Assisting Miss Adams (GirlXGi...

By LBrooks23

~TeacherXStudent/ GirlXGirl~ Sam never had an easy life, and as she battles with the memories of her dysfunct... More

Chp. 1
Chp. 2
Chp. 3
Chp. 4
Chp. 5
Chp. 6
Chp. 7
Chp. 8
Chp. 9
Chp. 10
Chp. 11
Chp. 12
Chp. 13
Chp. 14
Chp. 15
Chp. 16
Chp. 17
Chp. 19
Chp. 20
Chp. 21
Chp. 22
Chp. 23
Chp. 24
Chp. 25
Chp. 26
Chp. 27
Chp. 28
Chp. 29
Chp. 30
Chp. 31
Chp. 32
Chp. 33
Chp. 34
Chp. 35
Chp. 36
Chp. 37
Chp. 38
Chp. 39
Chp. 40
Chp. 41
Chp. 42
Chp. 43
Chp. 44
Chp. 45
Chp. 46
Chp. 47
Chp. 48
Chp. 49
Chp. 50
Chp. 51
Chp. 52
Chp. 53
Chp. 54
Chp. 55
Chp. 56
Chp. 57
Chp. 58
Chp. 59
Chp. 60
Chp. 61
Chp. 62
Chp. 63
Chp. 64
Chp. 65
Chp. 66
Chp. 67
Chp. 68
Chp. 69
Chp. 70
Chp. 71
Chp. 72
Chp. 73 *BONUS CHAPTER*
The Wedding - *BONUS*

Chp. 18

214K 5.9K 6.5K
By LBrooks23

Emma turned to me, "Why is Miss Adams at your house? And why did you call her Megan?"

I held up my hands, "It's a long story, but my brother's kind of... dating her? I think? I dunno, but they're good friends."

She palmed her face as she unlocked her car, "This is bad, Sam."

I shook my head, "Don't worry, she won't do anything to you. I'm the one that's in danger."

She sighed heavily, indicating she was stressed, but then pushed it to the back of her mind. She smiled, "So this... last night... it doesn't mean anything... right?"

I smirked, realizing we were on the same page. I nodded, "Right."

She jumped into her car, "See you Monday."

Then she was gone out of the parking lot, leaving me to decide how I was going to go about Megan sitting in my kitchen with Shawn. I walked slowly up to the door, realizing I had to face them, although I knew Megan wouldn't say anything in front of Shawn.

But that didn't mean Shawn wouldn't say anything in front of Megan.

I walked in, seeing Shawn's face as I made my way through the apartment. Then before I could get to my room Shawn spoke, "Where you goin?"

I looked back at him, "Sleep?"

"Nah, it's already noon, come drink the coffee that we made for you."

I groaned to myself as I walked over to the kitchen, pouring my coffee as I avoided eye contact with Megan. The last thing I wanted to do was look at her, much less talk to her. I continued to peer down in my coffee as I stood there in awkward silence, wondering if Shawn was doing this on purpose.

Then he spoke, "So, how was last night?"

I shrugged, "Good."

"Good?"

All I could do was nod.

"Sam, we could hear the two of you, it sounded a lot more than just good."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm taking my coffee in my room."

"Watch the-"

But before he could finish I nearly tripped and busted my ass over a pile of boxes that I hadn't even noticed. I peered down at them, realizing that they read Megan and Megan's clothes, and for some reason it took a little while to register.

I looked up, suddenly coming to the horrible conclusion that Megan was actually beginning to move in. I didn't want to say anything, so I continued onto my room as if I hadn't noticed anything out of the blue.

But I was slowly dying on the inside.

~ ~ ~ ~

Blair sighed, "So, I'm guessing you fucked her?"

"And vice versa, she was pretty good for a first timer."

Blair seemed to fall quiet for a bit, but I pushed the thought of asking her what was wrong to the side. There was no reason to talk about it any further, and we both knew that. Emma and I had our fun, and there were no feelings attached.

It was exactly what I wanted.

"So, there's nothing there?"

"Nothing."

"One hundred percent?"

"Positive."

"Just friends?"

"Possibly friends with benefits."

"Oh Lord, Sam."

