Heart over Mind (After Romeo...

By brittanyBrat

Alexis Inthavong and Brittany Ruth are going to see After Romeo for the second time after a year had passed... More

Insight
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

44 5 0
By brittanyBrat

Alexis' POV

"Is it me or is something seriously wrong with him?" I asked as I heard the bathroom door shut. "He seems moody." I moved the baby monitor from the living room to the dining room and I sat next to Drew. "Okay, Jayk doesn't seem like himself."

"Because he is very upset?" questioned Devin.

Mariana started crying. "Now?" I asked.

"I guess she knows that Drew is here," said Brittany smiling. I glared at her. "Okay, okay."

"You also know I need help with you know who," I whispered.

"Right," said Brittany. "I'll help with that."

Mariana kept crying. "I'm coming," I said as I ran to Mariana's room. I picked her up and rocked her. Drew walked in. "Hey." I fed Mariana her bottle. "What's up?"

"Just watching," said Drew walked up to me. "She's precious."

"She's my baby," I said smiling. Drew put his hands on my shoulders and looked at Mariana over my shoulder. "She's going to not be sleeping for a while." Mariana shoved the bottle away. "Okay." I put the bottle on her dresser. She started crying. "Mariana."

"Here let me try," said Drew. I handed her to him and she stopped immediately. "It's okay, baby." I smiled knowing Drew was the one who made me and Mariana both happy. "Shh...There we go."

"You're going to be a very good father," I said.

Drew turned off the baby monitor. "Alexis, I have one question to ask you," said Drew as he looked at me. Then back at Mariana. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I looked at Drew, shocked. "You don't have to give me an answer now. It's just since I met the two of you, you're all I could think about."

I smiled. "Drew, of course I will be your girlfriend," I said as we hugged. "But how do I tell Blake this?"

"Why do you have to tell Blake?" asked Drew.

"I sorta have this weird relationship with Blake and it's very complicated to explain," I said.

"Alright," said Drew. "I'll go see the guys."

"While you do that, can you send Blake in?" I asked. Drew nodded and walked out with Mariana. "Alexis, you can do this."

"I need to talk to you," said Jayk walking in. Blake walked in right behind him. "This is really urgent."

"Two clients, one person," I said. "Follow me." We walked back out to the dining room. "Okay, Jayk you stay here while I talk to Blake in my office."

"Office?" asked Brittany.

"We agreed to make the fourth bedroom a library slash office," I said. "I'll be right back." I pulled Blake into my office and closed the door. "Blake, what you and I have, it isn't love."

"It feels like love to me," said Blake.

"I know but it's not," I said. "Brittany made me realize who I've been in love with this whole time." I looked at Blake right in the eyes. "Please say something."

"It hurts to know that it isn't me," said Blake. He showed no emotion. "I really hoped that I would have a chance with you."

"Blake, what we have isn't love," I said. "It's nothing but a school girl crush for me." I sighed. "I'm sorry to say that but, Blake, I love you. I really do but it's not the kind of love you're thinking about. I'm sorry." Blake barged out. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me." I walked out to the dining room. "Jayk, come on." He followed me into my office and closed the door. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I like Britt, I just want to know if she likes me," said Jayk.

"Oh deja vu," I said. "Look, Jayk, I know for a fact that in her heart, it's you she loves."

"How do you know?" asked Jayk.

"You know how Blake and I had that weird relationship and I thought he was the one I wanted to be with?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Jayk.

"Brittany made me realize that the man I'm in love with has been standing in front of me this whole time and it wasn't Blake," I said. "She made me realize it was Drew. So, in Britt's mind, she might be a TC Juliet but at heart, she's a Jayk Juliet." I smiled as Jayk smiled. "Okay?"

"I understand," said Jayk. "Are you a counselor?"

"No," I said. "And I very much only do this for my friends."

Blake's POV

"How I reacted was rude," I said. "I have to go apologize."

"Dude, you stormed out of there like a mad man," said Drew playing with Mariana. "Do you really think it's safe going back in there?"

"I'll take my chances," I said. I walked to the office door. "Okay. Here goes nothing." I took a deep breath and opened the door. "Alexis..."

"I'm with someone," said Alexis.

"It's okay," said Jayk. "You saved me a lot of time."

"Thank you," said Jayk giving her a hug. "Thank you."

