BOOK 3: The Seventeen Heirs S...

By WynnthLnn

Like an enigma, her mind is an empty incomplete mess. Lee Jae Kyung wants to unveil the memories her brain ha... More

1: Domineer
2: SCRUTINY
3: MONEYMAN
4: VENGEANCE
5: ADRIFT
6: RIPOSTE
7: WHEEZE
8: BANQUET
9: CONVICT
10: DAME
11: EMIR
12: CLANDESTINES
13: CLOSED PORTALS
NOTES
14: FRIDAY DARKNESS
15: DELUGE
16: WRING
17: HUNT
18: HEED
19: COMPOSITIONS
20: CASCADE
21: RESPLENDENT
22: FERAL
23: STEALTH
24: OSCILLATE
25: TAUNT
26: REVIVE
27: PARIS FRANCE
28: CITY OF LOVE
29: GLITCH
30: BITCH
31: COVET
32: ENTHRALL
33: SEA
34: WEDDED
35: WELL DONE
36: STAB
37: ZILCH
38: SHOOT
40: FINALE
41: POINTLESS
42: BUT WHY
43: MAIM
44: ASHER RAIN
45: HIT
46: COLOSSUS
47: ANXIETY
48: WOEBEGONE
49: FURY
50: LACERATE
51: PREMIER
52: EVANESCENCE
53: CONSTANCY
54: CRADLE
55: HIS LOST VOW
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU πŸ’™πŸ’™

39: DENUDE

6.1K 185 180
By WynnthLnn

Jae Kyung woke up the next day feeling so light she thought she could levitate in the air. Jeonghan still love her. It's true that his ways of expressing it and showing her might have changed, but his feelings have always been there.

She opened her eyes when she felt that Jeonghan's not beside her. Her brows creased when she saw it was only seven in the morning. Where is he this early in the morning?

She got out of bed, not minding the pain on her whole body, especially the part in between her thighs. Making love with her husband gets more intense every time, she thought she couldn't keep up with it. But last night, it was soulful and . . . raw. She felt his love and it seemed to complete the missing puzzle in her life.

She hurriedly held the nearest wall when she felt her surroundings spinning. She breathe in and out so many times because she felt something's mixing inside her stomach.

Did she catch a bug?

She stood still for a while until the dizziness disappeared. Maybe her body was just shock with her sudden movement.

She entered the bathroom and hurriedly took a shower and changed later on. She wore her gypsy white dress and flats. She was about to get out of their room when she remembered her phone.

She got it and saw Jeonghan's message.

Jeonghan: Morning, sweetheart. I'm sorry, I can't join you and your friends today. I have a appointment today. Eat your breakfast without me. I'll be back later.

His appointment seems to be too early.

She kept her phone and went out. She won't think of that now. After all that happened last night, after all that has been said, there's should be no room for doubt anymore.

She then found Irene at the dining area. She's alone.

"Good morning, Jae! Come, join me."

"Where are the others?" She asked while seating down. She looked at the table. There are still unused plates.

"They're already done. It's me you and the maknae line, apparently. They're still drooling on their pillows right this moment, I bet. Anyway, where's Han Oppa? He hasn't eaten yet."

"He left early."

Irene looked at her. "This early? Where is he going?"

She lifted one shoulder. "I don't know. I didn't ask him."

She felt her face burn when Irene stared at her. She realized how pathetic that sounded, even to her own ears.

She's his wife. That's why she has the right to ask him.

But . . . why didn't she?

They heard footsteps and saw the others coming. Some of them were yawning while they're stretching their arms while in their sleepwear. And some are already dressed up like Chan, Mingyu, Minghao and Vernon.

"Seriously, Chan? You're wearing jumper?"

The youngest one's brow pricked and messed up his already messed up hair as if not minding Irene criticizing his outfit.

"And what about it? I like them. They're cute."

"How about minion shirts? You have them too?"

Chan just smirked before he smiled at Jae Kyung. "Minions are cute, and baymax too, right? I thought girls like them."

"Your girlfriend gave that to you?" Irene said while laughing.

"Hey, why are you laughing? Mom bought this for me. I'll tell you to her."

Irene's eyes widened and even she almost choked on her food. The rest of the men just chuckled.

"You're kidding!" Irene exclaimed.

"You can ask Cheol Hyung. She used to buy for them too." Chan said. Making the other boys smirk and shake their heads.

"Oh right, I saw Han Hyung before he left. You were looking for him?" Seungkwan said while biting on his sausage.

Irene's eyebrow raised on him. "Why? Did he tell you where he's going?"

