Cinderella's Twist

By gracieyarb

"The countdown is starting," he says standing up and pulling me up with him. "So this is it huh?" He smiles... More

NEW STORY
chapter one: i'm missing a party, not getting pregnant
chapter two: an fbi secretive location
characters
chapter four: you're a dork, i hope you know that
chapter five: i'm sick of the good girl, bad boy plotline
chapter six: little miss perfect doesn't even party?
chapter seven:three and a half episodes of grey's anatomy
chapter eight: i think he's in love with you
chapter nine: noah reed=mystery boy? yeah, maybe in a million years
chapter ten: this is what is throwing my whole theory off
chapter eleven: i'm the guys from the ball
chapter twelve: you are my acquaintance that i make out with
chapter thirteen: a small town in idaho
chapter fourteen: you're our sister. boom, legit reason
C O M I N G S O O N + N E W B O O K
chapter fifteen: they'd assume you had sex in their house
chapter sixteen: guess who i have to fucking marry?
chapter seventeen: the prize goes to the heart throbbing couple
chapter eighteen: nobody likes a tease
chapter nineteen: we're all a little crazy
chapter twenty: high school sweethearts or something
chapter twenty-one: he's your boy, don't lose him
chapter twenty-two: you're just...gorgeous, you know?
chapter twenty-three: 2,243 miles away from me
chapter twenty-four: family bear hug
chapter 25: merry christmas & happy birthday to the wackiest family in l.a.
chapter twenty-six: so many people that I would pay to have killed right now
chapter twenty-seven: hell no
chapter twenty-eight: left foot on red
chapter twenty-nine: trust me
sequel

chapter 3: you sound like one of those obnoxious old ladies from a 1990s comedy

1.6K 61 6
By gracieyarb

"Lynn!" Kelly Barnes calls for me and I turn around quickly to see her.

"Hey, Kelly. I love the red in your hair," I say pointing out her new red highlights.

She smiles and runs the tips of her fingers over her hair. "Thank you. Anyway. The decorating committee needs to know what colors you picked for homecoming again."

"I want happy colors. No black or maroon or deep colors. I'm talking light green, bright yellow not neon, pink, blues. Pretty happy colors. Work with it, I'm counting on you. Homecoming is counting on you." I tell her and wink at her.

"You won't be disappointed, Jaclynn!" she calls back.

I grin and open my locker putting my volleyball bag in there and taking out my world history book and notebook and pencil pouch.

"Lynn, Mr. Halen needs you in his office," Lydia says out of breath.

"Um, why?"

"I think he wants you to show the new guy around," she whispers.

"What new guy?" I ask as I start walking to the principal's office.

"This guy just transferred from...who knows where. He came here in a Lambo. I mean I know we're in Calabasas here but seriously? A Lambo?" Lydia exclaims.

"I have to get in here. I'll tell you all of the gory details at lunch," I say and kiss her cheek.

"Okay, oh and Tonya has a story about Jax for you!" she squeals.

I roll my eyes and turn her around before shoving her.

"Goodbye Lyds!"

I walk into Mr. Halen's secretary's office, Delilah. She looks up from her computer and smiles at me.

"Hey, girl," she says happily after putting someone on the phone on hold.

Delilah Russel is twenty-one and the sweetest girl ever. She's also Ricky's best friend.

"Hey, mom says she misses you," I tell her remembering my mom mentioning to Ricky she hasn't seen Dee around in a while.

"Aw, well Ricky is being an asshat right now but I'll stop by just to see the family tomorrow." She says to me.

"I'll let mom know."

"You can go in. I think he's ready for you." She says and resumes her phone call.

I open the door to his office and find him lenaing against his desk talking to someone. "Hi, Mr. Halen."

"Jaclynn! How wonderful of you to stop by. Jackie, I'd like you to meet our new student at Reinhardt Academy, Noah Reed."

I look over in the directin he is pointing and see the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen. He hair brown hair and brown eyes. He's wearing the required school khakis only his are skinny and let me tell you they hug all of the right places. His white collared shit is untucked and his tie is loose. His hair is tousled perfectly and he smirks when he sees me. I pull my skirt down a little more when he looks at me.

"Hi, I'm Jaclynn Winston, I say reaching my hand out to shake it but he makes no effort to do the same. Well, that's a turn off. I force a smile and fold my hands in front of me.

"I would like for you to show Noah around. Let him know the ropes of the school and you can head to whatever period you have when you are done."

"Will do, Mr.Halen." I say happily and smile at Noah who leans his head back in the chair and groans a little. Rude.

"Well, go on Noah. Your mother said your brother will pick you up after school," Mr. Halen says to Noah as he stands up.

I walk out of the office and wave bye to Dee who mouths to me that Noah is hot and I laugh. 

"So this is Reinhardt. The Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshman lockers are on the first floor in the east wing and the Seniors are upstairs in the west wing. The only locker I know of that is open is--"

"God, your voice is annoying," he says interrupting me.

I stare at him with my mouth hanging open. "Excuse me?" 