"No problem," said Alexis. "Go and get your Juliet, Romeo." Jayk left. "What can I help you with Blake?"

"Alexis, I wanted to apologize for how I reacted," I said. "I'm very sorry. I'll just have to accept that I'm not the guy who will be Mariana's father or your husband."

"Drew's only a boyfriend," said. Alexis. "He's not my husband." I looked at Alexis. "Blake, you're great guy and I know that because I know you but there is a girl out there for you. I'm sorry to say but I'm not that girl."

"I just wish you were," I said. "It would've made life so much easier."

"Look, Blake, the girl of your dreams is right in front of you and you don't even know it," said Alexis. "And before you start thinking, that girl is not me even thought I'm right here."

"I understand," I said.

"That girl could be masquarading as your best friend," said Alexis. "You never know." I nodded and smiled. I turned around. "Wait." She grabbed my wrist. "Just because our relationship didn't turn out the way we planned, doesn't mean we can't be friends."

I smiled. "I would love that," I said holding out my hand. "Friends."

"Friends," said Alexis as she hugged me. "Friends don't handshake. Partners do that." We laughed. "Now, let's get back out to the rest of the group."

"We should," I said. We walked back out. "Hey guys."

"Looks like Alexis has worked her magic," said Brittany.

"We're friends now," said Alexis. "That's all that matters." She looked around. "Where's Drew?"

"Changing Mariana's diaper," said Britt.

"Alone?" asked Alexis as she ran to Mariana's room.

"What she doesn't know is the baby monitor is on," said TC turning up the volume. "Here we go."

"Look at that," said Alexis. "Drew Ryan Scott, changing diapers like a pro."

"Yeah," said Drew.

"I've seen that twinkle in your eyes every time you look at Mariana," said Alexis. "You're completely calm and relaxed like you're on top of the world." I sighed. "And you're a natural born baby burper."

"And I have the burp stains to prove it," said Drew. "I've already had to change my shirt."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Britt.

"But it's like I can't put her down," said Drew. "Everytime I do, she'll start up again." I turned down the monitor as they walked into the dining room. "Anyone up for lunch?"

"Starving," I said. Everyone agreed. "What's a good place for lunch, girls?"

Drew's POV

"Just because they live here doesn't mean they know," I said.

"We've spent our whole life here," said Alexis.

"I say we can eat anywhere as long as the food doesn't eat me," said Britt.

"Taco Bell," I said.

"KFC?" asked TC.

"Golden Corral?" asked Jayk.

"Plenty of food," I said. "But we ate there in Little Rock."

"Let's try the KFC buffet," said Devin.

"I'm with Dev," said Blake.

"To KFC we go," I said.

"Who's riding with me?" asked Alexis. "I got three seats avaliable."

"Me," I said.

"Me," said Blake.

"Who's riding with me?" asked Britt. "I got three seats."

"Me," said Jayk.

"Me," said TC.

"Dev, who are you riding with?" asked Alexis.

"I'll ride with you," said Dev. Todd walked in. "Todd, we're about to head to KFC. Wanna come?"

"Sure," said Todd smiling. "Who am I riding with?"

"Me," said Britt.

"Yeah, I got a full car," said Alexis.

"Let's load up," I said. We walked down to the Trail Blazer. Blake and Devin got in as I put Mariana in the carseat. I closed the door. "Want me to drive?"

"You don't know your way around," said Alexis as she got into the driver seat.

"You're right," I said getting in. "Here we go everyone."

"Is everyone buckled in?" asked Alexis.

"Yes," said Blake and Devin and unison.

"Okay," said Alexis as she started driving.

"Our first day in Fort Smith and our first lunch," I said. Blake's phone started ringing. "Is it Abs?"

"No," said Blake.

"Oh," I said. "I was going to say tell her hi for me but never mind."

"Guys," said Alexis as we got to KFC. "The thing is, who's paying for lunch?"

"I guess I am," I said getting out and getting Mariana. "Little ones usually eat for free." Britt pulled up beside us. "Just in time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 12.7K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. π™š | B L U E Λ–βΊβ€§β‚ŠΛšβ™‘Λšβ‚Šβ€§βΊΛ– ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ π˜‰π˜“π˜œπ˜Œ π˜Œπ˜ π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜‰π˜Œπ˜ˆπ˜œπ˜›οΏ½...
16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
194M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...