Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

Epilogue pt.2

2.2K 84 71
By Erin__Lee

A/N: So this is the last official chapter guys. I'll spill my blurb at the end, enjoy.

P.S. in this chapter I'll be mentioning movies that Jasmine "was in" and movies that Emerson "filmed" let the record show Zendaya is not in any movie I mention and Bailee Madison doesn't make movies.

********

"Eli you need some help kiddo?" I lean into the room and ask.

Elijah looks up, tired brown eyes looking right into mine as his little feet hang off the side of the blue race car bed.

"Yes please." He pouts.

I go over to the five year old and kneel down to tie his shoes.

"All good," I ruffle his hair," can you handle taking your bags downstairs?"

Nodding he slides off the side of the bed and picks his bags up. I can tell they're heavy to him and I see him wobbling as he walks from the heaviness and the sleepiness. I don't help him though.

Elijah is a very independent little guy. Ever since he was younger. He skipped the crawling and basically taught himself to walk.

I remember it clear as day. Jasmine was away for three months filming Black Panther and I was home with 1 year old Elijah. Casey called and I stood up to answer it, leaving Elijah with his toys on the floor.

I took my eyes off him for ten seconds and he was standing by my tugging at my pant leg. 

Jasmine was pissed at me for not filming it but it's not like I knew it was going to happen anyway.

Rolling my shoulders I walk out the room and turn right into Nevaeh's room.

There Jasmine leans over into the crib, playing with her.

Nevaeh is the most beautiful baby ever. We had her the same way we had Elijah, a sperm donor. She didn't get mine or Jasmine's eyes. While our eyes are both brown, she has the prettiest set of blueish/grey eyes ever.

I watch my wife pick up my little girl and a smile takes over my face immediately.

God, I'm the luckiest woman alive.

"You ready love?" I ask.

Her eyes break from Nevaeh and she nods.

"Is Eli ready?"

"Yep he just took his things downstairs."

She purses her lips at me," you let him do it alone? Emerson he could've hurt himself." She scolds slapping my arm and walking out.

"Oh he's a big boy he can handle it." I mumble while walking over to Nevaeh.

As bend down and pick her up she coos happily and smiles.

"There's my pretty little girl," I rock her in my arms," you ready to go see NaNa."

She coos again and smacks her hands against her thighs.

"Me too."

Her still in my arms I scoop up her diaper bag and small suitcase and head downstairs.

All the bags sit by the door ready to be put into the car.

My phone starts to ring as I step into the kitchen.

"Jazz take Nevaeh please."

She nods and grabs the giggling baby from my arms.

I read the screen before answering," Chris hey, what's up man?"

"Hey Emerson, I know you're leaving town soon but I was talking with the guys and we have some really cool ideas to run by you about GG3." He speaks.

Chuckling I nod though he can't see me," alright great, I'll call as soon as I step foot back in L.A. and we'll meet up and discuss it."

"Great, have fun, bye."

"Bye."

We hang up and I slip my phone in my pocket.

"Who was it?"

"Chris Pratt, he wants to talk ideas for Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3."

She shakes her head," didn't Tom do the same thing with Infinity War."

"Him and RDJ. It's fun though, these guys are all like one big family."

"I mean, speaking from experience here, it's like that. You spend so much time with them on set you can't help but to get close," she pauses to check the text on her phone," my point."

She shows me her phone where Letitia Wright has texted wishing Jasmine a safe trip and saying she'll miss her.

While she replies to the message and feeds the kids I go take the bags outside and out them in my Escalade.

It was an excited, impulse buy. After making my movie it didn't do too well but I didn't give up and I made another and it was the right choice, it blew up. I made over half a million on it and the first thing I bought was an engagement ring for Jasmine.

Then I bought my truck.

Our wedding took place back home. We didn't do anything big or extravagant just family and friends.

The wedding was low key, we wanted the reception to be low key but in some way shape or form(because of Jasmine's agent) the press found out about it.

When we got back to L.A. our famous friends asked us to have another reception and we couldn't just turn it down.

Not too soon after, by not too soon I mean a few months, we found a new home.

It wasn't at all cheap but Jasmine had just gotten a huge bonus for signing on to the Black Panther film and I was starting to get paid for co-directing Infinity War so we were able to afford it.

I close the trunk and go back inside.

I have to eat quick because we're on a schedule that revolves around Nevaeh's sleep.

We had to schedule a flight that corresponded around Nevaeh's sleep schedule but because of the time we needed to keep we had to put her down for a nap at 10 in the afternoon so she'd be tired again on the plane ride.

After I finish I scoop up Elijah and his book bag and Jasmine grabs her purse and Nevaeh's diaper bag.

We secure the two in the backseat and she climbs in the passenger seat.

