The Dragon's Captive

By nova_genesis

(X-posted from fanfiction.net) Yuya is a boy upon a village. No one likes him because he is weird, and he was... More

Chapter 1: The Weird Kid
Prologue
Chapter 2: Chased Out and Captured
Chapter 3: Why Won't You Speak?
Chapter 4: Story Of The Past
Chapter 5: To Conquer Your Fear
Chapter 6: The Mysterious Stranger
Chapter 7: Explanation and Freedom
Chapter 8: A Day In Town
Chapter 10: Captured While Flirting
Chapter 11: The Rescue of The Lover
Chapter 12: Destruction of The Trapped
Chapter 13: The Finale

Chapter 9: Realizations and Confessions

498 19 7
By nova_genesis

WOOHHHH ITS BEEN A LONG TIME READERS BUT IM BACKKKK AND CONTINUING 'TDC'!! IM SORRY TO HAVE ALL KEPT YOU WAITING! I MISSED ALL OF YOU! And yes I would like to apologize for the long hiatus, sue my writer's block. I just got back once again to write stories and hoping that I've improved just slightly.Thank you to all loyal readers for never giving up on this story! So anyways! Onwards! -XxDPxX

_

"Realizations and Confessions"

It was early in the morning and Yuya woke up, feeling refreshed from his sleep. The memory of last night still put an ache in his heart, with all those sad animals who performed who would ever forget that? He really wanted to save those poor animals.

What he said last night to Yuto was forgotten like dust in the wind while he looked around the cave. It wasn't that menacing anymore. Speaking of which, where was Yuto right now?

The tomato haired teen scratched his head and stood up, walking around the spacious area, amidst the cool darkness of the cave confines. "Yuto? Where are you?" he called.

No reply. Maybe the dragon was out? That had to be it. Why else would there be no answer?

Yuya decided to wait for the dark dragon and instead went up to the surface to get some fresh air.

And to possibly think about what he felt for the dragon.

A warm blush spread across the teen's cheek as he scurried off to go to the surface, using the cave walls to locate where he was going.

_

Meanwhile, in the forest, Yuto was plucking out fruits from the trees, his mind whirring in a flurry of thoughts. He was in a daze, Yuya's word ringing in his mind, loud and clear. "Yuya.." he mumbled, sighing softly to himself.

It was no surprise for Yuto that he would fall for his young charge. He wondered if Yuya just knew how it had affect him so much. Who wouldn't be smitten or ever fall if they ever saw the young man hiding behind that mask? Yuto had seen how Yuya's eyes would light up at simple things and how his contagious laughs could brighten any dark days (he wondered if the villagers ever saw him as he had seen the boy).

Those were only bonuses in his opinion though and Yuto had come to realize that he loved everything about his lovely charge.

The dragon found himself quirking a smile in his human form. Silly him, why didn't he realize it earlier?

His ears perked when he heard a rustle in the bush and turned his head to the noise, seeing a wild boar emerge. Huh... Yuya was human and Yuto was a dragon...

So that means they needed meat. And meat was a necessity for both dragons and humans.

Yuto's grew orbs narrowed, his nails turning into sharp taloned claws. He dropped his basket and crouched, then lunged at the startled creature.

A shrill squeal was heard in the area as Yuto dug his claws on the flesh of the boar. Humans would not mind the noise since they would only think that a hunter was going out to get food.

The animal struggled for a moment then was still, falling dead on the ground, blood coating the now green grass. Yuto's talons retracted and turned back to human hands, the digits coated with thick, viscous, red liquid.

Yuto sighed and decided he'd have to do something about the slaughtered animal. He could cut it into pieces? Yeah, maybe. Yuto knelt down and began doing so.

He pushed away all the thoughts of his feelings for now.

~In Another Place~

There was a snicker filled with poison and menace hidden in the thick veil of darkness, a glowing, looking mirror showing an image of a boy lazing under the cool summer breeze. It was none other than Yuya who was being watched. The dark figure reached to the glass leeringly, a lusty canined smile creeping past the dark silhoutted figure, grinning like a madman. "Soon...soon you will be mine." it whispered.

