Cinderella's Twist

By gracieyarb

"The countdown is starting," he says standing up and pulling me up with him. "So this is it huh?" He smiles... More

NEW STORY
chapter one: i'm missing a party, not getting pregnant
chapter 3: you sound like one of those obnoxious old ladies from a 1990s comedy
characters
chapter four: you're a dork, i hope you know that
chapter five: i'm sick of the good girl, bad boy plotline
chapter six: little miss perfect doesn't even party?
chapter seven:three and a half episodes of grey's anatomy
chapter eight: i think he's in love with you
chapter nine: noah reed=mystery boy? yeah, maybe in a million years
chapter ten: this is what is throwing my whole theory off
chapter eleven: i'm the guys from the ball
chapter twelve: you are my acquaintance that i make out with
chapter thirteen: a small town in idaho
chapter fourteen: you're our sister. boom, legit reason
C O M I N G S O O N + N E W B O O K
chapter fifteen: they'd assume you had sex in their house
chapter sixteen: guess who i have to fucking marry?
chapter seventeen: the prize goes to the heart throbbing couple
chapter eighteen: nobody likes a tease
chapter nineteen: we're all a little crazy
chapter twenty: high school sweethearts or something
chapter twenty-one: he's your boy, don't lose him
chapter twenty-two: you're just...gorgeous, you know?
chapter twenty-three: 2,243 miles away from me
chapter twenty-four: family bear hug
chapter 25: merry christmas & happy birthday to the wackiest family in l.a.
chapter twenty-six: so many people that I would pay to have killed right now
chapter twenty-seven: hell no
chapter twenty-eight: left foot on red
chapter twenty-nine: trust me
sequel

chapter two: an fbi secretive location

1.7K 73 4
By gracieyarb

JACLYNN WINSTON'S P.O.V

He starts leading me by the hand towards the huge dance floor. It's a shame I can't see his face. I bet he's gorgeous, but I don't even have time for a boyfriend right now. That and I don't do one night stands. It bothers me and it's pointless. I want something to mean something. It's not worth wasting a night to fall for someone and them not feel the same way. Plus he lives in Idaho. I live in California it wouldn't work out in the sense of things. Although, no one ever said a little fun doesn't hurt anyone.

I don't recognize the song. I get into a typical dancing position and begin to sway with him to the music. I can't bring myself to look him in the eye. It's weird to just have a random guy walk up to you and start talking to me. 

"So, can I know the name of the lovely lady I'm dancing with?" he asks me looking down at me.

"Do you find you not knowing more or less intriguing?" I ask smirking at him.

He smiles and thinks for a second. "Definitely more."

"Then I guess you'll never know my name," I tell him.

"Or see your face," he adds.

I almost forgot about the mask. "Oh, yeah."

"I hope you make it until midnight. That's when everyone takes off their masks," he explains to me.

"Guess we'll just have to see," I tease and smile.

"Your smile is gorgeous."

"Thank you," I reply shyly.

The song comes to a sudden stop and the two of us are left there in an awkward silence. I look around at the others who are chatting and dancing with one another. gosh, I'm so anti-social.

I feel him take my hand and I look up. He smiles at me and jerks his head in the direction of the stairs. "Come on," he says and starts running whilst pulling me through the crowd.

"I hope you know it is extremely hard to run in heels!" I shout over the next song that is beginning to play through the ballroom.

"Live a little," he yells back and I shake my head and laugh.

He has had to already pull me up at least 12 flights of stairs before he reaches a door and stops in front of it.

I clutch my stomach from being out of breath and look at him. "What are we doing?"

"This...is my favorite spot. My dad owns this hotel and I hate coming to these things so my friends and I get away from the party and come up here," he tells me looking at me.

I study his face the best I can. "Okay..."

He grins and pushes open the door to reveal a balcony. Like I've never seen a balcony before. He walks out, holding the door open for me and I follow. "You took me to a balcony?"

I stop just outside the doorway. It's dark out here and all you can see is the black sky. 

"Yes, I mean, no. This is the roof of the hotel. Technically it's restricted," he adds.

I whip my head towards him and slap his arm "You took me to a restricted area! You idiot, what if I get arrested or fined or something. My parents would kill me."

He laughs and holds my arms from slapping me anymore. "Whoa, easy there tiger. It's perfectly fine. The worst that could happen is that we're asked to leave. PLus it's not just the roof."

