The Kindness of Shadows (Damo...

By alliecat_95

Allison, Elena's best friend use to be this cheery, upbeat, bubbly girl, the girl that everyone wanted to be... More

Allison
Cast
Prologue
1. Pilot
2. The Night of the Comet
3. Friday Night Bites (Part 1)
Author's Note
4. Friday Night Bites (Part 2)
5. Family Ties (Part 1)
6. Family Ties (Part 2)
7. You're Undead to Me
8. Lost Girls
10. 162 Candles
11. History Repeating
12. The Turning Point
13. Bloodlines
14. Unpleasantville
Authors Note:
15. Children of the Damned
16. Fool Me Once
17. A Few Good Men
18. There Goes the Neighborhood
19. Let the Right One In
20. Under Control
21. Miss Mystic Falls
22. Blood Brothers
23. Isobel
24. Founder's Day
Authors Note: (Please read)

9. Haunted

7.8K 145 32
By alliecat_95

Dream

Allison gasped. Her eyes flew open and they darted around frantically. Her eyes scanned the area and she saw that she was in some sort of woods. The trees towered above her and they looked as if they went on forever. The ground was covered in dirt, twigs, and the occasional bush. It was night time and a light wind blew across her face causing a shiver to run through her body.

She felt something brush against her legs and realized it was the hem of a dress. No wonder she was so cold. The dress was light blue and the sleeves went to her elbows. It went down passed her knees to just above her ankles. She also noticed she wasn't wearing any shoes. Allison rubbed her arms to create some form of warmth and began to walk forward. She was unsure where she was going let alone where she was, but she continued to stumble across the floor.

As she continued to walk she began to hear talking, or maybe arguing? She couldn't make out what they were saying, only that they were men. She got close enough to hear what they were saying. "You must calm down." One of the men said. She noticed that their accents were English. "No." The other one growled, "How could she do this to me?" A sigh was heard as he tried to reason with the other man, "We will figure this out. Let me handle it."

She heard a cracking sound and hid behind a tree. She was close enough to see them now. Though they had their back turned to her, She could see what they were wearing slightly in the dark; some kind of breaches or trousers, a puffy shirt, and boots. There wasn't much else she could make out and the other man was completely hidden in the shadows of the trees. Allison then heard someone else approaching; the person came into view and she saw that it was a girl. Allie couldn't see her very well in the darkness either.

"H-hello?" The girl sniffled. "I did not know that anybody else was here." It was obvious that the girl had been crying. A laugh escaped from one of the men, "well, then that is rather unfortunate for you." Allison heard a blood curdling scream from the girl, and then a sound of someone drinking rang in her ears and she shuddered hiding further behind the trees with wide eyes.

The body of the girl fell to the floor with a thud and the moonlight acted as perfect light. She gasped and quickly clamped her hand over her mouth. The girl's eyes were wide open in fear, her mouth slightly agape holding in a scream, and her neck was covered in blood. 

Allison had jolted awake after that and didn't go back to sleep. That was two hours ago and now she was currently sitting on her window seat with the window open looking outside. It was clear that the men in her dream were vampires, but what were they talking about? A girl had betrayed them? It didn't seem like a dream, It felt so real as if she was actually observing it. 

Groaning, she rested her head against the wall. Thinking about it was giving her a headache. She started thinking about Vicki and hoped that Stefan found her soon. While she was thinking this her phone began to buzz, telling her that someone was calling her. She got up and looked at her phone on her bedside table and saw that it was Elena. Allison immediately answered it, "Hey Elena, what's up?" "Hey, sorry to wake you, I just wanted to let you know that Stefan's found Vicki." She informed her friend. There was relief in her voice.

Allison sighed, "it's cool, I was already awake anyway. Where is she now?" "At Stefan's. He's gonna keep her there until she learns to control herself." Elena replied. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea." "Do you mind coming with me to Stefan's later?" Elena asked. "Yeah, sure." She answered, "I'll see you." She hung up before Elena could say another word. There was just one problem; she needed to get her necklace back. It was still sitting in her locker from a few days ago and with Damon lurking around somewhere, and now Vicki. She needed that necklace. 

