Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

"Plans."

1.6K 65 13
By Erin__Lee

Spring Break is finally here.

Today is the first day and I will be spending it prepping for Markus and Val's wedding. Dress fittings, helping find flowers, food tastings, etc.

It'll be Markus, Val, Ma, Bay, and me.

The girls will be meeting us at David's Bridal for the dress fitting but afterwards they're gone and we're doing the rest of the planning.

Really I questioned why I was going but then Markus dropped the bomb on me that I'd be the photographer for the wedding.

Which lead to the question: why do I need to be at the dress fitting? Val wants me in the wedding colors because I'm still apart of the wedding family.

After getting out the shower I pull on beige cargo pants, a black polo, and black Jordan 11's.

"You ready?" Ma leans in my room and asks.

I realize most of my styling choices come from her. She stands clad in white Air Force ones, light blue jeans, a white tee, and a red and black flannel.

I nod," one sec."

To finish off my outfit I put on my gold chain and then follow Ma out.

Momma is downstairs already wearing peach jeans, a white tee, and nude 3 inch heels.

"Let's roll, don't want to keep Val waiting, I've watched Bridezilla." I say clapping my hands.

We leave out and get in Ma's truck. While driving they ask me about school, Jasmine, and spring break. My answer about school and spring break are short and simple but I start to run my mouth when it comes to Jasmine.

I tell them about our dates, how much we get along, how happy and in love I am.

They smile the whole time. Both are visibly happy that I'm so happy.

Ma pulls into a spot outside David's Bridal and Momma and I  head inside. Ma walks down the street to K&G where the guys are.

"Emerson, Jess!"

I look up to see Val standing on a small stage.

"You look absolutely stunning." Momma gushes, going over to Val.

Val smiles brightly," thank you so much, I think this is the one."

"It is. You look gorgeous V."

"Thank you Em," then she steps down," alright girls go try on your dresses."

And so we're directed to a dressing rooms, our names on the doors.

When I step inside and close the door I see a knee length burgundy dress with a semi-sweetheart neckline. It's made of sheer fabric, fitting at the top and loose at the bottom.

Not too bad. It's been a minute since I've worn a skirt or dress so I'm iffy about it.

That is until I put it on.

It fits to my figure nicely and I can't say I hate the feeling of being in it because I don't.

Barefooted I walk out the changing room and back over to the small stage.

Val is no longer in the white wedding dress. She comes to me and rests her hands on my waist, running her hands over it, tugging just a bit.

"Emerson yes. Perfect you look great. How do you feel?"

I give a thumbs up.

"You sure? Comfortable right? You're my photographer here Em, if you aren't comfortable I can change this up and have Mark get you fit for a suit, it's no problem."

"V," I tell her," it's fine. I feel great and if I look great then we're good to go."

She nods," good. You look fabulous E. Absolutely beautiful. Go on go change back."

I then turn and go back to the dressing room. After slipping back into my clothes and hanging the dress I leave out.

The girls are still out looking at themselves in the mirror.

They all look beautiful.

Val is closely inspecting their dresses, telling the woman about adjustments that need to be made regarding the stitching or the waist or something.

It takes us a little over an hour to finish up but once we do everyone goes home except and Val.

We meet up with Ma, Bay, and Markus and the first place we head to is the florist.

I walk alongside Ma and Bay.

"So I heard through the grape vine that you've got a new album coming out." I nudge Bay.

She nods, swiping her blonde hair over her right shoulder," yes I am. However this is an exclusive for you, I won't be releasing it until after my tour is over."

"Right, isn't your first stop England?"

"Yep, then I'm heading to Germany."

"How exciting is it?" I ask.

She chuckles," it's awesome. I do just about everything for the fans, I love them, they make it all worth it."

"God that must be thrilling." I muse.

"It is."

We help them find flowers for Val's bouquet, the chairs, and the center pieces.

Then we head to the food tastings. Their wedding was themed around Venice so most of the food we try is Italian.

I'm overwhelmed with taste: garlic, cheese, tomatoes. It's a lot of pasta and bread and sausage.

After we've been served a few dishes Val and Markus as us our opinions and we choose the foods we like to which they pick for the reception.

It's insane really. They'll be married in a month. Exactly a month, 30 days from today.

"Hey niecie, two days till your big show. You excited?" Markus asks throwing an arm around my shoulder.

Two days?!

Holy shit!

"Uh, you sure it's two days?" I ask.

