inspirations // harry styles

By perksofbeingaweirdo

After Harry continues to struggle to keep up with the others, the boys' manager suggest Harry get an inspirat... More

inspirations
chapter one // run-ins.
chapter two // companions.
chapter three // the first date.
chapter four // the first date {part two}.
chapter five // aftermath.
chapter six // beautiful night.
chapter eight // blast from the past.
chapter nine // sogginess.
chapter ten // sticks and stones.
chapter eleven // big steps.
chapter twelve // distractions.
chapter thirteen // g.n.o.
chapter fourteen // g.n.o {part two}.
chapter fifteen // hungover.
chapter sixteen // the coffee house.
chapter seventeen // alicia.
chapter eighteen // fangirling.
chapter nineteen // more than words.
chapter twenty // time is ticking.
chapter twenty-one // i think we're alone now.
chapter twenty-two // insider information.
chapter twenty-three // good ol' bonding.
chapter twenty-four // make new friends, but keep the old.
chapter twenty-five // letting go.
chapter twenty-six // restless.
chapter twenty-seven // great news.
chapter twenty-eight // all or nothing.
chapter twenty-nine // too much celebration?
chapter thirty // distractions.
chapter thirty-one // i was made to keep your body warm.
chapter thirty-two // relief.
chapter thirty-three // tsunami tides.
chapter thirty-four // surrender up my heart.
chapter thirty-five // reaching the breaking point.
chapter thirty-six // make it without you.
chapter thirty-seven // stubborn.
chapter thirty-eight // doctors to heal the wounds.
chapter thirty-nine // you don't even know.
chapter forty // blame it on the rain.
{epilogue}
TEASER - "The Traveller"
Author's Note!

chapter seven // song writers.

111K 1.5K 226
By perksofbeingaweirdo

AN: Be sure to check out the Author's note at the bottom, it's really important!

Olivia's POV

I glance down at what I have just spent the last several hours writing. I can't help but to feel a swell of pride in my chest. It's greater than anything I have ever written.

After last night's date with Harry, I was just feeling in the song-writing mood. This song could be good enough to send to some labels. I pick up my guitar and sing my brand new song, called 'You and Me'.

You and me,
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

It has a very vintage, jazzy feeling to it. I could see someone with a soulful voice belting out to this song. It shows exactly the type of music I listen to - Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, or Aretha Franklin. My dad was the one who introduced me to his old records.

If the stars don’t shine, if the moon won’t rise, if I never see the setting sun again,
You won’t hear me cry, this I testify; please believe me, boy, you know I wouldn’t lie.
As long as there is

This verse is taken straight from last night. The stars and the moon in the sky. I can just picture Harry underneath the stars - my favorite place to be.

Instantly my cheeks start to turn pink as I realize I was thinking of Harry. I hadn't written the song with Harry in mind. I just sort of wrote - nothing really pushing me to in my head. I've written several love songs with no boys in mind and I had thought this was just another one.

You and me, (Ohhh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

I sing the chorus again, trying to push Harry's face out of my mind. I've only had two dates with the boy. It's a little soon to be thinking of him all the time. Don't get ahead of yourself, Olivia.

If you love a soul more than fame and gold, and that soul feels the same about you,
It’s a natural fact, there’s no turning back, and here’s some advice to you:
You’ve got to say it’s,

Irritation grows in my chest as I realize how perfectly it fits Harry. Fame and gold, really Olivia? Why is this boy tangling himself in every part of my brain? He's successfully infiltrated my song writing section of my brain.

You and me, (Ohhh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

I sing the chorus much louder, trying to get the frustration out. I've never let a boy get to me this much. Last time I did, I ended up falling for him and getting myself hurt. Tate's face enters my brain and I recall all the songs I had written for him, feeling rather dumb.

When love is real, you don’t have to show it.
When it is true, then everyone will know.
‘Cause there’ll be no one but

The bridge sits higher in my voice and I close my eyes to sing it. Love. I haven't used that word in such a long time. If I had subconsciously written this song about Harry, why had I used the word love? I know for a fact I'm not in love with Harry... yet. I barely know the boy.

You and me, (Youuuuuuu)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (Ohhh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

Do do do dooo do, woo woo

You and me baby

I finish singing the song and immediately put my guitar down. I think that's enough song writing for you today, Olivia. I was so optimistic about this song, I was anxious to show it to Tea. Now that's out of the question. If Tea heard this song, she'd smack me right in the head for falling too easily.

