The Price of Love

Love_Bri94 által

Desperate to keep everyone off her back about her love life, Sydney Michaels goes to extreme measures to prov... Több

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xviv
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxvix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviv
Q&A
xl
❤️
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlviv
l
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
👍🏽
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lvxiii
lxix

xxxviii

13.8K 683 320
Love_Bri94 által

Omniscient

Shanice stormed the hallway of their hotel until she got to the room number that the front desk gave her for Sydney. As soon as she got to the door she started pounding on it like a mad man. The door quickly opened and she came face to face with her best friend.

"Why you banging on the damn door like that?!" Sydney yelled.

"What the fuck was that bullshit? You let your man check me. We're supposed to best friends, how could you do some shit like that to me?!"

Sydney eyebrows raised. "At least it's good to know somebody actually cares about how I fucking feel and has my back! You invited everybody that hates me to your wedding and you want me to just accept that. Fuck no! I get that it's your wedding day but that shit ain't cool. And I'm glad to know you ain't got no problem mingling with my enemies. You supposed to ride or die for your best friend, right?! But you don't so we most definitely don't need to be friends. You wasting your time coming to check me, you need to take yo ass over there to Trey and check him about getting my sister pregnant. Now get the fuck away from my door." Sydney walked back inside of the room, slamming the door. Leaving Shanice dumbfounded.

Tears filled her eyes as she made her way back to her room. When she got inside Trey sat on the bed with his head in his hands. She stood in front of him folding her arms.

Trey eventually looked up at her. The fact that he could lose the only girl he's ever truly loved due to one mistake he made when he was drunk. All of this was Chris's fault in his eyes.

"Shanice I'm sorry." He spoke up.

"So you really did sleep with her?"

"I was drunk, it was the mistake. Baby I didn't want you to find out this way."

"The baby is yours?"

"I don't know. I hope not...Shanice I love you so much baby. If I was sober that never would've happened. I know I fucked up but please don't end this. You're one of the best things that has happened to me. Don't let this one mistake ruin what we've built. I want to be your husband and I want you to be my wife. Please baby."

Shanice stared at him for a while then took a deep breath. "We need to find out if the baby is yours."

"Okay, we can do that." He nodded. "So does this mean that we're still getting married?"

Shanice played with the ring on her hand. Her mind was running a million miles per minute. She loved Trey more than anything but the fact that he cheated made her sick to her stomach. And the fact that it happened with her best friend or ex-best friends, (she wasn't sure at the moment), sister made things even worse.

But on the upside, he admitted his wrongs. He could've said that Chris was lying and tried to get her to believe that this was all a mess. But he didn't.

Since he fessed up, that meant that he loves her and respect their relationship, right?

She looked up at him as the tears rolled down her eyes. "No Trey."

"What?!"

"There's a possibility that London is carrying your child. I can't just ignore that and walk down the aisle like everything is fine. No, I'm sorry."

"Shanice, Baby. I'm sorry."

"Until I get proof that you aren't the father, I honestly don't want anything to do with you."

Rushing out of his seat he went to grab her but she quickly stepped back.

"Don't touch me, do not touch me." She said.

"Baby I'm sorry, I was drunk. It was huge mistake!"

"I heard you the first time. I get that it was a mistake but that doesn't make it okay and I'm not going to just sweep this shit under the rug. If drinking makes you do stupid shit like this then your dumb ass doesn't need to fucking drink." She yelled. "I'm not going to stress myself out about this, I can't."

Rushing into the closet, Shanice started packing her things. "I'm getting my own room." She mentioned after gathering her things.

"Shanice!"

The door slammed as she walked out. Once she climbed on the elevator and the doors closed, she slid to the floor and began to cry more.

This is one of the worst things to happen to a woman. Canceling her wedding because she got cheated on and a possible baby.

Sydney Michaels

I watched as Chris paced the floor of our room and it honestly was giving me a headache. Well I already had one because this whole damn day has just been insane. I'm still waiting on him to tell me how did Trey end up sleeping this London.

Like, when did they even cross paths.

Standing up, I stood in front of him to grasp his attention. "Can you relax now?!" I yelled.

He rolled his eyes and started pacing again.

Ugh.

I sat back down. "Well at least talk to me while you do all this walking."

He sighed before finally stopping. "I'm sorry Sydney."

"For what Chris?"

"All of this bullshit happened because of me. I tried to just make it through dinner peacefully but just thinking about how she playing you pissed me off and I couldn't hold my tongue. I couldn't control myself. Then Trey just made it even worse with all those slick ass comments like he innocent. This shit is all just crazy."

"Can you tell me how Trey ended up sleeping with my sister?"

"We went out one night, he wanted to get out the house because Shanice was picking fights or whatever. So we went to the club and he got drunk as hell. The Next Morning he called and said he woke up in London's bed. I do think that if he was sober he wouldn't have looked her way. He loves Shanice, he just fucked up big time."

I sighed, putting my hand on my forehead. "Now you see why I always run, bullshit like this happens."

"Yeah But I tried over and over to reason with Trey. Besides this trip, whenever we talk or see each other he bashing me or talking about our relationship like I did you wrong and he's always trying to down me. That shit ain't cool. I would never have you out here looking crazy, or worrying if another chick is carrying my child. I lo- care about you too much. I know I should've came after you when you left but I was just being so damn stupid. If I did we'd have more time under our belt and you'd be more open to mar-." He sighed. "Never mind."

