Finding My Heart(Under Editin...

By thatrandomgeekgirl

Have you ever had a crush on your best friend? Well Ada did. Well, she does. This could lead to issues. Espe... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 | The Park Incident
Chapter 2 | My First Heartbreak
Chapter 3 | The Morning After
Chapter 4 | Once In A Lifetime
Chapter 5 | The Note
Chapter 6 | Going Home
Chapter 7 | Back To School Bleh
Chapter 8 | The Afternoon
Chapter 9 | Day 2
Chapter 10 | Cross Country Meet
Chapter 11 | It's Felt Like Years
Chapter 12 | Spoopy Time
Chapter 13 | My First Kiss
Chapter 14 | Thanksgiving
Chapter 15 | Movies and Exams
Chapter 16 | He didn't mean to. Did he?
Chapter 17 | Don't Let Me Fall
Chapter 18 | Hey Nosey
Chapter 20 | Christmas
Chapter 21 | The Human Pilllow
Chapter 22 | A Big Fight
Chapter 23 | And He Fights
Chapter 24 | Tears Have Been Shed
Chapter 25 | Saddening News
Chapter 26 | Ruined
Chapter 27 | Tragedy
Chapter 28 | What Now?
Chapter 29 | Awoken
Chapter 30 | Rough Road
Chapter 31 | Snow
Chapter 32 | Oopsie
Chapter 33 | School
Chapter 34 | Punished
Chapter 35 | Broken
Chapter 36 | Great News!
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 19 | Slow Down

39 2 0
By thatrandomgeekgirl

Edited

How does this guy know how to treat his own wound? I decided to ask him how he knew out of fear. "And you know how to do this how?" He was treating the wound still. "I learned how in one of those survival-type of class that I took with my dad." I nodded, not getting a more exciting reason from him.

I still felt very uncomfortable around him after what he had done. I decided to put on my winter coat so I would be covered better and because it was cold. "When can I get home?" I asked because I can't drive yet because I'm only fifteen. "We can leave now." I nodded.

We walked outside the door and a blast of cold air hit my face. Braxton attempted to wrap an arm around me but I moved away from him. I opened the passenger door for myself and hopped in. We drove off and I was feeling nauseous, I felt like something bad was gonna happen.

The roads were covered with black ice so I wanted us to be cautious. Braxton didn't care though, he was still speeding. "Hey, Braxton? I think we need to slow down because the road is covered with ice." I looked out the window in worry. "It'll be fine, I've driven in worse conditions."

I opened my phone with Jeremiah's contact open so I could text or call him if I needed to. I grasped onto my seatbelt tightly and looked forward towards the road. As we were driving, a car swerved and almost crashed into us. I texted Jeremiah, my hands extremely shaky.

Me: Hey mah dude

A minute later, the dots appeared and I got a reply.

Jeremiah: Hiya mah woman dude
Jeremiah: Is everything alright?!?!?
Me: Can I go to your house, I need someone to talk to
Jeremiah: Yeah of course, no need to ask... you're always welcome
Me: k thnx
Jeremiah: np

I was still looking down at my phone when Braxton slammed the breaks. I hit my head on the dashboard. My head started to pound in pain. We spun and spun before the truck crashed into a guardrail and the truck came to a halt. The airbags came out due to the impact. It crushed me slightly and knocked the air out of me.

I looked over to Braxton and he was fine. The first thing that I did was call Jeremiah. He answered me instantly.

"Hey, uh, I just got in a small car accident." My breathing was still labored and my voice was high.

"Oh. A. Are... are you okay. Please tell me you're." I interrupted him since he was freaking out.

"I-I'm fine. I think." I also told him where I was.

"I-I I'm on my way, right now. Stay on the phone with me until I get there." Jeremiah sounded super concerned and I felt bad that I probably woke him up because he is supposed to go to bed around nine to rest his arm.

