm. You turn and wave at Astrid before walking happily with Hiccup.

"Hiccup!" You hear.

"Hey, Gobber." He says. A man with a blonde beard smiles down at you and Hiccup.

"Showing the new girl around, huh?"

"Yeah." He says. Gobber notices your sword and points at it.

"May I see that?" He asks. You nod and remove it, handing it to him. He looks at it closely. "Mind if I sharpen it up?" He asks. You shrug and follow him as he goes to a machine to sharpen the edges. He hands it back to you and you slide it into your belt. "Do you know how to use it?" He asks.

You smile. "Nope. My Father gave it to me right before-" You choke on your last words, unable to finish. Hiccup and Gobber nod in understanding. You shake your head and walk away, unable to take it anymore. "Sorry." You mutter. You walk around to the side of the building where no one walks by and fall to the ground, finally allowing yourself to really cry. You sob into your hands, not caring if someone hears, but not wanting anyone to come near you either.

Something whimpers from in front of you and you move your hands and see Toothless, looking down at you with a worried look in his eyes. "Hey," you whisper to him. He leans down and you pet his head. "You shouldn't see me like this, I'm a mess." You smile. He snorts and rubs his head against your shoulder. You lean against Toothless until the tears stop flowing. Then you wipe them away and stand up slowly, ignoring the fact that your face is probably swollen and red.

Hiccup is there, right where you'd left him. You walk over to him and he looks up, a worried look in his eyes as well. "Sorry, I just..." you shake your head.

"I get it. You don't need to be sorry." He smiles at you and pets Toothless. "Come on. I know where to get the clothes."

~

A few hours later you return with a few outfits that Stoick had ordered to be made specifically for you. Most of the colors were dark, just like your old clothing back home. It comforted you to see the dark fabric.

"I take it you don't want to eat with everyone else again." Hiccup says.

"Oh. Not really. Your friends don't bother me but-"

"They bother everyone, ___. Including me." He grins.

You laugh, "Makes me seem like a rude person."

"You're actually really nice. Nicer than anyone I've ever met."

"It's because I've been quiet." You say. Hiccup laughs and bumps into your shoulder, on accident probably, and blushes. Before he can apologize you bump into his shoulder, grinning at him. You stare at him and he stares at you for a minute, before Toothless pushes between you two. You blink quickly and look at the ground, your cheeks heating up. You don't want to admit it, but you're slowly getting to like this guy.

When you reach Hiccup's house, Stoick is no where to be found. "He's probably still out with the newcomers, planning more parties." Hiccup says.

"Do you guys usually do that?" You ask, sitting at one of the chairs, watching Hiccup cook fish.

"Sometimes." He says.

"I really don't get it. Everyone I came here with are happy. Every single one. Even if they lost everything. I'm the only one who's alone." You stare at the floor, not noticing Hiccup until he sits beside you.

"I've only known you for a day, ___." He says, blushing and looking at the table. "But I promise you, you'll never be alone." He reaches for your hand and you hesitantly take it.

"Thanks Hiccup. So I guess that makes us friends." You give him a small smile and he nods.

It's nice to not feel alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999 41 21
This my first fan fic so if it's bad tell me so I can fix it. And I'm also not good a descriptions so read to see what happens!
744 8 5
I haven't seen a lot of Jessie fanfics. So here's one. This is my first time writing a book so bare with me . This story will follow the episodes of...
8.1K 237 11
This is my first fanfiction and it's an outlawqueen story because I've just fallen in love with the them from the begging
68.9K 1.7K 28
[COMPLETED] This is my first fanfic so plz bare with me🥺🙏 edit: I have completed the story but will still be doing extras! !!CURRENTLY IN EDITING...