A Simple Mistake || Ashton Ir...

Por crazy_nashi

Mia is fresh out of high school, trying to find herself and where she belongs before she is shipped off to NY... Más

A Simple Mistake
Prologue
Part 1: Mia
Part 2: Ashton
Part 3: Mia
Part 4: Ashton
Part 5: Mia
Part 6: Ashton
Part 7: Mia
Part 8: Ashton
Part 10: Mia
Part 11: Ashton
Part 12: Ashton
Part 13: Ashton
Part 14: Mia
Part 15: Mia
Part 16: Mia
Part 17: Ashton
Part 18: Mia
Part 19: Ashton/Mia
Part 20: Mia/Ashton
Part 21: Mia/Ashton
Part 22: Mia
Part 23: Ashton/Mia
Part 24: Ashton
Part 25: Mia/Ashton
Part 26: Mia
Part 27: Ashton
Part 28: Mia
Author's Note: Playlist
Part 29: Mia
Part 30: Ashton
Part 31: Ashton
Part 32: Mia
Part 33: Ashton
Part 34: Mia
Part 35: Ashton
Part 36: Ashton
Author's Note
Part 37: Ashton
Part 38: Mia
Part 39: Ashton/Mia
Epilogue
Want more Ashton and Mia?

Part 9: Mia

1.4K 32 16
Por crazy_nashi

Playlist: Any Other Way by We The Kings –Someone Like You by The Summer Set – Summer Girl by Family of the Year – Made in the USA by Demi Lovato – I’d Lie by Taylor Swift – Catch Me by Demi Lovato

(FLASHBACK)

“That was the best pizza I have ever had.” I exclaimed as we walked together to my car (which he was driving, might I add). I could feel his arm brushing mine as we walked side by side through the parking lot.

“I told you!” He replied, his face adorned with a proud smile as he unlocked the car and opened the door for me.

A few days ago, after we had hung out at the beach, Ashton had presented his case of why he deserved a chance at a date. His strongest arguments? He was sorry for dumping me into the ocean and he knew where to get the best pizza in all of LA. I couldn’t help but cave in and say yes, even if that wasn’t something I would normally do.

I watched him as he ran in front of the car towards the driver’s seat, his black t-shirt clinging to his biceps as he did. His phone was already in his hand ready to plug it in because my car radio was crap, instead I quickly grabbed it before he had a chance to take control of the music.

“I’m in charge of the music now.” I told him teasingly with a grin and plugged in my own, his safely out of reach for the remainder of the car ride back to the hotel.

“Are you going to start playing Katy Perry and Taylor Swift?” He asked, his nose scrunching up as he pulled out of the car park.

“Can you trust my music taste, please?” I teased him, searching through my music library for something good. Something that would impress mister punk rock and show him that you didn’t need to be a musician to know about music.

“Is it the same as your friend Heather? When we went to the beach all she did was play songs from musicals.” He pointed out.

“Musicals are very cultural, you know?” I countered, earning a smirk from him.

“You like them, don’t you?” He teased, glancing over at me with his hazel eyes.

“Like them? Are you kidding me? I love them!” I gave him a toothy grin before I looked down to continue my search.

“Oh God, you’re going to play musical songs too!” He huffed cutely, pretending to be all upset about it.

“No, now shush!” I murmured, as I opened up my We The Kings. My brows furrowing as I read through the song list, trying to make a choice. I could feel his eyes on me every few seconds, the silence in the car obvious since he had obeyed me.

Almost instantly the car was filled with the sound of Any Other Way playing, volume going up a notch or two after I had pressed play. My eyes instantly falling to him as I saw him taking in the words, the rhythm, the style…

When the song had reached about a minute and a half, I noticed his fingers begin to twitch against the staring wheel before he began to drum them against the soft leather.

“You like it.” I pointed out with a proud grin.

“Fine, I’ll admit it! I like it.” He said as he flashed a grin my way.

The remainder of the car ride was spent with me introducing him to new bands he had never heard and the two of us singing along to All Time Low. I had never felt so free and relaxed in my life. Let alone, comfortable with a stranger. I realized he was a normal teen like me. He liked pizza, watching films and singing along to his favorite bands.

“I don’t want you to go yet.” He murmured as we walked through the lobby. “I still have a few bands I want you t listen to.” I chuckled softly and shook my head.

“And you want to keep listening to music tonight?” I asked.

“Why not?” He countered with a smile, his hand softly touching mine before he held it. I looked down and stared at our touching skin, the way my hand was smaller and paler than his.

“Fine…” I murmured, looking up to meet his eyes. “A few more songs.” I agreed, mostly because I also didn’t want the night to end. This was the best date I had been in a while and it was hard to find somebody who shared your music taste.

With a triumphant grin he guided me back to his bedroom and not once did I feel awkward or scared of his intentions. I could see his excitement and passion towards music sparkling in his eyes.

I sat on the edge of the unmade bed as he plugged his phone into the speakers and came back and laid down next to me, padding the space next to him. I slowly laid down as well, my hands laying softly on my stomach as music began playing around us in the room.

We stayed up most of the night talking about music, gigs we had been to and who we still wished to see live. He told me about his music inspirations, how he had gotten into drumming and joined the band with the other boys.

In return I told him about how I got into writing and how I used music whenever I needed inspiration. I told him about Washington, about school about why I had chosen New York as the next step in my life. It was so easy to talk to him that the hours passed by us without us even noticing. He was lying on his back and I was lying on my stomach, our eyes meeting every few minutes.

As time passed his voice got lower, every word coming slower. The music had stopped playing a long time ago, neither of us wanting to move from where we lay.

“It’s getting late…” I murmured softly when I noticed his eyes already starting to close, my own eyes drooping as sleep threatened to come.