Seungkwan shrugged. "Not really. I don't think he saw me. But maybe he just dropped by Eunha. I heard she's stayed in the clinic last night."

Jae Kyung's eyes stayed at the food while listening.

Is it true? Jeonghan left early just to check on Eunha at the clinic?

She doubts it. Jeonghan hated Eunha too much. Even she, she can't stop the anger building inside her knowing what Eunha did to them before. She was a mercenary behind that sleek suit. She's too in love with Jeonghan that she could do those horrible, unthinkable things to them.

"Clinic?" Irene stopped from drinking her juice and eyed her brothers, interest filled her eyes. "What's she doing there? Did something happen to her?"

"She almost drowned yesterday." Mingyu said.

Oh, right. Irene wasn't there when the commotion happened. With her reaction now, Jae Kyung suspects that she would probably enjoy the show yesterday.

A sweet smile appeared on her face. "And where was I when that happened? It's a shame I didn't saw that. It would have been fun to watch. Anyway, I didn't expect she couldn't swim. That woman might just be acting up."

Vernon signaled Jae Kyung not to listen to Irene. She just gave him a small smile, but in her mind, she was already processing what Irene said.

What if Eunha was just throwing an act?

"You're being lunatic again, sis." Minghao said.

"Don't ever underestimate desperate women, brothers." Irene said. "Let me guess, Han Oppa tried to save her, did he?"

"What do you think? She's his friend."

"Ugh!" Irene irritatingly poked her sandwich. "Friend my ass! Then Oppa checked on her this early? Wow! Should I visit to her too? That damn of a woman."

Jae Kyung silently chewed her food. Apparently, Irene really hates Eunha too.

Irene pulled out an irritated sigh. "Who does she think she is, anyway? She's acting like a girlfriend as always. She clearly knows that Han Oppa is married, right?"

Seokmin sighed and talked for the very first time. "Come on, Rene. Han Hyung was just really worried for Eunha. Not a biggie."

"I just can't trust that woman again, and Han Oppa should know better."

She caught up on how Mingyu and Seokmin glanced at her. "That was long time ago, Rene. Besides, Jae Kyung's here." Mingyu said, massaging his forehead. It seems like their little sister's giving them an early headache.

"Still. I still can't believe she could spread rumors like that. How could she even say that she's our brother's fiance in front of many people? That they're engaged? And she even had the guts to fool us? Even Mom, she made her believe. Jeonghan Oppa was even forced to admit that lie for the sake of business. If Mom tolerates what that woman is doing, well, I won't. I don't forgive liars that easily."

"Joohyun." Seokmin reprimanded. His voice was full of authority just like how Seungcheol speaks and the rest of the brothers have their serious faces, sleepiness completely vanished.

Silence wrapped all of them. The atmosphere suddenly felt awkward. The men can't look at her in the eyes, while Irene bit her lips while looking down, probably thinking about what she just said.

"I'm sorry." Irene said as she held her hands "I was just carried away. But that was long ago. I trust my brother. Even if he played the role for a while, I know he loves you, even those times you're away from each other. So you don't really have to think much of that. That was years ago."

She smiled to assure her that it was nothing.

But to not think about it . . . That, she can't do. Her head was already spinning, it no longer listen to her.

She volunteered to clean the table after they ate. That's when Nauen arrived at their villa.

"Where's Mina?"

"I left her at our cabin. I told her I'll just buy us breakfast. We need someone to distract her."

She felt frustrated. She should be thinking about their surprise right now, but something's inside her head. Something was bothering her. And she can't decipher what it is. But she had a feeling that it has something to do with what Irene said.

She couldn't seem to link up some things. Like something's missing from the puzzle.

She sighed. Maybe that's just because of her being comatose for a long time that she didn't know what Jeonghan said, and Irene too.

"Jae? Are you even listening to me?"

She stared blankly at Nauen. But good thing Vernon, Seungkwan and Chan arrived before she could spill the beans.

"What's up?" Seungkwan stood in front of Nauen. Now he's wearing white polo and shorts. Nauen's staring at the brooding alphas while not even blinking.

"It's Mina's birthday?" Vernon asked.

"We planned on surprising her later tonight. The problem is, we need help." She said.

The three men smiled. "Well, I guess we can help."

Her afternoon was spent with preparing for Mina's birthday surprise. Vernon and Seungkwan helped on distracting Mina while she, Nauen and Chan helped each other for their surprise. What Mina know is that Vernon and Seungkwan would tour her all over the resort and ride a Jet Ski.

