Chapter 2

Alexis' POV

"Okay, so I'm going to go to the mall and find something for Mariana to wear before we head out to Little Rock tonight," I said. "We're taking the Trail Blazer, right?"

"My little car isn't leaving here," said Brittany. "We're taking your Trail Blazer."

"Alright," I said. "I'll be back." I took Mariana back down to the Trail Blazer and put her in her car seat. "Okay. We're going to the mall." I put her diaper bag near the car seat. "Okay." I got in and started driving. I got us to the mall and put Mariana in her stroller. I slung her diaper bag over my shoulder. "Let's go get you something cute." We walked inside and Mariana started crying so I stopped at a bench and sat down. "Shhh..." I fed her her bottle and pushed her stroller back and forth. She calmed down. "Really Mariana? Really?"

"Hi," said a guy as he walked up to me. I looked at him. "Remember me?"

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. "Blake." I got up and hugged him. "Please sit down."

"I didn't know you were baby-sitting," said Blake.

"I'm not," I said. "This is Mariana Martinez, my daughter."

"The father is a very lucky guy," said Blake.

I smiled. "I'm a single mother," I said. "She's only two months old and never seen her father." I looked at Blake. "Her father got pulled into drugs and I left him. I had to. I couldn't lose my baby girl to something as stupid as drugs." Drew walked up to us. "Hey." I hugged him. "It's good to see you."

"You too," said Drew as he looked at Mariana. "Baby sitting?"

"Her name is Mariana Martinez," I said.

"She's yours?" asked Drew.

"Yeah," I said smiling.

"I can tell," said Drew. "She has your eyes." I smiled at Drew looked at me. "Where's her father?"

"Either in jail, on the streets, or rotting in the sewers," I said. "I don't care about him anymore, honestly." I looked at the guys as they bother stood up. "What are you guys doing here anyways? Your concert is the day after tomorrow. You should be in Little Rock."

"We couldn't find a mall so we found one in Fort Smith," said Drew.

"There's one in Fayetteville," I said.

"We had to see our Juliet winner," said Drew.

I smiled. "That's why you're here," I said. "Okay."

"And we were hoping to see you before the concert but we can't in Little Rock so here," said Drew handing me three VIP tickets and three blue tickets. "You, your beautiful daughter, and your friend. Don't tell anyone about this."

"Yeah, I won't," I said as I put it in my wallet.

Blake pulled out his phone. "I have to take this," said Blake as he left.

"Okay," I said. "Walk with me?" Drew nodded and started walking with me. "Okay. So the real reason why you're here?"

"Just checking up on our juliet," said Drew. "We're going back to Little Rock here in a few minutes."

"Well, I guess we can have just a little bit of time to spend together," I said as we stopped in front of Spencers. "Drew, I'm glad you made an effort to come and see me."

"Well, mind as well before the concert, right?" asked Drew as we walked in. "So, why are we here?"

Drew's POV

"I saw this tutu that Mariana would look beautiful in and these little shoes," said Alexis. She grabbed the white tutu and the little black converses. "She'll be wearing these at the concert with a light yellow shirt."