"MINE YOU HEAR?!"

A cackle echoed chillingly in the dim space, the air picking up and then dying as the maniacal laughter continued.

_

Yuya was currently settled on the rock, sitting comfly on the flat surface. He was humming to himself, ignoring the ghost that were scurrying around and looking at him curiously. They didn't touch him atleast and the crimson eyed teen was grateful.

He was thinking about Yuto again. The dark dragon was interesting and maybe a hint of being mysterious. Yuya found that he quite liked (or was it love?) this mystery, this puzzle he had yet to solve and the teen was quite fond in trying to solve mysteries.

An unconcious hum ripped free from his throat as he sat up straighter when he heard wing beats. His eyes lit up. Could it be Yuto?

His guess was right. It was Yuto and he was carrying something in his jaw, a basket it seemed. Yuya rushed off to meet him, giddy and excited. The apparitions who were skulking around saw the dragon's arrival and rushed off to hide.

"Yuto!!" Yuya cried out in glee as the dragon landed on his haunches then his front paws, shifting quickly into his human form. He was wearing his usual cloak and pants and was carrying the thin handle of the basket on his strong jaw still.

Yuya tried not to stare. He had to admit, Yuto looked so alluring.

The dragon now shape shifted into a human got the basket away from his mouth, grasping the handle with his hand and slightly gagging. He sighed and massaged his jaw, glad that the pressure was gone. He turned to Yuya, eyes warm.

"Hello Yuya," he greeted smoothly. Yuya's cheeks warmed and he found himself fidgeting. "Hi Yuto. Where were you earlier?" there was concern in his voice.

"Oh," He handed Yuya the basket, letting him see the contents inside. It was chopped meat, vegetables, and fruits. "Sorry for worrying you but I got you these. I hope you don't mind, since I know you need sustenance."

Yuya grinned and Yuto blushed, feeling captivated as the teen got the basket.

"Thank you so much! Now we can cook this and have ourselves a feast!" he cheered. Yuto chuckled, feeling his heart pulse. "Of course."

"Can you start making a bonfire while I prepare these? Pleasseeee?" Yuya pleaded and Yuto instantly caved in.

"Why not?"

_

After cooking their breakfast, it was already mid-morning when Yuya and Yuto had situated themselves. The fruits and meat was already infront of them and they proceeded to eat.

Yuya was in the middle of stuffing his face with the scrumptious food when Yuto's voice cut through. "Hey Yuya?"

Yuya hummed and turned to Yuto, swallowing his food. "Yeah? What is it?"

The dragon bit his bottom lip and looked away, face flushing. "Can I--uh--talk to you later? This evening? I have something to tell you." he stuttered. Yuya's nervousness kick started and he halted eating. "Is it...bad??" he whispered, the grey eyes widened and the other male shook his head furiously. "No! Of course not! I promise it's not bad news!"

His voice was filled with conviction and certainty that Yuya had a hard time on not believing him. There was a long silence before a nod was given to his once captor now friend. "Okay."

Yuto smiled nervously, Yuya smiled back. And so the meal went.

_

Night time arrived and everything was deathly silent, except the occasional chirping of the nightly creatures.

Yuya was perched up on the cliff of the mountain, letting his legs dangle on the edge. He was waiting for Yuto to come out, staring blankly at the twinkling stars above the heavens.

How he wished that he could reach them.

The tomato haired teen heard some shuffling behind him and he saw his companion come out, looking calm and collected, yet what was happening inside Yuto was the complete opposite. He was having the jitters. The dragon sauntered over to the crimson eyed teen and sat down besides him, looking up at the stars.

"Sorry for the wait." he started after a moment of silence, Yuya inclined his head, smiling softly. "It's fine. I mean, it's not like i'm going anywhere. My home is here now." he explained, Yuto chuckled.

There was another silence, this one slightly tense.

"About earlier..."

"Hmm..?"

Yuto bit his lips. "You're probably wondering why I asked you that we talk tonight, about what and why. Well..."

