Insanity of Possession ( Yand...

By uneey2008

Y/N was four when her father remarried to a rich women, this would be a dream to most children but there was... More

Teaser Of The Future
Cutting The Ties
Safe Heaven Under Threat
Growing Ever Closer
Forcing Her Hand
Reluctant Return
Awaking To Waiting Hand's
Attention's That Burn
The Games They Play
Peace Doesn't Come Easily
Winning A losing Battle

Insanity To Come

11.9K 292 57
By uneey2008

Growing under my breath as I read over the contract in front of me I sat back in the old wine red leather chair enjoying the sound of the material groan under me, it was familiar and calming reminding me of my father. A sad frown settled on my features as my eyes wondered to the frame on what was now my desk, it was nothing precious to look at; just a simple plastic frame which I had made for him the edge decorated with various colour glitters and stickers I had at the time. Father had said he loved it and would treasure it always, and he had right until the day of his death; it stayed on his desk no matter what holding one of our shared memories inside. The photo inside was a trip we had taken when I was four, we were at the zoo and somehow my father had convinced the staff to let me hold a snow owl; father was kneeled at my side pride in his eyes as I held the owl up with help from the mostly useable zoo keeper. I felt a small smile try to grow on my face only to fail falling back into the sad frown when memories of my father's death came to mind, the doctor had called it suspicious at the time but had found no proof to back up his claims; I believed him though despite that. Shaking my head I looked back at the contract on the desk letting the thoughts return to the back of my mind as I reached for the phone on my desk. Pressing for the direct line to the part of the company I needed I waited, with Nickolas where he was I was left in control of the various family businesses which not only added to our wealth but made the family name so renowned, to say I frustrated with it was an understatement; I had been home schooled and being bright I had passed long before others my age so I was more than qualified for the role but that didn't make it any less stressful. "Well hello Y/N, how can I help?" I knew that cocky voice anywhere and silently cursed my luck, Harry Poole was the last man I had wanted to talk to, he was and always had been Nickolas's best friend and partner in crime; and also director of our technology company... well the main one. "Harry, do you mind telling me who the hell wrote up the contract for the Dorian account?" A deep chuckle was my instant reply as the sound of moving paper reached my ears, but I ignored it waiting for my answer. "Well good morning to you too Y/N, and it seems the contract was drawn up by the Dorian accounts staff; and a copy was sent to you for review as soon as we got it. Why? Something off with it? It would have been proof read before it was sent to you for approval"

My eyes locked on the contract trying to burn it with my gaze alone, if this was proof read someone had screwed up and I wanted this taken care of now. "Then Harry you have some asses to kick. Not only is the contract for forty percent less profit than we agreed, but it also has completely removed the ten percent shares that was to be signed over to us if we agreed to fund their research!" I knew I was snapping at him but I was in business mode right now and being nice would get me nowhere, besides I had known Harry since I moved here with my father and he was used to me by now. The silence on the phone was telling, clearly Harry hadn't known about this. "I will deal with it today. Personally" The calm tone was chilling but I made myself ignore it knowing it wasn't directed at me, clipping my own tone to be calm and collected. "Good. I want the correctly drawn up contract on my desk by Monday at latest, don't make me come down there and do this myself Harry." I moved to hang up but his voice darkened and called my attention back, the familiar shivers running over my skin knowing that tone all too well. "Oh please do Kitten, it's been so long since I saw you. Nickolas wont be pleased you know, when he finds out you denied me access to our house" I closed my eyes forcing myself to calm down, I knew he was right. Since Nickolas was gone I had authority over the house and that meant I could lock him out, but once my brother found out he would be very angry at me for that; he and Nickolas were close and they shared pretty much everything... including how they behaved with me. He had come to stay many times over the years and when our parents were gone Harry all but lived here with us, but when Nickolas was put into the asylum I had him removed by the staff; knowing that he had no way to tell Nickolas what I had done and fight me on it. Swallowing I ignored the thought of what would happen when my brother was released, being thankful at least he had no contact with the outside world to know about what I was doing for now. "Its not OUR house its my house, and you should never have been here in the first place... and Nickolas isn't going to find out" I hated how my voice had wavered at the end, but even I doubted my own words, despite trying I hadn't been able to bribe anyone into keeping my brother in the asylum longer or to say he was dangerous; it seemed whatever I offered them something else was making them side with Nickolas. I had tried cutting off his access to money and I had made it almost impossible for anyone from our staff to contact him, but nothing was working.