He nods," yeah totally. Before we head home we're stopping by the venue for your show. You  can get an idea of where to put things and yada yada."

"I'm not, I haven't even gotten my photos developed, I-I there's so much to be done I-"

Stopping, Markus puts his hands on my shoulders," chill there firecracker. Lukas has already developed your photos. Remember the last meeting you had with him?"

I nod.

"Yeah those photos are with our best guy now and he's developing them. Catering is handled, the guest list is being formed, the venue is selected. All you have to do is go to the venue and decide where you want everything and when the day rolls around you turn on that Stratton/Osborne charm and knock the socks off those investors." He encourages.

I nod again. My hair falling over my shoulders and curtaining my face. With a sigh I push my hair back out of my face.

"I got this." I smile.

"Hell yeah you do. One more stop and then we're heading to the venue, kay?"

"Kay."

The last stop we make is their wedding venue. They want our take on seating arrangements and such.

Handling the seating was fairly easy. Except for Val's family.

It sucks but she was unsure if her own mother was showing up to the wedding and that changes things.

Her dad is all on board having accepted Markus before he and Val went to college. Her mom though, she's never liked my uncle, never.

Sure enough after the venue and seating was fixed and assigned Markus, Ma, and I go to the venue for my show. Bay and Val are going out to dinner.

The venue looks elegantly basic. All the walls are white. Pillars and walls separating certain sections of the building.

It's all waiting to be filled with my art.

"I can see it already. My black and white pieces will go over there," walking around I point to certain spots," my contemporary pieces there, abstract there, and on the wall there is where we will set up the food and drink tables." I tell everyone.

I'm all of a sudden pumped at the ideas and plans for my show.

This is going to put me out there as an artist. This could open doors for me. I could end up making movies or working with models or something big and it's freakin awesome to imagine.

"And here," I spread my arms as I stop in the dimly lit room," is where I'll set my short film."

I squeal and jump up and down excitedly.

Markus and Ma laugh behind me.

"Someone's excited now."

"Thank you Uncle Markus, this is going to be so amazing!" I cheer.

He nods," indeed it will. You're gonna be a star kiddo."

After we leave out of there he treats me and Ma to dinner at Outback before taking us home.

Immediately I rush to Momma and tell her all about my plans for the venue and how geeked I am for my show on Thursday.

Like me she squeals in excitement.

I love my moms. They're both so loving and supportive.

Quite sadly I know a lot of kids who's parents would think this dream of photography is stupid and that it's not a good way to be successful.

Not Alex and Jessica though. They look at me like I'm a star and they'll never tell me I can't do something, unless they know I'm bad at it.

Still giddy I run up to my room, pull my phone out, lie down on my bed, and dial Jasmine.

She answers on the third ring.

"Hey mighty lion." She greets.

I grin," hey there beautiful."

"I miss you, we have to see each other tomorrow."

"I know right I can't take this." I groan and roll over.

My feet rest on the wall and my head hangs over the edge of the bed.

"Right. It's been a whole day."

"Okay okay! Today has been so absolutely amazing. For one I helped my uncle and his fiancé plan for their wedding which is going to be beautiful and of course you're my plus one!"

She laughs," glad to hear it. Now what's number two?"

"Right I saw the venue for my show on Thursday. I'm so geeked like this is going to be amazing!" I exclaim.

"It's refreshing to hear how excited you are. It's really cute. And I hope I'm invited to your show as well."

"Baby of course you are. Now tell me about your day."

She fires into details of her going to the movies with her aunt and uncle, video chatting with her parents who she ended up arguing with over absolutely nothing, and then she bought games for her PlayStation.

We talk for hours on the phone until she eventually falls asleep.

Her soft snore sounds through the phone but I'm way too tired to hang up and I find myself drifting to sleep after her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 1.9K 30
Meet Madison "Maddie" Peterson, the kleptomaniac who stole the blue-eyed girl's heart. But is Maddie really who she says she is? - AU. Although this...
1.2K 68 18
After her junior year of college comes to an end, Parker heads back home for the summer fresh off a breakup. Hoping to focus on having a fun summer...
902K 25.8K 31
Read I DONT DATE CHEERLEADERS, A LITTLE PIECE FRKM HEAVEN, ALLESANDRA and I DONT DESERVED TO BE LOVE before reading this. *16 YEARS LATER AFTER EMERS...
305K 12.3K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...