She looked down at her phone and checked the time; 4:20am. Well, she could just go and get her necklace now. What harm would it do? If she got caught she'd have more to add to her criminal record for breaking and entering. Oh, well it didn't matter to her, she just didn't want to get caught because that's what happened to Shane. He'd gotten caught before and now he's in juvie. That was a while ago. Her other friends Sarah, James, and Chance had all moved away and they never spoke again.

She decided that she wasn't going to let any of that stop her. She got up quickly and got changed into something light and dark so that nobody would be able to notice her. After she changed she went out of her room, quietly closed her door and crept down the stairs, grabbing her keys for her car and walking out of the house making sure not to slam the door. Jogging over to her car hastily she turned the key and cringed slightly as the engine came on. She sighed in relief when she looked towards her father's window and didn't see the lights turn on. Driving off to the school she continued to tell herself that this was for her own protection.

She arrived at the school, but parked a few yards away from it. Getting out of her car and looking around she cautiously scurried to the school. Knowing that going through the front would be a stupid idea she ran to the back entrance. Allison grabbed the handle and shook it twice. 'Duh Allison, of course it's locked.' she told herself. Grabbing a bobby pin from her hair she began to jiggle it in the keyhole and listen carefully for the click. Once it clicked in place she slowly pushed the door open and stuck her head in looking down the corridors to see if anyone was around. Walking in she headed down the hallway towards her locker.

Allison heard a whoosh and she whirled around, her eyes darting around the room. Maybe it was the wind, she told herself. After all the door was still open. Shaking her head she turned around and quickly got to her locker. With shaking hands she managed to put her locker combination in and swing her locker open. It banged loudly against the other lockers so she shoved her head into her locker, as if that would hide her. Allison didn't hear anything and opened her eyes. Among the bits of paper and photos was her necklace. Grabbing and hastily putting it on she shut her locker and turned to leave. Allison let out a scream and staggered back into the lockers at who was standing behind her. 

He smirked at her and folded his arms over his chest as he leaned against the lockers. Allison's hand flew to her chest, trying to slow her hammering heart. After she calmed down a bit she glared at him, "you scared me. What the heck are you doing here?" She hissed. He raised an eyebrow, "I could ask you the same question, but I'm assuming it's got to do with that little necklace." He said pointing to her necklace. He rolled his eyes as her hand flew to it and her fingers encircled around it.

Sighing and glaring at him she said, "you followed me." It wasn't a question, but a statement. Damon didn't like how she knew this straight away, but kept his cool and shrugged his shoulders. "I was wandering around when I saw you run to the school. I was curious, that's all." He told her. "Humph." Was Allison's response. "Well, I'll be leaving now." She said as she began to side step around him, but he stopped her by blocking her path. "What?" Allie spat out.

Damon chuckled, "I just find this whole situation amusing. Alliecat The Master Criminal. Gotta say I never saw it coming." Allison scoffed, "yeah, why's that?" Damon looked her up and down and began, "well-" Allison held her hand up silencing him, "you know what? Don't answer that? Are you jealous because you never did anything like this before when you were human?" She taunted smirking at him. Damon snorted, "and how would you know?" Why was she always trying to better him? Allison laughed lightly, "by the way you're being so defensive, you probably didn't." Damon got right into her face, forcing her to back up against the lockers again and whispered in her ear, "nope, but I've killed people." He smirked.

Allison scowled and pushed him away from her. "Okay I'm-" a bang caused her to halt her sentence and she looked at Damon who looked at her. A whoosh of air caused Allison's heart to race. Damon walked forward and looked around, another whoosh. Damon knew then what it was; a vampire. He turned to Allison and grabbed her arm pulling her towards the janitor's closet. He quickly broke the lock and pushed the door open and walked inside dragging Allison with him. "What is it?" Allison whispered. 

"Shhh!" Damon insisted and clamped his hand over her mouth as he listened carefully for the other vampire. Allison eyes darted from him to the door when she saw a figure behind the blurred glass. Damon pressed her against the left wall quickly. Allison couldn't make out who it was, just that they had a hoodie and the hood was over there head covering their face. Her eyes went back to Damon's and he turned back looking down at her. 

He stared at her for a moment; her eyes really were an amazing brown. A stunning color in fact, eyes that people could get lost in, especially men. Allison stared directly into his eyes too. Such a gorgeous color blue, she didn't know anybody with such beautiful blue eyes.   

