I love you, Bestfriend.

By drishtaayyy

"I love you, Ashton" I whispered to his sleeping face, being careful so he doesn't hear. Quickly kissing him... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Note:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Author's note: (Summary of characters)
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Author's note:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Important notice:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62:
Authors note, not an update:
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
Epilogue

Chapter 53:

546K 9.2K 3.3K
By drishtaayyy

“C’mon guys! Let us in already!” I banged the door, once again.

“Not till you tell us how he asked you out!” Maddison sang from the other side of the door.

“Why the fuck do you want to know so badly?” Ashton groaned, annoyed.

“Because we love you, and we really, really want to know!” Andrew answered.

“Jesus Christ! Stop being such inquisitive little bitches!” I yelled back.

“Why won’t you tell us then?” It was Jer now.

Okay, really? They knew I would tell them sooner or later! It’s just so awkward yelling it out to them, but I was tired and frustrated standing in these Maddison sized heels for so long that I didn’t think about the consequence and screamed, “HE KNELT DOWN ON HIS KNEES AND ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND WITH AN ANGEL PENDANT, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS A RING AT FIRST AND FREAKED OUT!”

“OOOH”

“Good going, man”

“That's adorable!”

“Oh my god, that’s so cliché”

“You knelt down on the sand...SAND? YOU KNELT DOWN ON THE SAND WEARING CORDUROY?!”

“Shit.” Ashton muttered beside me, right as the door flung open smacking him hard across his face.

I rushed to his side, laughing uncontrollably, checking his face for any serious wounds. There wasn’t much, just a scratch across his left cheek.

I was thrown to the side as Maddison stood in front of Ashton and pointed a long finger at his face. “You, you listen to me mister. That was corduroy, fucking corduroy! What is wrong with you? I get that you want to ask someone out but really? COULDN’T YOU HAVE LIKE KNELT HALF WAY?”

Ashton’s face was priceless.

He looked like a scared kitten, while Madds looked like an angry dog.

“Okay, okay, babe calm down, let’s get you inside. It’s just pants!” Andrew came into view next. He was prying Maddison out of Ashton’s side and dragging her inside.

I couldn’t stop laughing for even one second when the entire situation unfolded in front of me, it wasn’t that funny, but it was.

“Alright, so we’re going to watch some movies right now, and then go for a nice dinner, so, I suggest you don’t change because you will have to change back into these clothes anyways.” Madds said to me as I entered the living room.

“So you want me to sit in this skirt all day? It will get cramped up and shit!” I made excuses; I so did not want to watch movies in these.

“Um, okay, I guess you can change. The top is fine, just go change the bottoms.”

“Need some help with that?” Mason said wiggling his eyebrows. Just then Ashton walked over to him and smacked him behind his head. Well, one of us are going to loose our brain cells soon enough.

I chuckled, and made my way up the stairs.

Just as I reached the last step I slipped and went crashing down, only to land into Ashton’s arms. “Woah klutz.” He teased.

I looked into his blue eyes, you know that very romantic moment?

“And this is the part where the girl and guy fall in love and kiss.”

“Too bad your life isn’t a romance novel, and you already love me and I already love you.”

I blushed as he helped me up.

“Why did you come up?”

“I just ruined corduroy…I don’t think I want to by mistake spill any food or popcorn on these pants and let Madds kill me. I think I’m being wise by changing, plus I don’t take as long as you to change” he laughed.

“Ha ha, and, I don’t take that long also, okay.”

“Sure.” He smirked before walking towards his room. I did the same, and quickly pulled on a pair of shorts and ran down the stairs. I was shocked when I found Ashton already in his seat on the couch. Narrowing my eyes at him I made sure he was changed, and sadly he was.

How the hell did he manage to change everything before me when all I did was change into shorts?!

He looked up at me and smirked, while I just rolled my eyes and flipped him off.

I took my seat beside him, and he wrapped an arm around me. I shivered at his touch, like I know we are dating but its-it’s just so unbelievable! I can’t believe that Ashton is mine, finally mine.

“Is everyone here?” Mason asked.

We all nodded and said yes. He nodded and pressed play.

“Hey Anns, Happy birthday, I’m so sorry I couldn’t be here on your birthday but here’s a little thing that all of us put together. Well, I did all the work; all they did was give me the content. I am the mastermind behind this, so don’t let either of them take credit for this, okay?” Andy finished, and winked.

