The Bet for Love

By miaaamiamia

Blaze Anderson was a spoiled, handsome, intelligent and carefree person. The life for him was just a game. An... More

Chapter 1 - His world
Chapter 2 - A matter of pride
Chapter 3 - Getting under her skin
Chapter 4 - Unfamiliar feelings
Chapter 5 - Unsaid desire
Chapter 6 - Something new
Chapter 7 - The getaway
Chapter 8 - Euphoria
Chapter 9 - Happiness
Chapter 10 - Dancing under the stars
Chapter 11 - Heaven
Chapter 12 - Smitten
Chapter 13 - Surprise
Chapter 14 - Heartbreak
Chapter 15 - Shattered dreams
Chapter 16 - Desperation
Chapter 17 - The fake husband
Chapter 18 - The bombshell
Chapter 19 - Cold war
Chapter 20 - Perfume
Chapter 21 - Mr.Drunky
Chapter 22 - The confession
Chapter 23 - Unveiled
Chapter 24 - Lies
Chapter 25 - Round two
Chapter 26 - Memories
Chapter 27 - Mess
Chapter 28 - Agony
Chapter 29 - The bad day
Chapter 30 - Explanations
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - Curse
Chapter 33 - Felicity
Chapter 35 - The new beginning
Chapter 36 - In safe
Chapter 37 - The masterpiece
Chapter 38 - The new family member
Chapter 39 - The strong bond
Chapter 40 - Bliss
Chapter 41 - Cold sweats
Chapter 42 - Storm
Chapter 43 - Unsolved problems
Chapter 44 - You and I
Chapter 45 - Back to reality
Chapter 46 - The scandal
Chapter 47 - The new beginning
Chapter 48 - Making new memories
Chapter 49 - Sweet surprises
Chapter 50 - The special day
Epilogue
The Next Book - " Tangled Love"

Chapter 34 - Reckoning

99.7K 3K 315
By miaaamiamia

Blaze's POV

"Yes...thank you." I beamed at her and left.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I was smiling ear-to-ear.

I am going to be a father.

I felt it. Deep in my heart, I felt he was my son.

I parked my car in front of the mansion. I was angry at Ashley. How dare she keep my baby away from me!

I rushed towards the door.

"Where is Ashley?" I asked the housekeeper.

"She is in the garden, sir."

As soon as she told me Ashley was in the garden, I went to the garden. I stopped when I saw her stroking her stomach, talking to her bump happily. For a moment, I forgot all my anger.

She looked so beautiful. Pregnancy suited her well. She was glowing. I shook my head, sighing.

Concentrate,Blaze!

I cleared my throat and approached her.

When she saw me, she stood up carefully, her hand resting on her bump.

"Blaze, I have to tell you something." She said.

"New lies?" I asked mockingly.

"Blaze." She gave me a sad look. "Aspen...he is our baby. You are his father." She said, looking into my eyes.

I placed my hands into my pockets, looking at her nonchalantly.

Finally! But it is too late, baby.

She looked at me nervously as she waited for my reaction. But I didn't say anything, I was just staring at her.

"I know you don't believe me. I lied to you when we were in the hospital the first time. I..."

"I know, Ashley." I interrupted her.

She looked at me, dumbfounded. "...How?" She mumbled.

"It is not important." I replied dryly.

"Blaze, please forgive me. When I...." She said, looking sorry.

"Stop it, Ashley. Why did you lie to me? Do you hate me so much? Didn't you see how I was suffering? Ok, you hate me. But...how can you keep my baby in secret from me?" I snarled.

"Blaze..." She murmured as tears ran down her cheeks.

"I will not forgive you." I gave her a hatred look and left without listening to her anymore.

Ashley's POV

I felt dizzy as I watched him leave. I placed my hand on the table for support while tears were running down my cheek.

"Ashley, are you okay?" Patricia asked anxiously as she rushed towards me.

She helped me to sit down. I was trembling, still crying.

"Blaze...he..." I couldn't talk because of crying. She hugged me, trying to calm me down.

After calming down, I told Patricia about what happened earlier.

"Oh, dear." She gave me a sad smile. "You should have told him before."

"I know. I regret not telling him about our baby." I muttered as I started crying again.

"Shh, dear. Calm down. It is bad for the baby." She said as she caressed my stomach.

