The Armored Warrior

By ArkenSenpai

Your father has gone missing for almost a year now. You were cleaning out your attic until you found somethin... More

Chapter 1- Remnant
Chapter 2- The Armor
Chapter 3- Beacon
Chapter 4- The previous visitor
Chapter 5- Friends
Chapter 6- Initiation
Chapter 7- Myths and Legends
Chapter 8- Official
Update
Happy New Year
Chapter 9- Lead
Chapter 10- Missions
Grimm Eclipse Request
Chapter 11- Maze
Chapter 12- Nightmares, Or visions?
Chapter 13- Belonging
Chapter 14- Messages
Message to the readers
Chapter 15- Neo
Chapter 16- Bounty
Chapter 17- Perspective
Chapter 18- Former Glory
Chapter 19- Lies from a dead man
Chapter 20 Prologue- A cup of Tea
Chapter 21- Cella
Chapter 22- Reunion
Chapter 23- Mirror Mirror

Chapter 20- Regiment

1.2K 17 10
By ArkenSenpai

"Repel the darkness, by binding yourself to the Oath!" The twelve elders chanted while saluting. The head elder stopped and sat down. "Now it's time to address the troops commander, they should already be formed up. The Regimental Sergeant Major is already waiting for you arrival, shall we?" He said beckoning to the door, I walked and he led me while the others followed behind. We soon arrived at the main hanger, while all of the troops are formed up, almost filling the entire hanger.
"Lights Oath, Attention!" A lone woman standing in front of everybody yelled, once she yelled that command; the entire army snapped to the position of attention, her left leg rose 90 degrees and snapped beside her right. Her left hand held a cane resting in her shoulder, while he left hand never left her side. I had never seen such excellent drill performed in my entire life. The elder led me to a square wooden Dias placed in the middle of the hanger near the back.
When I stepped up and took my place, the RSM yelled the command for general salute. She saluted and the platoon commanders did as well. After the salute she marched to the front of me, saluted and said that we currently have 1,000 soldiers stationed here, the others are currently are out on missions or stationed at our various bases around remnant. In total our combined forces reach around 5,000 men and women ready to repel the Abyss, sir."
"That's a lot to command." I reply
"Would you care to inspect the ranks sir?"
"I would." I said while I stepped off the Dias, she led me to the first platoon. I inspected the first file of men and women, and for the next half hour I inspected the entire parade.

There were 5 companies each with 2 platoons each with 500 total soldiers. The first company I inspected what was called the Lancer regiment. When I arrived at the first rank, I was greeted by the Lancers Company Sargent Major; Captain Neka, she stepped beside me and lead me through the ranks. As the company sergeant major told me, each soldier is outfitted with a Lancer unit; a heavily armed suit, the main weapon is called a GL- Gun lance, the Lancer units are basically a human artillery machine. The unit has a shield equipped on their left hand, the extend the shield into the ground and mount the GL on the right of the shield, while in each hip is a pair of poles that extended to ensure the suit is steady. The amazing thing of this unit is that each shield connects to the soldier beside them, and they all fire together. They are able to fire about 3 rounds each in a minute. Each round is able to penetrate 15 inches of metal. I walked in the ranks, each unit held their Lancer our in-front of them with their shield extracted beside them.
I stared at the armour, each unit was black, about 6 feet tall. The helmet has a black visor, the armour looked thick, the shield was about as tall as the unit, and about 3 feet wide.
"Would you like me to retract it sir?" The armour said, I jumped a little not expecting a person to be manning it.
"You startled me, so each unit here is currently manned?"
"Yes sir. We were ordered to suit up." The Company Sargent Major (CSM) said.
"Nice, yes please retract it."
The soldier nodded, and the retracted into the gauntlet. I was amazed by this technology, it looks similar to my armour but modified, almost better. The gun lance was huge, almost 8 feet in length, the lance part was 2 feet thick and sharp; just by staring at it I felt as if I would get a cut. In the centre piece of the metal was a large barrel, about half as long as the actual weapon. Near the handle was a 3 round mag. The actual rounds were as large as an artillery round.
"How heavy is this, soldier?" I asked the man before me.
"The suit makes it feel as light as a sword, sir. We are able to carry this gear because of the suit."
I nodded, thanked him and continued with my inspection. I stopped once I was finished with the first rank, and carried onto the next company, the Lancer unit CSM stopped in front of me and asked if I had any questions or concerns. I said no.
"This company is impressive CSM, I look forward to working alongside you. I also look forward to manning a Lancer myself."
She chuckled. "We shall get a Lancer unit prepared for you sir, unless you have your own armour?"
"I do in fact, maybe I shall take your company out hunting some time and try out the Gun Lance."
"I look forward to it sir." She said with a smile.

I continued on with the inspection, the next company was the Infantry unit. They also had armour but lighter stuff allowing for excellent mobility and defence. Each soldier had a helmet as well, their weapons ranged from assault rifles, to shotguns, sniper rifles and carbine rifles. The infantry was split up into three separate units, a reconnaissance unit, a regular infantry unit and a sniper division. The next company was comprised of field engineers and medics.

