A Dragon's Mermaid

De GreenEyedKoneko

Book 1 in The Beasts Mate Series. This book contains 18+ content, so readers must be 18 years of age or older... Mai multe

A Dragon's Mermaid
Chapter One 🌊
Chapter Two 🐉
Chapter Three 🌊
Chapter Four 🌊
Chapter Five 🐉
Chapter Six 🌊
Chapter Seven 🐉
Chapter Eight 🐉
Chapter Ten 🐉
Chapter Eleven 🌊
Chapter Twelve 🐉
Chapter Thirteen 🌊
Chapter Fourteen 🌊
Chapter Fifteen 🐉
Chapter Sixteen 🌊
Chapter Seventeen 🐉
Chapter Eughteen 🌊
❤️Chapter Nineteen 🌊
❤️Chapter Twenty 🐉
Chapter Twenty-One 🌊
Chapter Twenty-two 🌊
Chapter Twenty-three 🐉
Chapter Twenty-four 🌊
Chapter Twenty-five 🐉
❤️Chapter Twenty-six 🌊
Chapter Twenty-seven 🌊
Chapter Twenty-eight 🐉
❤️Chapter Twenty-nine 🌊
Chapter Thirty 🐉
Chapter Thirty-one 🌊
Chapter Thirty-two🐉
Chapter Thirty-three🌊
Chapter Thirty-four 🐉
Chapter Thirty-five 🌊
Chapter Thirty-six 🌊
❤️Chapter Thirty-seven 🐉

Chapter Nine 🌊

7.6K 286 28
De GreenEyedKoneko

I hum softly as I rub my fingers through Ember's soft amber colored hair. I did not think that I would meet Vulcan's mother and sister. They seem nice and I would have to meet them soon anyway considering I will be moving in with him soon.  I am not surprised that his mother asked me to call her mama. My own momma calls fathers mother mama. Marina has started to pack her things, and will move in with her mate in a few days.

I want to wait until father and momma get here before I move in with my mate. I want them to see what my life has been like before meeting my mate. I know they have worried about me even after all I have did to reassure them that I am doing just fine. Yes, i have showed them pictures and a few videos of my life on the surface, but seeing it in person is another story.

"You have such lovely hair Ember, and I can tell that you take care of it. The weather is getting warmer now, does your hair dry up?" I ask as I feel the tips of her hair that seem a little dry.

Ember hums as she bends her head back to try and look at me. "Thank you and um it does not get dry now, usually in the winter," said Ember.

I smile at her as I nod my head, "Well you have some dead ends that we need to get rid of. Your hair getting dry in the winter is normal. The air in the winter is cold, and our hair loses its moisture".

Mama hums as she relaxes in her seat that is next to Vulcan, "Thank you for telling her that Avalon. I have told her that as well, but it is nice for teenagers to hear it from someone who is not their parent".

Ember rolls her eyes in the mirror, and I fight back a laugh. "I never said that I did not believe you mama, but I guess that makes sense after hearing it again," said Amber.

I am reminded of how I was with mother when I was a teenager. I had a similar attitude towards my mother, especially when she was so reluctant to allow me to attend school on the surface. Now, I am not saying that father was thrilled about it, but he believed that I could do it. He convinced mother, and we had a discussion before I left. They expected me to keep my grades up, not to get into trouble, and to contact either of them once a day. It was a reasonable compromise, and I would consider myself a person that tries to avoid trouble.

"Let's go wash your hair, and then I can start to cut it," I said as i turn my direction toward Vulcan, and mama. I have never seen him dressed so casual, but I will admit that he looks great in a t-shirt, and jeans. "Would you like something to drink while you wait? We have water, tea, coffee, and wine," I said.

"No thank you my mate I am fine for now," said Vulcan. He smiles at me, and my body shivers slightly when he calls me mate.

"No thank you Avalon. I had my caffeine for the morning during breakfast," said mama.

I walk Ember over to the small hair washing station that is in the back of the salon. I hand her a black robe to put on, and then have her sit down. Once her hair is tilted back I turn on the water, and let it hit my free hand. Once the temperature is warm enough I wet her hair. While the water hits her hair I grab a flower based shampoo that I use for thicker hair. I spirt on enough shampoo in my hand, and then massage it into her hair. After I wash her hair with shampoo and conditioner, I spray in a leave in conditioner into her hair. I wrap her hair in a towel, and then we walk back to my station.