Yuya was patient even though he could feel his nervousness settle in his system. "Well... Yeah, thats true. What is the reason though?" he asked.

Yuto shifted slightly, crossing his legs and sighing. "I heard what you said about me, about your feelings..." he uttered.

Yuya's eyes widened and he could feel his heart lurch painfully and his voice catch up in his throat. "O-Oh..." he squeaked out. Yuto turned to him, hearing the tension in his voice and he was alarmed as Yuya turned away from him.

The dragon tried speaking. His voice came out in splutters.

"I...I'm not saying that I don't..." he stuttered and cursed then huffed. "Oh for all the gods' sake i'm in love with you!" he wanted to scream but found that his voice had caught up in his throat.

Yuya stood up and began to turn. "Its fine.." he mumbled and began to walk. Yuto could not risk that and caught Yuya's wrist, snatching it and grasping it tightly but not enough to hurt the other male.

"No wait. Please stay.." the raven haired male pleaded, his voice weak. Yuya tensed slightly but stayed still, still not turning to the dragon.

"I...I really want to tell you but I don't know where to start.." he croaked out, feeling Yuya glance at him. He looked up, sincerity and desperation shining in his gray orbs.

"Yuya Sakaki, with everything I have, I promise to protect you and cherish you. With every fiber of my being I have found that you are a kind hearted person, you are smart, innovative, and just plain sweet,"

Yuya could feel his face flush at every word as he stared at Yuto, crimson and gray clashing.

"Those villagers are nothing but fools if they have driven you out of their hometown, they don't see how kind and considerate you are. What i'm saying is...that... I adore you and love you for who you are." Yuto declared, his stare never wavering.

Yuya blushed furiously.

His hand fell away languidly from Yuto's grip. "I... Wow..." he sputtered, speechless from the declaration. He gulped. Yuto started to feel that he was on edge.

Yuya tucked a stray green lock away from his face and sighed, he turned to Yuto and smiled, eyes glistening. "I'm..just shocked that you would say that to me.. I mean, no one has ever declared their love to me.. sooo...I'm not sure on what to answer." he answered honestly.

The dragon gulped and twiddled with his fingers it looked like he was about to turn back into his dragon form in nervousness. "Then i'll wait. If you'd let me, would you allow me the honor of courting you?" his voice hitched.

Yuya could feel the flush increase tenfold and hid his face on his palms, quivering slightly that it made Yuto worry.

"Yuya...?" He inquired, starting to feel on edge.

"...Yes." Yuya butted in.

The dragon blinked, his slitted pupils dilating in surprise. "Come again?"

Yuya mumbled and said much louder. "I said yes. I'll accept your courtship." he declared.

Before the teen could even react, he was wrapped up in an embrace, Yuto burying his head on the tomato haired male's shoulder. Yuya tensed at the touch, still not quite used to it but slowly returning the gesture, his arms weaving round the strong shoulders of the dragon.

"Thank you. I won't let you down and I certainly won't leave you, not until my last breath." Yuto murmured, face hidden from view.

Yuya smiled. "If you say so, Yuto."

They stayed in their intimate embrace, underneath the moonless night, wrapped in the new found love that they would be unfolding together.

_

WOOHHHHH ITS A NEW CHAPTERRRRR! Thank you so much for all your patience guys! I love you all! Here's fluff for you! and i'll be updating as soon as I can QwQ sooo yeehhh!! Enjoy dear dreamers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 256 10
Paradise Prep are putting on Cinderella as the school play this year but with a modern-day twist. Yuya somehow ends up with the role as Cinderella an...
51.9K 1.3K 7
One should always be careful when Making Friends. Especially with Strangers in the middle of the night. However Yuu through all that to the side when...
68.8K 2.9K 18
Yugi always loved snow. Except when it prevented him from leaving his house. But because of the snow, he saw his new neighbour in the attic through h...
3.5K 33 9
Are vampires myth's? Are they legend? Or are they real? Yuya sakaki a girl of high school one day finds herself at the mercy of a vampire who has li...