"So what's this nonsense about you giving Mariah a ring with my name on it? He was joking right?"

He shook his head no. "There was a ring in my dresser that I bought before I left for New York because I thought you were still there. She found it and automatically assumed that the ring was meant for her and like an idiot, I let it go on for a little bit. But then I found you and I told her the truth. That's why she's so upset."

"And you were really going to propose on this trip?"

He rubbed his head and started pacing the floor again. "Look Syd, I know how you feel about us getting married so soon. Call me crazy but I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. The more we got to know each other back in Atlanta, I could tell it was something about you that I just couldn't let go of. You might feel like we barely know each other but I feel like I've known you for a lifetime. I love you Sydney. You don't to have to say back and I don't care if you feel the same way. I love you and I don't want to be with anybody else but you. That's why dropping Mariah was so easy. I know I'm just babbling but I just want you to know that spending the rest of my life with you would be nothing short of amazing. Trey just had to ruin everything for me man."

"Ask me."

He stopped and turned to face me. "Huh?"

"Ask me Chris."

"Ask you what?"

I laughed. "Ask me to marry you."

"But you said it was too soon? You tryna hurt my feelings or something?"

"Chris!"

He smiled then rushed to the other side of the rooms. Digging through his luggage he finally pulled out a box then came back over to me, getting down on one knee. "Sydney Marie Michaels, will you marry me?"

"Wait this isn't the same ring Mariah was sporting?"

He laughed. "No, she wouldn't give that one back, this one is bigger anyway."

I smiled. "Okay just checking but, I would love to marry you baby."

"For real?!"

"Yes for real!" I chuckled.

He slipped the ring on my finger, it was beautiful! Tears filled my eyes as he stood up and held my face.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said before kissing him.

Chris picked me up and wrapping my legs around him. "This terrible day just got so much better, you don't even understand."

"I do, I can't believe I'm getting married!"

"But before we do anything, I want you to fix things with your mom and I need to go talk to your dad. I know I should've did that first but better late than never."

I sighed at the thought of fixing things with my mom. I feel like that's an effort she should make, but whatever. "I'll talk to her." I climbed off of him.

"I can't wait to tell my momma, she gone flip." He said while cheesing ear to ear.

"Isn't She here?"

"She should be."

"Well let's go find her. I miss her."

"Alright let's go." He grabbed my hand, our phones and room key then we headed out. As we were walking down the hall someone called my name.

"Look at that, god brought her to you." Chris said before nudging me.

I turned to face my mom. "Hey."

She didn't say anything, just walked up to me and held my face. "How are you?" She finally asked.

"Amazing, how are you?"

"I'm okay." Her hands grabbed mine, she immediately lifted my left hand. "Oh my gosh." She looked at my ring. "Is this what I think it is?"

I nodded, trying to hold my smile.

"Oh my goodness!! Chris are you marrying my baby?!"

I was shocked at how excited she was.

"Yeah ma, I am. I know I should've talked to you and her dad first but things got a little crazy today and it just happened."

"You have my blessing. I'm so happy for you two." She said looking like she was about to cry."

I was happy that she was happy but something seemed off to me. "Ma are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes Sydney." She pushed my hair behind my ear. "I wanted to talk but it looks like you two are headed off somewhere so I'll wait. Just let me know when you're back."

"We can talk now ma."

"It can wait."

"Okay. I'll call you."

She nodded before hugging us then walking off.

"She good?" Chris asked.

I shrugged. "Doesn't seem like it but she won't tell me what's wrong."

"Maybe she will Later."

"Maybe."

We started towards the elevator again.

As we waited for it to arrive, our phones buzzed. Chris handed me mine then looked at his.

"Did you just get a group text too?" I asked as we walked on the elevator.

"Yeah."

I opened the message, it was from Shanice

BFF🔐👯‍♀️❤️ - Due to unforeseen circumstances, the wedding has been cancelled. I'll further explain at a later time and I do apologize for the inconvenience. If anyone wants, I'll pay for an early plane ticket home. Thank you all for your support but Trey and I will not be getting married at this time.

"Damn." Chris said.

"I honestly thought she would still go through with it."

"This all my fault. I shouldn't have said nothing."

"No, he shouldn't have cheated. Don't blame yourself Chris."

"But it was his place to tell her, not mine. Fuck man."

"Christopher, seriously stop."

"I know I'm probably the last person he wants to see but I gotta make sure he good." He hit the button to their floor.

I rolled my eyes. "I guess I'll check up on Shanice then."

"Okay." He grabbed my chin and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Try not to flaunt that big ass rock in her face, it's gone hurt her even more."

I laughed. "I'll try."

We got to the first stop and he climbed off.

"I'll call you when I'm done." Chris said before walking away.

The doors closed and I groaned. I should be riding my man, I'm sorry, my FIANCÉ'S face and celebrating my engagement! Not being somebodies grief counselor!

Why do I have to be such a good friend?!

This sucks!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.4M 48.9K 93
She say he's just a friend...
4K 149 35
Nicole and Ariya have been best friends since 3rd grade. When they start college together, Nicole thinks that it's the start to the best years of he...
8.2K 253 31
Sequel to Our High School Love everyone separates but fate brings everyone back together making them have feelings for someone else when they have so...
203K 10.6K 38
14 years later, your favorite couple is back.