What the hell was Damon thinking? A vampire was here right now and he was thinking about her eyes. Okay, so they were pretty, but they were nothing compared to Katherine's. He snapped out of it and looked to see that the vampire had vanished; at this Damon took a few steps back and looked anywhere but at her. Allison did the same. deciding to break the tension she asked, "Who or what was that?" Damon shrugged, "I don't know who it was, but it was a vampire." He told her. Allison's eyes widened and she looked back to the door, "What would it be doing here?"
Damon shrugged again, "We should probably go." Allison nodded in agreement and they both left the Janitor's closet, and the school keeping their eyes open for the mystery vampire.

He walked her back to her car and she turned to him and said warily, "um, thank you." Damon smirked, "couldn't let you die now could I? You're the only interesting person in this town." Allison nodded and decided to play along, "yeah, I know right. Everybody else is such a bore here." He laughed at this, "true. You should go, don't want to have to save you again do I?" Rolling her eyes she got into her car and when she looked back he was gone. Allison sighed as she turned the key and drove off. What had she gotten herself into? 

Allison got home around 4:57am and was unbelievably tired. When she'd gotten home she went straight to bed and fell asleep in an instant. She was woken up by her face making direct contact with the floor. Ouch! It took her a second to realize that only her face, arms and torso had managed to fall off the bed and her rear end was still lying lopsided on the bed. Lifting her face off the ground she looked around her bedroom and moved forward, dragging her legs off her bed and she just laid there on the floor for a moment.

The piece and quiet was nice; the only sound being the clock that was above her bed. That was ruined though when her phone started to ring. Groaning loudly she hoisted herself off the floor and stumbled to her phone. Picking it up and looking at the caller ID it read unknown. sighing she answered it. "What?" A little bit harshly. A loud laugh was heard and immediately Allison knew who it was. "Whoa there, Alliecat. Looks like someone didn't get their beauty sleep last night." He teased.

Rolling her eyes she answered, "well, you would know why." He laughed again and said, "What'cha up to?" Confused as to where this conversation was going she said warily, "nothing really, just fell down off my bed. How did you get my number?" He didn't answer her for a second, "Stefan gave it to me." Was his response. Shaking her head, "yeah, and why would Stefan do that?" She questioned. "Because he's Saint Stefan." He joked. Laughing lightly, "yeah, that doesn't answer my question." Allison told him. "Does it matter?" Damon whined, "oh, look I gotta go now, bye." He said as he hung up. Allison stared at her phone. "Okay that was the weirdest conversation I ever had on a phone."

Allison had picked Elena up and they were currently driving to the Salvatore Boarding House. Elena had been giving her weird looks ever since they had gotten into the car. Elena had noticed that Allison looked at her then back at the road. "Um, what are you looking at?" She said. Elena moved slightly in her seat at her tone, "it just looks like you haven't slept, I mean, I didn't get much sleep either, but you look like you haven't slept in days. Are you okay?" worry laced her voice.

Allison sighed, "Don't get mad, okay?" Elena nodded, "I went to school last night and-" "you went to the school last night? What for?" Elena interrupted. "Well if you just let me explain then you'll know." She told her. "I left my necklace in my locker the day we had the car wash. It's got vervain in it and well you know the rest." Elena's mouth opened slightly in shock at the fact that Allison broke into the school to get her vervain filled necklace. "Wait, the necklace that your mom gave you for your birthday has vervain in it?"

Allison nodded keeping her eyes on the road. "Yeah. When I found out about vampires I got some vervain from our cellar and put it in the necklace. That means that my father knows about vampires, so the rest of the council must know as well." Allison concluded. Elena raised her eyebrows at her, "you think so?" Allison looked at her with a duh expression. "C'mon Elena, think about it. They must know or they wouldn't try and cover it up with mountain lions and animal attacks. They say all that stuff so that it doesn't scare everyone." She said as she parked in front of the Boarding house.

"Let's get this thing on the road." Allison sighed as she got out of her car and walked towards the front door with Elena tagging along behind her. Allison gestured for Elena to ring the doorbell and waited a few seconds before the door opened. Allison expected it to be Stefan to answer the door, but instead it was Damon. Damon smirked at them both not saying a word. Elena broke the silence, "Is Stefan here?" Her voice sounded shaky. "Yep." Damon replied. 