I rested my hand on my stomach.

"How did he find out?" She asked.

"I don't know. He didn't tell me." I replied, sobbing.

****

It was already midnight, but Blaze hadn't come back. I was waiting for him in the living room.

I woke up feeling someone was caressing my hair. When I opened my eyes, I saw Blaze.

He pulled his hand away as soon as he understood that I was awake. He placed his hand on my stomach and started stroking my stomach gently, still bending beside me.

"Where have you been? I was worried about you." I said.

He straightened as he said, looking at me coldly. "Go to your bedroom. You will catch a cold sleeping here."

"Blaze...."

He interrupted me. "Ashley, I don't want to hear anything from you anymore. From now, we are just Aspen's parents. Nothing more." He said coldly as he placed his hands into his pockets while looking at me indifferent.

"I..." I muttered.

He shook his head and left without listening to me.

I burst out crying. He will not forgive me. I sat down, caressing my bump.

"Daddy hates Mommy, Aspen." I said, sobbing.

****

A month had passed since the day I told Blaze about our baby. He was still angry at me. But he came with me to my every doctor appointment. He was so caring and affectionate towards Aspen, but he was still avoiding me as much as possible. But I wouldn't give up, I would do everything to make him forgive me.

Blaze was in the study room. There were just Patricia and the housekeeper at home. An idea came into my mind. I went to the study room.

"Wish me luck, Aspen." I said as I caressed my stomach.

I breathed deeply and opened the door. When Blaze saw me, he looked at me, surprised, while he was talking on the phone. He ended his conversation.

"What happened? Are you feeling bad?" He asked, worried.

"No, I am fine. I come here to talk to you." I said honestly. 

He stood up and walked closer to me as he placed his hands into his pockets. He looked at me indifferent.

"There is nothing to talk about. Leave me alone." He said, bored.

"No. You will listen to me." I said confidently.  "Now!" I added and locked the door quickly.  I placed the key into my pocket.

He pursed his lips together in amusement, holding himself from laughing.

He cleared his throat as he said. "You will make me listen to you this way?" He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me mockingly.

"I have found out about my pregnancy when I was in Paris with Kelly. As soon as I found it, I wanted to surprise you." He was looking at me attentively now. "But when I came into your penthouse, I found out about the bet." I said sadly.

His expression changed. He looked away timidly.

"I felt betrayed, disappointed, angry..." I shook my head. "My whole world shattered. I thought you didn't love me while I was crazy for you. For that, I didn't tell you. I thought you didn't care about me. And you wouldn't care about our baby nor...." I caressed my bump as I continued. "Want him." He clenched his fist, still avoiding my gaze.

"But later, I understood you loved me too. At least before you found out about our baby." I muttered as I gave him a fake smile. "When you took me to the hospital, the doctor told me I had a risky pregnancy. And I have to avoid stress. But I knew if everyone found out about my baby, especially my father, I would not have a day without stress. So I asked the doctor to lie to you." I sighed. "After the risk has passed, then I was afraid that you would hate me. Because everything was messed up." I breathed deeply. "And I was right, you hate me now. " I wiped my tears off my cheeks as I added." I apologize for not telling you. I know you will not forgive me, but I wanted to explain. "

I unlocked the door. When I wanted to walk out , he said. "I don't hate you, Ashley."

I stopped and turned around, looking at him. He approached me.

"I can not hate you. I tried, but I failed again and again." He gave me a half smile. "I love you, the most stubborn girl in the world. I am fucking in love with you." He said, smiling and hugged me. I hugged him back, smiling ear-to-ear.

"I love you, too." I said, crying from happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 78K 26
Eros Taptiklis - The heir of a billion dollars Taptiklis Enterprises Holdings Inc. As well as a famous singer in Greece. He had everything that ever...
539K 20.9K 38
When destiny wanted to trap you with the girl, who disliked you and wanted to strangle you every time you saw each other, your life got complicated...
837K 27.3K 37
Tristan Sullivan was an untamed womanizer, the spoiled heir of billion dollars company and without any doubt a devilishly handsome man. He got everyt...
1.1M 34K 26
When a good boy turns into a bad boy... Ethan Carter was the most popular and successful boy in the world. He was handsome, athletic, smart, caring...