She already warned me that I be careful with a celebrity. He's used to having the rules bended for him. No matter what he does, he'll still be loved by everyone else. Dating a celebrity is like dating a new species.

Although Tea doesn't know what the heck she's talking about, seeing as how she's never dated anyone remotely famous, I still see the truth behind her words. Celebrities are used to showing what people want to see, and hiding the reality.

I flop down on my bed, my brain hurting already from all this thinking. Not even two seconds later, my phone rings.

I glance at the phone lying next to me.

~~~ Harry Calling ~~~

Speak of the devil.

"Hello?" I answer the phone after letting it ring a few times.

"Olivia!" He cheers into the phone, obviously in a good mood. I can't help but to laugh a little. I also can't help but to like the way he says my name. "What're your plans tomorrow?" He asks, getting right to the point.

I love Harry's confidence. That also might be a side-effect of the fame, but it's refreshing. I'm tired of boys being all nervous and making me take charge. Harry gets things done and I respect that about him.

"Depends on what you have in mind," I playfully remark, causing Harry to let out a loud laugh,

"So if you don't like what my plan is, then you'll be busy? Is that what you're telling me?" He asks. I can't help but to let the corners of my lips turn up.

"Those are your words, not mine," I remark, trying not to laugh.

"That puts the pressure on me then," He sighs, "Well, I was thinking that I could swing over and get you and we could have brunch, just the two of us. I know the small place that is absolutely fantastic!" He suggests. The words 'just the two of us' make my heart beat a little faster. I like the idea already! "Then we could meet up with the boys at the beach," He continues.

I really do enjoy hanging out with the boys as well. But I have to admit, the alone time with Harry is the most appealing thing to me.

"Oooh, you see, this really important thing just came up and I think I'm busy," I lie, a teasing tone obvious in my voice. Harry laughs even louder,

"Oh it just came up? How convenient," He plays along, "Is there any way you can get out of it?" He asks, a smile obvious in his tone as well.

"I dunno... I mean, it's really important," I continue on with the joke, but I accidentally laugh, "But for you, I'll get out of it," I give in.

"Yes!" He cheers loudly into the phone, "You won't regret it, I promise," He assures me, "I'll be at your house to pick you up at around noon?" He offers,

"Sounds wonderful," I smile, staring up at my ceiling.

"I can't wait," He tells me, making my smile grow even larger.

"Me either," I speak the absolute truth.

Harry's POV

I hang up the phone with Olivia, Niall seated on the couch looking up at me. I expect to see a look of disappointment on his face, but instead I see a small smile.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask, flopping on the couch beside him.

Niall and I have been in the studio writing our new song all day. Tyler warned me that if I hadn't come up with something good by the end of the night, that he was going to withdraw 'Operation Inspiration' which means no more Olivia.

Luckily I had written a song last night all by myself and Niall and I have just been tweaking it all morning.

"You've got it bad, man," He smirks at me.

"What do you mean 'I've got it bad'?" I demand, becoming defensive. Niall doesn't even flinch at the raise of my voice. The boys have grown used to me. I do feel bad for being rude with Niall, but I can't help it.

"You actually like Olivia. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I just didn't think it'd happen after two dates," He lets out a small laugh and gets on his feet, knowing that I'm not going to just let him say that.

I hop up to my feet as well, the corners of my mouth turning down forming my mouth into a frown.

"Sure, I like hanging out with Olivia. And of course I'm physically attracted to her, she's a pretty girl. But I could end this right now if I wanted to," I snort,

"Yeah, but you don't want to," Niall comments, still wearing that irritating smug smile.

"I can't! It would be pointless ending it after getting one measly song out of it," I explain, pulling out the first excuse I can think of.

As much as I want to disagree with Niall, a part of me knows he's right. I couldn't end this, and trust me I want to be able to. I can't imagine calling up Olivia and making up some dumb excuse as to why we wouldn't work out.

"Why can't you just admit that you like her more than you anticipated? Is it so hard to admit you're wrong?" Niall asks, amused by my defensive responses.

"BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE HER LIKE-" I start to raise my voice even more, but I'm interrupted by the studio door swinging open.

We turn to see Tyler and the rest of the boys entering the studio. They all wear looks of confusion at the fight breaking about between Niall and I. The boys look less confused than Tyler. They know Niall and I have been arguing more than usual ever since this whole operation started.

I drop the fight then, not wanting Tyler to think this operation is bad for me. I'm sure Niall and Liam have already talked to him and if I give him even one reason to end it, he'll do it.

