Alpha's Lone Witch

By dr3amstar

Andrew Crescent was cursed to have the memories of his reincarnation, William Crescent. The Trials, the war... More

Small Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Prologue

12.3K 355 37
By dr3amstar

Prologue

Meredith's POV

I ran. 

I ran from the person who I thought loved me. From the people who I considered friends, allies and neighbors. From the people who laughed at my pain and who craved my death. 

My body screamed with pain and fatigue. I remembered then that I haven't eaten for awhile. The thought simply filled my rage. I didn't know how long I was locked up in those cages with my Sisters. If it wasn't for our weak magic many of us would have died in there. 

The mundane mortals underestimate us. They believed covering our grotesque cells with their alchemical salt would actually extinct our magic for good. 

What nuisances, I thought bitterly

"She's over there!" I heard one of the Hunters yell.

I looked over my shoulder with a gasp to see them gaining on me. If I wasn't in such a fatigue state, I would be able to use what little magic left to kill them all. I'd suck the life right out of them and give it as a sacrifice to my already deceased Sisters. Hoping then, that they'd be able to rest at peace.

I quickened my pace, lifting up the bottom of these rags they called 'clothing'. I applied the tiniest amount of magic to my feet to help with speed. I knew I wouldn't be able to run forever but I hoped I would be able to hide at the very least.

I could feel every rock and branch cut at my bare feet. The occasional bushes and trees cut at my already delicate skin. My body was already covered in blood, dirt and bruises. Some of my very own skin had begun to peel off due to all the torture the Hunters had given us. With all the Alchemic Salt and Holy water they had thrown at us, it was amazing how I was still standing let along running.

I was once a rich noble woman, with hair as black as a raven and eyes as beautifully bright as the sky. Now I looked like a lonely peasant girl who was being abused by her caretakers. That was what I would look like to the mortals had they now known about the trial.

For a second I had hope, hope that I could hide away in a caring strangers home until the search died down. If I was lucky, the stranger would not believe in Witches or the Supernatural or instead, they would not have heard of the trials at all.

But I knew better, everybody within a thousand mile radius knew about the trials. Merchants from all over came to see the Witches at their end. Some useless noblemen even wanted to buy as at a great price.

What pathetic mortals.

Suddenly a loud shot rang out through the woods, causing a nearby tree to shake with the force. At first I believed I was seeing things until another shot rang out, followed by another.

I gasped, not even bothering to look behind me. They had guns! Actual guns! I knew that this would not end well. I didn't know how to outrun their weapons, especially a gun.

I felt a tear streak down my cheek. I couldn't outrun them, I knew this yet I continued to run in some hope I would be saved by the Spirits of my Sisters.

Not to soon after my thoughts of hope did pain exploded in my right thigh. I  collapse to the ground, biting back my scream of agony. I wouldn't show weakness to those monsters, I couldn't. I had already failed my Sisters one, I had no wish to fail them again.

Their shouts of triumph shrilled through the air. I felt the magic in my feet disappear along with my energy. My previous injuries were suddenly too much to bear. I clenched my hands on the cold ground, mentally crying out in pain. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't move, I couldn't continue any further.

Their shouts of triumph and laughter came closer. I knew that they wouldn't kill me here, it was too easy. They would take me back to the Trial and torture me as an example to those who had thoughts of running.

I bit my lip as I thought of my Sisters who I had left behind. They had put all their hope and power in me and here I was, a failure to them once again.

I felt a tear escape my watery eyes, then another. A small sob escaped my lips as I thought of my Sisters. In this moment more than any, I wanted to kill these Hunters. I hated them more than I thought was mentally possible. I bit my fist to muffle my cries. I couldn't let them hear me, I wouldn't.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I had a small ounce of hope that he would stop them. That he would arrive here with open arms and stop the trials all together. Even though I knew it was wrong, I wished for him to come, to save me from this hell hole he created.

But I knew my thoughts were in vain.

"Well, well Meredithian, we must say we're impressed." One of the Hunters teased.

"Even though we knew you'd get caught. Your efforts were in vain you Witch." Another Hunter spat at me.

"When he hears about this, you're going to wish you were never born." The other snarled.