I smiled.

That was so sweet of him!

“Aw damn, I was gonna say I put this thing together at the end.” Andrew groaned while we all laughed. Andy was smart, knowing someone or the other would take credit.

The video proceeded.

The words ‘You haven’t changed much since you were little’ flashed on the screen. Then there was a video of a 7 year old me, struggling in my mom’s grasp while someone took a video (probably Ashton) of me. I was hitting and screaming because I didn’t want to go and take a bath. Not a shocker, I know.

Then there was a very recent video of me, where Mason was holding me in his arms while I threatened to choke him and drown him into the water, obviously nothing worked and he dumped me into the tub and turned the shower on.

All the others seated around me burst out laughing at that as I buried my face into Ashton’s shoulder, red with embarrassment. He too was laughing his ass off. Bitch.

Then there was this clip of me dancing in a little skirt and a tight top-I was pretending to be a ballerina, my mom was shouting encouraging words. I twirled around on one leg balancing amazingly well for a 4 year old. My dad was taking a video and saying how I was going to become a great dancer one day and make him proud.

Then it shifted to me when I was 13, and I had performed a little ballet piece on stage in school. I don’t know how, but who ever sent this video to Andy managed to find a perfect moment where I twirled just like I had when I was four.

“Damn, you are a natural Anns.” Jeremy spoke in awe.

“Damn right she is!” Andrew agreed, his eyes lighting up. Now that I know the truth, he kind of did look and talk like dad. From all the pictures and videos I have seen of him, Andrew was a lot like my dad. However, he had the same eyes my mom did. Always so wise and full of love, those made me realize how many years of my life I missed with my elder brother.

After a couple more transitions between how I haven’t changed much. The video moved on to my friends since they have always been one of the most important parts of my life.

Because I have known these creeps all my life, there were a lot of videos when we were younger. There was one where Andrew, Ashton and I were in my backyard and I had just pissed Ashton off by throwing mud on his face. He was pouting like a little 6 year old would and came at me with the water hose.

Andrew being the protective ‘friend’ he always was grabbed Ashton by his t-shirt and tore off the pipe from his hands and scolded him for almost attacking me.

There was another one where Madds and I were playing dress up and Mason tried ruining my makeup and made fun of me for being so girly, I was too small to make sense of anything and began crying, and then Mason was scolded by Andrew for making me cry.

I laughed looking at Mason who was wide eyed and shaking his head in shame. Then it hit me, I may not have known I had a brother but Andrew was always family to me. Even though we had no clue we were siblings, we sure did act like them. I hadn’t really missed out on any brother-sister time with Andrew; he was always there for me in every way possible, just like any elder brother would be for his little sister. I looked at Andrew who was looking at me as well and smiled.

The video went on for a long time; it was more or less like a movie. In all honesty, I love gifts like these, things that have a deep meaning to them.

There were a few clips of me drunk, and how weird I was. Gods, someone would surely send me to the mental asylum if they saw me drunk. I fucking argued about rainbows being the only non-racist things? Because they are colorful and don’t have the colors black or white. Weirdo.

There was also a clip from our second party, the one where almost everyone managed to get drunk but me! I recollected how Mason started “talking” to daisy duck.

So many memories: all in one video tape.

Once the video was over I excused myself and made a quick call to Andy for thanking him and putting up this beauty together, it was amazing and something I loved.

“Where’s everyone?” I asked, looking at Mason lazing around the couch. But everyone else had vanished; there was no one in sight.

“Madds sent everyone to change because they would take time,” he explained.

“So why are you out here?”

“She’s going to check on Ashton’s pants first, I did rather not be anywhere where that is happening.”

I laughed, no one would.

Plopping down next to Mason I switched the channel to cartoon network, lucky for me Tom and Jerry was coming.

Mason burst out laughing as Tom lured Jerry into a trap, “That’s you Anns, that is exactly how stupid you are” but then, Jerry was too smart for a trap and in the end it was Tom who got stuck and scolded at for creating a mess by that lady who has a huge ass and red boots! THEY NEVER SHOW THE FACE!

I poked Mason, “Who is smart now ha.”

He grumbled and walked away, “You know I always winnnnnnn” I sang while he stomped up all the way to the stairs.