"Everything okay in here boys?" Tyler asks, scratching the scruff on his chin as he takes a seat on the couch that Niall and I were seated at only moments before.

"Yep," I answer before Niall can speak a single word.

Liam looks at Niall, trying to figure out what had been happening. Niall just keeps his eyes to the ground. Tyler watches me carefully obviously not believing a word I say.

"Let's hear this song you guys have been working on then!" Zayn asks, excitedly. He doesn't care about the fight that was happening. He's just as curious as the others to see if Olivia's having an impact on my writing mojo.

"Harry wrote this all himself, I only helped with a bit of the instrumentals," Niall explains, giving me all the credit. I bite the inside of my cheek, a little nervous now.

I take a seat on the stool beside Niall's, where he picks up his guitar and takes a seat. He starts strumming the beginning chords and I start to sing for everyone, in hopes that this will meet their expectations.

There's something in your eyes
Is everything alright?
You look up to the sky
You long for something more, Darlin'
Give me your right hand
I think I understand, follow me
And you will never have to wish again

I know that after tonight
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
And I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars
And I know if the love is alright
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars
No no no no no no no no no

Tell me how you feel
And if I'm getting near
I'll tell you where to steer
You tell me where to steer, D-D-D-Darlin'
Way above the clouds
And high above the stars
Through the unknown black holes
No one knows where we are
But we'll return to earth
And do it all over again

Cause I know that after tonight
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
And I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars
And I know if the love is alright
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars

Now come away with me
Come fly away with me
Just for one night
Noone will ever know
No no no, Darlin'
I will leave you satisfied
Forever past time
You don't have to hide
Your free to fly

I know that after tonight
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
And I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars

And I know if the love is alright
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars

Said I know that after tonight
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
And I know by the end of tonight
You don't have to look up at the stars
And I know if the love is alright
You don't have to look up
At the stars no no no no
I know by the end of tonight
You'll be looking down upon them
From heaven yeah yeah
Oh no no, oh na na na na na na
Yeah yeah ooh na na na-oh

I look up at the small audience before me as Niall strums the final chord. At first nobody says anything. It's pure silence. Finally Lou is the first one to speak,

"His mojo is back!" He cheers and hops up from the couch to wrap his arms around me.

The rest of the guys cheer loudly and clap me on the back. They all try to talk over each other with words of encouragement directed towards me. Tyler just stands up and flashes me a proud smile before patting me on the head.

"Keep up the good work, kid," He tells me before heading out of the studio.

I can't help but to smile back at the others. Even Niall continues to smile at me. I refrain from sending him another glare to wipe that smug look off his face.

It feels great to be back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note!

Hey guys, the songs featured in this chapter are 'You and Me' by Penny and the Quarters. It's a lovely song and I'll put it on the side over there (In the next chapter) ----> and the other song is 'After Tonight' by one of my favorite singers ever, Justin Nozuka! :) That song will be making a return so it'll be on the side of another chapter, but if you don't know it, I suggest you give it a listen! It's aaaamazing<3

Also, I'd like to make a small plug about my other BRAND NEW One Direction Fan-Fiction I'm writing! It's called 'Rule Breakers' and it's a Louis romance! Eventually, I'd like to do a love story for every guy! :) If you're enjoying this story, I hope you check that one out as well!

And my last, most important note is that I need your help!! My friends and I are entering a Perez Hilton cover competition, and we need more views/votes/comments! So, I have the video on the side over there -------> and if you could click on it and leave a comment? That'd be AMAZAYN! :) We NEED to have an actual Directioner win this thing, not just any ol' person;) haha

Thanks for all the comments! I love reading them! :)

- Never_Let_Me_Go

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Impossible By :)

Fanfiction

7.3K 393 44
Louis Tomlinson? He's a great guy who stole my heart, without even noticing. He came into my life without a warning, and now I think I love him.
59.9K 1.2K 30
Liam and Harry tried dating but they’ve drifted apart and Liam has eyes for someone else. Will he ever get to be with that person? Louis makes a real...
28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
248K 7.1K 29
When 20 year old university student Lexi catches her boyfriend cheating she thinks she's done with love. But when she meets Harry Styles and Niall Ho...