Adopted by the Avengers

By hanjiZoelvr

Y/N is adopted by the Avengers from a bad orphanage situation. She is brought to the Avenger's facility to ca... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Adopted
Chapter 3 - Leaving
Chapter 4 - Arriving
Chapter 5 - Meeting the Avengers
Chapter 6 - Getting Situated
Chapter 7 - The Testing
Chapter 8 - The Vision
Chapter 9 - After Testing
Chapter 10 - Close call
Authors Update
Chapter 11 - Secrets
Chapter 12 - I'm Different
Chapter 13 - The Truth
Chapter 14 - The Beginning
Chapter 16- Meeting the Queen
Chapter 17 - The Men in Black
Chapter 18 - Adjusting to a New Life
Chapter 19 - Truth Revealed?
Chapter 20 - Departure
A/N Summary + Changes
Chapter 21- A maze
Chapter 22- Becoming Spies
Chapter 23 - The Plan of Attack
Chapter 24 - The Midnight Walk
Chapter 25 - Counter Attack
Chapter 26 - To a New Life

Chapter 15 - Got Lucky?

4.9K 85 5
By hanjiZoelvr

The ground fell away from beneath my feet. It felt like I was going 100 miles an hour. Bright light was everywhere making it almost impossible to see. I squinted my eyes and faintly saw the outline of Lyric to my left. All the lights made my eyes dizzy and I wished desperately for it to end.

Before too long, actually no, just before eternity ended I felt my feet touch solid ground. It took me a while to recognize where we were because I was still blinded from the light. Finally, I noticed it was a big, dark room, and looking around I could see that there was nothing really in it. It was in the shape of a circle, and the walls curved upwards to create a dome kind of shape. I looked to my left and saw Lyric blinking his eyes as if walking up from a dream.

"You all right there?"

"Yeah, I'm just very dizzy" he rubbed his head and sighed.

"Don't worry I am too. But, I did bring food, do you want something to eat?"

"Actually sure, I forgot to eat lunch today."

As I dug in my bag looking for granola bars or something of the sort, Lyric started to talk.

"So, Nick said that once we get here, to try to sneak into the palace."

"Palace!?" I had never heard anyone saying that there was a palace on this place. Lyric just nodded.

"Yeah there is a palace where all the royals would live, but apparently, like you heard, they are all captured by these Frost giant things." I handed him the granola bar and stood up.

"Well then, we should probably get going then. You still dizzy?"

"Nah, but thanks for the bar."

"I'm always prepared when it comes to food." I gave him a grin.

Just then we heard a footsteps coming from just outside the room. Looking around I couldn't see any place to hide. I gasped thinking that we were done for when Lyric put up his hands. The next moment we were invisible and unseen but standing in the center of the room. Rounding the corner came the creepiest elf? you could call it. It had pointy ears and it didn't have whites in its eyes. He had....hair? It was all white along with his skin. He was also very short which didn't help his appearance. I heard Lyric gasp and I cringed because of how audible it was. The elf's head turned in our direction very scarily fast. I closed my eyes and I felt Lyric tense up from beside me. I opened my eyes again to see the elf leaving. I don't think Lyric and I moved for the next two years.

About five minutes after the elf had left, Lyric and I found ourselves leaving the dome tracing the steps of the elf.

Right outside the dome was one of the most impressive sights I had ever seen. There was a multicolored bridge leading to a city that carefully guarded a tall palace that seemed to tower over life itself. Lyric and I were both in awe, however the only downside was that the palace and the city seemed about ninety-four miles away.

It was a while before Lyric or I spoke. "I think that was one of the elves that is responsible for capturing the royals." Lyric was the first to speak.

"Yeah...It was really creepy, what's with it's eyes? Also aren't we looking at Frost Giants and not elves?!" I shuddered, unable to shake the feeling of its eyes boring into my brain. Lyric just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't really know what is going on, except I have a feeling they all look pretty much the same."

We walked in silence on the colorful bridge. It was a little bit unnerving that it was very long and it was in open space too. We had walked at least a mile and we weren't even halfway. Looking at the palace, you could say that the palace had a 'dark' feel. I can't really explain it but it was like something was lurking in the shadows of the palace, taking over the entire place making it seem like a haunted dungeon rather than a cheerful palace.

In the end it took us about a half an hour to get to the end of the bridge.
There were houses all up and down the street that we were on, and they all led up to the palace. Lyric and I looked at each other. I really didn't want to do this. I took a deep sigh as we started to walk into the ghosted city.

As we walked into the village, I noticed that everything was absolutely quiet. There was no wind and there were no people, making it seem like a ghost town. Everything was quiet except for our footsteps ,which sounded like two giants stomping in an echoing hallway, contrasting with the quiet all around us.

We were about halfway to the palace, and had walked about three miles or what seemed eternity, I mean.. same thing right? Anyway, we had walked far from where we started, when we heard a laugh surrounding us. Lyric and I both stopped in fear and looked around. I hit his shoulder and gestured to the house that was next to us. It seemed uninhabited so I decided that it would be safe to hide in. He nodded his head and we both started tiptoeing towards the house. The laugh came again but louder and we both jogged into the house and closed the door caring, but not really caring how loud we were.

As the door shut, I went to the window and looked out from behind the white curtains. The same elf that we encountered was walking up the street with an elf that looked almost the same, but was taller and skinnier. Lyric came beside me and we both gaped at the elves.

They were talking in a weird language that we both couldn't understand and kept making gestures that were foreign to us.