I laugh when i walk back into the main room to see Jay dancing to some pop song that I do not recognize. Mia is sitting in Jayson's chair and is laughing as he sways his hips. I shake my head as I walk Ember back to my chair. When the salon is empty it is pretty common for us to play music and dance around. Jayson originally wanted to go to college to become a dancer, but he was injured in a car accident and that dream ended. He decided to become a hairdresser because his grandmother was one, and she would cut the family's hair before she passed.

"Jayson where do you find all of these songs? I have never heard of the last two that you played," said Mia.

Jayson hums as he turns around, "I just listen to music at home, especially when I cook or do laundry. If I find a song that I like I make sure to save it to my playlist".

Ember sits back in my chair, and I press my foot on the pedal to adjust the chair to my height. I take the towel off her head, and then toss it to Mia. She catches it, and then stands up to put it in the hamper. I take a thin comb out of my holder, and then begin to comb her hair.

"Your salon is very lovely Avalon, have you had it open for long?" asks mama as I set my comb down on my work table.

I smile at the compliment as I pick up my scissors, and I enjoy the cool feel of the metal against my fingertips. "Thank you, and we have been open for almost two years now. I was lucky that I purchased an older salon, and only had to make updates to the appearance and equipment," I said.

Mia laughs I see her sit back down at the reception desk in case someone walks through the door. Mia knows what the salon looked like before it got some much needed TLC. I hired Mia when I was renovating the salon, and she stopped in asking for an interview. She knew how to use a computer, and her previous job was at a help desk.

"I can still remember those ugly dusty pink walls and those outdated white tiles," said Mia.

Jay quirks an eyebrow, "Damn I did not know that you put so much love into this place boos lady".

I laugh as I pick up a stand of Ember's hair and tilt the scissors sideways as I begin to cut her hair. "I did not put myself through school to earn a degree in business, and to get my license as a hairdresser to not put love into my salon," I said.

"That is impressive, did you have to go to schooling to be a hairdresser after earning your degree?" asks Vulcan.

I shake my head as I continue to move strands of hair and my scissors. "Nope, I went to school at the same time. My college classes were mostly in the afternoon or evening," I said.

Ember whistles and I look into the mirror to see a smile on both Vulcan and mama's faces. "Wow, how did you manage to do that? I mainly take online classes because sometimes it sucks having three overprotective big brothers. They make it so difficult at times to leave the den," said Ember.

I laugh because I understand what she means, "I get what you mean because I also have older brothers".

Ember laughs, "Finally someone gets it! Did your brothers get so annoying when they learned that males would be going out in your group of friends?"

I hear Vulcan growl lowly as I focus on cutting Ember's hair. My fingers are moving automatically to finish trimming the ends of her hair. "Hmm if it was a male I was not friends with since childhood then yes. My father and brothers made certain that males stayed away from me. It will be interesting to see how they react to Vulcan," I said.

"I believe that all fathers and brothers in our worlds are overprotective. I recall how my own father and brothers reacted when I found my mate. They had threatened him, and make sure he was a warrior capable to protect me," said mama.

I hum as I begin to section Ember's hair, and pin them on top of head head, this will allow me to add layers. I work on moving the scissors in swift movements as I ponder over her words. I would not be surprised if father attacks Vulcan after meeting him. Mermen are protective of their  guppies, especially their daughters. Yes, life is fairly peaceful under the sea but as in every society there are exceptions. I suppose that one reason father allowed me to go to the surface was to keep me safe.

"Yes, and I would not expect less of my own father to do the same. I am his first daughter to be mated after all," I said.

I set my scissors down and pick up a bottle of cream that makes your hair smooth. "Um I do not want to be rude, but are mermaids powerful when thy are not near water?" asks Ember.

I chuckle softly because I do not think she is rude at all. Like dragons we are a specifies that likes our secrets. "Mermaids are not powerless on the surface. However,  my father is a powerful man and he is able to do more than a normal merman," I said.

I wipe my hands on a towel and then I begin to blow dry Ember's lovely red hair. Her hair feels soft and smooth against my touch. I hum happily as I blow dry her hair and tune everything else out. I am sure that Vulcan is curious, but I cannot reveal my secrets. Yes, once father has seen him, and tested him I will consider. However, I have my own test for my mate. Once her hair is dry I turn off the dryer, and then set it down. I run my fingers through her hair, and then spin the chair to let her see herself. Her ember colored hair falls down in soft yet noticeable layers.

A smile appears on her face, "Oh I love my hair! Thank you so much Avalon! I am so coming to you to do my hair from now on".