"Where is he?" Elena asked. Ignoring her question he said, "and good morning to you, little miss I'm-on-a-mission. Hey, there Alliecat. Have a good night last night?" His eyes were on her now and he looked her up and down, his lopsided grin growing as her eyes hardened and she just glared at him. "Shut up and stop staring at me. Let us in." She spat at him. Elena butted in then. "How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything you've done?" Damon turned his eyes to Elena, "and how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?"

Allison groaned, "seriously, shut up. I'm about to hit you, just let us passed." She insisted, but they both ignored her and continued to argue. "If you wanted me dead I'd be dead." Elena snarled. "Yes you would." Damon agreed. "But I'm not." Elena stated. "Yet." Damon finalized.

Elena sucked in a breath at this, frightened that he would hurt her until Allison spoke. "Oh, please. Just get out of the way Damon." Elena watched in amazement as she pushed Damon out of her way. He turned around and grabbed her arm before she could go any further. "Get off me!" Allison yelled. Damon glared down at her, "I wouldn't try that again kitten." Allison snorted and pulled her arm out of his grasp, but he only grabbed her other arm. She hit his hand away from her and this continued for a while as they argued.

Elena watched the scene with confusion. It didn't seem like they hated each other. Elena noticed that they were a lot alike in the way that they acted. They were both slightly egotistical, they both caused trouble (mainly for themselves) and they both were sarcastic beyond belief. If they were friends she knew that they would constantly say sarcastic comments and stupid jokes. Definitely a friendship that would drive Elena and anyone else crazy. She really hoped that Allison hated him as much as she said she did.

Elena stopped the arguing by asking in a braver voice, "where is Stefan?" Damon and Allison stopped their arguing and turned back to Elena who was still standing outside. "He's upstairs singing 'The Rain in Spain'. Knock yourself out." He said turning to Allison as Elena walked passed them and into the living room, "wanna come with? It's boring in this house with Saint Stefan and Teen Drama upstairs." Damon said.

Allison shook her head, "no thanks. I'm gonna help with Vicki." Damon leaned against the door frame, "Why? She slept with your boyfriend." Allison looked away from him and said, "it doesn't matter, I'm still gonna help her." Damon didn't understand that. If it were him in her situation he'd stake her himself. After all she did take her boyfriend; she deserved it in Damon's eyes. Damon shrugged and walked out of the house as Allison closed the door. 

Allison went into the living room but didn't see anyone. She continued to walk when she saw Stefan walking towards her. "Hey Stefan." Allison greeted. Stefan smiled at her, "hey, how are you?" He asked. Elena told him that she had gone to the school last night to get her necklace. He also noticed how tired she was. She had dark rings under her eyes and pale skin. Worry came over him; had Damon been bothering her, Elena had warned him about that too. Allison smiled lightly at him, "yeah, I'm good thanks. You?" Stefan nodded at her stating that he was good. "Elena told me about your necklace, that you put vervain in it. Smart move, I'm glad you got it back." He told her, "it'll protect you against compulsion."

Allison frowned. Elena told him? Why? "Um, yeah. I went through a lot to get it so it better be worth it." She told him with a laugh. Stefan's brows came together as they both began walking to the basement where he kept some animal blood that he got for Vicki. He knew that she had broken into the school, but what else could have happened. "What do you mean? Did something happen?" Stefan asked with worry.

Allison scratched the back of her neck and looked away from him. She didn't know whether she should tell him about the mystery vampire at the school last night. Maybe he could get rid of it. "I, um, well there was a vampire there last night." She stuttered. Stefan almost dropped the bottle of animal blood. "What? It's Damon, it has to be." He insisted. Anger dripping in his tone. Damon seriously needed to leave Allison alone. Allison grabbed his arm and said urgently, "no Stefan. It wasn't him."

Stefan looked at her in confusion, "who else could it have been, Allison. It had to be him?" He told her. Allison sighed, "no, I mean I know it wasn't him." She said knowing that she was gonna regret this. Now Stefan was seriously getting confused, "I don't understand. How do you know it wasn't him?" Allison looked away and mumbled, "because he was with me." Stefan stopped immediately and turned so that he was fully facing her, "Allison you don't want to get involved with Damon like that-" "Eww no! No, no, no! Not like that. I mean like he followed me to the school." She shuddered. Why would she do anything sexual with Damon? "He followed you?" Stefan asked like he couldn't quite believe it.