A dark chuckle was my only response from the phone at my declaration, I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise; an instinctual act in warning of some kind of danger. "Oh Kitten; I missed how naive you are. I will have the contract on you desk a.s.a.p. Oh and Y/N?" I swallowed not wanting to reply but found myself doing so without realising it, my voice losing its natural fire and becoming quiet and unsure like a child awaiting their punishment. "Yes?" There was silence for a moment before Harry's voice came through again, filled with authority and deepening making me shiver involuntarily. "Say hello to Nickolas for me when you visit today" My eyes widened as the line cut off leaving me with the white noise of the phone and the silence of the study around me, I pulled aback looking at the phone in mild shock; how did he know I was visiting the asylum today? My mind whirled trying to find some answer but came up with none, I told no one of my visits other than the doctor in the asylum as I booked it through him each time I left the previous visit. Taking some time to calm myself I crabbed the contract fisting it and crumpling the paper in my hand as I stood, moving quickly away from the desk making the chair scrape the floor loudly as I thrust myself out of it. Making it to the fire place I flung the contract into the flames watching in satisfaction as the pristine paper set alight and burned away, I remained watching the flames after it was gone trying to piece together my thoughts. It had been eight months since Nickolas was imprisoned in that dark place but it had not been long enough, with each new visit the doctor boasted how well he was doing and becoming more stable; in recent months talking about him being safe to release. I had tried to fight him on it insisting he wasn't, that he was pretending to be well behaved to be released but the doctor insisted that there was no way for an unstable person to act stable as my brother had; I glared at the flames knowing he was wrong. Nickolas had always been like two different people, one he showed to the outside world and our family...then the one that only Harry and I knew, and one I had feared since the day I came to this house.

( FLASHBACK )

I fidgeted in my seat in the old car as me and my father drove down the unfamiliar street, every house was bigger than any I had ever seen before and yet none looked welcoming as our old apartment building had. Daddy had just returned a week ago from his business trip only to tell me I had a new mummy and we were moving into our new home, where I would have my own room and lots of space to play; and a big brother. I didn't want a new mummy or a big brother but looking at my Daddy even now I couldn't bring myself to voice those thoughts, even now he was smiling like he used to; like before I was born in the old photo's he had shown me of him and my mother when they were younger. Clutching the small toy cat closer to me I looked up at the huge mansion we were driving to, having driven through a large set of pretty gold and black gates; my small mouth falling open a little at the sight. As we came closer to the large building I noticed a woman and boy standing on the steps leading to the large double doors of the house, and I couldn't help but look at Daddy not sure what to make of the two staring at us; the car stopped and my father looked down at me with a reassuring smile getting out of the car. I followed taking off my bet and turning just in time as a unfamiliar middle aged man opened my door, he smiled down at me gently making me blush and look away moving out of the car to my father's side; holding his offered hand tightly. As we came to stop on the bottom of the stairs the woman came down kissing my father before turning to me, a warm smile was on her face as she crouched down to be closer to my eye level; Daddy moved away leaving me with her watching a small distance away. Shyly I looked up at the lady in front of me, she was very pretty with eyes like the sea I saw in my father's magazines sometimes and long blonde hair which was held in place with a golden chain headband; a gentle smile in place on her light red lips as she watched me take her in. "I am very happy to meet you Y/N. I am Eve your daddy's wife, but you can call me mummy if you like."

