Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 50: The Riddle

1.4K 78 83
By Battle_Penguin54

"W-what are you doing?!"

"Calm down, Sans."

"Let go of me!!"

"Careful boys. He's a fragile one."

"Asgore! What's the meaning of this?!"

"This, Sans. It's really your fault for not digesting water."

"I'm a skeleton! I choose what to digest and what not to! Either way I'm okay! What is the meaning of this?"

"You really don't understand, do you?"

"I-is that a FMN flower?! Are you Crazy?! That'll remove most of my magic! It'll make it unstable!"

"You'll have to gain it all back then."

"I'll be hospitalized for weeks! I'll forget everything!"

"That's the point, Sans. We can't let you search for Frisk any longer. Don't bother asking anyone about her. As of now, she doesn't exist."

"Bastard! What if she comes back?! Your own daughter?!"

"Then I'll do something about that."

"What about Tori?! She LEFT to find her! I need to remember so I can check on her station!"

"Toriel can protect herself."
"Open wide."

"NO! STOp-"

"The Mafia is losing money. Get him to the hospital. He's going to be in critical for a while."
"Where's his brother? Search the apartment!"

Sans POV:

"Ah! Sans! Welcom-" The bunny at the desk began to say as she checked me into the system for going into the apartments.

"Heya." I said, trying to ignore the fact that I had an unconscious human in my arms at He moment. "I'll be going to my room." I said.

"You can't bring her in here! I let it slide once, but she isn't in the system. I told you that." The bunny crossed her arms, while her daughter peeped her eyes from behind the counter.

"Oh yeah?" I said with a smirk. "Why don't you check the system for Frisk?" I said, gesturing at her computer.

She only raised a brow and twirled in her chair, rolling over to the old-looking computer that she brought from the underground.

"F-R-I-S-K" I spelled, just to get cocky.

"What's her last name?" The bunny questioned, her stare still to the computer.

My breathing hitched slightly.
What is her last name? Has she ever told us?

"I'm not sure." I said, the truth coming out. "In fact, I don't think she has ever told us her last name. I'll ask her about it later." I said, thinking to myself. "Just search up her name. There's only one Frisk."

"That's why I need her last name." The lady said, slightly annoyed. "There are two in the system at the moment."

Two in the system? That's impossible. Unless Alphys did something to mess it up...

"Alphys probably accidentally put her in twice. Because there aren't two Frisks! This is the only Frisk I've heard of." I said, refuting her statement. "You can't delete people's name's from the system for security reasons. From what I know, at least."

"You may be right." She grumbled, suddenly changing her attitude from a grumpy, annoyed troll, to a confused one, she spoke again. "Hey, check this out." She said, turning the computer slightly so I could see. "Isn't Asgore's last name Dreamurr?" She asked, pointing to the first Frisks' name.

"Yeah? Wh-" I cut myself off as I looked into the screen with confused eyes.

There, on the computer screen was a recorded 10 year-old-girl, by the name of Frisk Dreamurr. The last name of Asgore Dreamurr.
"What is this?" I said, motioning her to click her file name, only to see the file has been corrupted.

If the file is corrupted, then I can't get any information about this other Frisk that joined the Mafia 9 years ago. Why have I never heard of her? The Mafia is only 10 years old anyways.
On the surface, at least.

Next to her name, it read in all caps: DEAD. Meaning she was killed, because that would make her 19 today.
The second name, however, had the date of today, and just the name Frisk.

"She's the second one." I said, still in awe of what I had just seen. "Do you remember a Frisk?"

"Not at all." She said, letting out a sigh of a mixture of boredom and curiosity.

Another Dreamurr? What species is this monster? Is she Asriel's' sister?
No. Asriel died a long time ago. Who is this monster?

"Alright. I'll log her in." She said. "Will she be staying in the quarters? We don't have any extra apartments." She said, looking up at me.

"Yeah. We'll make room." I said, walking over to the elevator and getting in.
I pressed to go to the B2 level, where Snowdin residents all stayed underground.

Funny isn't it? We want to get out of the underground so bad, and then we make our sleeping arrangements underground In fear of being attacked.

I could feel the temperature drop, and my exhales turned into misty forms of heat, as well as Frisk's.

I kinda miss the snow. I thought, feeling slightly nostalgic from the icy temperatures of the thermostat.

I struggled a bit with my card to open the door, but I managed to actually get my card out and swipe it in the card reader, while holding a sleeping Frisk.

Thank god she didn't wake up. I woulda been a goner.

Walking into my small apartment, still carrying Frisk, I let out a sigh of relief when I took a deep breath of exhaustion.

I really need a nap today.

I glanced down at her sleeping frame once again, grumbling to myself for saying that she could take my bed.
Because I want to sleep now because of her.

Another sigh, it seemed like I had been doing that a lot ever since she tumbled into my life.
Closing the door with my magic, I stepped inside to find no one home yet.

Papyrus must be on a task or out somewhere for the afternoon.

Walking into my bedroom, I placed Frisk onto the mattress and watched her go from a position on her back, to curled up in a fetal form.

She stayed like that for a while, muttering small mumbles and shifting slightly, so I made my escape from the room quietly and quickly.

God I'm so glad she didn't wake up when I was carrying her. The sedative won't last for much longer. I thought again.

Throwing myself onto the couch, I hadn't realized how tired I was until heavy my eyelids were trying to close on me as well.

I'll probably wake up when Papyrus gets home. Or the devil inside my room will wake me first.
Either way I can sleep now.

When I wake I can take Frisk to get some supplies she needs like clothes and extra items for personal hygiene.

Come to think of it, I wonder what her last name is?

With so much to do, and everything that was on my mind, I fell into a restless sleep. My head was filled with unanswered questions.

I'll figure out this riddle soon enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 694 23
It wasn't your fault you were in this situation. It just happened at random chance, now you were stuck in a loop. A endless repetitive loop of death...
4.2K 180 34
#6-mafiatale (WOO!) 12-21-22 ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ this will have shooting, swearing, gore, attempted sexual advances, and other triggering content. If you a...
11.9K 359 34
Frisk has freed the monsters of the Underground. Finally, monster kind is allowed to return to the surface. It's been 3 years since then. Yet the mon...
44.7K 1.3K 40
As a little kid Y/N was drawn to hip hop and was always looking for someone to challenge.So she resulted to DANCE battles!She had become popular for...