I realized that as we were getting closer to Megan's room the more nervous I was becoming, and I had no idea why.

I mumbled, "Did I mention that when Emma and I walked out Megan was sitting at the counter with Shawn?"

"Oh fuck. No, I think you left that part out."

I nodded, "Fuck me."

"Well, Emma did that, but now Megan's going to fuck you up."

I peered at her, already knowing I was most likely going to get my ass chewed out. I rounded the corner, seeing Megan's tall legs as her figure came into view. She looked sexy as always, but seemed to be able to keep it professional.

Which made her even scarier.

Then Blair parted, "Good luck."

I walked slowly up to Megan, preparing myself for anything to come, but before I could completely walk in the room I realized she wasn't going to tell me anything. I stepped out of the room and then back in, looking at her and wondering why she wasn't chewing me out.

She looked at me, "What are you doing? Testing for booby-traps or something?"

I shook my head while looking at her, "Just wondering why you're not trying to kill me."

She shrugged, "I figured you were going to go against everything I said anyway, so why be mad over it?"

"You're mad that I fucked her?"

"I'm mad that you don't listen to anyone."

I shrugged, "What's it hurting? Really?"

She shook her head, looking straight forward and refusing to look at me, "Nothing. It's not hurting anything."

I looked at her with complete confusion on my face as I tried to figure out what the fuck was actually going on. I sighed, "Megan-"

"Go to your seat Sam," she interrupted, and I rolled my eyes as I walked to it with a bit of aggression.

Why was she always so snappy with me?

Women and their stupid emotions.

~ ~ ~ ~

To my surprise when I had gotten to the gym to join the girls before practice I realized that there wasn't going to be a practice today, which I was excited about. I saw Emma and some of the other senior girls sitting by the bleachers but I stayed to myself, not wanting to intrude on their conversation. Most of the senior girls didn't like me much anyway.

She looked at me and smiled, which got a smirk out of me because her look was awfully flirtatious, reminding me of the other night.

I sat alone, waiting for whatever we were about to do start as Coach Lee walked out of her office with a giant box. She started calling names, and I realized she was handing out uniforms, and varsity uniforms at that.

One of the first names she spoke was Emma, and Emma strutted right up to her and took her uniform, glancing at me and winking.

She really was fucking hot.

I eyed Megan from afar, who was also giving out junior varsity uniforms to the lower classmen, allowing me to feel just a bit out of place. The feeling honestly wasn't anything new, and I actually embraced it with open arms. I was different, and I wasn't wanted here, but moping about it was going to do nothing for me. So why worry?

Eventually all of the uniforms were handed out and all the girls stood, making me wonder what we were going to be doing next. I stood too, but before I could follow the rest of the girls into the nearby classroom I felt a grip on my arm.

I looked back at Megan, "Lee wanted a private meeting with the girls, doesn't really concern us."

I rolled my eyes, "What? Are they planning world domination or something?"

"No, just a little team bonding."

I nodded, already understanding what they would be doing. I went through the same thing my freshmen year, before I fucked everything up of course. I looked at Megan, shrugging, "So you're moving in."

She sighed, "Sadly, yes, but it won't be for long. I promise you that."

I mumbled, "Thank God."

She eyed me, "Excuse me?"

"Look, no offense, but your bipolar moods really confuse and anger me, and it's enough I'll have to deal with it here and in class. You can't expect me to welcome you with open arms into my home too."

She sat back on the bleachers, leaning back as she looked at me, "You were all for it weeks ago."

I nodded, laughing sarcastically, "That was before you completely altered your moods around me and got all weird. Now it's just awkward."

"You wanna know what's awkward?"

I snorted, "Enlighten me."

"Listening to two students in the next bedroom fuck for hours while sitting in the bed with your brother, that's awkward."

I looked at her, smiling sarcastically, "And then to top it all off, we walk out to leave and my History teacher's sitting at my counter. So I was left to explain why you were there in the first place."

"This is real fucked up, isn't it?"

I nodded, "Couldn't have said it better."

It fell silent then, and for some reason I looked back at Megan, seeing her familiar chain that had sparked something in me when I found out its origin. I sighed, "Your sister's necklace... we never really got to talk about it."