Once I was able to, I got out of the car to see the damage. My walk was kind of staggered and weird, probably because of shock. The damage wasn't bad; it was still drivable. "Hey, Jeremiah, please don't, don't speed, that's how this happened in the first place." I was feeling tired, I leaned against the car that was still running. It was keeping me warm. This part of the ground was fairly dry so I sat down.

"Stay awake Ada, I think you're about to pass out or something. Please just stay awake." The area around me was becoming dark. Speckles of black were darkening my vision. "I'll be there in ten minutes Adi." He said the nickname that he has always given me that I used to hate. I smiled and sleep took over me.

I woke up to the sound of arguing. I looked up, my vision blurry. "You are always getting Ada in trouble in some way." Braxton shoved Jeremiah in the chest.

"I will do whatever I want with her. She's mine. If I wanna do something with her, then I will." Jeremiah was raging with anger. He was about to punch Braxton when I said his name.

"Jeremiah?" My tiny and tired voice said. He snapped out of it and rushed over to me, taking off his sling even though he was supposed to keep it on for another day.

"Hey, hey. Shh. Are you okay?" He was holding my upper arms before his hands slipped into my own hands. One of his hands grabbed my face delicately and he rubbed his thumb over my right cheek softly. His lovely hazel eyes were staring into my own green eyes.

His eyes drifted to my forehead where there was a bruise forming. "Let's get you to my house." He helped me up and then carried me to his car with one arm under my knees and the other bracing my back despite his arm injury. I leaned into his warm chest and he wrapped his arm around me tighter. "We're not done with this Braxton."

I got one last glimpse of Braxton and he was just standing there with his hands balled up in fists on either side of his body. Jeremiah was in pain but he managed to get me into the passenger seat carefully. He pushed a strand of hair away from my face and closed the car door.

We drove nice and slow and Jeremiah comforted me the best he could during the car ride. His right hand was massaging the back of my head and my neck. I let out a sigh of release, and I got a chill. Jeremiah must have realized it because he increased the heat and put his warm hand over my left shoulder. I leaned closer to the driver's side so it would be easier on him.

The ride was silent other than the low Christmas music playing in the background but it was a comfortable silence. The song "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" was playing. I listened to the delightful and calm song as we were riding to his house.

He brought me inside to his house, carrying me again even though I insisted that I was fine. At this point, it was getting close to eleven, since I got in the accident a bit past ten. We went to his bedroom, so we wouldn't disturb the rest of the people in the house who were either sleeping or watching TV.

He laid me down on his bed and sat on the edge of it, the bed dipping low. My coat was off, still wearing the shirt that was ripped up to right above the curve of my breast. His eyes flickered to the rip for a moment before our eyes met.

"Did he rip your shirt?" He said, inspecting the rip. My skin felt warm at his touch. I could tell that he was only focused on the rip, not my exposed skin, but my face still gleamed red. He looked me in the eye, resulting in me nodding "yes."

He walked out of the room, so I cut on his smart TV that he got for his birthday. While waiting for him, I threw off the ripped shirt and changed into the t-shirt he gave me. I also changed into some of his pajama pants, one of the few pairs he owns. His clothes make me look smaller than my usual self.

It was chilly in his bedroom even though the heat was on in the house. I was longing for the hoodie that he gave me at the hospital the other day but I just wrapped myself in a blanket. I was leaning up against the pillows that were leaned up against the headboard of his bed. I sent my mom a text that I was at Jeremiah's house, and she was fine with it.

Jeremiah came back and walked into his room shirtless because I've seen him shirtless a million times before. He brought over two mugs, both filled with hot chocolate. I took one of the mugs and took a small sip before putting it on the side table. I leaned into Jeremiah, tightly grasping onto my ripped shirt. I was on the right side of him. His body was warm even though the room was chilly.

"Are you cold?" Jeremiah asked before he chucked. I just snuggled into his side more. He delicately wrapped his arm around me, this position is becoming way more common between us two.

We started to talk and somehow the subject of Braxton popped up. "Hey, what happened today?" I looked Jeremiah in the eyes and spoke.