“One more song.” Ashton begged quietly, reaching over for his phone sitting in the nightstand before he began scrolling through it. I closed my eyes for a moment, waiting for the music to begin but before I knew it I was already drifting off into sleep easily.

****

“Time to get up Ashton!” A deep male voice said as the room door opened and closed. I buried myself deeper into the pillows, sliding the covers over my head.

“Come on mate, get up!” The voice tried again, the bed shifting underneath me before I felt arms wrap around me. My eyes flying open but I was too scared to move or say anything. “Wakey, wakey Ash!” He murmured as he squeezed. I heard another door open and close before I heard his laughter.

“Hey Calum? I’m over here.” Ashton murmured; I could feel the boy who was hugging me stiffen before he sat down in a hurry and pulled down the covers. Dark brown eyes meeting my own. I could hear Ashton laughing harder as Calum jumped out of bed apologizing.

I sat down on the bed to see Ashton standing there in his dark jeans, a clean shirt in his hand; his face red from laughing.

“You could have told me you weren’t alone!” Calum accused, glaring at Ashton.

“And miss this? Nah, this was better.” He told his friend before he slipped on his t-shirt before the door opened again.

“What’s going on?” One of the boys I had seen on that first day in the lobby asked as he walked in.

“Calum was cuddling a stranger.” Ashton said, getting a huff from Cal.

“I thought it was you…” Calum murmured as everyone’s eyes in the room moved towards me. I could feel my cheeks growing hot with embarrassment.

“I’m going to go.” I murmured as I slipped out of bed, grabbing my shoes and my purse from the floor.

“You don’t have to.” Ashton quickly said as he ran his towel over his wet hair before he stopped and looked at me, shooting a look to his friends.

“That might be out cue to leave…” Michael murmured with a laugh before he grabbed Calum’s arm to pull him out of the room.

“But we have to go to the studio… Ash!” Calum protested but he was already being dragged out.

“No, really it’s fine. I need to get back to my room, didn’t mean to fall asleep in your room. I’m really sorry.” I murmured, the fear of having morning breath growing as I saw him take a step towards me.

“Stop worrying about that. Neither of us meant to do that.” He told me with an easy smile. I avoided his eyes as he slipped on my shoes and tried to push the lose strands of hair into my messy ponytail. “I’ll walk you your room.” He offered but I quickly shook my head.

“Ashton, really it’s fine.” I murmured, already walking past him towards the door. His hand had caught mine as I walked past him, making our eyes finally meet but I was too embarrassed to keep the eye contact.

“Let me walk you to your room…” He told me again before he guided me out of the bedroom and through the corridors down to the room I was sharing with the girls. I was glad to see the rest of the members of his band weren’t outside waiting for him or to continue the embarrassment.

I still couldn’t believe I had gone to his room after the date and actually fell asleep the there. His band probably thought I was some crazy groupie that had slept with their drummer. My friends probably had also thought I was easy and had gone to have sex with Ashton after just one date since I never came back last night.

Oh God, how was I supposed to march into the bedroom and convince them that nothing had happened between us. We haven’t even kissed!

“Hello, Mia?” he murmured, trying to get my attention away from my prying thoughts.

“I’m sorry… Did you say something?” I said as I looked up at him, we were standing right outside my door already. I could feel the heat rising from my neck to my cheeks once again as he chuckled at my response.

“I said, that I think you should come out to breakfast with me and my friends. We don’t have work for a few hours and we do need to eat.” He told me, his thumb rubbing circles against the skin of my hand. It was hard to think straight after all that had happened this morning.

“What about my friends, they are probably worried.” I pointed out, slowly slipping my hand away from his to be able to fish out my room key from my purse.

“Then they can come too. It’s only breakfast.” He replied, leaning against the wall as he watched me.

“I don’t know if they already have plans for today…” I trailed off, chewing on my bottom lip gently.

“You will need to eat anyway. My treat, I’ll even wait until you’re ready.” He said, poking my side playfully as he tried to convince me.

“Say yes!” I heard Heather’s voice scream from the other side of the door, making Ash and me jump.

“Heather!” I whisper yelled as I swiped the room key and opened the door. Behind it were Heather and Sydney standing there looking extremely guilty.

“Oops?” Heather said, not looking sorry at all. I wasn’t surprised at all about that.

“We didn’t mean to eavesdrop! You hadn’t come back last night and we heard voices and we wanted to make sure it was you…” Sydney said softly.

“It’s not our fault that we sort of overheard his invitation and we would love to go to breakfast. We were about to head out anyways.” Heather joined in with a grin, winking at me when she thought Ashton wasn’t looking.

I rolled my eyes at them and walked into the room, Ashton following closely behind me with a smug amused look on his face.

“If you want to wait, wait for me here… I’m going to shower. And please don’t talk about me.” I pleaded as I grabbed my bag from the floor and dragged it to the bathroom. 

“No promises!” Heather and Ashton said at the same time, making Sydney chuckle.

(End of FLASHBACK)

(Author's Note: I really like this chapter, I am not sure why! Haha Well this chapter was a little longer than the last few and I ended it there because next chapter will also be Mia and I don't want a Mia overload! Hope you guys like it so far! Remember to vote and comment below! Thanks for the support and getting me to 200something views! xx)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

242K 4.6K 71
In which a girl and famous bassist fall in love with each other on the internet - HIGHEST RANKING : #1 in Tweets
479K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
1.1K 81 32
Meet Ashley: drummer/ singer/17 Meet Ava: bass/ singer/17 Meet Andrea:guitar/singer 17 Meet Vicky:singer/guitar/piano/16 -
259K 2.7K 72
@michaelclifford liked your post.