It had been around half an hour to forty minutes when everyone had left, so I decided that it was time for me to go change into my skirt, put on torturous heels and re-do some of my makeup. I did a mental dance when I realized there was no one to force me to shower this time.

I slipped into my skirt and ran a brush through my hair. I darkened my winged liner because it had started to fade and applied red lipstick, rubbing it off only to leave a fade shade of red on my lips. Happy and satisfied with my appearance yet again I made my way downstairs. 

Mason and Ashton were there, playing on their phones having a flappy bird competition. “Ah, I can’t get past 7!” I whined.

They both just ignored me.

What the…

“Um, hey guys? Hello? Beautiful best friend slash girl friend standing behind you…” I said, waving my hands in front of their faces. They did nothing but swatted my poor hands away.

I pouted.

They can’t see you, genius. A voice in my head said.

Oh there you are, I missed you!

Who the hell misses their own self?

Apparently, I do.

I can see that.

Technically, you can’t.

Oh my gods, you’re so annoying. Why are we the same person?

You know you love me, hehe.

And then the voice never replied.

Shit, I’m such a loner.

After a few more seconds of waiting, Jeremy came down. “Oh hey Jer, you’re the best! These jerks are playing fucking flappy bird and they won’t listen to me! They are ignoring me-” I cut short my sentence when I saw him walk past me and take a seat beside Ashton, he said “Hey man, what’s your score, oh! Let’s play!” and then he began playing flappy bird as well…

WHAT HAS MY LIFE COME TO?

“AWWWWW SHIT!” I heard Mason bang his hand on the table, he probably died.

“Ha ha, sucker.” Ashton teased.

“Don’t ha-ha me, you died as well.” Mason grumbled. Ashton looked surprised and back to his phone screen, then he muttered some incoherent words as well.

“Aww losers, who is the boss now?” asked Jeremy, wiggling his eyebrows.

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. They suck.

“Anns, what’s wrong? Why are you sitting like such a loner?” Ashton asked me, looking like a innocent child like nothing happened in here.

I glared at him, my eyes turning into slits.

“Oh man, she is pissed.” Jeremy whispered in a much exaggerated manner.

Ashton was constantly looking at me, and I glared back. Oh, you’re not winning this.

“Go say sorry you idiot!” Mason helped.

“But what did I do?” Ashton asked. I rolled my eyes at that, boys will be boys… it’s like they have a special gene in their body which supplies all the obliviousness they have all the time.

“Oh she’s not mad, she just wants me to give her special attention” Ashton said at last, laughing.

My face turned bright red. Shit, he caught me. And then I burst out laughing as well, the two of us kept laughing while Mason and Jeremy stared at us back and forth.

“What just happened? I thought you were pissed?” Jer cracked first.

“HOW ON EARTH DID YOU FIGURE OUT IF SHE WAS PISSED OR NOT” Mason shouted, wide eyed.

“Dude, known her since she was 5 or less, I think I know when she is acting.” Ashton answered as a matter of fact, but he was looking at me and winked.

“Reservation for Ms.Summers.” asked Ashton at the front desk.

“Right this way, sir.” The guy replied guiding us to our seat. We were in some fancy restaurant, we had our own little table in a private room, and it had a balcony attached to it as well.

There was a huge round table in the centre, a red cloth placed over it. There were white dishes set with silver culinary, huge round bottom glasses and a wonderful candlelight setting, there were at least 7 candles, all lit up.

I took my seat, Ashton on one side and Jeremy on the other.

“Hello, my name is Eve and I’ll be attending your table today.” Said a red head that walked in through the door, she handed us out our menus and waited patiently for us to order.

“Thank you so much! The dinner was wonderful, it was the best I have ever tasted!” I gushed, complimenting Eve. She was such a nice person!

“So where to?” asked Ashton taking the wheel.

“Um, I don’t want to booze today, let’s just go back home and do something out there?” I suggested, “Only if you guys are okay with it and have nothing else planned, of course.” I added in later.

“No, no, we decided we’d let you pick this one.” Lisa said, smiling at me.

“Alright, so home it is.”

I went up and slipped out of my clothes, I folded them neatly and decided to get them dry cleaned when I was back home. I washed off my makeup and tied a high ponytail. It was so hot! I pulled on a pair of pajama shorts and a full sleeved body hugging top over it.

