Roots

By FireyRose16

Beatrice Prior- a lonely girl who grew up in Abnegation Tobias Eaton - a boy who never belonged Tris and Tob... More

Prologue: I Wait
Chapter 1: The Choice is Mine
Chapter 2: I Jump
Chapter 3: Those Eyes
Chapter4: He's Gone
Chapter 5: The Feeling
Chapter Tris: Too Close
Chapter 7: I Apparently Have A Death Wish
Chapter 8: Shoot
Chapter 9: Heartbroken
Chapter Fourtris: Drowning
Chapter 11: Playing With Knives
Chapter 12: A Breath In The Face Of Fear
Chapter 13: Red
Chapter 14: We Kiss
Chapter 15: Love You Too
Chapter 16: Old Rage
Chapter 17: First
Chapter 18: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 19: Dauntless or Pansycake
Chapter 20: Toby
Chapter 21:Passed Out On Zeke's Floor
Chapter 22: You're Up
Chapter 23: Not Being Heard
Chapter 24: Broken
Chapter 25: Capture the Flag
Chapter 26: Finally
Chapter 27: Free
Chapter 28: In Public
Chapter 29: Hoping
Chapter 30: PARTY!
Chapter 31: Truth Or Dare... Round Two
Chapter 32: Will You Marry Me?
Chapter 33: "YES," she squeals
Chapter 34: And the Two of us Head to Breakfast.
Chapter 36: This Is The Start
I Hate Myself for doing this

Chapter 35: He Gives Us A Look, And Leaves

233 8 2
By FireyRose16

At breakfast, we all sit at our normal tables, almost as if nothing has changed. Almost as if we were still initiates.

"Hello," Toby announces, standing on a table. "New Dauntless members, I'd like to remind you that tonight at six you will be picking jobs."

At the proclamation, almost everyone pales, which means some Dauntless-borne who prefer to stay in the cave which we call home are almost white.

——————— Witney ————————

"What jobs do you think are available?" Chris asks aloud as we head back to the dorms which won't be dorms for long. Each job has an apartment that goes with it, with the more desk jobs having well- desks, and each one made to work with the lifestyle.

I'm honestly surprised Dauntless thinks about stuff like that. Here, I wouldn't've thought it would matter. It seems almost Erudite of them.

"I heard that there was two openings at the clothing stores," Marlene tells Christina. "Rumor has it that the rooms come with sewing equipment so you can make your own pieces."

I know what Chis will choose.

They go on talking about what they have heard or in some cases- what Zeke has confirmed.

"What about you Tris?" I hear Will ask.

"Leader of course," comes a voice from the door. "Uriah too."

I turn, knowing exactly who it is. There Tobias is, leaning against the door frame in all his glory.

"I think you're mistaken," I tease. "We already have five leaders."

He shakes his head and replies, "that's where you're wrong, all of our leaders just got convicted of treason. They were planning on working with Erudite to place everyone in a simulation to kill the Abnegation. Now there needs to be at least three leaders, preferably five if possible."

"And how do you know this?" Lynn asks.

"Because I have been offered to take one of the positions." He informs her. "I've been saying no for two years because of what happened to the leadership, but now it can be built back better than before."

"Has anyone else been chosen?" Zeke asks, suddenly appearing behind Toby in the doorway.

"Tori is one and a man named Adam is the other, which would leave two places for initiates one and two."

He gives us a look, and leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.2K 67
what would happen if tris or as Is in her old school Beatrice moves to Chicago high school and meets an mysterious boy named four . Will her life eve...
22.3K 469 33
A Divergent fanficion In this fanfiction, Tris and Tobias meet in Abnegation. The basic plot of Divergent, Tris transferring to Dauntless and her and...
9.6K 328 25
This is book one of I am dauntless tetralogy. I hope you enjoy it. The story begins with a girl named Daniella from abnegation faction. All in her 16...
438K 9.7K 23
โ™• beatrice prior is not your typical nineteen year old girl. she's crazy beautiful, all girls want to be her and all boys dream of dating someone nea...