"What are they saying?" I mouthed to Lyric. He shrugged his shoulders. I gave him an exasperated look and went back to watching the elves.

Once they both passed the house, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, staying in the same position looking out the window. Lyric kept looking to see if anyone else was coming up the street. I stood up and stiffened as I heard a small giggle behind me.

Lyric and I turned simultaneously and I could tell my eyes were wide as I laid eyes on another elf who, it seemed was standing there the whole entire time. I was sure that it was a girl, but I can never be too sure, because she had ladylike features but looked almost the same like the other elves.

"Hi..?" Lyric timidly said. For some reason, even me who is amazing at breaking silence, I couldn't seem to do it. This elf freaked me out for some reason. She raised her eyebrow us.

"Who are you?" She spoke in a really odd accent that I don't ever remembering hearing, granted that I had spent my whole life in an inescapable orphanage.

I felt Lyric nudge my arm and decided to carry the boat with the lies I could so easily say.

I took a sigh and made myself sound like I had given this speech a million times.

"We are of your kind  but were abandoned back on the other planet. We look different or... human, I guess you could call it, because of the planet who adopted us and made us like them."

I decided to throw some acting in my speech and lowered my head, looking at the floor, pretending to be dejected, and making it seem like it had really happened. While looking at the floor I continued.

"This is another person I found right after you left." I looked up and gestured to Lyric. "We are hoping your...our kind will accept us again even because of our looks."

She gasped and looked back and forth to me and Lyric. I was really thinking she believed it when she said "Are you Eerikki and Asta?" I had no idea who those people were but I nodded my head told her that we were.

"How did you know it was us?" Lyric, I could tell, was happy that I managed to handle this situation with manipulative power, but I was starting to get annoyed with him for testing our luck.

"Well, when we left Svartelfheim, we had to leave some people behind. However, once we left the queen was fussing because she left you behind-" as she looked at me "-and one of the elf families was complaining to the queen that we left you behind.

I had to do a double take at her words.  The queen of their kind was sad that I was missing?? Was I supposed to be her daughter? What about Lyric? Was he a peasant or a "average middle class" elf? As I thought quietly, she continued.

And of course you both might not remember when we left, or your real parents, because you were both still in the toddler stage." She gave a little laugh. "Time moves so fast here when you're young." She looked at us with a fondness with a made me uncomfortable. Also what's up with time here?...

I eyed Lyric out of the corner of my eye. He was smiling back with the same type of warmth. I proudly broke this comfortable silence.

"Can we go back soon so we can see everyone again?" I only just wanted to see more of the Asgardian-ness of this place and to get this whole mission over with.  (This place did weird things to me.)

"Of course, your parents will be so happy to see you." Which confirmed my fear of me being the queen's daughter. She gave the same fond smile again.
She turned to lead us out the door when I heard Lyric's voice at my shoulder.
"I don't even know how to spell Eerikki!" I chuckled

"Looks like you're going to have to deal."

With this lady elf, we walked the remainder of the way. She mostly babbled about how I was so missed and how Lyric's 'parents' were upsetting the queen with the abandonment of Lyric. She reminded us of her name, Kari and told us how her family was doing. She seemed nice for the most part, except she spoke of the Royals and, to quote, was "glad those beasts are tamed and put under the proper treatment they deserve."     

I didn't ask any further questions.

Before too long, we reached the palace. It was even more grand on the inside, which is hard to imagine. We were greeted at the gates by several gargantuan giants who seemed to tower over the palace itself.  Kari kept telling us all about how life was at this new place without a second glance at these huge giants.

Actually, come to think of it, they are more like really tall elves, which, you know, don't really exist.

However, even though Kari took no notice of the giants and talked to us like we were the best friends she never had, the giants did notice us and had their evil looking eyes on us. It didn't mind me as much, but I could tell it really bothered Lyric. His ear, yes his ear, was twitching and he looked really skittish. I reached for his hand and held it in mine mostly because I didn't want him to give away anything out of fear.

We kept following Kari into the palace. She led us down a series of hallways that reminded me of the place back with the Avengers. We finally arrived at a door and Kari gave a short sweet knock at the door.

"Stay here, I will be back." She walked into the room. As she disappeared, Lyric and I made eye contact.

"You holding up ok?" I asked. Lyric looked really freaked and I was suddenly scared for him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He didn't sound too convincing.

"Mmmhhmm?" I looked at him skeptically and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine honest! It's just the sudden change in setting, and the new people surrounding me make me miss home..." He fell into silence and flicked his eyes to the floor.

"Lyric....you know that this is your home."

We both jumped as the door in from of us opened as Kari came out.

"You may both enter, everyone is so excited to see you!" I took a deep breath and felt Lyric do the same.

We walked into the room.

Hi Everyone!
I have more time to write because it is the summer!!! So expect more chapters.

You all are great and I thank you for those of you who are reading and voting.

Please vote and comment.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 2.1K 14
You happen to have powers no one else has. Every child dreams of being that powerful and there is this association that urges you to use it for the c...
337K 9.4K 19
After escaping Hydra during a mission, 13 year old Peter Parker is put into child protection services who bring him to an orphanage full of abuse. Af...
1.3K 29 19
WANDAVISION SPOILERS!!! I'm altering her age in this :) WandaMaximoffX!fem!reader Y/N Is the adopted daughter of Tony Stark (in this story Y/N gets...
3.7K 70 25
[Cringe Warning this is my first book so sorry} Y/n l/n is a girl with superpowers. She ran away from her abusive parents. Now she has to run from HY...