What she just wishes is that her friend won't fall for Seungkwan as he's a fun guy and most especially not to Vernon. She knows her. Mina falls in love quickly, and she had no doubt he could charm her so easily. They're the Choi heirs after all.

Aside from Chan, Irene helped them too. She's the one who suggested doing the surprise at the near island and bringing Mina there.

She told Jeonghan everything they did and planned. He even called when she said that they're be riding something like a fast craft to get to the island quickly.

"Just take care, okay? Don't stay under the sun for too long. You might get dizzy again." He even instructed.

When the evening came, Vernon and Seungkwan took Mina to the island. The whole place was decorated with lanterns when they arrived. With a bonfire to shed them light. The food was just simple but the surprise got to Mina. She seemed so surprised and overwhelmed.

She was too happy, even if she knows they're going to surprise her. It could've spoiled the fun, but Irene made sure she won't expect the island treat. If she's not around and the boys, they would've settled with something very simple with less expense.

She suddenly forget all of her other thoughts. Keeping herself busy had seemed to help her thoughts at bay.

They even asked Seungcheol's permission that they're not going to eat dinner with them since they would be eating there and he said it's completely fine. She wonders if Jeonghan was at the villa at this moment. Did he already arrive? Or was he still out?

Jae Kyung put down her paper plate and took out her phone. She typed a message for Jeonghan.

Jae Kyung: Have you eaten already?

He immediately replied.

Jeonghan: Yep. You? How's the party coming?

Jae Kyung: We're about to eat. We're with Irene, Vernon, Seungkwan and Chan. You want to come?

Jeonghan: I'll try to catch up.

She sighed and put her phone down. Now that she's not doing anything, she could clearly feel her husband's absence. She realized she hadn't seen him the whole day. She missed him.

Well, nevermind. She will see him when they get back. But she hoped he could come tonight.

She ate and listened to the other's stories.

Mina seemed very happy tonight. It was a good thing that Nauen and Mina were not to awkward with Irene. They seemed to be very close because of their same interest in cosmetics and fashion. She would laugh everytime Irene and Seungkwan would diss each other. The two won't ever stop bickering.

"Woohoooo!" They all exclaimed when Vernon starting strumming the guitar. They brought Jisoo's guitar as a part of their birthday surprise.

It was past 10 pm when their celebration ended and they all went back to the resort.

They were still far but they could clearly see a man standing at the shore line. He's wearing a white open polo and a white vest inside. And his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows while the wind makes his open polo dance at his sides.

He stopped walking and turned to face the approaching boat. He tilted his head and put his hands inside his pockets.

"Wow, Jae. He really waited for you." Mina was giggling while whispering to her as they approach Jeonghan.

Jeonghan immediately helped them down when the bot came to a stop. He surprised her when he held her waist and lifted her off the boat without much effort.

"Hi." He greeted before he kissed her on the lips. She even heard someone clearing his throat. "I missed you."

She smiled while hugging him. "Did you just arrive?"

"I'm supposed to be on my way to the island, but Rene told me you're on your way back."

He smiled to Nauen and Mina when they all went down. He greeted Mina too and shook her hands while still hugging her.

Irene kissed him on his cheek while Vernon, Seungkwan and Chan thumped a fist onto his shoulder as a greeting. The four bid their goodbye to Nauen and Mina before they left.

"Happy birthday again." Vernon greeted Mina again before he kissed the top of her hand.

"Someone's not going to sleep tonight." Nauen teased. "Then , we'll go ahead. We'll be leaving early tomorrow."

"Thank you for this day, Jae, Mr. President. You agreed for us to come here. Wow, I'm just too happy today! Best birthday ever!"

"Oh, shush! You're just happy because of Vernon."

Mina just made face at Nauen.

"We'll go ahead, Jae." Nauen nodded at Jeonghan and her husband smiled at her. "Make sure to text me, hmm?"

She watched her friends while they mess with each other on their way to their cabin.

"They really seemed so happy."

She turned to Jeonghan. He's also smiling while looking at her friends.

Looking at him made her think about what Irene said this morning.

"How's Eunha?" She casually asked. Jeonghan's arm stayed on her shoulders while they walk to the villa. The night air was cold but Jeonghan kept her warm.

"I guess she's alright. The medic said she already left this morning."

She looked up to him. "You didn't check on her this morning?"

"Why would I?" His forehead creased as he looked down on her. "We've already talked enough."

Oh. So who did he talk with all day long?

"Did you meet a client today?"

He slightly hesitated before answering. "Not really. He's a friend. We just needed to talk about something important that's why it took long."