"That's because I really didn't want to."

I questioned, "Why?"

"Because it's hard talking about my sister's death? Why else?"

I scratched my head, "I just... I've felt bad for bringing it up that one time and now I can't help but feel a little guilty."

She shook her head, fingering the tiny necklace around her neck, "What do you want to know? How she died? When she died? What?"

"I want to know if you're okay," I answered quickly, not realizing where that had come from.

I cared about Megan feeling mad because obviously that affected me on some spectrum, but was there more to it? I didn't think so, but I cared in knowing if she was ok because a death wasn't something to be taken lightly. She always seemed so happy, but it wasn't until I brought up her sister that she started acting strange.

She eyed me curiously, shrugging, "I'm as okay as I can be."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head, "You're freaking me out Sam. You never want to talk about feelings."

I shrugged, "I guess since you made me talk about my parents with you I realized talking actually kind of helps."

She nodded, looking down at her feet, "She died two years ago, my last year in college. She was only seventeen."

I did the math, realizing that she would be my age if whatever happened wouldn't have. I felt a little pain in my heart as I watched Megan try to talk about it without crying. It felt weird, doing this with her, but it felt oddly reassuring that maybe she was tired of giving me the cold shoulder.

"I had just gotten off the phone with her ten minutes before the cops found her car pulled over on the side of the road. She had told me she loved me right before she hung up, which was weird because she never really did that. I mean, we had a wonderful relationship but... it was out of the norm. I should've sensed something was wrong... but I didn't."

I watched Megan inhale a deep breath as she leaned up, trying her best to keep it together to tell the rest of her story.

"She overdosed on the side of the road, and all she left was a suicide letter."

Holy shit. I felt something inside me change as I watched Megan blank out as she finished, as if she was reliving that night all over in her head. I sighed, "Megan..."

She started again, "You know... I never even realized anything was wrong until she was already dead. All the late night texting she and I would do, all the drinking, all the going out. I was never around because it was my last year in school but we would try to talk occasionally. I had no idea she was depressed."

I answered, "Megan it's not your fault. You can't think like that."

She shook her head, gripping the chain around her neck, "Then why do I feel like it is?"

"Because you're a person, and you loved her, and I guess in a way you felt a sense of responsibility for her."

She looked at me, "How do you do that?"

I shrugged, "What?"

"Get all of that out of me within ten minutes?"

I smiled, "I can ask you the same thing."

"You were tough to crack though."

I studied her, "Do you feel better?"

She sighed heavily, looking at me, "Yea a little."

I smiled, taking in her features as I realized we were in a very familiar position. She was close to me, and we were having another moment, almost the same moment that happened a week ago. The same moment that caused her to ignore me, but for some reason I felt like this time was different.

But God did her lips look completely kissable right now.

The moment had gone on long enough, and suddenly I was compelled to kiss her. Then before I could lean in just a little closer the classroom door opened, allowing the girls to pour out and back into the gym.

Forcing Megan and I apart once again.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Do I really have to come?"

"You're not doing anything else Sam, get up and do something productive."

I stood, groaning as I followed Shawn to his car to ride with him to Megan's place to help her move some more stuff. We were moving some of her furniture and junk to storage but her clothes were also coming to the house.

Her moving in actually made me a bit nervous.

I jumped in as I questioned, "So, how do you feel about her finally beginning to move in?"

He shrugged it off, "She practically does already, doesn't seem too different."

"So are you two like... a thing?"

He shook his head, seeming to not really be bothered by it, "No, but I have a feeling there's someone else."

"Someone else?"

"Someone else she likes, which is good of course, because I'm not sure if I like her more than a friend either."

I laughed, "How's that possible?"

He looked at me grimly, shaking his head, "It's possible."

"Are you gay?"

He groaned, "No, but it's just different with Megan... we have a weird relationship."

"Are you two fuck buddies?"

"God no, Sam."

"Then what are you?"

He sighed, turning onto another street, "We're best friends, that's all."

"So why is she moving in?"

"Because she has nowhere else to go."

I continued, "And why do you two sleep in the same bed?"

"Because there's no other bed and I'm not making her sleep on the couch."

"Why don't you like her?"