"You sound like one of those obnoxious old ladies from a 1990s comedy," he says rubbing is templs and reaching into his back pocket. He pulls out a cigarette and lights it.

"First of all, that is very rude. Second, you can't smoke in here," I say and open up my water bottle and pouring water over his hand.

"Did you just...?"

"Yes, I did. You are so inconsiderate," I say leaning on one hip and folding my arms.

"Who cares if I'm nice or not?"

"You know what," I say. "You can find your own way around, okay?"

"Whatever you say, Red," he says and I stop as I'm walking away.

"What did you call me?" Red... that's what the guy from the ball called me.

"Red, you get all red when you're angry," he says and smirks.

"Good luck on your first day, Noah," I sneer and walk away to the rest of my first period class.

***

"I don't care how gorgeous he is! He is the rudest teenage boy I have ever met and I live with like six teenage boys.

"Well, let me fill you in on what I heard about Jax," Tonya says.

"You have to listen to this, Lynn," Lydia says. "It is the actual kick starter to your relationship with Jaxon Collins."

"Proceed."

"So I was at this party last Saturday with Lydia and we were standing with April and Bianca talking and dancing. We were standing next to Jaxon, Will, Mason, Ben, and Jake and they were talking about who they're asking to homecoming and when they got around to Jaxon he said, "oh i don't know"." tonya imitates a really bad impression of Jax's voice. "So then Will jumped in and said, "what about Jackie? Don't you really like her?" and then Jax was like yeah, but I don't know about her and they all told him to go for it."

I smile and look over at Jaxon. He's laughing with his friends and runs a hand through his hair turning his head slightly towards my direction. Once he sees me out of the corner of his eye he turns more to see me. I know I'm blushing so much I look like a tomato. He winks at me and I bite my lip and turn back around.

"It get's better!" Lydia squeals. "He said he wanted to do it at lunch next Friday."

I take a bite of my apple smiling and stop. "Wait, this was last Saturday?"

They nod. 

"Which makes today next Frid-"

"Everyone!" I hear Jax yell and I see Lydia grinning at me.

I turn around and see him standing on top of the lunch table. I cover my face and start laughing. "He's such a dork!"

"I have something very important to ask a very lucky lady," he says.

I see Campbell Johnson get overly excited at the table next to Jax. Will looks over at her and shakes his head at her and a frown is plastered on her face.

"Jaclynn Rose Winston," he starts. I see Noah walk into the cafeteria and he smirks leaning against the doorframe. "Will you give me the greatest honor of going to homecoming with me?"

I smile and walk over to him at the other side of the room. I stop in front of him and he helps me up onto the table with him. 

"Hi," I whisper

"Hey," he says with a smile. He hands me a bouquet of lilies. He remembered I love lilies. Roses are too cheesy.

"You remembered?"

"Of course," he answers. "So what do you say?"

"Yes," I answer and he kisses me.

The cafeteria erupts into a collection of applause and I can' stop smiling. That is until my eyes find Noah's and he mouths 'annoying' to me and I roll my eyes at him before kissing me again.

***

"Hey, Red!" Noah yells as I unlock my Porshe and hold the door open.

"Noah..."

"I heard you are on the volleyball team," he says.

"Yeah, and...?"

"Well you are just proving my point that you are annoying," he says and leans against my car.

"I am not annoying. I'm successful. I'm on student council, an honors student, and I'm captain of the volleyball team," I tell him and fold my arms over my chest.

"Wow! You just became ten times more annoying!" He exclaims.

I open the car door farther and get inside. 

"Oh and your car? A 911 turbo convertible Porshe? Bright ass yellow? Even more annoying." He says.

Freddy gets in the front and Sully drags himself into the back. "I said I wanted the front seat, but no don't listen to me," Sully complains

"You had the front all week. Ask Jackie," Freddy says pulling out his phone and putting his earbuds in.

"Dude, that's Noah Reed," Sully says and slaps Freddy across the back of the head.

"Who're they?" Noah asks leaning in the window of my car and nodding his head in the direction of the twins.

"My brothers. That's Freddy and that's Sully." I say.

"You're the new quarterback, right?" Freddy asks Noah.

"Yeah," Noah answers nonchalantly.

"You are so good. I watched you try out," Sully says.

"Thanks, bud," he says and gives him a lopsided smiles. "I should get going. When's your sister's next volleyball game?" 

"On o'clock tomorrow at Woodridge High," Sully answers and I pinch him.

"I'll see you then, Red."

"I hate both of you. You are doing my chores tonight," I say.

"Fine, but can we get ice cream?" Sully asks.

"After we pick up Brian and Chance."

"Love you, Lynn," Freddy yells over the music pounding in his ears.

"Yeah, Yeah whatever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 894 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
98K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
3.3K 110 23
I quickly wiped my eyes making my way back into the auditorium, we had to finish blocking Romeo and Juliet. "Oh Haley?" "Hmm?" "Want to go out later...
10.9K 334 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...