I laugh as I take off her robe, and toss it into the hamper. "You are welcome Ember and I am glad that you are like it. Let me give you my number, and you can contact me anytime," I said.

"Would you like to join us for lunch Avalon? We are going to a shop nearby that has the most wonderful sandwiches," said mama.

"Nixi her appointment this afternoon due to an emergency. She said that she would call back and reschedule another time," said Mia.

Well that certainly just opened up my afternoon because Nixi was my last scheduled appointment for the day. I am happy to see Vulcan, and I want to spend more time with him. "Yes I would like to join you for lunch. Let me clean up, and get my things before we leave," I said.

"Oh take your time Avalon. We will be here, and we can leave when you are ready," said mama.

I nod and then head to the back of the salon. I open the door to the bathroom, and quickly do my business. I wash my hands, and then apply a fresh coat of light pink lipstick. After I leave the bathroom I step into my office to grab my phone and purse off my desk. I walk back to where Vulcan, Ember and mama are sitting.

"Welcome back beautiful, now that you are back we can get lunch," said Vulcan. He stood up from his chair, and walked towards me.

His powerful yet soothing scent surrounds me, and when his hand holds onto mine head spreads through my body. I smile up at Vulcan, and he returns my smile as we walk. I rest my head against his shoulder as I say goodbye to Jayson and Mia. When we step outside of the salon I am met with the blazing sun, and heat. I have not been outside since this morning, when it was much cooler.  We walk down the pier in a comfortable silence while Ember and mama walk ahead of us.

When we reach the car in the parking lot I do not want to get go of Vulcan. I never understood why mated couples were always holding hands or would cuddle together until now. When Vulcan touches me I feel comfortable, happy, and safe. As if he picks up on my thoughts he hands mama the keys, and then opens the back door. I slide into the backseat, and then he slides in next to me, and closes the door. While mama and Ember buckle their belts up front Vulcan wraps his arms around my waist. I squeal softly as he picks me up, and sets me in his lap.

I squirm in his lap as I try to find a comfortable spot, I quickly stop when I see him look down at me with darkened eyes. My face begins to heat up, which causes him to chuckle. He leans down and places a kiss against my heated skin. Mama and Ember giggle as the car begins to move. I will admit that it is a little embarrassing to sit on his lap. It reminds me of the night we met, and I will admit that I have missed this level of closeness.

"You smell delicious my sweet mate. Have you been swimming recently?" asks Vulcan. His chin rests on top of my head, and I can feel his hot breathe.

"Yes I went swimming this morning before I got ready for work," I said.

"Where do you go swimming Avalon? We have an indoor swimming pool in our den," said Ember.

I am glad to hear that they have a pool because it would be terrible if I could not swim when I wanted. "Um yes there is a pool in our backyard, and I usually go swimming every other day," I said.

"Um do you always swim with your tail? I am curious because you are the first mermaid I have met," said Ember.

I shake my head, and then realize that only Vulcan can see me. "No, if I want to swim in my human form I can. I am able to control my transformation at will," I said.

"Hmmm that is a new fact for me as well, but I have already met a mermaid. Our species is able to control our transformation as well," said mama.

Once the car is parked we head into a brick building that resembles a cafe. Vulcan holds my hand as we head into the shop. The decor is simple with white walls, wooden furniture, and hanging lights. The walls have picture frames of various landscapes, which creates a peaceful atmosphere. There are several tables open, and Ember skips up to a table near the window. Mama and Ember sit next to each other, while I sit next to Vulcan. After we are seated a server hands us a menu.

My eyes scan the menu after our drinks arrive, and I decide to order the buffalo chicken wrap. Vulcan orders a steak sandwich, while mama and Ember both order the roast beef sandwich. I take a sip of my lemon sofa, and then sigh softly. It feels great to drink something cold on a hot day.

"Um Vulcan mentioned that one of your sisters is moving here, and she is going to college," said Ember.

I smile as I nod my head, "Yes my sister Waverly. She is going to officially move in once Marina, my friend, moves in with her mate".

Ember claps her hands and then sets them on the table. "Ohh then she is going to the college in the city! That is great because I go there with two of my friends. We could meet up soon, and I could give her a tour before classes start," said Ember.

I smile because I am sure that Waverly would appreciate a tour from someone her own age, plus she might even make a friend. "That sounds good, and I am sure Waverly would like that. I will give her your phone number, and you two can set everything up," I said.

"How has Waverly been setting into living on the surface? Last night you mentioned that your family has never visited," said Vulcan.

