THE HYBRID

By Jayniel_ezra

*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I... More

I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH
Hi Neighbour
Luci-O-Hell
Puppy!
Hybrid
NOT an Update. please read..
Food is love
You smell nice
Grace.
Crush.
Welcome to Hell
Nightmare...
Cherry
Silver
First File
Mind Reader
the first Rejection?
Heat ideology
I'm RAY.
Girlfriend?!!
Identity
Icecream
New Book(s)?
Trust and Trap
Mine
Liar Liar
No brainer
"Character Descriptions" not update.
Campfire Confession
Waterworks
Alpha
Dr. Stranger Things
Coincidence or Not?
White Hallways
Missed you.
Touch me
The letter
Forever
Beautiful
Death's Deal.
Eva.
No Strings attached
Traitor for a Friend
Hellway Runway
IMPORTANT NEWS
Mistakes
Chasing Desires
Bitter Love
Russian
Broken Promises
Shopping aisles for Prom
Sucker for you
A call was made.
Showdown
Last Breath
Lost paths
Farewell
The Story Never Ends
NEW BOOKS

AVENGER

1.9K 91 69
By Jayniel_ezra

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Welcome back!

Happy reading!❤

Azalea POV:

"I've not even started anything with you Cookie" he smirked.

His silver blue eyes gleamed in the dark bright enough for me to go through a trance. My fingers were still clasped around the door knob, not leaving it. My heart throbbed in my ribcage but my breath was turned down almost to mute.

All he was doing was just sitting on a bed saying unbelievably dangerous words, which i hoped it would have another innocent meaning.

"Aren't you gonna come in?" He said tilting his head, with the smirk plastered on his face.

"Uh..uhh... umm.. I" I stuttered.  "Umm.. yeah... yeah. I was.. just.." I shook my head and walked towards him, leaving the door open... just incase...

I fixated my gaze to the floor but his did not leave from my face.

Play it cool Lea.. play it cool...

I inhaled more air and curled my fingers on the hem of my shirt. I sat at the corner of the bed with my legs crossed. I heard him sigh and I looked at him.

He simply stared at me without his gaze faultering. His silver blue orbs were calm and did not look anything like the raging sea which was just a minute ago.

"Its nice see you again Cookie.." he said softly.

"Hmm?" I raised both of my eyebrows, confused.

What does he mean by its nice to see you again? What is he talking about?

He shook his head, "nothing..."

I was very much confused and nothing made sense for the moment.

Its okay lea... its.. fine... just calm down.. just-

"You saw everything... didnt you?" His voice sounded dark and hoarse.

My eyes widened and i stopped breathing. "I... I dont know what you are talking about Zack.." I lied.

The image of him laying on the bed, gripping sheets and bucking his hips up in air, was so bizzare that i couldnt wipe it away from my mind.

But, the very little pride left in me wanted itself to be rescued,so I lied. Lied to have not seen anything.

I heard him chuckle, "I can feel your body tensing up Cookie. I can feel the sweat beads running down your forehead. I can feel the heat slipping out from you." He shifted his weight and leaned his back to the wall. His right leg was folded up, where his hand rested on his knee.

"Don't you know that 'heat signs' can be very dangerous around someone like me?"

I suddenly looked at him, entirely confused with what he was talking about. The light from outside no more reached his face and all I could see was a black shadow with its eyes closed.

I gulped at him.

What? WHAT IN THE WORLD HE IS TALKING ABOUT? HEAT? HEAT WHAT?

He opened his eyes, resulting a shudder run down in me. He straightened both of his legs, with his toes almost touching my tighs.

"I will let you go this time, since you truly do not know what Im talking about. Trust me, the next time I will be back, I wont try to restrain myself..."

He licked his lips, "Until then, I will wait for you..."

A smile broke out of his face showing his toothy scary yet mesmerising grin.

Few more seconds passed and  everything came back to standstill. All i coud hear was my own heart drum rolling in my ribcage.

Zack did not move from his place not even for a second. It looked as if he had passed out.
I gazed a little more at the silent beast and waved my hands infront if his face.

There was no reaction so I crept closer towards him. I shook his arm, "Zack?"

He just grumbled in response.

Huh... is he really passed out after all that.?

What is all this crap?

"Zack?" I shook his arm again and his head slumped down, hitting the pillow.