Her gentle tone calmed me instantly and I more confidently smiled in return, my small voice trying it best to sound polite like I had been taught to be when meeting new people. "It's nice to meet you" My new mummy's smiled only grew as she watched me with warmth before she suddenly seemed to remember something and signalled to her side, I didn't look at what she was signalling to still taking in the my very pretty new mummy. When the boy she had been standing with her entered my eyes sight though I felt my stomach tighten in worry, he was watching me seemingly no interest; like when a child was told to eat their vegetables before they get pudding. He had short and slightly shaggy hair the same colour of the lady at his side but his eyes were different, and they were focused soley on me making me shy away a little; the silver eyes assessing me quietly. But my gaze turned back to the lady at his side when her gentle voice called to me again, making me slightly less worried about this new boy. "Y/N, this is my son Nickolas; he's going to be your big brother. Nickolas, this is your new little sister Y/N that I told you about. Say hello darling" At her encouragement the boy came closer and took my cheeks in his hands, his eyes locking with mine as he stared into me; and I noticed there was blue in his eyes too. After what seemed like an hour his face broke into a smile that sent a shiver through me, and he soon pulled me into a tight hug as he put his head on top of mine. "I love her mother, she is cute." I could just make out my new mummy smiling at my daddy happily as he returned the gesture, I went to move away and stand with my father again but the arms around me tightened keeping me in place. "Well Nickolas darling why don't you show Y/N her new room next to yours, while I show your father our room. I will send Matilda to get you when dinner is ready" I felt Nickolas nod above me before my hand was captured and I was being pulled up the stairs, I could see Daddy and mummy entering the house behind us and disappearing from my sight as I was left with my new sibling as he pulled me inside and up a huge set of stairs; not giving much time to look at anything as he all but dragged behind him.

Finally after what seemed like a maze of corridors I was taken to a set of white doors, both were white wood and were painted like ivy was growing on their edges in pretty swirls and twists; and the centre panel of each door was a silver plaque in place one with my Y/N's and the other room inscribed in cursive. Nickolas being bigger than me opened the door with ease where I would have only just been able to reach it, and slowly still clutching my old kitten toy in my arm walked inside after his retreating form. My eyes widened taking in the beautifully decorated room, it was pale cream on most of the walls but after coming inside and turning I found the entire wall where the doors were was painted as if it was a forest; the tree's topped with fresh green leaves some just turning amber or brown and flowing in the air as if suspended in time. Animals were hiding amongst the foliage and each time I looked I found a new one, a stay with several does some with fawns by them; and rabbit's birds red foxes and even small insects amongst the many I could name. Turning I took in the furniture as there was a wall with French doors which I could see as one was partly open went into a walk in wardrobe, then by the back wall a large double if not king size bed complete with two bedside table and some draws under one window while the other had a window seat set with large soft looking pillows; and on the other wall a dressing table and stool lay ready for use and a door partly open letting me see inside the bathroom as I caught sight of the toilet inside. Even from the distance my eyes could make out the marble floor tiles and white walls which flowed into another mural wall which looked like a scene from the arctic, a small white fox just visible from where I stood as well as a snow covered pine tree. I could feel the wood floor beneath my feet which was smooth and well kept, my feet touching thick and I looked down to see a very large carpet which was a lush mixture of greens and browns like the forest floor. Looking up I found Nickolas watching me his silver eyes taking me in making me hug my kitten closer to my chest, the way he was looking at me now wasn't like when he was on the steps; now his eyes were colder and more scary. Slowly he moved closer to me until he was standing over me making me crane my neck a little to see his face properly, not moving in my confusion to his change in behaviour.