Allison nodded and he looked into her eyes and saw that she was telling the truth. "He followed you and then what?" He asked. "Basically Damon protected me from the vampire." Stefan raised an eyebrow at her, "don't look at me like that. He did okay? He just did." Allison told him. Stefan groaned thinking about how there were more problems for him to deal with. He nodded though, if Damon protected Allison then maybe he was willing to be a little bit helpful in getting rid of this vampire.

Allison and Stefan walked back into the dining room to find Elena on her knees coughing and holding her throat. Vicki was nowhere in sight. They both rushed to her side and helped her up. Elena continued to rub her bruised neck and paced back and forth. "She threatened me." Elena hissed. "She's on edge." Stefan began, "imagine every sense in your body operating at super speed. I mean she's uncomfortable in her own skin. When you throw in her other issues-" 

Elena stood in front of him and stopped him. "How long before it settles? Hours? Days? Weeks?" Questions were flying out of Elena's mouth. Allison was leaning on the wall and mumbled, "well, I guess there's no 'How To Be A Vampire' handbook." Elena turned to Allison and glared, "this is no time to be funny, Allison." Elena growled as Allison threw her hands up in surrender. Elena just turned back to Stefan, "how long before you learnt to control it?" She asked. "A while." Stefan admitted, "but I didn't have anybody helping me, I had to do it on my own. The thing is, it's hard to resist certain people, especially when you're new. It's difficult to separate your emotions; love, lust, anger, desire. It can all blur into one urge: hunger." Stefan explained to the two girls in front of him.

Allison rubbed her face, well, I'd be a crappy vampire, she thought to herself. "So that means we can't let her near Jeremy or Matt." Allie concluded. Stefan immediately agreed with her, "you're right, Jeremy can't see her. She might not be able to resist him and she could hurt him." "Or worse." Elena threw in. Stefan looked at her intently and insisted, "I'm not gonna let anyone get hurt." Elena sighed and said, "I need to get going." "Elena." Stefan tried to stop her. Elena looked back at him, "please, Stefan, there's only so much I can take. C'mon Allie." Allison nodded and patted Stefan on the shoulder and said, "see ya later." as she passed him and followed Elena to her car. They drove back in silence.

When she had gotten her and Elena home she saw that another car was in the driveway and she groaned. Why are they here? This could not be happening? She thought. Elena had asked if she wanted to stay at hers, but Allison said that she'd have to face them sooner or later and it may as well be sooner. Allison breathed outwards as she entered the house and they were all sitting on the couch drinking tea. On the far right was Bryan and Jessica; the annoying twins, and her cousins that drove her crazy, next was her Uncle Nick, Bryan and Jessica's dad. He was a very quiet person and it annoyed Allison to no end because he literally wouldn't say anything. Finally there was her Aunt Meghan. Allison hated this woman with a passion. She always found a way to get under Allison's skin and her father never did anything to stop her.

They all turned when she entered, "Hello Allison." Meghan said. "Hi." Allison replied, "What are you guys doing here?" Meghan laughed, "well, what's wrong with visiting family. Or at least one member." Meghan sneered. Allison glared. This is exactly why she hated this woman. "Maybe you shouldn't have, it's not like we'd really miss you." She saw her father get up and go to the kitchen and Meghan hissed, "look at what you did." as she got up and followed him. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and took it out. It was from Elena and it read, 'Halloween party, u in? - Elena' 'Yeah I'm in. I'll head over in a bit. - Allison' 

She headed up the stairs not saying another word to her family and went to her room. She opened her closet and looked through her clothes trying to find an old Halloween costume when she came across her Pirate Costume from last year. She pulled on her brown and red corset dress with ruffles and put on a pair of shorts. She grabbed a pair of knee high black boots and put them on as she headed down the stairs. She noticed all of them were back in the living room chatting and they didn't seem to notice her. Allison quickly got an idea; since she had a run in with a vampire last night she decided to come prepared. Quietly she walked into the kitchen grabbed the cellar keys and walked out the back door towards the wine cellar.

