See It In Your Eyes

Jonathan

After going to a bunch of really fun and really cool places we make a pit stop back in Canada. It was time for my day with the cup which I was really excited for. To bring it back to Manitoba is a honor, for this place has a rich hockey history and I'm now a part of it. And although I'm only getting started, I've found a great place to start.

We arrive in Winnipeg pretty early. The cup gets there just after I do and we take it to the community center. There I get to see old coaches and people who helped me get to where I am today, a Stanley cup champion.

I let my friends and family take pictures with the cup and mvp trophy. I catch up with a few family members as I watch my friends enjoy all of this.

"I always knew you could do it" my dad claims.

"Did you now" I ask.

"Never doubted for a moment" he insists. "I remember watching you as a little kid. You always stayed close to the ice and pushed harder than anyone else. I never had to tell you what to do, you already knew. It was such a honor watching you grow into this incredible guy who stands before me today" he says grabbing my shoulders.

"Save the waterworks for the parade" I tease and he laughs.

People walk around and I go in search for my girlfriend. I hadn't seen her for a little while and I was missing her. She insisted in helping my mom plan all this out and now that she plans stuff for a living she claimed she wanted to "learn from the best".

Finally I find her helping little kids lift the cup above their heads for pictures. I walk over and join in a few pictures before stealing her away. I pull her to the side so I can introduce her to some of my friends from here.

"Alright. Nicky, Ryan, Sienna, this is my girlfriend Gracie. Grace, this are my childhood friends" I introduce. They all say hi before my only lady friend I had growing up speaks up.

Sienna was like a sister to me. A sister I never had if you will. She was the one who I went to when I had girl problems and she was tougher than most of my other friends. She lived next door and I played hockey with her brother for a while. She was awesome, I needed someone in my life and she gave it to me. We dated a little in high school but never more than that. It didn't work out and we agreed we were better off being friends.

"Can I just say that you are absolutely stunning" Sienna says and grace smiles.

"Wow that was so nice" Gracie smiles. "I've heard so many great things about you" she claims.

"You too. But he hardly did you justice" Sienna shuns as I shrug at her.

"I was going to tell you she is the most incredible person you will ever meet, but I wanted you to see that for yourself" I wink.

Those two run off to help my mom with something and I end up talking to Nicholas. We go way back and he's one of my only childhood friends I keep in touch with.

"That's quite a girl you got yourself" he admits as I absentmindedly sign some pucks to give out.

"Yeah. I got really lucky with that one. She's better than anything I would ever ask for" I admit.

"You gonna marry her" he asks.

"If it's not her then I'm not going to get married" I insist.

"You used to say you would never get married" he reminds me.

"A lot has changed since then. In the past year even" I admit.

"I can tell. You seem a lot..." he trails off.

"What" I ask cautiously.

"Calmer" he claims and I laugh.

"I wasn't that bad" I insist.

"You were terrible" he insists. "But I can tell that you're different. You're soft now" he claims.

"There's nothing wrong with that" I claim.

"I never said there was" he counters. "But I can feel it. You realize there's more to life than hockey. You're not obsessive over it. I can see it in your eyes, they see it all differently" he says.

"We have been through a lot. Her dad hates me and he mom loved me but she passed away. It's kinda been her and I since we met and I didn't plan for any of this to happen. The Stanley cup, yeah. I've dreamed of that as a kid. But never in those dreams did I see her there. Anyone really, but definitely not anything like her" I admit.

"Well I'm happy for you. You brought home more than just a trophy, you brought home someone this city can be proud of right along side of you and that takes a lot. Many men can handle powerful women" he claims.

"I handle Patrick. He's basically a powerful woman" I admit.

"Well I'm still happy for you. I hope to see you two around more" he admits.

After that we have a little parade where I carried the cup around town to show it to different people and just enjoy the experience. This whole day with the cup thing was so cool and it gave us a chance to use our platform.

Finally the day starts to wind down. We head back to my house to clean up as the cup makes a few more rounds. I clean off one of the tables before I feel someone run into me. I look up and see sienna smiling at me.

"What's up" I wonder.

"Why didn't you tell me your girlfriend was the most incredible person ever" she shuns.

"How am I supposed to explain it" I ask.

"Well you can start my mentioning how much she gave up to be with you. Then you could go on to talk about how you like to take a step back and enjoy life for once. Then you could have mentioned that you guys bought a house to live in together" she shuns.

"I'm my defense we've been so busy" I defend.

"Well sharing is caring. You better stay with her" she
Threatens.

"I would be stupid to let her go" she claims.

"Don't I know it."