All of a sudden his mouth turned into a smile revealing his teeth as his eyes stayed focused on me, once more moving to pull me into his chest where I could no longer make out his face. "You're perfect, I can tell. You'll listen to your big brother wont you? Because good girls listen to their brothers no matter what" Something about his voice made me shake not sure what to do, he was scaring me a little with how tight he held me; and when I tried to pull back it only seemed to make him tighten his hold. When I didn't answer I was pushed back a little a hand on each of my shoulders as Nickolas stared into my eyes, his smile gone leaving a frown. "You're a good girl, aren't you Y/N?" I nodded quickly feeling my eyes get hot like they did before I cried, but as soon as I nodded he changed; gone was the dark look or scary feeling I got from him as he became the boy on the steps again complete with a cheerful smile. "Great! Come on, I'll show you some of the toys mother picked for you. Then I'll brush your hair, big brothers have to take care of their little sisters and I'm going to take good care of my little sister" I felt almost my stomach hurt with the sudden turn of events, I couldn't decide if I like my new sibling or if I was scared of him but as he began talking away happily; showing me toys and beginning to play with me I forgot how he had scared me before. I began to get lost in the new things I found and after a little while I let him brush my hair with the silver brush on the dressing table while I closed my eyes happily, Daddy didn't brush my hair anymore but I like it when Nickolas brushed my hair for me; and he promised he would brush it for me every day. When a knock came at the door I thought I saw Nickolas frown in the mirror but when I turned around it was gone and smile welcomed me, and the older lady who came in telling us dinner was ready; her name was Matilda and she was very nice. Coming into the giant room for dinner Daddy came over hugging me and checking I like my room, and my new mummy did too before we all sat down; my father at one end and my new mummy at the other while Nickolas took the seat at my side. The food was amazing and I even got to have extra chicken when I finished all mine, when I looked at Nickolas he smiled down at me happily and I returned the smile; before Daddy told me it was time for bed. "I'll take her to bed, then you are mother can relax by yourselves"

I didn't get a chance to object as I was pulled from my chair and towards the door and stairs again, I heard a muted good night from my father and new mummy; no objection or following footsteps. I couldn't understand why Daddy wasn't coming to put me to bed, but as I came up to my room Nickolas pushed me inside gently pointing to the walk in wardrobe. "Mother got you some new nighties and pyjamas chose one and change; then brush your teeth I will be back in ten minutes" His voice was gently as he nudged me in towards the wardrobe before leaving with a gentle click as the door shut behind him, not knowing what else to do I put my kitten down for the first time on the end of the bed; having hidden him on my lap for dinner not wanting to let go of him. Going into the wardrobe the light turned on by itself making me jump, finding a small rail full of pyjama sets and nighties I picked a small; the shorts was baby blue while the tank top was white with light blue stars on it. Coming out I went into the bathroom and used the toilet before looking at the sink finding both a little step for me as the sink was higher than I could reach, as well as a cup and white and silver tooth brush set out with a new tube of tooth paste. Brushing my teeth I went back into the bedroom squealing as I bumped into Nickolas, I hadn't heard the door open or close to let someone in and he was smiling down at me; as if taking in a cute animal. "You scared me" At my quiet voice breaking the silence Nickolas's expression changed, looking as if I had just told him the worst news ever; and he quickly came forward hugging me to his chest. And I finally noticed he only had a set of pyjama bottoms on, as he held me close stroking over my hair. "I'm sorry Y/N. Come on its time for bed" I opened my mouth to object, wanting to get my kitten only to find it missing from where I had left him; and unable to look for him due to the boy picking me up and putting me into the soft covers. Only to follow me and lie behind me on the bed, holding me close to his chest as his arms encircled me; his face nuzzling into me hair and neck. Suddenly feeling tired I let myself snuggle into the bed feeling warm with Nickolas behind me, and just as I began to fall asleep I thought I heard Nickolas mumbled into my hair; it sounded like "My Y/N"

( FLASHBACK END )