"Well, I came over the apartment that he has in the city because he wanted to talk to me, and he kept on trying stuff with me." My eyes watered up. A single tear dropped onto his bare chest.

"An-and he pushed me against his bed, and he tried to take off my shirt and unstrap my bra. He got my shirt off but he didn't get the chance to unstrap my bra because there was a gunshot. A bullet flew through the window and got his shoulder." The tears were falling down my cheeks harder now. I couldn't help but think back on the incident at the beach. I shook off the thought.

"And then once he got shot, he tended to it and he started to drive me home. He was speeding really badly and the car spun into a guardrail. I was texting you before we crashed." I was sitting up now and so was Jeremiah. When I was about to add some more, Jeremiah leaned into me closer, catching me by surprise.

"You know, I really don't like seeing you cry. It means you're not happy." He smiled and I laughed ill-heartedly. He wiped some more of the tears off of my face. "Your laugh is one of the most enlightening things in the universe, no, the entire multiverse," Jeremiah added, his eyes scanning me as if he was trying to read my emotions. He hovered over me, his Adam's apple bobbing.

We were only inches apart and I didn't realize so until our lips touched. We were kissing. At this moment, everything else went away. I put one of my hands in his curly hair and the other was on his warm chest. He had one hand that was holding his weight up, and the other was cupping my cheek.

It was magical and unlike any other kiss I've had. It was so sweet and it wasn't overbearing. He had very soft lips and our lips melded together perfectly. I wanted this moment to last forever but I realized that we were both cheating on our significant other. I dodged his kiss abruptly.

"What's wrong? Am I a bad kisser?" Jeremiah was confused, and I responded quickly. "Ah, no, your kiss was fine. Not just fine, great. But ehm, we can't do this, we're both dating someone. I-I'm really sorry." We both just sat there while we were very conflicted.

"You're right, let's just forget this ever happened." Jeremiah sounded almost sad about this but I knew he was right.

"Let's not forget what happened. Let's just say what happened tonight, stays at tonight." He nodded in agreement.

We embraced into a hug and we both laid back together. "So, now what?" I asked. "We can finish our hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie." Jeremiah grabbed his mug and glanced at me before taking a sip.

"Now that, would be great." I smiled and laughed before taking a sip of my hot chocolate. We cuddled with each other like we always do. My arms were hugging his arm carefully. He moved his arm to be around me instead and I latched onto his body again.

He had the warmest skin and it made me warm because I was cold. This wasn't weird for us because this is how I've always watched movies with him, even after he started dating Samantha. Home Alone came on the screen and I waited for it to start excitedly.

"Awwe, you picked my favorite Christmas movie. The movie is so funny and stupid but I love it!" I added. He smiled with his imperfect teeth and dimples and spoke. "I know it's your favorite, that's why I picked it, it's always been your favorite."

As we settled, Jeremiah started to play with my hair. A sensation of relaxation washed over me and I released a sigh that I didn't know was there. He ran his fingers through my brunette hair. I smiled and snuggled into him closer.

We watched another movie after Home Alone and I began to fall into a sleepy state. "Thank you for this. Picking me up and helping me. Spending this cold winter night with me." I blinked slowly and smiled wider. "There's no need to thank me, I'm just being there for you when you need it." He replied.

I looked at him one last time, and pecked him on the cheek since I'm like a sister to him. I put my hand on the side of his face, looked him in his hazel eyes, and smiled. I drifted off into sleep, falling asleep to his steady breathing.

Another end of a part. Whoop whoop. That's all for this part, please comment, vote, and share if you enjoyed this part! Until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.2K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
11.8K 149 49
To my astonishment, I saw Reece situated between my legs, his actions mirroring those of someone savouring their favorite treat. The shock and ecstas...
12.9M 340K 56
He was her best friend's brother. She was his little sister's best friend. He was a player. She had a crush on him. --------------------------- Ariel...
97 13 12
Layla lost her mother at a young age and was abused by her alcoholic father. Her best friend, Jasmine knew about this and so Layla spent majority of...