Unlocking it quickly and as quietly as she could she hastily climbed in and stumbled to where the locked box was. She found the box and opened it grabbing for the stake and hissed in pain. The point of the stake had cut her hand. Ignoring the pain she grabbed the stake and shoved it in her shoe. She quickly walked out of the cellar locking it back up and walked back into the house hanging the keys back up. She grabbed a napkin and wiped the blood from her hand then walked out of the house as fast as she could and headed towards Elena's. Just as she arrived and was about to knock on Elena's door Jeremy and Elena walked out. Elena was wearing last years costume as well and Jeremy was wearing a black hoodie.

"Hey, we were wondering where you were. Trouble with your aunt?" Elena asked, sympathy clear in her voice. Allison waved her hand in a dismissive manner, "nah, I ignore her like always. C'mon." and they walked to Elena's car. As they got into Elena's car Allison looked back at Jeremy. "Hey Jer. How's it going?" She asked. He only grunted in response. "I hear ya." Allison hollered as Elena drove off to school.

The booming music blasted through out the school grounds and teenage girls screamed and giggled as they ran around. Allison grimaced at them as they ran passed; they were dressed in fairy, bunny and witch costumes. Elena grabbed Allison and Jeremy's arms and began to drag them to go inside when a group of kids walked past them and Jeremy and Allison screamed in their faces scaring the crap out of them. Allison and Jeremy high-fived one another and laughed. Elena whacked the both of them on the arms and went back to dragging them into the school.

As they walked inside they spotted Matt, smiled at him and he walked towards them. "You went with last years costume too." Matt stated holding a fake foot. "Yeah, I didn't know that I was coming until an hour ago." Elena said over the blaring music. "Me neither." He agreed. Matt looked at Allison and saw that she went with last years costume as well. "You also went with last years costume. A pirate, really?" He joked. Allison pretended to look offended. "Hey! I love pirates, besides I love that one movie called 'Pirates of the Caribbean' with Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. He's so funny in that movie." 

Matt looked towards Jeremy and asked, "and you're going as you?" Jeremy only gave him a cold stare before he walked away from the three of them. Elena and Allison sighed, "He's not talking to me right now. We got into a fight." Elena told him. Matt nodded in understanding, "yeah, I got into it with Vick too when she got home." Allison's head snapped up to look at him, "wait what? Vicki went home?" Allison questioned worriedly. 

Matt gave her an odd look and nodded, "yeah. I'm trying not to smother her tonight, but part of me doesn't want to let her out of my sight." "She's here?" Elena interrupted. Please don't be true Allison begged to herself. Matt was confused now as he looked between the two girls in front of him. "Yeah. You can't miss her. She's a vampire." He told them both. Oh of course, what a coincidence, Allison thought sarcastically. Elena began to breath heavily, "where did Jeremy go?" She rasped. "Guys, what's the matter?" Matt asked. 

Allison and Elena began to walk away from him, "I gotta find him." Elena said and they both walked off. Allison and Elena began searching for Jeremy, although it was a bit hard to do considering it was dark and the lights were constantly flashing. "He must be looking for Vicki." Allison told Elena. Elena nodded and her heart rate picked up increasingly. What if Vicki hurt Jeremy? Or worse?

Allie noticed her friends distress and grabbed her shoulders forcing her to look at her. "Hey, we're gonna find him, okay Elena? Look, I'll go this way and you go that way." She instructed. Allison turned around and began searching for either Jeremy or Vicki, preferably Jeremy. Allison saw Vicki then. She was looking around and seemed confused, but Allison knew that it was because she was surrounded by so many people. She wouldn't be able to control her blood lust for long.

She walked out from the shadows and without Vicki noticing, grabbed her arm and pulled her into the darkest part of the room. Allison was surprised that she managed to sneak up on Vicki let alone pull her. She thought vampires were stronger than that. When the two girls were in darkness Vicki yanked her arm out of Allison's grasp and glared at her. Vicki hated this girl. Tyler always loved her, always. All he did was talk about her and hardly anything else. Tyler never said he loved her or gave her gifts. Anger boiled inside Vicki.