I gasped and drawed my hands back. I sat closer to him this time. I positioned his head properly on the pillow.

His body radiated warmth all over again, driving me crazy.

This is just like last time... He doesnt seem sick, but he is having his temperature this high? And tops he passed out after talking all that load of creepiness. What is he exactly going through?

I shook my head and left him there walking downstairs. I grabbed the medicine bag that I had bought earlier and hopped upstairs.

I walked inside the room and turned up the lamp beside the bed. The dim light served enough help for me to see in the room and to not wake up Zack.

I looked over at his wound. It was bad...

It looked worse than before and it looked like he dug his nails in his wound. I took out the antiseptic liquid and bandages from the bag.

His eyes were firmly closed and I noticed him grit his teeth in his sleep. I sighed and placed my hand over his warm head.

It will be okay...

I mended his wound and covered it securely with new bandages. He hissed at me couple of times in his sleep when I was a little harsh against his bruise.

I cleared up all the mess and picked up his shirt from the floor and put it in the bin. I tucked him under the sheets and sat back.

Please dont go around saying stuff that you dont know what it will turn into Zack... I hope you get better soon...

"Mmm.." he whimpered in his sleep. I leaned in closer to him, to hear what he was saying.

"What is it Zack?" I softly asked. His hand reached for mine. He intertwined his long fingers with mine.

I was a little scared but I gave in to him.

"Zack?"

He shifted his head to the side and his lips chattered a bit.

"Dont... Dont leave me... Grace.."

********

I woke up to my alarm beeping beside my bed. I woke up and rubbed my eyes amd stared into the wall, dazed.

Everything that happened last night left a bitter taste in my mouth. Everything was just too creepy at the beginning and then at the end? The end was like a slap to my face!

After everything that i did for him last night... stayed even when he was acting like a predator... helped him with his wound... and he calls me what? GRACE?

That devil who got him in all this the first place... He was asking her to not leave... he was asking her to stay...

Arghhhjhgghhjhhhhh... Im losing my mind! This son of a $^#&#^*&&#*$&*#

I slumped down on my pillow and dramatically cried into it.

It got so awkward when he said 'Grace' yesterday. I had no idea what to do. It just irritated me so much that I was doing everything yet, the credits were been given to somebody else... and that somebody else was none other that Grace.

Her name was enough for my rage to go through a roller coaster ride burning down the whole amusement park.

If he was talking about her in his sleep... so, what if he was imagining things about her, before I walked in yesterday?

I shivered at that. What am I even thinking? LEA THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Arghhhn.. whyyyyyyyy whyyyyyy.... how will I see him today?

I slapped my face with my hands, in the attempt to wake myself up from this nightmare.

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom.

******

I came downstairs dressing up in a high rise denim skirt and a full hand oak brown colored shirt tucked in.

Today is a special day.

I will hang out with Jaren after our class today. Finally this day surfaced up and I wanted to look my best. I headed into the kitchen where Zack was seated eating his breakfast.

I went to the fridge and grabbed the milk can. I poured some milk into a glass and placed the can back in the fridge. I leaned against the counter and took out my phone.

Just then Zack called out to me. I looked at him and put up fake smile.

"Isn't your skirt a little too short?" He asked in a monotone.

What? WHAT?

I scoffed at him and placed my phone down. "Goodmorning Zack.." I said sipping milk.

He looked slightly annoyed but put a innocent face, "I was saying you something..."

I tilted my head to see him, "I know... but I chose to unhear that"

"Why are you wearing things like that?" He said leaning back into his chair.

"Dude this is 2018...okay? And besides... there are so many girls at school who wear nothing compared to this.." I said placing the glass in the sink.

Zack was never bothered with the way I dressed... but what is up with him these days? He always tells a thing or two with the way I dress.

He didnt say anything to that and remained calm. I put on my shoes and waited for Zack to join.

"Cookie..." he hummed slowly. I turned around to look at him. "Do you find me annoying?"

"What? What no... No! " I confronted him.

He simply looked down at me. This was the longest I stared into his eyes after last night. His eyes were calm blus and I heaved a sigh of relief.

He raised his eyebrow at me and I sighed again, "... yes.. kind of.."

"Im sorry..." he muttered slowly. His black ears folded down in sadness. I looked back at him and his face looked sad.

"I wont bother you anymore..."