I glared at them through blurred eyes with all the hate and rage I felt. "Acta sanctorum. Faciam quodlibet quod necesse est." I spat at them, using one of my hands to grab a large branch. "Aut neca, aut necare!" I shouted.

The Hunters frowned at my words. I knew they were confused at the Latin language so I used that as an advantage. Slowly and painfully, I applied magic into the branch.

"Does anybody have any knowledge on what language she spoke?" One Hunter frowned.

"She is too weak to cast a spell. We should get the Head here."

The leader of this small group nodded with a smirk. "We can't have you escape Meredithian. Let's just hope you don't scream as much as he said."

The other Hunters in the laughed at his filthy joke. The lead Hunter lifted his gun, aiming for my other leg. I used that opportunity to put all the force into my hand.

"Mors omnibus." I muttered, just as I lifted my hand and let the branch fly.

The branch flew straight at one of the Hunter, going straight into his abdomen. He cried out in pain, stumbling back until he fell. The Hunters stood shell shocked at what just happened. Even the lead Hunter seemed to be at a loss of words.

I laid down, hearing the shouts of the Hunters without actually hearing them. I was going to die here, I knew this. It was strange, when death was actually in front of you. I had thought I would be scared of death, fearing what is to come but I didn't. I was ready for it, even welcoming it. I didn't want to live through these disgusting trials, to live with dying Sisters. I had killed one Hunter, or injured him at the most. Something in me seemed to calm itself, bringing a wave of peaceful emotions.

I closed my eyes, hearing the click of the gun and the angry threats of the leader but I ignored them. I simply rested there, staring out to the trees. For a second, I thought I saw movement but I quickly dismissed the thought. No one but the Hunters and I were here. I was going to die.

With that thought in mind, I closed my eyes wishing for death to come.

It wasn't until I heard a ferocious growl, did I snap my eyes open. I lifted my head up from the ground and gasped when I came face to face with a large Wolf. The large Wolf barred its teeth at me, its eyes glowing a bright blue.

I unintentionally let out a whimper. Death by animals was not something I had hoped for, especially a giant Wolf such as this.

Then it dawned on me, this wasn't a normal wolf; A wolf would have eaten me alive by now. Glancing around I noticed hundreds of Wolves, slowly emerging from the shadows. They barked, growled and snarled at the Hunters, their enormous size towering over the Hunters.

"Children of the Moon." I whispered, so silently that only their ears would be able to hear.

The Wolf in front of me nodded his head, looking at me with eyes of understanding, sorrow, and ... love. I didn't understand how this Wolf could look at me with such emotions, I was hideous. Not only physically but on the inside as well. But as I looked into this Wolf's eyes, I became lost. I felt something that I had never in my left felt before. Not even with him did I feel such emotions.

"What in Christ names." I heard one of the Hunters breath.

I glanced behind me at the Hunters, expecting to see fear in their eyes. What I didn't expect to see was awe, excitement. They looked as though they had won a grand prize.

"Werewolves." The lead Hunter exhaled, his voice filled with awe.

The Wolves all growled at him, their combined power causing the ground to shake. I could feel the power of all types; Alpha, Beta, even Omega. It amazed me that all these Wolves had come to help us, but they shouldn't have. So far the only Supernatural the Hunters had been able to discover were Witches and Warlocks. If they discover the Werewolves, only God knew what would happen to their kind.

Suddenly a shot rang out, causing one of the Wolves nearby to collapse. The others didn't hesitate to attack, leaping forward while clawing their paws. All at once did the Hunters and Wolves go into battle. It was obvious that the battle was in favor of the Wolves with their large Pack, but the Hunters weapons gave them a slight advantage.

One of the Wolves in front, nudged my head. Looking up I saw that it was the same Wolf who was staring at me with love in his eyes. He had a couple of Wolves behind him along with some Wolves who had stayed behind. Gesturing with his head for me to follow, he slowly began making his way into the tree's to hide us from plain sight.

I lifted myself off of the ground with much difficulty. When the others noticed my frail form, they came towards me. I leaned my weight on a brown Wolf who couldn't have been more than a young man. I silently prayed for this boy, wishing him the best of survival.

The other Wolves stayed by my side, hiding me from the sight of the Hunters. When I finally limped my way into the trees, the young Wolf pulled back, letting me lean on a nearby tree.