Allison began to talk to her not noticing Vicki's fangs. "Listen, Vicki I think that-" She didn't get to finish her sentence as Vicki pressed her against the wall by her throat. Allison gasped as she saw Vicki's eyes turn crimson red and veins spread under her eyes. "Vicki, let me go!" Allison yelled. She didn't listen as she yelled in Allison's face, "you ruined everything between me and Tyler! Everything!" Thinking fast, Allison kicked Vicki in the stomach hard. She stumbled back and when Allison looked up she saw Stefan standing behind Vicki. He nodded to Allison and then quickly grabbed Vicki and took her into a classroom. Allison decided to wait. 

Allison was leaning against the wall next to the door of the classroom while rubbing her neck. She was sure there was gonna be a bruise there. Groaning at this, she grabbed her phone from her pocket and used the light that was shining from inside the classroom that Vicki and Stefan were in to reflect off the screen. Allison looked at her neck and saw finger marks where Vicki's fingers had been. "Great, just fantastic. What I need are some bruises." She said sarcastically. Allison stared at them for a moment, trying to think of a way to cover them up, but sighed and left it alone for now.

A few minutes later Stefan and Vicki exited the classroom. Stefan had a hold of Vicki's arm as the three of them began walking. Stefan looked at Allison from the corner of his eye and saw her bruised neck. He tightened his grip on Vicki for that and she hissed at him. "Are you okay Allison?" He asked Allison. Looking at him slightly she nodded, "seen better days, thanks. How you holding up?" "I've been better." He agreed with her. As they rounded the corner to the entrance they saw Elena. Elena breathed a sigh of relief, "thank god." "What's the matter?" Stefan asked. "I lost track of Jeremy. I was worried." Elena explained.

Allison moved to stand next to Elena and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. Matt walked over to them, "What's going on?" He asked the four of them. "Hey, everything's fine." Stefan told him. Vicki looked at all of them before she pushed Stefan away from her, "I told you to quit bothering me." She snapped. Allison groaned, this girl was annoying her, "don't play that card, Vicki." "Shut up!" Vicki hissed at her. She turned to Matt, "Matt, he won't leave me alone." Matt stood in front of his sister slightly, "you need to back off man." He warned Stefan.

Elena put her hand on Matt's shoulder and tried to reason with him, "no Matt, it's okay." He pushed her hand off his shoulder, "no, it's not okay. What the hell is your problem man?" Allison saw that Vicki was gone, "um guys, she's done a disappearing act." Elena and Allison immediately ran out the way Vicki may have gone and started searching for her again. Allison and Elena had managed to get separated among all the people and flashing lights. She walked outside and her eyes had to adjust to the natural darkness. Looking around, she saw no sign of Vicki or Jeremy. She began to jog onto the field and looked around some more. Suddenly Bonnie came racing passed her. "Bonnie." Allison called, but she didn't stop. She was just going to ask if she'd seen Vicki or Jeremy. Walking again she looked behind her every now and then and found the source that may have caused Bonnie to flee.

She ran towards him "hey, have you seen Vicki or Jeremy? Or both of them together? You know what that doesn't matter, just, have you seen either one?" Allison rushed out in one sentence. Damon looked up from his burning hand and answered simply, "no." She stared at him for a moment before huffing, "well, you're no help." She turned to leave and continue her search when he grabbed her hand. Allison hissed in pain as he grabbed the hand that she cut on the stake earlier. Damon flipped her hand around so that her palm was facing upwards and saw a scar running across it. It didn't look new though as it seemed to have formed a scab over the top.

Allison's brows came together in confusion. She only hurt herself about a half hour ago and already it had begun to heal over. "How's that possible?" She whispered to herself. Damon looked up at her and asked, "How's what possible?" Allison looked back at him and mumbled, "nothing. I gotta go." She whirled around, pulled her hand out of his and ran off. She didn't have time to worry about her weird cut right now; she needed to concentrate on finding Vicki with Jeremy. 

Allison heard the screaming then and quickly ran to the source. Elena was lying among broken wood and was bleeding. She looked to her left and saw Vicki hiss and stalk towards her friend. "Vicki no." Allison yelled. Grabbing the stake from her boot she stood in front of her friend protectively. Vicki growled at her and showed her fangs and Allison made a move to punch her, but Vicki caught it. She quickly brought her other arm around and stabbed Vicki in the side with the stake. Vicki screamed in pain and shoved Allison away as she stumbled to the floor.

