Amazing Grace (Jonathan Toews)

By Pentaholic2011

Gracie Hartford is the daughter of a very powerful man. He means well but his dirty motives cause a tear in h... More

May I Have This Dance?
The Rich Mans Daughter
One Date
My Decision is Made
It's You
I Got You
Original Beauty
Purpose
Worth It
New Friend
One Dance
You Never Know Until You Try
There's Always a Guy
See You Later
Something to Fight For
A Girl Like That
Missed You
Was Blind, But Now I See
Can't Go Back
Circumstances
From Santa
White Dress
Saved My life
Worked Out Pretty Well
Means So Much
Surprises
Gone
Her Eyes
The Way You Make Me Feel
Changes
Smashville
My Man
Nature Boy
Any Other Way
Thank You
Reflection
Parade for the Ages
Moving Up
Never Stop Loving You
Northern Lights
See It In Your Eyes
You're All I Have Left
The Rest Of Our Lives
Two Of A Kind
Happy Anniversary
Best Feeling
Amazing Grace
Epilogue

Someone Like You

396 9 2
By Pentaholic2011

Gracie

The first round of the playoffs started here in Chicago against the Nashville predators. It was a lively time here in Chicago. I was on hand for almost all of the bulls championships and the White Sox championship, and I would love to be there for a Blackhawks one too.

And not a part of the people who sit up in the boxes and don't really cheer when anything exciting happens. To be a part of the crowd wearing a jersey and drinking beer while yelling profanities. I want to get in fisticuffs with a Predator fan to defend the ballgames honor and have to be separated. Well... maybe not that far. But I sure as hell wasn't wearing a dress and I was definitely going to give anyone who deserved it a piece of my mind.

"I love it when you wear my jersey" Jon mentions as I finish up getting ready. I continue braiding my hair as he grabs my hips and pulls me back into him.

"And why is that" I ask.

"I'm not really sure. It could be how my name looks great across your back or how it gives me a sense of pride that prettiest girl ever is wearing my jersey" he claims.

"Why do I feel like you've said that to every girlfriend that's ever worn your jersey" I ask.

"I've never had a girlfriend wear my jersey" he claims and I turn around in his arms.

"Seriously" I ask.

"Yeah" he shrugs. "Either they didn't care or I didn't think they would treat the Jersey with the respect it needs" he explains.

"What do you mean treat it with the respect it needs" I wonder.

"I mean they would go out drinking in it or run around town with it on. I might have been a party animal and had my fair share of relationship problems, but I never disrespected the organization I was representing. I might have had a reputation off the ice, but my reputation on it was far more important. And I always made sure that my name and number was represented well. That's why I enjoy you wearing my jersey, because I know there's not a better person that would be wearing my jersey" he claims.

"Damn... I was planning on yelling profanities in this thing" I admit and he giggles.

"If I can yell profanities in mine, you can yell them in yours" he assures me.

"Perfect" I smile. He softly presses his lips to mine and I inhale deeply. His hands move to my lower back as he pulls me close.

"And as great as you look in this jersey, I really want to rip it off" he claims and I smirk.

"You better bring home a win then" I tease and he lets out a deep huff.

"And what if we lose" he asks.

"I'm still going to love you" I assure him as I cup his cheek.

"And you're still going to make love to me" he asks.

"Debatable" I joke and he laughs. He gives me one more quick peck on the lips before letting me finish off getting ready.

We head over to the Madhouse on Madison and he goes down to the locker room while I chill out in the boxes and eat their catered food until the game started and I can go to my seats.

"Oh Gracie" someone sing songs and I see Veronica walk over to me. I pull her into a tight hug and she hugs me back.

"God I've missed you" I admit.

"I missed you too. Not sure how a week long hair salon retreat is good for the office but I've been in soaking it up in Florida so I can't complain. How have you been" she wonders.

"I'm doing great, actually. I got a job" I smile.

"Seriously" she squeals and I nod my head.

"Yeah! I'm doing charity work with the organization. Setting up fundraisers and time for the players to visit some schools and other things. I'm really excited" I insist.

"Of course you are" she laughs. "But I'm seriously so happy for you. That's awesome" she insists.

"Thanks" I smile big.

We chill out and some of the other girls join us before we head out to the seats. The fans quickly file in and I was soon surrounded by fans. For the first time ever I was where I belonged as a part of the fans. It was incredible to experience. I got chills when chelsea dagger played and everyone drunkenly sang along. How nice everyone was, you know, as long as we were winning.

"That was amazing" I cheer as everyone starts to leave after the game. It was a close one but we won and that made me very happy.