It feels nice to know that Vulcan really paid attention when we talked last night. I know that I soaked everything in because I want to know everything about my mate. I will admit that I feel the mate pull more, and more each day. I want to enjoy my life with my friends before Marina moves in with her mate, and I move in with Vulcan.

"Waverly is getting use to things everyday, and will ask for help. She is adjusting quicker than I did, but she has a lot of people helping her. I had a little help when I first moved here, but a lot of it was a learned. My parents are excited to visit, especially my mother," I said.

Vulcan nods and then takes a sip of his cool drink. I do the same because I feel a little hot even though the cafe is air conditioned. I suppose that it could be because my body yearns to be in the water. This is rather interesting because Vulcan's body temperature is higher than mine because he is a dragon.

"Do your parents have anything in particular they would like to do when they visit?" asks Vulcan.

I hold onto my glass and allow the glass to cool my fingertips. "My parents would like to see where I went to college, and the salon. I also plan to take them to some more tourists locations,"I said.

The waitress returns with our food, and then goes to serve another table. We begin to eat our food, and I hum happily after I take a bite. I can't believe that I never knew about this shop before! It is close to where Marina works and we have lunch together.

"Oh that sounds quite fun. We have not had visitors in centuries because our den is unknown to others who are not family," said mother.

I tilt my head since we often have visitors in the form of family and friends who live in other cities. I suppose that dragons are just more secretive about where they live. Also, I can tell that dragons are protective because Vulcan scared off that male lion the night we met.

"Do dragons not visit each others dens? Mermaids who are close to one another will visit for holidays and festivals," I said.

The last time I was home for a festival was for the Neptune Festival last year. We celebrate the ancient gods of our people at least once a year, and throw festivals in their honor. I would love to take Vulcan home for a festival, but that will not be possible until after we mate.

"We do not visit one another often. Only family and clan members know the location of our den. Close allies know the location of a compound we use for meetings or celebrations," said Vulcan.

From what I can tell so far life in a dragon clan is somewhat different than what I am use to. I am sure that with fine I will get use to it. A friend of mine from college, who is a mermaid, is mates with a werewolf. She said that it took a little time to get use to living in a pack, but everyone helped her out.

Ember nods her head, "Yep. Oh but we do meet up for festivals too. The next one will be to celebrate winter".

"Yes the festival is usually held in December or January. We fly to the sacred mountain and set up a stall. We get to socialize and purchase goods from other clans," said mother.

"Oh and there are a lot of yummy treats. I am already looking forward to drinking hot apple cider with cinnamon," said Ember.

"That sounds very fun and I have never had apple cider before," I said.

Vulcan raises an eyebrow as he eats a fry. "You have never had cider before?"

I laugh softly,"I know that I have lived on the surface for years but I have never tried it. My hot drink of choice in the winter is hot coco or coffee".

"During this years festival you can try some if you would like. They also sell hot coco with roasted marshmallows," said Vulcan.

I smile at him as I nod my head, "I will definitely get some hot coco, but I will try the apple cider too".

When we finish our lunch the waitress comes back with the check. Vulcan hands her the black book and tells her to keep the change. She smiles at him and then tells us to have a nice day. I do not approximate her smiling at my mate, but I am sure that she was glad to receive what I assume is a large tip.

When we get up from the table Vulcan holds onto my hand. He smiles at me as he gently squeezes my hand. I return his smile, and then we start to walk behind Ember and mama.

Once we leave the cool air conditioned shop we are met with scorching heat. I would love to go for a swim now, but I will settle for swimming once I get home. We pass by a large crowd of people. I can hear yelling coming from the center and soft sobs. I extend my neck to the side see a petite woman with flawless mocha colored skin. Her curly black hair with blue ends cascades down her back.

Her soft green eyes are looking up at a large male, who I recognize by smell is a panther. The male is quite tall and physically appears to be stronger than the woman. I notice that the woman's skin turns a little blue as he wraps his arm around her neck. My blood begins to boil in anger, and I am certain that others can see my anger.

How dare this little panther try to harm a poor minimer! Minimers are sweet and deviated mermaids. They are smaller and weaker than an average mermaid, and because of this others try to take advantage of them. I let go of Vulcans hand and my body storms through the crowd. I am going to teach this pathetic little kitty a lesson!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

340 22 38
"What's it like to find your mate?" Keyvon thought about it for a moment. "It's like finding a really rare treasure that's just been there, waiting f...
8M 329K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
404 36 10
Second book in the series Evelyn thought her battle was over when she broke from her ancestral bondage and the curse putting the mate bond. Destined...
10.5K 415 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...