He rolled his eyes, continuing down the road, "Why are you asking so many questions?"

"This is the last one I promise."

He sighed, glancing at me, "Well first off, I'm pretty sure she has a lot more problems than I can handle right now. My career's taking off and so is hers. Secondly, I believe she's kind of a lesbian."

I laughed, "Kind of? Why would you even think that?"

He shrugged, "She's had a girlfriend before, you know."

I did know, but Shawn didn't know that.

I gasped, maybe a little too dramatic, "What?"

He nodded, "Yea, and lemme tell you her girlfriend was fucking fine. I always thought they were just lonely when they met each other but now I'm starting to wonder if she really was in love with her."

Weird, so Shawn wasn't digging Megan because he was convinced she was a lesbian and had too many problems he could handle. Sounded kind of shallow but I didn't blame him, he was too young to have to worry about all that, and his job was going well.

A serious relationship for him was in his future, but not right now.

He shrugged, "Besides, there's plenty of other girls out there, and Megan's like my sister."

"Are you sure?"

He shrugged once more, pulling up into what looked like Megan's apartment complex, "Yes, I mean don't get me wrong, Megan's pretty hot. I'm just not sure we're meant to be together like that."

I nodded, following him out of the car and towards a door to which I guessed was Megan's. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on under my nose between Shawn and Megan but after talking to Shawn I oddly felt a little better about myself.

Now I didn't have to feel guilty if I thought about fucking Megan.

He knocked on the door and then it opened, and to my surprise Naomi opened the door. She smiled, "Shawn! Oh, and Sam, nice to see you again."

I smiled politely as I made my way in after Shawn, following him to what I guessed to be Megan's room. We walked in, seeing Megan folding and placing what looked to be the last of her clothes in multiple boxes, and I wondered where the hell we were going to put all of this.

She looked up, "Oh, Shawn, hey."

He pointed to a box, "Need some help?"

She nodded, "Yea, just pick one."

He picked one up and turned, eyeing me as if he expected me to do the same. He walked out behind me as I stood in Megan's room wondering what the hell I was supposed to do.

She glanced up at me, "Shawn made you come, didn't he?"

I nodded, "Pretty much."

She finished boxing the last of her clothes and stood, "Well, you don't have to help if you don't want."

I knelt down, picking up a box and smiling, "I should get extra credit for this shit."

She followed me out with a box as Shawn passed us to retrieve the last one, and Megan and I walked out together. She spoke, "Thanks, for listening yesterday."

I shrugged, "Be grateful because it doesn't happen often."

She smiled, placing her box in the back seat, along with mine. She sighed, "I know."

I looked down at the box I carried, and then saw something inside that caught my attention. I popped open the lip quickly and reached in, immediately grabbing a air of Megan's underwear. I laughed, "Oh, lacey thongs... that's hot."

She yanked the underwear out of my hand and shoved it back into the box, "Really Sam!"

I smiled, laughing, "Hey, you know how I am."

"Yea, perverted."

I huffed in fake pain, "Now that's just mean, Miss Adams."

She shook her head, "You call me Miss Adams outside of school and Megan in school. You're just ass-backwards Sam."

I laughed, "That's my middle name."

**A/N***

How are you guys liking the story? I would love soem story plot feedback just to see where you guys think Megan and Sam are heading! :)

Oh and P.S., I've been nominated for some award, so here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aY75QwCKHAMdRARlciEoMTZAc6m3i3hX8H2pZIWfSeI/viewform

It would mean a lot if my readers could vote for me :), and thank you guys for the amount of support I get from my stories! Thank you

-Lauryn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 103K 33
"It's not every day that one can say their hot roommate is also their American History teacher..." Sam's never had an easy life. Whether she's bat...
Chemistry By Teddy

Teen Fiction

5.9M 183K 44
The school knows Ezra as the mysterious badass who always speaks her mind, but the truth is that she is barely holding on. She is forced to work long...
436 25 14
Megan had always been passionate about art, ever since she was a little girl. When she started college, she was excited to finally be able to take cl...
167 4 26
18-year-old Ada had a tough life. Always lying about who she really is, always hiding behind a mask, until she couldn't do it anymore. But telling he...