Yes, Sir

By Kota_G

She was just trying to make ends meet. What she didn't know was, ends meet was a sexy millionaire with the wi... More

0.1
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9
8.0
Eilogue
Bonus Chapter Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter Pt. 2
Bonus Chapter Pt. 3

0.2

154K 3.7K 1K
By Kota_G

In my days of elementary school, you'd have found me by my lonesome. Something about the sweet solitude of being your own person and not having to worry about being just like everyone else was one of the most soothing feelings in the world.

But yet, here I am, following around a man who had just dissed me for my lack of reflex in defending myself, like a lost puppy.

I can agree that this is in all technicality is my job, but as I follow him through the top floor with my hands folded in front of me and feet scurrying across the floor, I felt like I'd downgraded my self in a way that is most likely impossible.

He comes to a quick halt, and I nearly fall into his back before he turns smoothly as if knowing I'd been following him. Oh wait.

"Unfortunately for you, Miss. Bennett, I have work to do and can't cater to your every waking need," he scoffs, his eyes carelessly gliding across my frame.

What is with these people and their judgmental stares? Did they think a commoner like me couldn't pick up on their indecent ways?

I scoff internally before he nods his head towards the direction we'd been walking.

"This is my office. Do not enter unless I tell you so, do I make myself clear?"

His voice was deep and hostile. I could feel the vibration from his voice in the ground that was supporting me.

"Right here is your desk. I'm going to assume I don't need to spell anything out for you. Miss. Palmer will assist you shall you need it. As for me, my previous assistant took care of my activities for the day so consider yourself lucky."

He goes to turn around but stops mid turn. Mr. Wood brushes his thumb against the top of his nose before turning to me once more.

"I don't hand out second chances, Miss. Bennett. Shall you fail at your job, you will be terminated without warning. Do I make myself clear?"

I almost fell to my knees in fear.

Almost.

He had no grip on me. Or at least, I'll keep telling myself that as a reminder than I am my own person. However, this is clearly not the time nor place to discuss my embarking role in finding myself.

"Of course, Mr. Wood," I reply, biting my tongue with enough force to draw blood.

He doesn't give me or anyone else a second glance as he steps into his office.

I finally let out a breath I had no idea I was holding before walking over to my desk.

Similar to everything else this office had to offer, my desk held no difference than what could be expected. A birch Scandinavian corner desk was situated perfectly beside the door with a matching white chair. Atop the desk was an Apple computer that I can already tell will take ages to figure out seeing as all internet usage in my household were limited to handheld devices. There was a few pens and freshly sharpened pencils as well as calendars and every other essential I may need to embark on the ever dooming position of Austin Wood's assistant.

"It's a bit overwhelming, isn't it?"

I turn on my heel and face the voice.

"Sorry, how rude of me. I'm Mahalia Palmer. I work in that space right over there," she points in the direction where I can assume her "space" is seeing as this office didn't hold cubicles in a sense. The layout looked like the Love child of The Office and Mad Men, two shows I studied religiously before my first day. At least that's what I'll say if anyone asks. The amount of devotion seems a little absurd in my eyes.

"I'm Laine Bennett, most people call me Lainey if it's more convenient," I laugh awkwardly, extending my hand to Mahalia.

She smiles, shaking my hand gently. "It's good to meet you, Lainey," I nod my head in awkward agreement. If I planned to ever do anything with my life, I think I'd better get used to public interactions as much at that thought killed me internally.

"I can assure you everything might look scary, but it isn't. We're all one big happy family here. But I don't recommend a few people. I'm sure you've already met a few, insolent people on your way up."

My eyes widen dramatically as if trying to escape my skull as I nod. "Yeah, you could say that again."

Mahalia lets out a humorous laugh before pointing to my desk. "If you let me help you set up, you'll be the queen of assisting in no time."

Not being able to help myself, and considering my undeniable awkwardness, I say, "For Narnia, and for Aslan!"

She looks at me like she'd just seen a ghost, making me already hate myself more than I thought already possible.

"Marry me."

See, I've already misjudged and yet here I am. Maybe this won't suck after all.

•———•

By the time lunch rolled around, I was on the brink of another mental breakdown. Austin Wood was a very busy and popular man. By the time Mahalia and I'd sat down to register me into the system, I'd already had to answer two phone calls, one of which being someone who preferred to talk of their daughter's newest achievement instead of their initial plan.

A few people had made their introductions, and although I wouldn't be able to put a name to a face just yet, I was well on my way.

I'd been invited to lunch with my new colleagues but my plan to call my grandmother overthrew any sort of lunch break I could have. Not that I was mad about it. Awkward conversation wasn't my forte and getting to know people was never really something I could do. It was better to resort to my younger sister, someone who was forced to know me for the entirety of her life, than someone who could forget about me in two second.

I dial my grandmother's number and smile as she answers.

"Grammy," I say in a whining tone, "I want to come home."

She laughs on her side, taking my childishness as a joking matter when the reality was, I wanted to curl up in my bed and sleep away the memories of today.

Sure, I can agree I was being overdramatic. But I went from spending my days helping my grandmother at her shop to working in corporate building like it was as easy as breathing when in reality I felt like I my lung was collapsing.