Elijah is always so fascinated when we drive through L.A. so as usual he asks a million questions in one minute.

Jasmine always finds this funny because she doesn't answer his questions. I'm left pondering ways to answer it because in all honesty some of the answers I don't know.

I pull into the LAX and find a spot after a while. We grab all of our stuff, me with most of it as Jasmine has the kids.

Really we don't have much, my bag, Jasmine's bags, Elijah's bag, and Nevaeh's bag.

More than a little bit of people recognize Jasmine, Black Panther was a smash hit. She signs some autographs and surprisingly I get asked for my autograph from a few people.

As one person come up to Jasmine two more follow and eventually security has to come disperse it all.

An hour later, at 6 a.m., we board the plane and as planned Nevaeh falls asleep. The ride is peaceful, Nevaeh sleeps, Elijah's plays with my tablet then falls asleep, and Jasmine and I quietly spoke about what is going to happen when we land in Oklahoma.

Long story short we land and head straight to my moms house.

I go up and quietly unlock the door and signal for Jasmine to bring the kids in. I'd worry about getting the bags in a minute.

Once we're inside I slam the door shut. It's quiet for a second then I hear stumbling and feet pounding against the floor.

Ma jumps down the last step with a metal bat in hand ready to swing.

Eyes widening I jump in front of Jasmine and the kids, hand grabbing the bat.

Still not paying attention to who it is she swings her fist. I drop the bat, grab her arm, pull her into me, and wrap my arm around her neck.

"Ma calm the hell down."

She's breathing heavily but her eyes widen as it dawns on her who it is.

"Princess!"

I let her go and she immediately hugs me. She squeezes tightly and rocks is back and forth.

"I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too Ma."

Once she pulls away Elijah beams.

"Grandma!" He exclaims hugging her tightly.

Well he's wide awake now.

Momma comes down dressed already.

I can't help myself, I step closer and wrap my arms around her waist, spinning her in a circle.

"No one told me I'd miss my momma so much when I moved away." I whisper.

She chuckles and hugs me tightly.

I come home as much as possible but when you're filming there's no such thing as a holiday.

Last Christmas I was still on set filming. We didn't wrap until 9 a.m. so RDJ invited us all over to his little village, which is basically his four trailers with his little garden in the middle.

I didn't get home till 10 but Jazz and Elijah had waited for me to open gifts.

That being said it's been a little over half a year since I've seen my moms.

My moms are clad in all white. Ma is wearing white jeans, a big white tee, white converse, and a white snapback. Momma is wearing white capris, a white loose fitting blouse, dark beige heels, and a dark beige belt.

"You two catch up with Emerson for a minute I'm going to go change and get the kids dressed."

I pull away from Momma and raise a brow at her," nah I'll come help and we'll all talk after."

As I grab our bags and walk upstairs with her I hear Ma mumble about them raising me right.

While Jasmine slips Nevaeh into her white onesie and white jeans I help Elijah put on his white jeans, white tee, and white converse.

Once they're dressed Jasmine and I change.

My outfit consists of white cargo shorts, a white polo, white air forces, and the dog tags I got from Grandpa Wayne.

Jasmine's outfit is white skinny jeans, a white crop top, and white nike huaraches.

Afterwards we go downstairs and talk with my moms before my alarm goes off.

"We should be heading out, don't want to be late." I say standing.

I grab Nevaeh's diaper bag and give Elijah his book bag and everybody leaves out.

Ma immediate heads to her car. Her new car.

When I got my second pay check I bought it for her. A blue mercedes e400 coupe.

The ride to the park is short and when we get there I immediately smile at seeing everyone.

Literally everyone is here. Olivia and Casey(engaged), Seth and Will(now married), Maggie and Vince, Emilia, Holden and their three kids Jason, Wayne, and Georgie, Zoie, Damien, Kai and his wife Denise, Aunt Kat and Jordan, their kids Jackson, Cameron, Katherine and Jamie, Uncle Aiden and his girlfriend Yvonne, Lukas, Markus and Val(pregnant) and their daughter Zoe, Bay, Moses, Trey, Celeste, Uncle Austin, Aunt Roxy, Aunt Ali, Uncle Drew, Abby, Oliver, JJ, CeCe, Nick, and Isabel.

Everyone is dressed in white, a few people wearing blue jeans or shorts. Everything is white, the tenths, table cloths, and chairs.

Walking into the tent I see the partition board.

"In Memory of Wayne." 

Underneath the large white words are pictures of everyone and Grandpa Wayne.

We've been having this memorial of him for six years now. The whole family, blood and not blood, show up to remember him.

The first person I approach is Grandma Isabel.

"Hey Gram."

She beams when she sees me. She's 74 now.