"It sounds serious."

"Well . . ." His eyes are holding meaning while looking at her before he sighed. "It's just frustrating that he can't find the answers to my questions."

She slightly laughed don what he said. "Is that his job? To find answers on you questions?" That's a vague job.

He smiled indulgently at her. "Yep. It's his job."

Her brow pricked as she suppressed her smile. "Is he some kind of clue finder? An investigator? What is your question about? Maybe I can help you."

"I think you might know too."

She noticed the catch in his voice, but he was already talking about something before she could ask.

When they reached the villa, his phone rang. She quickly caught who was his caller before he moved away to answer it.

"You go ahead, I'll be there after this." He said and turned back.

She nodded obediently and continued walking upstairs and into their room.

PJ. Who really is PJ? Business client? Colleague? He seemed to be an important person to have him calling Jeonghan in his private number during his vacation.

She went to their closet and chose some nighties and a silk short to go with it and spread them on their bed. Her clothes are getting lesser each day. If they would stay there for more days, she'd have to wash her laundry soon.

She went in the bathroom and prepared a tub bath. While in her bubble bath she heard the door open outside. Maybe Jeonghan's already done with his call.

She stayed in the tub for about fifteen minutes before she completely got out of the bathroom. She saw Jeonghan silently sitting on their bed. His head remained low when she called him.

"I'm done. You might want to use the bathroom?"

She was confused when he didn't move. She tied her robe securely around her waist and went around the bed to reach for her clothes.

"Wait."

She stopped from picking her clothes and turned to Jeonghan. There was something wrong in his voice. He sounded angry.

Was he?

She had the urge to straighten her back when he stealthily stood; it felt like watching a wolf rising up. His entire body was reeking with tension.

Did something happen? Why was he suddenly acting strange?

Jeonghan slowly walked in front of her and her heartbeat rose when she saw his eyes.

His eyes were hard and unreadable. His taut lips and grim, unforgiving face made her heartbeat race from sudden . . . fear.

"Take that thing off." He said in a tightly leashed anger.

Her heartbeat rose even more and her chest was covered with nervousness and fear. He couldn't know it, could he?

His jaw clenched when she didn't move. He took a predatory step forward and it forced her to take a step back, and she could already feel the cold wall remaining still behind her, offering her no escape. She couldn't flee. She's at a dead end.

Jeonghan stopped at an arm length from her. Now, she could see his face clearly and how he's trying to control his anger.

"Take it off or I will rip it." He warned slowly with his teeth clenched.

She took one shaky step behind, her heart felt like running away from her. "Han . . ."

He growled and, like a furious wolf, he launched at her with his claws tearing her robe down. She didn't stop him until she got her all naked.

He uncovered her now. Her dirty little secret was no longer a cross to bear. It was laid for him to see.

She shut her eyes closed when she heard him let out a harsh sigh. God! She wished this was a dream. A nightmare. That when she open her eyes, Jeonghan was not there, looking at her with those cold murderous eyes.

But the chilly air prickling her skin was telling her that this was no dream. This was a nightmare in reality.

"Explain to me why you have that." He's slow in saying the words but with emphasis.

She opened her eyes and she wanted to shut it close again. His face was brutally angry. Fear is eating her whole. She was barely breathing.

He narrowed his wild eyes on her. "Why do you have that scar, Jae Kyung? Tell me!" He demanded.

Her lips quivered. She can't help but tear up. She pulled her robe over her body to hide her scar from his insidious gaze. She sat on the bed because her legs were shaking and about to give out. She doesn't know how to tell that to Jeonghan. She didn't even know where to start. How to start.

"It's not true, is it? You're not . . ."

He didn't finish the next word. Like as if it's a bomb that if he's going to say it, it will explode on them.

Her lips trembled and her head jerked in a nod. With all her might, she met his angry eyes.

"But I lost him . . ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 132 17
Wen Junhui; cold hearted jock who only cares about himself, teammates, and family but, in reality is a softie Xu Minghao; the soft but, sassy fashio...
69.7K 3K 21
β€’ jeonghan x seungcheol vampire au β€’ jeonghan had always been paler than everyone else and everyone liked to pick on him until one day a boy named se...
246K 9.3K 59
Mia Kazzandra Song - Heiress of INNERCIRCLE Empire - is the very loved youngest child of the Song's . Oh yes! She relished her fame and basked in her...
8.2K 302 22
- Jeonghan and Joshua are friends at first, but the attraction between the two boys is strong, much too strong. So much so that every night they secr...