I smiled and put the cap over his head, which he was holding in his hand. I stood on my toes to reach his height. I smiled at him again, "Its okay..."

He smiled back and tugged his hands into his pockets.

I quickly locked the house and walked out with Zack.

I hope.. today will be a good day...

********

I went straight to my locker after i entered the building. Zack seemed to have disappeared somewhere in the crowds.. but im sure he is okay. I grabbed by class books and shut my locker.

I walked in my first class.

Math.

Huh.

Grace.

And Zack.

Can someone get me breather beacuse im losing it all seeing her leaning in closer to him. I have no idea why I get mad seeing her.... she just radiates bad vibes all over and NO ONE SEES IT! That is highly unacceptable and im sick of it.

I walked in and sat down in my seat. Damian wasnt in yet, so I had no one to kill time with and there is no way Im going up to Zack when that devil wanders around. I will just keep a lookout but not meddle into anything.

The teacher walked in and everyone came back to their seats. Grace trotted down the aisle and sat down next to me. She didnt say anything, so neither did I. Im not allowing myself to go through that "Mean Girls" phase... so I will stay the smart one.

Ms. Fitzgerald started calling out names and we responeed to her one by one.

I read my book, trying to solve some problems until I saw highly manicured fingers tapping my desk. I looked at the owner who was smiling sweetly at me.

That fake smile tho...

I smiled back in the same frequency of hers ,"do you need something?"

"Yeah.. " she took out a book and tossed it over my desk. "I need some help with this..."

I looked through the page and found a really hard calculus problem.

This is not based on our syllabus... didn't she say that Math was hard for her? Why is she jumping over with this then?

"Grace... This isnt based on our syllabus... This is-"

"Are you gonna solve it or not? Zack said you are smart!" She said smirking as if I had lost.

I turned back to see Zack who was infact looking at us.

Well shit! He is hearing what we are talking... okay, Lea you can deal this the mature way.

"I can solve it... " I gave her a fake smile.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at me.

Whats with all that straight up bad attitude?

I clenched my fists tightly supressing myself from doing anything crazy.

Lea.. she is Zack's friend... for Zack...

I heaved a sigh and looked back at the teacher.

"Okay students... I think we will have a little surprise test today.." the teacher hummed.

Everyone groaned and threw a tantrum in the classroom.

Why Lord?

"Nothing can stop it. Please keep your books away. Take these papers. Take one and pass the others to the back..." she said handing over the question papers.

I took a paper and and passed the bundle back.

Okay...

I looked through the paper reading it thoroughly.

Okay Lea, this is isnt that hard... you can do it...

Most of the questions were pretty easy and did not involve any hard calculus equations. I took out my pen and began ticking out the correct answers.

"Psss" I heard Grace hiss at me. I side eyed her and she folded her legs up.

I whispered, "what?"

"Show me your answers..." she hissed, acting casual so that she wouldnt catch Ms. Fitzgerald's eye.

WHAT?

"What?!!" I asked her. She just tilted her head to the side and tapped her fingers on the desk.

"No!" I said firmly and looked back at my paper.

She glared at me and went back to scribble in her paper. She scribbled stick figures who are getting massacred. 

Is she a maniac? Ohmygod! What have I gotten myself into?

******

I handed over my paper and so did Grace. The teacher looked up at Grace, after gkancing into her paper.

"Im new and I do not know the concept..." she said shrugging her shoulders. The teacher let her go and walked out of the class. Zack and all the other students were out since they finished early.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the door but stopped when I heard Grace call my name.

"You"  she chuckled "you are worse than I thought"

"Im sorry?" I asked her folding my arms, now facing her.

"Apology accepted!" She grinned at me and I clenched my fist.

"I wanted to speak to you..." she said twirling her hair between her fingers

"You better hurry up then" I said trying to be nice.

"Okay. Two things. Firstly, you're a bi*ch. Secondly, stay away from Zack 'cause he is mine..." she smiled.

She smiled after saying that!

What the$^#*&$&$*$&*$^$&  &$*$*&&&#**#

"Can you mind your language?" I said gritting my teeth.

"Ummmmmm.. no. Not to you." She smiled again.

She looked at her phone and looked back at me, "oh! I've to go now... Zack is waiting outside... see ya later"

She waved at my face and walked out of the class leaving me stranded. A whole war of big bang theory was going through me and I was supressing it all.