The field engineers had armour that looked big, each armour had a small repair kit strapped to the back for either repairing armour or machinery. They also specialized in mechanized combat, ranging from tanks to mech units, troop carriers or artillery. The medics specialized in healing the troops, each carried a medic pack on their back filled with everything needed to heal a soldier out in the field.

The last company was the 500 guards, the commanders personal unit. Each had special built armour. Each soldier was hand picked by their company Sargent Major who then enlisted them in special training. They are the best of the best. One section stood out though, comprising of 5 members; Carbon, Alex, Dia, Lavender and Ashton. When you walked by them for inspection, you smile at each one of them, giving a small pat on the shoulder. They reminded you of team RWBY, that saddened you. You desperately wanted to send them a message, but you would rather do that in person. Maybe with the reveal of Lights Oath you may see them again.

Once finished with inspection you returned to the Dias and waited for the march past. It took a while but finally the lease was over. Time to address the troops.

"Hello everyone" you started off. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), or Commander (L/N). Whatever works for you. I hope that you all will accept me as Commander and that I shall be able to work with each company more than once. I also hope that you all share in agreement that Lights Oath shall not hide in the dark fighting an endless battle. But that we shall emerge to the light and ask for assistance from the hunters and people of remnant with not only fighting Grimm but the Abyss. By working together we can repel the Abyss even further than ever done before. Repel the darkness by binding yourself to the Oath! Repel the darkness and bring glory to the Oath! We shall fight and bring peace to remnant even if it costs us our lives!" You yell. The entire army snaps go attention and starts chanting "Repel the darkness by binding to the Oath!"
That sure got them in your side.

"My first orders as for new commander, mount up! Suit up, we leave at first light tomorrow towards Vale, we shall announce ourselves to them, and broadcast it internationally! Send word to the other bases and let them follow our lead! The Vytal festival happens soon and we shall make our entrance there!" The RSM snaps to attention and brings the regiment to attention, a general salute and off I go towards the commanders office, ready to prepare more orders. The rest of the regiment prepares for the flight ahead.

"We shall take the DMB craft; Dust mobile base, it's our largest airship and most powerful. We shall have two squadrons of the Aniva-ships and five squadrons of jets patrolling each. Have the DMB carry two platoons of Goliath Mechs and half a platoon of lancers, half of infantry and a fire team of medics and engineers. The two Aniva-ships shall carry the dropshock infantry and some tanks." The RSM said, I nodded in agreement towards it.

"I'm guessing you pick to announce at the Vytal Festival our existence since it will be broadcasted live to the rest of remnant?" She asked. I nodded.
"I had heard about it, and it makes the most sense. I have a speech prepared...somewhat."

The RSM laughed. I paid more attention to her looks as well, her name was Nella Ivory, she had short blonde hair and bright green eyes, she was almost as tall as me but just a inch or two shorter. She was also very well built, quite strong (if she tried she could probably bench press me). I chuckled at the thought.

"Well, I should probably go and check on the troops. I believe you will lead us to glory sir, I have yet to see you in combat, but I look forward to it." She said extending a hand, a firmly grasped it and responded that I do as well.

Once she left I was in the room with a couple of the elders and Dan and Ryan. I looked down at the list and maps placed in front of me, with a Grimm thought roaming my mind.

What is this catastrophe that Ashan predicted about?

Is it going to happen at the festival?

-Authors Notes-

Heyyyyy, long time to see (read?)
Sorry for a long period of disappearing and no updating.

This chapter was more of a introduction to your army (how cool) I plan on trying make some pictures of each units armour and weapons and maybe a drawing of the ships, tanks and various vehicles. I know the size of the platoons and stuff are way off but eh, my army! No judgy.

The reason for the absence and neglect to this amazing story is mainly school and lack of motivation. This story did not go the way I originally planned it but I'm making it work and am slowly getting back into the groove of it. But I'm proud of what I made! Hopefully during the summer I can get some more shit out, heheheh. Hopefully if I'm not busy with work! I still have a life yenno....somewhat....

Anywho I'm back! Yay! And I missed you all my lovely children of awesome amazing ness!

-ArkenSenpai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 3.4K 25
(Y/n) a young boy, 17 years old, all alone, no name (yet), and no Idea why he exists, only that wherever he goes, death is not far behind by. What wi...
128K 1.9K 24
At a young age Y/N Branwen's mother left him with just him and his father F/N Lane. All was fine until unknown people murdered his father join Y/N on...
57.7K 895 14
Y/n was a war veteran thought to have died, he grew up an orphan. Thought to be dead all files of his existence were removed, all his permanent recor...
516 15 5
Ruby Rose has disappeared, no one knows where she is. Her family and friends desperately seek to find her, fortunately for them she returned two days...