Vicki pulled the stake out and threw it to the floor. Allison and Elena stood side by side as Vicki looked in their direction and hissed. She went to pounce on them when Stefan came and threw her against one of the school busses. He held her against it for a moment before she shoved him away and vanished. They all stood around looking for Vicki. Stefan turned to them and commanded, "go. Get inside." 

Elena nodded and grabbed Jeremy's arm and Allison followed after them as they ran to the back entrance. Elena opened the door and was about to enter when Vicki shoved Allison and Jeremy out of the way pulling Elena to her and biting into her shoulder. Allison acted fast and ran back to Elena and Vicki and pulled her away from Elena. Again she noted that she'd managed to pull a vampire away. Vicki turned to her and was about to bite into her neck when she gasped. Confused as to why Vicki hadn't attacked her she looked to Elena and saw her mouth agape with tears in her eyes. She looked back to Vicki to see a piece of wood protruding from her chest.

Stefan pulled it out and Vicki looked to Jeremy. All Allison could hear was him screaming and sobbing her name. Her skin began to grey and veins appeared all over her, then she crumpled to the floor. Jeremy made a move to run towards her but Stefan stopped him. Allison and Elena stood next to Vicki's dead body staring as she felt herself shake. She didn't like Vicki, but she didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve to be a vampire or die like this. No one did.

She vaguely heard Elena tell Stefan to get Jeremy out of here, and heard her and Damon arguing and wondered when he arrived, but didn't really pay much attention to anything else. "Allison!" Elena yelled, "are you okay? We should go, come on." "uh-uh, Alliecat you're staying with me." Damon's voice instructed. Allison didn't argue. She just nodded. Elena insisted that she stay, but Allison said in a monotone voice, "I'll stay, you need to go." Elena left after that leaving Damon and Allison alone with Vicki's body.

Damon looked at her. She hadn't said anything since he arrived. Not a word. Breaking the silence Damon said, "c'mon, let's get going." Sighing Allison finally got off the ground, "where?" "To the woods to bury her." He told her. Nodding she followed Damon as he lifted Vicki's corpse. "I'll take you there while I go back and get a shovel. Won't take me long." He explained. "Good." Was Allison's only response. Damon was getting a little bit annoyed with this. She always had so much to say.

They walked on in silence. Allison didn't have it in her to insult and tell him what he'd done wrong. What would be the point? He wouldn't care. He didn't care when he turned Vicki into a vampire and he didn't care when he drank from them both. There was nothing good about him. He was only a monster who reveled in other people's pain. Strangely though, Allison felt disappointment more than anything else. She didn't understand why she felt this way, maybe it was because he protected her yesterday and this had given her hope that he was a good person deep down.

Damon chose a spot not to far away from the river and he vanished in an instant. Allison sat on the ground beside Vicki's corpse and closed her eyes listening to the rushing water. It calmed her some. She opened her eyes as she sensed someone in front of her and watched as Damon dug a hollow grave. The only sound around them was rushing water, the odd hoot of an owl here and there and the wind blowing through the branches of the trees. Damon placed Vicki's body in the hole and began to fill it back up. Allison breathed in as she tilted her head upwards slightly, feeling the cold October wind blow across her face.

"Okay, I can't take this silence. Say something." Damon insisted breaking the silence. Allison didn't look at him as she answered, "what do you want me to say Damon? It doesn't matter what I say because you won't care anyway." "So you're upset about this whole situation. Okay, fair enough, but that doesn't mean you have to start giving me the silent treatment." Damon said.

Damon couldn't help but step back slightly at her cold gaze when she looked up at him. Those brown eyes that Damon had liked so much, were staring at him with such cold hatred. Wait no, that wasn't hatred, that was disappointment? Yes, definitely disappointment. She was disappointed in him. As she began to speak the emotion was seeping back into her voice, "yes, you do. You caused this and you don't care. Maybe, if you did a nice thing every now and then, then people wouldn't give you the silent treatment." She told him as she got up and began to walk off leaving Damon there. He looked her way and watched her retreating form. Disappointment is what she felt and he didn't like it, for a reason he did not know. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 8K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...
748 44 39
A new girl in Mystic Falls, who happens to be Elena's sister. But what happens when she discovers her sister cheating on her boyfriend, if you guesse...
450 4 28
KJ had unhealthy habits. She distanced herself once she got obsessed with something and it lead to a down spiral. She tried to kill herself and her d...