Walking down the now familiar corridor towards the large metal door I had come to hate so much, the doctor a few paces in front of me; I had stopped listening to him fully half way here. He was once again trying to convince me that my brother was behaving well and soon would be discharge- wait discharged?! Snapping my full attention back to the elder man I stopped still. "I'm sorry can you repeat that please, I must have misheard you. I thought you said you were going to discharge my-him" My voice shook but I was quick trying to hide the slight panic in it, thankfully the doctor seemed to miss it and looked at me a smiled in place; though what he could be so happy about was beyond me. "That correct Miss Black, your brother has shown significant improvement and control; and myself and the staff have evaluated him to no longer be a danger to him or others. We are having an outside team come in this week so we have an unbiased evaluation to support our own, and should that be corresponding to our own Mr Black will be returning home with you on your next visit" With that said he turned seemingly oblivious to my sudden paleness as shock settled in, slowly I began to follow him again suddenly wishing the door he was currently opening would not open. But of course it did once more slowly revealing the man I dreaded, I limply walked inside the cell as he stood from the bed in the same attire he always wore; his arms coming to open wide a wide smile on his face. I stayed just out of his arms reach my hands folded together over my lap as I was once more locked in with him, my eyes focused on his covered chest not wanting to meet those haunting silver eyes. The sound of the door closing seemed to be all the incentive he needed as he moved forward gently wrapping me in his arms, his chin coming to settle on my cheek on top of my hair; making a sound of annoyance when he bumped into the bun I had set my hair in when I left the house. I didn't move to stop him as his arms left my body moving to pull my hair from its bindings to tumble down my shoulders and back, Nickolas's long fingers coming to run through the strands as if looking for non excitant knots that needed brushing out... like he did when we were little after we finished our separate classes for the day. The memory came with mixed feelings for me as it was both soothing while it also left me all the more nervous of the man in still playing with my H/C hair, as perplexed with his quick changing behaviour and how he got away with it even into adulthood.

The arms returned picking me up around my waist making me tense as I was lifted and brought back to the bed and placed on Nickolas's lap as his arms looped around my waist, I relaxed a little but kept my guard up remembering who was holding me. "So did my doctor tell you the good news?" I stiffened at his confident and smug tone, still not understanding how they could be releasing him; after what he did! I glared at my knee's focusing on a small speck of fluff on my trouser leg, not wanting to meet his gaze; but failed to keep the dislike for the idea in my voice. "Yes, I was informed" My clipped words had hardly left my lips when a hand grabbed my chin making me look directly in those silver eyes, the blue shining through more clearly in his clear anger at my tone. "You have been a good little sister visiting me every week, do not ruin that now. You already have some punishments coming when we get home" My eyes widened at the whispered threat, my mouth opened to defend myself, object in some way but a dark chuckle left his lips stilling me as he looked down at me with dark amusement. "Did you really think you would get away with locking Harry out of our home? Were it not for his glowing reports of how you handled the businesses, I am sure his punishments would be far worse for you; but then he was always far more patient with you than I was" I couldn't help but shudder under his gaze, I should have known he would somehow communicate with Harry, even in here of all places; and I could only worry over what he had told him. Looking away I tried to move off his lap only to have the arm around my waist to tighten, while the hand that had been on my chin came to run along my arm in what to others might have been a comforting manner; but made goose bumps rise leaving me unsure if the touch was welcomed or not. That's when the whisper came, the hot breath fanning my ear as the silken words made their way into my mind. "See how things can be when you're a good girl Y/N? And once I am home it will be just the three of us..." Suddenly the hand on my arm was gone and a large hand was on my lower stomach, the long fingers covering the space as if it held something precious. "For now" Slowly my mind processed the words and my eyes widened in alarm, he couldn't mean... oh dear god no!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 9.7K 30
WARNING __________ This story is dark. It will contain dark subjects, some of which may be triggering to certain readers. Subjects that may be featu...
370 29 5
"If they're getting married does that mean she'll have his kids? I roll my eyes at the thought. 5 Kids, me and hers that was supposed to be the plan...
470 94 17
The first time Cassio met his fiancée, she called him 'Sir'. After losing his wife, Cassio is left to take care of two small children while trying to...
108K 2.2K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...