She.messed.with.the.wrong.girl.

Uh-huh Satan... I aint taking this s*it...

How in the world can someone be this mean? It feels like Im in those predictable cheesy movies...

I swear I have the urge to push that girl out of a window!

I calmed myself down and ran my hand through my hair and groaned loudly.

I hate her I hate her I hate her.. arghgshsjsjkkkhsnjsj

I shook my head and walked out of the class.

********

I had another class after Math and I was glad that I was not seated anywhere near Grace. The class ended up with the four of us isolated in different directions.

Four? Damian showed up for this class so.. yeah.. I felt a little at rest.

I did not eat lunch in the cafeteria even today. Im not being paranoid, but Grace has worked all her charms on me which makes me stay away from her. Im always a little worried about Zack... but I realised there was nothing I have to worry about when Matthew and the other boys are next to him.

I sat out in the park alone, to clear out my mind. I had dressed up today to go out with Jaren but then I just dont know where I left my mind. I sighed and leaned back into the bench, regretting today's happenings.

Maybe I should have just punched her...I will do that next time...

"Hey!"

The familiar warm soothing voice flung my eyelids open. I saw his gorgeous face right next to me and my heart began racing at an inhuman speed.

"J-Jaren?" I stuttered.

Ahhhh Why Lea? Why do you stutter you dumbass?

"Hmm.." he chuckled

How can someone chuckle that smoothly? If he shows that smile again I think I will melt into a pile of blob.

"You seem surprised... did I disturb you?" He asked looking at me. His hair was slicked back today and those beautiful eyes made me wanna crawl into his arms.

What are you even thinking Lea?

I mentally slapped myself and shook my head coming back to the present. "No... no... I was just meditating... you know? Trying to clear my head... and all.." my voice faded.

Why am i talking so much?

"Ohh I see..." he smiled. "do you have time?" He asked me.

"Right now? Yeah... I dont have any classes because of the programmes" I said looking at him.

"Well okay then... lets go get that coffee you were talking about" he said standing up from his place.

He what? He.. he wants to go out? What? Ahhhhhhhh

Ohmygod. Im so happy. Dressing up today was totally worth it... yeass!!

"You coming or not?" He said looking down at me. I got out of my victory-dance thought and abruptly stood up.

"Yeah!" I smiled at him. I straightened my skirt and tugged my hair behind my ear.

He smiled back at me.

If this is a dream... let it run for ever...

I pursed my lips together to hide my tinted red cheeks. I could feel butterflies in my stomach and everything just seemed beautiful.

I even momentarily forgot about the whole Grace-thing and instantly fell in love with everything around me.

Jaren.. how do I now tell you that I like you? How?

*********

We both appeared at the Starbucks and ordered our favourites.

Iced Caramel Machiato for me and Iced Americano for him.

He sipped his drink while I was busy trying to sketch a plan to get him talk. How very unlikely of me...

"Can I ask you a weird question?" He stopped in the middle of the way.

I turned to him, "yeah?"

Ohhmmyygoodddd what is he going to ask me? What should i do? What should i do?

I bit my lower lip nervously as I looked at me. He observed my facial response and went blank for a second.

"Do you..." he paused

I widened my eyes for his lack of response and I bit my lips harder.

"Do you know... the Avengers?" He blurted out.

WHAT?

"What?" I asked confused.

"You know... Avengers?" He asked me again. His eyes nervously shined and his eyebrows were raised.

"You mean the 'Avengers'... Avengers?" I asked him. The only Avengers I totally worship is the one Marvel owns.

"Yeah.." he smiled.

"What? I-I totally love them!" I said laughing out.

"Really? Are you serious? Im a huge Marvel fan too!" He blurted out in joy.

"What? Ohmygod! " I squealed in happiness. The people walking around us gave weird looks but we both chose to ignore them.

Some man grumbled at us, who had been standing there for few minutes. We bothe decided to walk out of there.

"I really didnt take you as that type of girl who is into action and all..." he said laughing.

"Ohhh you dont know me... and besides, its Avengers... whats not to like about them?" I said walking next to him. I sipped my drink and smiled at him.

He chuckled at my response. "Who is your favourite?" He asked.

"Ummm.. thats a very hard question." I said sitting down on a side bench. "I really love Doctor Strange but I also like Black Panther and Hulk... and dont forget Groot! Ohmygod he is so cute..."

