Saved My life

Gracie

"They look beautiful mom" I say as we walk through the garden full of incredible flowers.

"Yeah, there's so many different colors" Jon adds on as he strolls along beside me. His hand in mine as we swing our arms back and fourth.

"The temperature in here is beautiful, it's going to be a great gardening season" she insists.

We continue to look at the flowers along with the other plants that were installed and admire what my mom had been able to do in January in Chicago. Granted the flowers were in the church, the fact she was even able to find them and get them in here was a miracle in itself. Let alone the fact the flowers looked so lively and vibrant.

"Is the garden finished" Jon wonders as he stops to smell the roses.

"Almost" she smiles. "There's a few more kinds I was hoping to get in, but for the mean time this garden, like my heart, is full" she smiles as she looks over them proudly.

"You know, I always remind Gracie of how incredible she is, and it's a nice reminder to myself that she got it from you" Jon says as he returns to my side and my mom smiles up at him. She looked at him a lot like I did.

"It's always a pleasure to talk to you Jonathan" she insists.

"You too Ruthy" he smiles.

We go inside and we walk around the church. We break apart and help my mom check that the Bible's were where they're supposed to be and that the pews were cleaned up. It's amazing how much food and empty coffee cups people leave out here after service.

I go to move to the next pew but run into someone along the way.

"Oppsies. Sorry-" I start but the person covers my mouth so I couldn't finish. I immediately try to fight my way out of their grasp but they wrap me up with their other arm.

"Hey there princess, where's your daddy" the man asks as I try to muscle myself away. I punch him in the side and he lets out a grunt but doesn't let go. Doesn't even loosen his grip. In fact if makes his grip on me get tighter as he starts to hurt me. "You're a feisty one" he comments as I continue to fight him. I feel the tears form in my eyes as my breathing pick up, but with his hand over my mouth it only makes it harder for me to breathe.

"Let her go" my mom yells as I start to grow weak. She runs over to me put stops when the man reveals a knife and puts it in my side. I feel the blade slightly go into my skin and let out a small whimper.

"Where's William" the man asks again as I start to get dizzy.

"He's not here, and she has nothing to do with this... please let her go" my mom begs. My sight gets blurry from the tears and the lack of oxygen I was receiving with his hand over my nose and mouth. I didn't want to pass out but I most certainly didn't want to see how this ends either. "Please let her go, take me" my mom insists and I try to shake my head. I didn't want anything to happen to her.

"Give me the location of William and I'll let her go" he tries. But by now everything was starting to fade as I feel my lungs start to fail me.

"Don't hurt my baby" my momma cries.

The next second everything turns black as I pass out in the mans arms.

~

"Look, she's waking up."

"Oh thank god."

"Just give her some space, let her come to."