"I can't believe you've been to so many games and that was the first time you've been in the stands" Abby admits.

"Honestly me neither. But I'm never going to be in a box again" I insist.

"Good. It wouldn't be as fun without you with us" Dayna insists.

We walk around a little and wait for the guys to do interviews. I couldn't cleave just yet because I had a charity hung to do so I hung out with the girls until Jon was ready to hand out some gifts. So we walk around and say hi to people, some fans stop and ask for pictures with the other girls.

My relationship was more low key than everyone else's and I was perfectly fine with that. I mean, people knew were together but we weren't that open about it. The first month or so my dad didn't even know were together, let alone everyone else. And until my mom passed there was no way anyone would have known unless they were told. But since that was a huge funeral in the Chicago community and he was at the front of the service supporting me the entire time, word got out that we were together. And I've been in the news almost my whole life thanks to my dad so I didn't really care. I never did let that crap get to me. But I know how people feel when their favorite player is suddenly taken, and let me tell you, they're not happy.

"Are you supposed to be Jonathan Toews' girlfriend" a girl asks me as her friends take pictures with Veronica and Dayna and Abby. She had a Jonathan Toews jersey on and his number on his cheek, so I can imagine where this is going.

"No" I laugh. "I am his girlfriend" I say and she raises her eyebrow at me. She looks me up and down before she shakes her head. She crossed her arms over her chest and I just wait for what could possibly slip last this girls lips.

"I never thought he would be the type to go for a entitled black girl" she says and I gasp.

"What exactly do you know about Jonathan or me that would lead you to that absurd conclusion" I ask.

"Enough" she claims.

"You know nothing. Considering I am biracial and not black, and I cut all ties that led to my father and have my own job therefore am not entitled, means you know nothing about me. And as for Jonathan, he wouldn't give a second thought to someone like you no matter what color you are simply because you ooze personality traits that belong in the toilet and not in a human being" I explain.

"I just don't get why he could have anyone and he chose you" she argues.

"I think I can answer that" someone else says. I turn around and see Jonathan standing there with a bag of cool stuff to give out in his hands. "I could stand here for hours telling you why I will chose Gracie over and over again, but honestly you're not with my time. So I'm going to leave you with this.

There is something about her that I can't live without. Maybe it's her beautiful soul or her heart that beats in time with mine. I can't tell you simply because I don't know the exact reason why. Really the reason is everything, but I'm sure you wouldn't understand.

Now if you'll excuse me, my girlfriend and I have good deeds to do" he says grabbing my hand. I wave goodbye to Dayna and Veronica and Abby before getting pulled away.

Jonathan and I find a nice fan to give the fan package I made as my first charitable deed and it was finally time for us to go home. So I sit in the passenger side of the car and stare at him as he drives off into the night.

"So... how much of that did you hear" I ask.

"All of it" he admits as he stares off down the road.

"Did I upset you" I ask. He hardly said a word since the incident. I didn't want to cross a line between him and his fans. I don't want people to not like him just because he's with me either.

"No" he claims and I let out a sigh.

"I feel like you're mad at me" I admit.

He suddenly pulls into a empty parking lot and puts the car in park. He turns to me and he stares right into my eyes.

"I'm not mad at you" he claims.

"Then what's wrong" I ask. "Is there anything I can do to fix this" I question.

"You can't change the way people think. People are always going to look at us and they're going to see two different people and not one happy couple. Doesn't that piss you off" he asks.

"Believe it or not, but I've been mixed all my life" I say and he laughs. "That kind of stuff doesn't bother me any more. I am a colored person who grew up in a white world, that's just how it is. And people will always think different of me. And that's okay, as long as you still love me I couldn't care less what everyone else has to say" I insist.

"I do. I love you more than anything" he pleads.

"Then let's get home because I'm pretty sure I promised you something" I say and he smirks.

"Are you trying to change the subject? Because it's working" he claims and I smile.

"Prefect."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 519 61
Jonathan fell in love with a girl who could never be his. And despite knowing that he still charged his life with her and she shared hers with him. A...
706K 10.4K 44
Christine Brown is a nurse living in downtown Chicago with her roommate Brianna. Her love life has been less than stellar, with many boys cheating, l...
36.9K 461 55
Cassidy and Jon were sent off to a boarding school meant to enhance athletic abilities. But what they found went farther than school and even the ice...
2K 42 22
As her brother gets drafted to another team and another city, Kaitlyn Gabriella Burish trades spots with him. As he leaves to go to Texas, she goes t...