Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter LXII

5.8K 128 15
By DreamingToBe17

A few weeks have already passed and I still haven't seen Cayden. Not that I want to see him, but maybe seeing a glimpse of him would make me feel better because I know that he's already better.

We haven't really crossed paths with each other since I got the news from Logan and Noah that Cayden has been discharged from the hospital.

I went to the boutique where my mom got her dressed fix. Turns out she back down Liam's offer of buying her a thousand dollar wedding dress. The dressmaker needs my measurements (again) for a dress that my mom has picked out for me to wear to her wedding.

My mom thought that I lost weight and wants me to go to Lorraine's boutique just to make sure that the size of the dress fits well perfectly. Although I haven't seen the dress my mom picked out for me. But, I have seen her wedding dress.

"Hey, how ya doin'?" Lorraine has a southern accent. I smile at her greeting as I placed my bag on the couch.

"I'm good. So, I see that your boutique is now quite famous in this part of the town. Got any customers that are high fashionistas?" I asked her as I scan the boutique with my eyes. Lorraine grabs her measuring tape and starts measuring my hips.

"I did! I got a special order from a rich lady that is willing to pay twice as the usual price that I gave her for her dress, " She says as she starts writing all the measurements on her little notebook.

Lorraine is one of my mom's closest friends she made here. She was the first person to welcome us in the neighborhood. She lived a few blocks away from our house but her boutique is quite far from ours.

"Thanks to your mom's boyfriend, my boutique has been selling out since!" she says, "Alright. I got your measurements. I'll just be adjusting the zipper from the back since you've lost some weight."

"Oh? So, when will you deliver us the dresses?" I asked as I grab my bag on the couch. Lorraine looks at her little notebook and looks back at me.

"By tomorrow. All of the dresses are ready, I just have to adjust your size, " She said and I smiled at her. "Now, I'll see you guys on Monday."

Right, Monday. Two days left and It's going to be my mom's wedding. Two days left and its official that my new dad is Liam and my step-brothers are Cayden and Will.

"Are you excited for your mom's wedding?" Lorraine asks as I turn around, gave her a last look before leaving the boutique.

"Ecstatic," I comment, even though It's obvious that I'm being sarcastic about it.

I left the boutique and decided to head down to my favorite coffee shop. I seriously am addicted to the smell and taste of coffee, which makes me a coffee lover, of course. I hopped in my car and turned on the engine, I start driving.

I think about Cayden as I drive alone. It feels lonely without him but, I made the right decision. This is for the best, the betterment of our lives. I can't just choose a boy over my mom, that's the least I could do, especially when it comes to choosing between my mom and Cayden.

Although, I miss those precious moments we had—that we both shared. The time he gave me new shoes, took me to his special place and the time when we first kissed, calling me his and me, making the bad boy, himself, fall in love with the girl who never even once tried hard enough.

He loved everything that I see as a mistake and those mistakes that I did. He truly believed in me and he opened up his heart once again, just to love me. Am I just going to give up?

Yes and no. I did not give up because I don't love him anymore, I gave up because my mother's happiness is way more important than mine.

Stop being selfless. Stop being selfless. Cayden's words kept on repeating inside my head. Stop being selfless. Stop being selfless. If he only knew how much I wanted to have a family again.

But you can make your own family, with him.

I shake my head as I step out of the car. I went into the coffee shop and ordered myself some Latte to drink on the way home. I waited for the barista to finish making my drink. After a few minutes, I paid for my drink and left.

My phone starts ringing. I unlocked the car and went inside as I placed the coffee on a cup holder beside the steering wheel. I fish inside my bag to grab my phone and I slide to answer the call.

"Hey, mom?" I said as I placed the keys in the ignition and started the engine. I set my bag on the passenger seat. I placed my phone on the dashboard and clicked the speaker.

"Where are you?" She asks as I start driving on the highway, ready to go home.

"I'm about to go home. Why? Do you need me to buy anything for you?" I asked as I stop the car and waited for the light to turn green.

"Oh, no. Just checking. How are the dresses by the way?" She asks.

"They're in perfect condition and Lorraine told me that she'll be delivering them by tomorrow, " I said as I started driving once again. Few more minutes and I'll be back at the hotel.

We moved out of Cayden's house and we're staying at a hotel near their house. She didn't want Liam to see the dress and see my mom wearing it, because they said it's bad luck but I know that it's not.

"So, how are things between you and Cayden?" Mom asks as I pursed my lips and started driving fast. "Are you guys okay? Is he okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it, " I told her. Ever since my confession about my feelings towards Cayden and my mom heard it after, I became a little bit distant lately. I didn't want it to be a big deal for my mom and I didn't want to pressure her because I have these feelings for Liam's son.

"Well, okay. I'll be out late, you just order room service. Okay?" She says as I pull over at the hotel.

"Yeah. Take care, bye."

I grabbed my bag and hopped out of the car as I walked towards the entrance of the hotel and was greeted by the receptionist. I clicked the button of the elevator and waited.

I got inside and clicked the number 3, where our room is located. The elevator starts playing some elevator music and I don't know why, but it's kind of pleasing.

Walked out of the elevator and started walking towards the end of the hallway. I start searching for the room key and when I grabbed the key in my bag, I unlocked the door.

Before I entered, I saw a white envelope on the floor. I squat down to grab it and enter the room, closing the door behind me. I walked towards my room and flicked, open the lights. I placed my bag on the table and collapsed on the hotel bed.

I look at the envelope. There were no writings on it. Maybe it was for my mom but I decided to open it, just to check if it was for her. I pulled out the note and saw my name on it.

Dear Hailey,

I'm leaving for San Francisco tomorrow. Just wanted you to know that I'll be leaving for my second year of college. I'll see you soon and I wish you all the best.

P.S.
I'll never forget everything.

It was a letter from Caleb, the guy who told me a story about our blurry childhood.

I put the letter on the table beside my bed and rested. Two more days. My mom's getting married and I'm slowly starting to get scared of letting go of my old life to start a brand new life with Liam and his children.

My phone rings. I sat up and grabbed my phone from the table beside the bed, I checked the caller ID and saw Amelia's name on it. I slide my phone to answer.

"Hey!" She greets.

"What's up?" I asked and I let her talk. Amelia is one of the flower girls at the wedding, which is weird because I haven't seen a 17-year-old girl throwing flowers at a wedding.

"I'm going to pick you up, let's go to the arcades!" She says joyfully as I roll my eyes. I looked at the clock and grabbed my bag on the table. "I'll pick you up in 10."

"Make it a 5," I told her as I walk out of my room and grabbed a bottle of cold water before leaving the hotel room.

"Alright."

Two more days. Should I still let it all go—let him go? Should I just be happy for my mom and give up my own happiness? Should I just face on what's yet to come?

I have kept a lot of questions inside my head. Questions that remain unanswered and questions I want to answer, yet I am too scared of facing the consequences of my actions from the questions that I answered.

I opened the hotel room and closed the lights before leaving. I lock the room and walked towards the elevator as I press the button and wait for the lift to come up on my floor.

I entered after. Hearing the same elevator music again as I let my thoughts wander again. I have this question that I have been keeping to myself, inside my head.

Within two days, everything will change. The question is... will it change for the better?

***
I made some changes, including the title. I will be editing the chapters for better reading. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share this story with your friends.

Carry on and Happy Reading!~

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 388 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
106K 2.8K 40
Brady Parker. The best hockey player Holloway University had seen in years. He was essentially guaranteed a position on any professional team he want...
3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...
1.1M 40.5K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...