I smiled at him gratefully. "Thank you child." I whispered.

The Wolf bowed his head, taking a couple of steps back.

When I looked up, I noticed the same kind blue eyes staring back at me. Only this time the Wolf was a man. He was tall, looking to be over 6'. His dark brown hair was disheveled and his blue eyes were the most affectionate eyes I had ever seen. He had on only black trousers, causing my eyes to shift to his chest.

I hadn't noticed when he began to walk. It was only when I finally looked up to meet his eyes did I notice how close we were, his face inches from mine. His warmth radiated off his skin, causing goose bumps to appear on mine.

He gestured to one of the wolves with his hands. Not seconds later did the male shift and hand him something. I averted my eyes from his nudity, feeling the need to give him some privacy.

Just as the young man shifted back into his Wolf form, I smelt a familiar aroma. I snapped my eyes to the blue eyed man's hand and saw a loaf of bread. Immediately my mouth watered, my stomach growling with the anticipation of nourishment.

"Here" The blue eyed man whispered, his voice soft and enticing. "Take it." He lifted up the bread to my face, eagerly getting me too eat it.

With eager hands, I grabbed the bread and began to eat it, not bothering to be lady-like. The first bite felt so much like heaven I actually felt tears in my eyes.

"Shh, it's okay." The man murmured, He lifted his hand looking ready to touch my hair but paused. "May I?" He asked, flickering his eyes to his hand.

I nodded hesitantly, not knowing what the others would think of me. Being touched by another male was considered wrong, especially by an unknown man but he felt different. I could feel a tension between us that I didn't recognize with anybody else.

"Where are the others?" He whispered, stroking my hair gently while taking a closer step towards me.

I swallowed the last piece of bread, wiping away a tear that escaped my eyes. "A couple of miles or so south." I replied after a second.

"What are you, the Children of the Moon, doing here?" I questioned him, "Although the gesture is kind, you cannot be discovered. If the Hunters were to know of your kind, who knows what will happen in the future."

He smiled, shaking his head while chuckling lightly, "We will do fine on our own. We could not stand by and watch as the Witches died off. We came with other Packs." His eyes became bright with anger, "We apologize for our late arrival but we are here now. We will do all in our power to free as many as we can." He promised. 

"Then you must hurry." I breathed, wincing as I tried standing on both legs "They planned on starting the trials soon before I escaped. They must have started by now. I do not know how many have already..." I stopped, tears threatening to spill. 

The man stared at me before looking down at my leg. "Your injured." He whispered, his eyes turning hard.

I shook my head, "I will use a healing spell. The bread has given me enough power to do that much. Please, let me go with you."

"You must run." He said to me, ignoring my plea.

"No." I stated firmly. "I will stay and fight as well."

"No, you cannot even stand." He smiled gently. "Run while you can." He cupped my face with both hands as he caressed my cheek with his thumb, looking at me with so much tenderness. "And to think, I finally found my mate." He whispered, more to himself than me. 

I felt my jaws slack at his words, shock invading my mind. I was his mate, this stranger was my soul mate. Everything seemed to fit into place; the reason I felt so trusting of him, the strange feeling I get when he touches me or even looked at me. He was my soul mate, my one and only.

A small smile tugged at my lips. "Mate?" I breathed, my eyes dropping down to his lips.

He nodded, his eyes gazing longingly at my lips. "My mate." He whispered, before lowering his head and gently caressing my lips with his.

The small touch sent sparks running throughout my whole body. I wrapped my arms around his neck just as he wrapped his arms around my waist. The position brought us closer and deepened the kiss. It started off slow and passionate, but soon became possessive and strong. His arms tightened around me as I put my fingers in his hair tugging it slightly while of his hands went up my back to my neck, tangling his fingers into my hair. 

I could hear the fighting in the distance but ignored it simply to enjoy these couple of seconds of pure bliss. I didn't know when I would feel this again. Only God knew how long this battle would take and how long this man will be away from me. We pulled apart, panting heavily as he gazed at me with so much love I wanted to cry. 

Here I was, kissing a stranger that I had just met. I expected to look around and see judging and outrages eyes, but instead the Wolves all had their backs to us. They all looked alert, ready for any sign of attack. I knew they could hear our panting breaths but they paid no mind.