"So, how is Thea holding up after last night?" I ask, grabbing a pen from it's container just to fumble with as J speak to occupy my time.

"I wish that girl was less reckless. One of these nights she'll be bringing home a police officer and a fine that'll be so out of budget we'll have to sell everything we own."

She lets out an exasperated sigh, making me chuckle. "It's okay, Gram. I'll just sell my body to a drug dealer and make some money that way."

"Oh you will do no such thing Laine Marie Bennett," the elder woman gasps, making me laugh at myself.

If it wasn't Thea tugging on her, it was me. Something about her old fashioned ways made it easy to quickly stun her. She was a good sport, that old woman. When Thea opted for dropping out, she helped her. I swear, there isn't a bad bone in that woman's body and that made growing up with such a wonderful role model so much better.

"Anyways, I should probably go. I don't want to get in trouble on the first day. Any preference for dinner?" I ask, grabbing the small pad beside me that was most definitely not for personal use but fuck it.

"Thea would prefer pizza, but since it's your first day, we'll have your famous penne!"

I chuckle, writing down the grocery list for later before saying my goodbyes and hanging up my phone before anyone returns from their lunch break.

My morning other than introductions and a few calls had been nothing special. Austin Wood remains in his office like a hermit. I was close to netting with myself what time he might actually escape unless he had a grapple from his window and slid down it like Oliver Queen. Now that my friends, is an image no young woman should have in their mind.

Speaking of minds, as if he had read mine, his door slowly opened and he stepped out less formal than he'd gone in.

His jacket and tie were now disregarded and his hair looked as though his fingers had run through it countless times. My mind immediately jumped to a female encounter but I'd been at my post all morning and I hadn't seen that door open once. Not even a turn of the handle. Not that I was looking that close to detail.

His eyes scan the empty floor, before his eyes strain on me as if I was a sneaky peak making it's bolt across the floor.

Once his eyes return to their normal size, he minds me no business and starts towards the elevator with his hands shoved into his pockets.

I watch attentively as he hits the button, his white shirt tightening against his broad body as he does so, revealing some secret that somehow hadn't made the magazines yet.

Peculiar.

I advert my gaze back to my computer quickly before he notices, and even if he had I doubt he'd say much about it.

But alas the doors open and he steps in, turning my way before hitting the button and heading to whichever floor he fancied.

He was a mysterious man to say the least. But every burning bone in my body wanted to dig underneath his flesh and figure him out. But when do I ever listen to myself anyways?

•———•

I place the many grocery bags on top of the table that brought me pain earlier today. I slip off my heels, letting my feet touch the cold terracotta tiled floor.

Due to the size of our apartment there had been no reason for them to not know of my return, so I immediately get to work on dinner knowing Thea would complain in a matter of a few minutes if I didn't finish it now because she was doomed to die of starvation.

As the water boils, I peak my head into our cozy little living room tot find my grandmother and Thea doing their own things.

"How was your day, Laines?" Thea asks, lofting her head from her phone momentarily to at least acknowledge my presence.

"Not hard. I'll be starting the bigger things tomorrow since his previous assistant ended today. But nevertheless I met him and the snotty little bi-brat who runs the lobby."

My grandmother side-eyes me and Thea cracks a smile. "So, what's he like?" Thea asks, tossing her phone to the side seeing as she was now interested in the "personality" of Austin Wood. From what I can tell, there isn't much of one but here I am going against what I truly believe and judging a book by it's cover. But the vibe that comes off of Austin Wood was nothing less than intriguing.

"He's not everything Cosmo makes him out to be, The. He hides in his office all day which makes me wonder what he could possibly need me for."

My grandmother clears her throat, looking up from the jewelry she was making, "He needs you for a lot of thing. You said you truly start tomorrow, right?" I nod, "Then you can't go around assuming what this man needs and doesn't, now can you, Lainey?"

I sigh, knowing that I probably walked into this spiderweb like it were a doorway. "Either way, adulting sucks and I just want to curl up and watch some TV," I pout, stomping my foot like a child in the process.

"I'm so ready," Thea sighs as though she had a Riiight day despite probably sleeping off her hangover but I'm not getting into it okay?

"After you feed us, Lainey. You can't leave your only two friends to die of starvation," my grandmother chimes in, mockingly pouting out her lower lip.

I pivot, "If you weren't wrong, I'd probably leave you to the wolves dammit."

•———•

So I know this wasn't much of a chapter but it really starts the next one so I'm sorry. It's a mess, I'm a mess, everyone's a mess mess old McKota had a farm, porn porn porn porn porn.

Wow. Not even midnight and I'm delusional. Oh well.

•Climax King
•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
8 0 4
*THIS SORTY IS ON GOING BUT I AN CURENTLY ALSO EDITING IT AS I GO ALONG. EXPECT A LOT OF CHANGES* Sophia Darling was a ray of sunshine. She saw the g...
207K 6K 43
Lotus Cortez has done things to survive, things that in the eyes of society are everything but moral. Pursing a better life she moves from Las Vegas...
426K 12.5K 40
His words had me heated. As he spoke he made it sexy, and it turned me on. He was right about the pull towards us. The sex between us worked...and it...