"I know! I love Ironman... He is just the classic!" He chirped.

I nodded my head in approval and laughed again. 

"Did you see Infinity War?" He asked me. I had gone to watch the movie with the boys at the theatre and trust me... while walking out of there, none of us were wearing the expressions we had walked in with. Damian even cried in the theatre.

"I dont wanna talk about it..." I sighed.  "It feels like Marvel dropped a Wakanda-Bomb on top of me.." i looked at him "trust me, Im still not over that movie..."

He laughed loudly, "as a Marvel fan... I totally get you!"

I sighed again but eventually laughed at the end.

I've never talked to Jaren this long in my life. Im really great that Avengers came to my help.

"Hey... isnt that Zack?" He asked me.

Zack?!!

I turned around to see Zack looking directly at me and that crazy witch clinging on his arm.

They both looked at me and Grace slowly smirked. I do not have a good feeling about this...

Why do they have to come here of all places? Why Lord?

Jaren straightened his shoulders and folded his arms. I had my gaze pierced on the smirking devil who was appearing towards us. Zack stopped in the middle and walked away with his phone pressed to his ear. The lone witch approached towards us with a smile on her face.

"Hi!" She squeaked.

Can anybody see that how fake she is?

"Hi" we both said together. My heart would have jumped out hearing me and Jaren say a same thing at the same time... but this did not suit the current situation.

"Oh.. so you guys are going out or.. something?" She asked sweetly. Fake sweetly.

Jaren was taken aback from the sudden question.

"No..." I replied.

"Oh. I should have known... I always find you with one or the other guy at the school..." she smiled.

I didnt know if that was a sympathy note or a note making me look like some desperate slut. That smile of hers was so toxic that I wish I could just lazer shoot her into two halves.

"We are just friends.." I said dryly.

"I knew that beforehand, I was just making sure that you arent trying to steal every guy here ..." she replied in an odd bitchy tone, which surprised both of us. Well not me.. ofcourse... Ive seen a teensy bit more than that.

She is making sure of WHAT? cant she just live her own life? I dont go around asking her if she had a mouth-job done with my bestfriend ! Why does she have to interfere in my goddamned life?

"Ummm, mind if I cut in? " Jaren asked her.

"Yeah?" She spoke softly.

"Look.. I know that you're new and all... but I really find it very uncomfortable of you speaking like that to her... whatever she does, its her own business and its her own life. And if I were you, I wouldnt do that knowing the fact she has some pretty strong friends" Jaren said with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Now if you will excuse us... we have to go somewhere.." he said grabbing my hand and dragging me along.

I caught her bewildered face of loss and failure. She shot a death glareatme and i turned around to face Jaren who was walking ahead of me, his hand still clasping my wrist.

I caught Zack coming out with his phone in his hands. He gave me an empty gaze and I waved at him, pointing at Jaren.

He didnt wave back ofcourse, but he just stood there. We took a turn and he vanished out from my sight.

Jaren finally stopped to look at me," are you okay?"

"Yeah..." I said softly.

"Is she always like that?" He asked me. I slowly walked ahead clutching my backpack straps.

"Kind of..." I said shrugging.

"Wow. She is really mean..." he said gazing at the crowd. "And.. I dont really like her..."

I smiled and shook my head.

I sighed, "I know..... and  thankyou for back there.." I smiled.

"It was nothing... nobody speaks to my friends like that..." he said shrugging.

I would have hugged him at that point but I i restrained myself.

I smiled as my heart pounded in my ribcage wildly

You are my favourite Avenger Jaren!!

Authors Note:

Thankyou for coming back to read this chapter!

Any Marvel fans out there?😅 Me:🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️😅

If you liked this chapter do like and comment!

Follow me up too...

Love you guys! Hope you have a great day!😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
124 18 22
Katriana Leri Moon is a seventeen year old werewolf.You're supposed to meet your mate (your soul mate) at the age of sixteen in the werewolf world...
1.1K 111 36
Michelle's life was almost perfect. Loving family, great college, perfect grades, good friends, and a crush on one of the sweetest guys she's met. Th...
2.3M 57.8K 42
| Highest rank #1 in Werewolf | Completed+Edited (This is only the first draft so there might be some mistakes here and there.) Spin-off to His Luna:...