Sʜáī‡Ę€Ę€ÉŠÉīfáīĘ€áī… ʜáīĘŸáīáī‡s

By Sherrinford-Holmes

The Personal Diary of Sherrinford Holmes. More

Hello
Bitter Texts
Twisted Words
Tea?
The Outcast Holmes
Not Mad
I've Got Nothing To lose
Haunted
Stranger
Blood on the Floor
The Guitar Player
Demons Beneath
The Stairway
Her Name Was Maggie
Dinner at the Holmes'
Cocky Irishman
Victorian Dance
I Am Sorry
The Woman
Redbeard is Gone
Hacked
Old Friends are Now Enemies
Brother against Brother
Someone Else was Holding the Rifle.
Flawless
The Library
Teenage Holmes'
Tipsy Psychopath
What Happened to Iremia
Every Sort of Person Sherrinford has Met
Young Sherrinford Holmes
I'm a Father?
Away Temporally
Cello
7:30pm
Family Stories
Life when Maggie was Around
Shared Interests
Dealing with the Devil
Sentence Starters
Prisoner
Sherrinford's Personality Type: Logistician.
Back to 1887
Artistic
The Holmes Boys
Holmes' and their Ladies
Don't laugh...
Eurus, where are you?
Out of Her Mind
Grey Days
The Graveyard
Asylum
*~*54*~*
Meeting Her
Weaknesses

You Deserve Better

188 25 79
By Sherrinford-Holmes

Sherrinford held the small bundle in his arms, his child, such a small, delicate thing. 

His daughter looked up at him, with those bright blue eyes. It was the first time he had seen her open them, after she had been born. It had been two days since her mother had died, murdered by a man he had once called his 'employer'. 

He kissed the top of her head. "I am sorry, Iremia, but I cannot be your father." he said softly. The name he had given her meant "serenity" in a foreign language. 

There was a woman standing before him, she owned the Child's Foster House, she looked kind, but Sherrinford did not want to hand her the small girl in his arms. His own flesh and blood. 

"She will be well looked after, Mr. Holmes." she said. Sherrinford held the child closer. "Mr. Holmes?" 

"Give me a moment." he snapped. 

"Of course." Mrs. Brown said and stood respectfully out of earshot. 

Sherrinford sat down on the small, stone wall, looking at his child. "I can't look after you, Iremia." 

His daughter gurgled and held her hands up. He smiled, and then realised his eyes were moist. "Hush now, it's okay." he whispered. "We could have done things, hey? I could have taken you with me, we could travel, and..." No, I cannot. She deserves better than me. 

"Goodbye, Iremia." he said, holding back the tears, and handed her to the woman. He turned away, trying to block out the noise of the baby crying. Every cry made his heart break. 

He bit his lip, and went on, never looking back. 

 He walked down the street, barely feeling the rain pouring down his neck. Even the noise of the cars blurred. I have lost everyone.  Sherrinford sank down against a wall. His body began to shake, and bending his head, he cried. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 1.1K 26
Sadie Holmes, discovers that she is the daughter of Mycroft and the Niece of Sherlock Holmes. But when she goes to meet them, she is forced into an a...
265K 15.4K 22
Johnlock/teenlock/messages fanfiction.
166 4 18
'Your headteacher cleared her throat, bringing the conversation back to the reason why they were here. "Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson have been called in...
19.6K 356 42
I'll be writing for Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, and Jim Moriarty. {Requests closed} COMPLETED