I didn’t care to look at myself in the mirror again; I had dressed up enough for one day.

“Hey babe, you ready?” Ashton’s voice filled the room. I turned around and flashed him a smile, he grabbed my hands and we walked down the stairs together.

“So whatcha wanna do?” Andrew asked me, rubbing his palms together.

“Let’s go out on the beach, I’m sure we’ll figure something out.” I said. The rest seemed okay with my idea so we lot moved out to the beach.

“I really have no idea what we’re gonna do out here.” I muttered to Ashton, who was standing beside me. Our hands still linked together.

 “Okay, I have an idea.” He winked at me then left my hand and yelled at Mason, “Mase! Run, I’m coming to catch you!” I face-palmed myself as Mason took off with Ashton behind him, wow Ashton great idea. Let’s play catch-catch. All of us waited for them to come back, and they did, thank the gods. I was positive they would get lost and break into someone’s house and go to jail.

Mason came back screaming, Ashton jogging right beside him. Wait, if Ashton was supposed to catch Mason, then Mason should run away from him right? Then why are they walking together?

“Oh shit.” I muttered as Mason neared me, those sly idiots!

I took off running as Mason followed me, I pumped my feet harder but there was no way I or anyone could out run Mason, he was fucking fast.

He grabbed my hand and we bumped into each other, the force knocked me down. I fell on my butt, only to see Mason running away from me. Gee, great now I’ll have to go running like a maniac.

I ran straight, aiming at Maddison, she was too slow to realize I was coming after her, and we clashed into each other. I wrapped my arms around her to steady myself, a moment later I left her and she ran towards Andrew literally jumping on his back. Poor Andrew, he was caught too fast.

We kept on playing like this for a while; all of us got caught at least twice except Mason. Only Ashton managed to catch him, that also by luck because he took him off guard.

 It was Ashton’s turn now, and I was panting like a dog. I don’t remember the last time I ran so much, it was tiring and horrible!

I turned around, where was Ashton? He was like a few yards in front of me just 2 seconds ago. I squinted my eyes to get a better sight, but it was too late. Ashton was right in front of me, coming at me in full speed. I was stunned and didn’t react to him running at me. When he realized I wasn’t moving he tried to stop himself, but he was already in front of me. We both went crashing to the ground, Ashton on top of me.

His hands were placed on either side of my face. He looked down at me, his blue eyes not so blue anymore, since it was dark I could barely make out features but he was smiling, that was one thing I was sure of.

He leaned down and kissed me, a small peck on my lips and then said, “Babe, you’re out.”

“Oh my god, I can’t play any further! My legs are cramped up and I’m going to die!” Jeremy announced, before crashing into the ground.

“I’m done as well, I think I won’t wake up tomorrow!” grumbled Lisa.

Slowly, one by one, they all fell on the ground. Wow, it was like someone shot all of us.

Shot

The words left quite an impact on me, it’s like the word was telling me something but I just didn’t know what exactly?

Ashton picked me up and dragged me to the house, just like the others were doing to themselves. We climbed up in silence, all of us almost asleep.

“Night Anns, love you!” Mason shouted, “Night Mase, love you too.”

Andrew walked up to me and kissed my forehead, “Night, little sis.”

“Night”

We exchanged good nights and then I was in the comfort of my room. I almost put the lights off when I heard footsteps, my door was thrown open and Ashton was pushed inside. “Keep your boyfriend with you! He is too annoying. He has something to say, please let him.” Mason yelled from behind Ashton and then left pulling the door close.

He stood there, in front of the now closer door awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

I got up in sitting position and patted the empty space beside me. He nodded, understanding and made his way to sit beside me.

“What’s going on?” I asked, worried.

“I-you um, you never asked me why I was being such a dick to you?”

“Yes, but I didn’t need to. It’s the past it doesn’t matter, right?”

“Don’t play dumb with me, Diana, tell me, why didn’t you?” he knew it did matter and I purposely didn’t bring the subject up.

“I just thought you wouldn’t give me an answer or the answer that you would, would be a lie. I’m scared of the answer, Ash. I really don’t know where I went wrong or what I did to push you away from me.” I murmured.