He put his hands back to my face, gently turning my head to face him. "Now you must run." He said strictly, leaving no room for arguments. "Be safe." He kissed my cheek, "Stay alive." A kiss to my nose. "And come back to me." He kissed my forehead. 

He began to pull away but I tightened my hold on him, not wanting to be away from him, "You can't go." I said desperately. 

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my body against his. "I must," He stared down at me with sad eyes. "I have to save the others."

I bit my lip, knowing his words were true. No matter how true they were, I didn't want him to go. I felt so complete in his arms, so loved. I was afraid if I let go, he would disappear forever.

"Promise to come back?" I asked, needing confirmation.

He smiled back at me, "After you are safe and after this war dies down, look for me." Pecking my lips gently, "Look for my Pack." A long kiss, "Crescent Moon." He breathed against my lips. 

I nodded slowly, releasing my hold on him reluctantly. "I will."

He backed away along with his other Wolves, his eyes never leaving mine. "The Hunters over here are dead so you can run without trouble. We will continue to block off this area both inside and out. If you keep going north, you will reach our base. By the time you arrive, the Royals will be waiting. They will take care of your injuries and keep you safe until the Trials are dead."

I nodded, whispering words of remedy for my leg.

"Please, stay safe." He begged, his eyes creasing with concern.

I heard something solid hit the leaves on the ground, the pain from the earlier bullet gone. "I promise, as will you?"

He smiled. "As will I."

With his words, he shifted into his beautiful silver Wolf. He looked up, giving me one last longing look, before running out into the forest.

I didn't waste any time lingering around. I quickly began to run north just as instructed. My body felt more full than it previously had because of the food. I was nowhere near full strength, but for now this would have to do.

I ran a mile or two before I suddenly doubled over, my head pounding with incredible force. I gasped, feeling my eyes about to burst from the pressure. Slowly and painfully the pressure increased, until I was on the ground with tears streaming down my face and the only sound you could hear was my cries of agony.

"You." I heard the Spirits whisper.

I tried to open my eyes but to no avail. The pain only increased, causing me to cry out even louder.

"The betrayer."

"Our own kind."

"She lied!"

I listened to the angry murmur's of my dead Sisters Spirits. I cried even harder when the pressure moved from my skull to my body. Every muscle in my body was screaming to be released, every cell begging for mercy but they weren't letting up. They were angry with me, I knew this, but this pain was too much. 

"Please Sisters." I sobbed, "Please have mercy on me. Please forgive me!" I shouted as the whisperers became louder, and the pain elevated.

"She should be punished."

"Suffer as we did!"

"Feel our pain!"

"Our sorrow!"

"Take away her emotions."

"Take away everything."

"Death is too kind!" 

The whispers became cries of anger. I screamed, gripping the ground hard with my hands. I felt my nails dig into the ground, the tears that left my eyes were red. I felt unbearable heat at my feet, even though the wind was strong. I risked opening my eyes only to see flames burning my skin.

"No! Sisters please!" I screeched, trying to undo the flames with my hands.

The cries of my Sisters went down to whispers and low murmurs that only I could hear.

"You must pay."

"We trusted you."

"No mercy."

I screamed as the pain continued up towards my body, slowly burning me. I tried crawling away, using whatever magic I had left but it was no use. I screamed out, wishing that someone would be able to hear me and save me from this torture.

But nobody did. The Sisters ignored my plea, keeping up with their promise. 

They showed no signs of mercy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Acta Sanctorum - Deed's of the Saints.

faciam quodlibet quod necesse est - I'll do whatever it takes

Aut neca, aut necare - Either kill or be killed.

mors omnibus - death to all

The Latin words are all in the order Meredith used. Hope you liked~ This is the new and improved prologue! Much better than the last! Enjoy lol~

Comment~ Fan~ Et Cetera~ If you want! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 3.5K 47
***Complete***Book 3 in a series involving the same group of friends** Andrew Miller had a difficult upbringing and as a result his friends are his f...
21.5K 557 42
[FINISHED] ____________________________________ Whenever a bad thing occurs, someone would always say "Look at the bright side!" or "Look at the silv...
3.8K 158 21
When Meredith was dating Andrew, she finally started to believe in love again. After trying to stop the sex traffickers no one knows what happened to...