[EDITING] wanderlust | detroi...

By wonwowzers

"can i ask you a personal question, ajax?" connor asked, leaning against the table, "why is it that you're a... More

one - painful feelings
two - grumpy beginnings
four - to kill a god
five - with what?
six - trouble
seven - dancing with danger
eight - smoke and guns
nine - lilac
ten - bones
eleven - saint patrick
twelve - i may have killed a guy?
thirteen - merlot
fourteen - escape
fifteen - blood
sixteen - clueless
seventeen - soul
eighteen - empathy
nineteen - dare
twenty - ivory
twenty one - saturn
twenty two - skin
twenty three - night
twenty four - retrograde «smut»
twenty five - rain
twenty six - tarot
twenty seven - ear muffs
twenty eight - guardian
twenty nine - ripped jeans
thirty - confused
thirty one - remembered
thirty two - press # for...
thirty three - years
thirty four - spotlight
thirty five - take my hands
thirty six - hurry
thirty seven - burn
thirty eight - protection
thirty nine - unable
forty - i trust you.
final note

three - crescit eundo

491 20 11
By wonwowzers

as i sat on the couch, sumo's head resting on my lap, the front door opened, and mr. anderson walked through the door.

i looked up from sumo, "good evening, mr. anderson. how was the investigation? it must've been going on for a while as it is 1:30."

he looked at me, surprised in his own way, "how did you - ?"

"i had watched the news and saw the investigation about the most recent deviant victim. you'd think cyberlife would know what is going on, considering it is their own software."

mr. anderson made shifting glances around the room, "right... well," he shut the front door and sat on the other end of sumo, "um, i thought it would be good for you to stay here a little longer. the rain... the rain isn't supposed to stop for a while."

i smiled, "thank you." looking between the floor and the coffee table, i looked at mr. anderson, "how did everything go?"

"couldn't get anything out of it until that fuckin' cyberlife android talked to him."

"i see." i nodded, "maybe androids are good for talking to deviants."

mr. anderson cleared his throat, "yea, maybe." he turned on the television, "so, where are you from?"

"oh... i'm... i'm from... chicago." i lied, "i moved here to detroit because... because my family kicked me out... they said that i had to learn how to live on my own. and detroit is the android capital, so..." i shrugged, "i just decided to come here. i moved into the west side of detroit, but i got evicted last week."

"so, you're homeless."

"pretty much." i laughed, "but, i'm hoping i can find a job and pay you compensation for letting me stay with you."

mr. anderson shook his head, "no, it's okay. i don't mind."

"are you sure?"

"yea, i'm sure. it's nice to have someone around, especially when all i have for company here is sumo." sumo lifted his head as mr. anderson said his name, and he rubbed sumo's head, "so, since you know my name, what's yours?"

"a... ajax," i paused, the data filling my vision, "like, the javascript programming."

"all the way from 2005?"

"yup, that's the one." i nodded, "so, you're the lieutenant of the detroit police department?"

"have been for a long time now." he nodded, "eventually i'm gonna lose my job to those... fucking androids."

"hm," i looked away, "have you found out anything about that deviant in west detroit?"

mr. anderson looked at me, furrowing his brows.

"it... it kinda hits home for me there, considering where the crime happened... i lived down the block from."

he shook his head, "no, we haven't found anything yet."

"i see."

"well, we best get to bed. it's late. i'm sure everything will clear up in the morning." mr. anderson said, standing up and turning off the television.

"goodnight, mr. anderson. thank you again."

"please, call me hank." he nodded to me, and walked into his bedroom, shutting the door softly.

i walked into the room i had occupied for the time being, and laid my back on the bed, waiting for the sun to rise over the horizon.

stepping out of the room, i stumbled my way into the kitchen. looking over the cupboards, refrigerator and shelves, i grabbed whatever i saw to make a nice and enjoyable breakfast.

as i let the food cook, i crouched down, grabbing sumo's bowls and filled it with water and food. as soon as i set the bowl down, sumo immediately walked to the bowl and ate. i patted his head and returned to the food.

i easily flipped the pancake i had made and waited for it to finish cooking. as soon as it finished, i transferred the food to the plate beside the pan. as i let it cool off, i headed to the room mr. anderson resided in.

i knocked lightly on the door, "mr. anderson, i've made you some breakfast so you can start your day." he grumbled in his sleep, turning his back to me, "mr. anderson."

he reluctantly opened his eyes and sat up, "what'd you make?"

"pancakes. blueberry."

he pulled his cover off, and walked out of the bedroom. he pulled out the chair from the table and i placed the pancakes neatly in front of him. he grabbed the fork and knife and ate the pancakes, "these are really good. wow."

"thank you, mr. anderson." i nodded to him, cleaning the mess i made, "i've also noticed that you haven't a lot of food. if you would like, i can go shopping and get some for you."

hank nodded, "please. i've been meaning to do that."

"very well." i looked at the clock on the wall, "shouldn't you be heading to work? it's noon."

"i'll get there when i get there." he mumbled, stuffing his face with the pancakes, "when you go shopping, make sure to get some scotch. or better yet, get any kind of alcohol."

i quickly made the mental note, the list seeming to go on and on, and i nodded, "of course."

"okay. i better get to work." he wiped his hands and face, "thank you very much for the breakfast, ajax."

"of course, mr. anderson. be safe, today." i waved to him, cleaning off the plate along with the other tools i used. the front door shut and i placed the final dish into the drying rack. i walked to the room and changed out of my clothing into another pair. grabbing my bag, i pulled it on. before i could walk out of the front door, i took a glance at sumo. he laid on the floor, his eyes big, "sumo, would you like to join me?"

he gave a sigh, and sat up. rubbing his head, i connected the dog leash to his collar, and grabbed a few plastic bags from underneath the kitchen sink. i opened the front door and walked down the street, sumo following behind.

when i stopped outside the shop, i crouched beside sumo, tying him to a pole, "i'll be back sumo. be sure to protect yourself, okay?" i walked into the store, immediately going through the shopping list i made. i even added some personal item to the list as well, including under clothing and different kinds of stuff for sumo.

paying for everything, i grabbed the bags and walked out of the store, grabbing sumo's leash and walking back to the house. however, just before i made it past all the cars and shopping centers, a body fell onto a car right in front of my eyes.

analyzing him, i noticed he was an android, and his system was contaminated with very serious malfunctions, and here he was now, on the top of a car, his plastic parts falling off into the street and sidewalk. people from all around me shouted, and gasped in fear.

sumo and i only continued to stumble off back to the house. opening the door, i set the bags down onto the table and unhooked the leash from sumo's collar. i gave him a pet, "that gave you a fright, didn't it? to see a body like that. it's okay, sumo. i'm not going anywhere." i smiled, and he gently licked my face. i rubbed his head again, and passed him his bone that i bought.

placing everything in their designated places, i folded some of the plastic bags underneath the sink, putting away the plates i had used earlier.

(a/n: i'm sorry this one is so boring akska i know it doesn't have much plot right now but i wrote this on pure sleep deprivation while i was in oregon. i wanted to write it before anyone wrote it before :) thank you for reading btw :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 8.8K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
724 54 13
☆°~Blue Blooded~°☆ ☆°~Connor X Reader~°▪︎ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) Grey is a detective, a rookie in Hank's eyes but a detective never the less. The two detectives...
13.2K 512 15
Connor x reader In a time where androids is a big part of your everyday life and CyperLife is ruling the industry, you try to work against them in yo...
22.9K 1K 21
"𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭, 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭." (detroit: become human) (kara x female oc) (pre-written and lowercase intended!) #1 in kara: 5.4.20