I'm glad I haven't lost her and that she's here to see her grandkids and great-grandkids.

"Emerson!" She cheers hugging me as tight as she can.

"Hey Nana," Elijah greets her and hugs her.

They talk for five minutes before he runs off to play with his cousins.

I talk with her for as long as possible, then Jasmine soon brings over Nevaeh and I make my rounds.

Lucky me I get the chance to talk to everyone but only briefly.

Then the time comes to light the lantern, the sun has gone down and the stars light up the night sky. As always Grandma Isabel lights it.

We count down to five and she lets it go.

Once it's too far up to see we start packing everything and cleaning up.

"I'm glad I got to see you Emmy." Grandma tells me before I leave.

I cup her cheeks," same here Gram, I love you."

"I love you too honey."

Kissing her cheek I give her a big hug, wait for my family to say goodbye, and then we head back to my moms house.

Elijah is knocked out by the time we pull into the drive and Nevaeh had fallen asleep at the memorial.

"I'll put them to bed." I say, taking Nevaeh with my other arm.

Jasmine nods and heads to bed and I go into my old room.

It had been turned into a room for them a long time ago.

I lie Nevaeh down first, gently rubbing my finger down her cheek, and then I lie Elijah down and tuck him in.

"Night mommy." He mumbles.

Kissing his forehead I whisper," night little man."

Jasmine is already in bed when I get in the room.

I waste no time in changing into some basketball shorts and a sports bra.

A loud groan escapes my lips as I slip into bed with her and wrap my arms around her waist, my face buried in the crook of her neck.

She giggles at this and I chuckle.

"You okay?" She asks.

I smile and nod," yeah, before this whole thing would've made me ball my eyes out but it's just reminded me of what I have, and what I had. Grandpa wouldn't want to see me grieving forever but I'll never forget him."

She scoots down a little and wraps her arms around my neck," have I ever told you how courageous you are."

"Well I think the nickname mighty lion came from that notion yes, but hearing it again never hurts."

She rolls her eyes but smiles," you're so courageous, and smart, and supportive, and just all around awesome."

"You are too, and so much more. I literally couldn't have asked for a better wife than you. You're the greatest mother I've ever seen, you're so talented. I just," I pause," god I love you."

The smile on her face grows as she leans in and kisses me," if our kids weren't in the room over I'd rock your world." She whispers against my lips.

"Damn, looks like you and I are staying at a hotel tomorrow night, my moms can watch the kids."

I'm only half joking.

She kisses me again and lies her head on my chest," goodnight Emmy, I love you."

"I love you most Jazzy."

Soon enough she's sound asleep and as I hold her in my arms, her long brown hair flowing down her back, I realize something.

I've found myself in her.

********

A/N #2: That's a wrap guys! I have so many things to say but I'm gonna try to keep it short.

1) On every level of great-fullness I have to thank you guys for going through this journey with me I mean I never thought I'd be here with over 200k reads on the first book and the other three still climbing.

2) I'm so sad to be done with this. Call me crazy but writing about Alex, Jess, Markus, and Em has been pretty emotional for me. It's like having kids and they just grow up right before your eyes.

3) I'm so happy to be done with this. I couldn't imagine being this successful and this moment being any more bittersweet if I had chosen another story to write.

4) You! I'm so shocked by the support I've gotten from you guys. I didn't think I'd write a story that inspired others, evoked this much emotion, and just meant so much to people.

5) I don't know all your names or every reader I have so personalized messages can't be too personal so let's just do it like this: YOU! Yes you reading this right now, (insert your name here), I can't thank you enough for clicking on this insignificant little story and falling in love with it like you have. Thank you for being the awesome nerd that you are. Much Love, Niquey_rock💜

Lastly) I've decided that, as long as you guys are into it and you want to, I'm going to do a character Q&A. So if you guys want to see that happen comment your questions right here on this paragraph. It doesn't only have to be for a main character if you have questions for Drew or Kat or Aiden or Mia or Hayden ask it.

Till next time.

Love Always,
Niquey_rock✌🏽😋🤟🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 975 22
~complete~ "I want to stop whatever this is! because I'm already falling for you!" A teen pop sensation billie eilish just had a break up, her team...
576K 12.4K 35
where a new tiktok star meets THE tiktok star. and it turns into more than a friendship. girlxgirl ~~ "she knows what i think about" ♡ ~~ thank you...
902K 25.8K 31
Read I DONT DATE CHEERLEADERS, A LITTLE PIECE FRKM HEAVEN, ALLESANDRA and I DONT DESERVED TO BE LOVE before reading this. *16 YEARS LATER AFTER EMERS...
2K 117 56
Emerson Vermont, high school senior just wants to graduate and leave her hometown and all the drama (she probably caused too) behind. But what you wi...