"What else is it then? An FBI secretive location that is going to arrest me for going into a restricted area?" I say sarcastically and fold my arms over my chest.

"Man, you are stubborn."

"Only when I need to me."

"Close your eyes and walk straight until you hit the railing," he tells me.

"Why? So you can push me off?" I ask taking a step back before he grabs my elbow and pulls me forward.

"Just do it, Red," he tells me and I close my eyes and start walking slowly.

"Did you just call me 'Red'?" I ask him as put my hands out to feel for the railing.

"Yes I did," he answers.

"Uh, why?"

"Because of your lipstick. That and every time I talk to you, from what I can see, your cheeks get red. Plus, what else am I supposed to call you?" he tells me.

"Good point. Now, I need a pet name for you," I respond tripping over something and almost falling.

"You good?" he asks me.

I brush myself off and keep walking. "You know a little bit of guidance would be good, nimrod."

"Sorry, this is just very amusing." He says with a chuckle and I stick my tongue out at what I hope is him.

I run into the stone wall that is acting as a railing. "Can I open my eyes now?"

"Hold on," he says and is suddenly behind m with his body pressed against me and his hands over my eyes. "On three, okay?" I nod. "One, two, three."

He removes his hands from my eyes and reveals an entire overview of the city whatever city that is. I gasp at the view. All the lights pop against the black background. 

"It's gorgeous," I say breathing out.

I can feels his eyes looking into my profile.

"So are you," he says and I look over at him.

"You can't even see me. i could be hideous for all you know. I could be covering myself up with tons of makeup so I don't show my warts and blackheads." I say turning to face him and leaning against the wall.

"You are very right. But I know that's not true," He says taking a step closer and I start fiddling with my ring.

"Really? And do you know its not?" I ask bending my neck back at him to look him in the eye.

"Because whether or not yu are ugly or not. You have a pretty personality. That's all that's really important." He puts his hand over my cheek and I close my eyes at the touch.

Nope, focus Lynn.

I move back and turn.

I hear him sigh, but not in an annoyed way. "So," he starts. "what's the ring for?"

I look down at the ring my mom gave to me for my eighth birthday. It was too big when she gave it to me so I used to show tissue paper between the ring and my finger. ONe time I thought I lost it and started crying. Luckily Derek found it for me. I haven't taken it off since.

"My mom gave it for me. It's a piece of her old wedding ring that my brother broke. My mom didn't want to just get rid of the diamonds and get a new ring so she saved what she could and made it into a ring that could fit me. Now, I never take it off."

"You are full of possibilities aren't you, Red?" he asks amused.

I turn around and smile. "Maybe."

***

The next few hours, Mystery Boy and I sit on the rooftop talking about the most random things. He's so sweet. He's kind. He's funny. He's completely and utterly too good to be true.

"30! 29! 28! 27!"

"The countdown is starting," he says standing up and pulling me up with him.

"So this is it huh?"

He smiles. "Yep, it-"

"Girl I have been looking absolutely everywhere for you!" Andrea yells at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask her walking over to her.

"My mom wanted us home by ten to celebrate my birthday. Wanna tell me what time it is?"

"Shit!" I yell. "I had an amazing time really, thank you," I say to the boy and follow Andrea who is rushing down all of these flights of stairs.

"Red!" I hear him yell for me. A boy I don't even know is chasing after me. I feel like I'm in a movie.

Andrea and I are running through the ballroom and they are about to hit one so Andrea and I rip off our masks and leave them on the floor.

NOAH REED'S P.O.V

I watch her run up the staircase with Andrea. I stop in front of her mask that sits on the marble floor. I bend over and pick it up.

"What's her name?" Parker asks me.

I take off my mask and watch her dress fade out of existence.

"No clue," I say.

"What's she look like?"

"Not a clue," I say again.

"You never saw what she looked like or knew her name so what have yu been doing for the past four hours?" he asks me.

"If only you knew."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 23 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
37.4K 230 11
"I... Am here to see you.", I told him as I placed my hands around his neck. I could feel my heart beat getting faster but I had to keep it strong if...
467 14 30
Everyone has those first day jitters, right? Would it be any different if you came from a different country? Jace Wilson has just moved from Russia...
4.7K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...