“Oh god, no, of course I wouldn’t lie to you!” he sat up straight and grabbed my face in his hands. “Listen to me, okay? I won’t lie to you, I never really have. Except for the times I said I didn’t feel anything for you and all the times I said I love Mel or anything about Mel actually, to be honest, I was attracted to her for a short period of time, but I never really loved or liked her. She was just my distraction to get my mind of you. And, you may think I played with her and all as well, but that isn’t true, in some weird way Mel made me realize how much you mean to me, how much I care about you and most of all how much I love you. The only reason I pushed you away was because of Amanda and your family history. If I admitted my feelings to you, I wouldn’t be able to build my walls; I needed to keep Amanda’s secret, she trusted me with it and I couldn’t let her down. I knew if I got too close to you, I would end up blurting it all out to you and it wouldn’t end well. After mom-” he choked on his words, took a deep breath and continued.

“-after mom passed away, I had to be even more careful until Jeremy knocked some sense into me, he told me you would understand.  But of course that doesn’t explain Mel or why I did what I did with her, why I gave you mixed feelings. Well, I thought that once I told you the truth about Moms’ accident, you would hate me forever; you would hate me because I was aware and I didn’t do anything about it. Of course, I wouldn’t be able to stand the look you would give me then, so, I took it upon myself to make you hate me, to push you as far away from me as possible. I knew I had to be your best friend, and there would be no way out of that one, so I tried to make you fall out of love with me.”

I was speechless.

All this while I thought he was playing with my feelings by being sweet to me was actually Ashton’s true feelings coming out, while the other part of him was fake, it was all an act!

“Oh Ashton!” I exclaimed after my momentary silence. “How could you? I’m so sorry!”

“Sorry?” he chuckled lightly, “What are you sorry for?”

“I know how hard it is for one to push away the person they love, to see that they hate you or they are hurt because of you! How did you even manage?” I asked, then. I wouldn’t have been able to see Ashton hate me, more or less I couldn’t think about hurting him. That would break me much more than him hurting me, to know the one you love is hurting because of you is probably in the top 10 list of the worse feelings in the world.

“Here I was a dick to you, and you’re feeling sorry for me. Diana Summers, I don’t know what to do with you.” He responded, shaking his head.

I chuckled, “You could always kiss me to shut me up,”

“Oh, I will.”

His eyes sparkled with amusement and he kissed me, his lips were on mine, pecking them, parting them apart. I gave in, as he pulled me on top of him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my hands finding their way into his hair.

He smiled at my reaction.

My head was dizzy, dizzy with all this love and honesty. He was all mine, Ashton Waters was finally mine and no one could take that away from me.

My stomach felt all queasy. Not because I needed to puke, but because Ashton made me go all crazy. How could one person have so much affect on you, I have no idea. But, they do. It is for the best and worst.

Rose from the vampire diaries once said, “He is either the best thing for her or the worst” and I can’t help but relate to that. When you love someone so much that it hurts, and they love you back, they make you do things you would never do, they make you feel the way no one ever would. And that is sometimes the best, sometimes the worst thing that could ever happen.

But I am grateful and thankful to have that person in my life.

No matter the consequence, in the end all that matters is that I am happy, even if it’s for a very little time.

 _______________________________________________________ HEYY LOVELIES<3

So, long update ^.^ I know I passed a week, and I say I’ll do weekly updates but I lied. With school and SAT together I’m overwhelmed. So please expect updates that could take longer than a week? Please? You guys have been with me throughout my journey of this book, and I ask you to be with me till the end.

Tell me if you liked the update and it cleared why Ashton was a dick, if I did justice to his actions.

I don’t know what else to say today xD

I’ll reply to you guys in a while it could take days also, last time I said I had 500 messages in my inbox right? Well I replied to a few 100, and now the messages are upto 650-700. :| IDK HOW THIS HAPPENS LIKE OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT WOOAAAHAHAHHA.

Keep commenting and asking me questions, alright?

I LOVE YOU GUYS, A LOT.

Follow me on instagram: iloveyouubestfriend

You know what to do ;)

KEEP VOTING, KEEP COMMENTING, KEEP READING, KEEP FOLLOWING!   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 813 22
Alison suddenly had trouble swallowing. Charlie leaned in slowly. She did it so slowly that Alison could have stopped her a million times before thei...
5.2K 76 21
"Hey..please don't do this.." he said crouching in front of me and lifting up my chin with his hand. He wiped the few tears that escaped and looked m...
5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...
871K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...