The Game Of Survivors✔️

By shakthi

Highest ranking: #1 [Blurb] "I... I will kill you," She raised the gun at me. "Sanjana-" "I am Trishana," she... More

Prologue
#1 The Surya Group.
#2 The survivors
#3 The hearing
#4 Doctor vs Reporter
#5 The gunshot
#6 The Enemy's Enemy
#7 The missing patients
#8 The file house
#9 The Estate house
#10 Between the devil & The deep sea
#11 The gang
#12 The betrayal
#13 The confession
#14 Project "Surya Narayan"
#15 Kidnapped!
#16 Trisha's Secret
#17 The plan
#18 Truth magazine
#19 Merging of Latest
#20 Safe house
#21 Shweta Surya Narayan
#22 Abraham
#23 The Obsession
#24 The silent witness
#25 Varsha missing
#26 The torture
#27 Arrested
#28 Arjun's True colors
#29 The press conference
#30 Rest in peace
#31 Family
Book II #32 Face-to-Face
#33 Sanjana saxena
#34 Truth & lies
#35 The first date
#36 Jasmine
#37 Izzy
#38 Yes!
#39 The person inside
#40 Knight in shining armour
#41 The promise
#42 The secret vault
#43 Against the rule
#44 A whole new world
#45 The truth
#46 The escape
#47 The rescue
#48 The uninvited guests
Book III #49 waking up
#50 Dreamland
#51 The Past
#52 The misplaced trust
#53 The mission backfired
#54 The interrogation
#55 Answers
#56 The double life
#57 Mrs.Arjun Rajnath
#58 The spy
#59 Reporter Trishana
#60 I love you
#61 The picnic
#62 The Jailbreak
#63 Operation sweep
#65 The surrender
#66 The surprise gift
#67 Surviving the worst
#68 Game over
#69 Back to the rightful places
#70 Together Forever [Epilogue]

#64 The Trap

9.2K 833 163
By shakthi

[Read chapter 63 Before this, Both are updated together]

Aditya.

"I can't get hold of uncle for a few days" Aditi said as she sat near me.

"You know him, He will be sleeping in the day time and operating at night time, He's always busy" I said and She nodded.

"I know" She put the phone down. "I will try later" She said.

"Uncle Aditya!" Izzy ran to me "I am going out with daddy" She smiled happily.

I chuckled as I touched the her ponytail that was bouncing with her steps.

"Don't touch my hair!" She was annoyed instantly. "Varshechi tied it for me!" She said.

"Oops..Sorry" I said while Aditi laughed.

"What will you bring us, Izzy?" Trisha asked her.

"Chocolates!" She exclaimed Without hesitation and all of us laughed.

"Okay, we will wait for you then" Varsha told her when she came out.

"I got the details of the locker, I will go there and deliver the files" Shahid said.

"I am going out with daddy!" Izzy squealed happily and we laughed at her enthusiasm.

"She was locked inside all these time, So I thought I will let her have some time outside today" He nodded.

"Take care then,You know what's in your hand is very dangerous" Trisha said.

"Don't worry, I was the best cyber security officer, I can handle these" He smiled.

Arjun.

"I can't believe that we made this futile trip just to meet with them" Raghav sir said as we were returning from meeting the "investors". "The people we already have is far more better" He said. "It was such a waste to come here at this crucial time" He added.

Well...He still doesn't seem to to know that this "business trip" was exclusively for testing me!

They will not get anything on me, I am confident that all my files and datas are clear.

Abiram's guy who accompanied us is following me around 24/7 like my shadow and I am enjoying making him anxious.

"Now that our business is done, Let's go back" I told him and he nodded. "We need to prepare for the Shareholders meeting" He said.

Mahesh.

Everything was set ready and I took the microphone, The frequency of my sound wave was already changed to mimic Arjun's voice.

"Hello?" I said. "Do I sound like him?" I asked.

Abiram gave me a thumbs up.

"You sounds exactly like Arjun" He said. "This voice converter is really something!"

"Then let's start"

"Are you sure?...What if -"

"If Arjun has contact with them, We will know today" I said.

It was Father's idea to do this, I really admit that he is a genius.

Instead of using Dr.Prakash to blackmail them, Father has arranged everything to set a trap for them.

No wonder Surya group has been growing under him.

"Here's the number" Abiram brought me the phone number that was taken from Dr.Prakash's phone.

I started to dial the number and was thrilled to hear the call going through.

"Hello?"

I heard the sound of a guy.

"Aditya?.." I said.

"Arjun?" He said and a shiver went down me.

He recognised Arjun's voice in a second!

"But what's this number? When did you come back? Are you coming here today?"

He asked me nonstop.

Okay...I need to stay calm, I just have to talk, The sound coming out will be Arjun's.

"I was worried about my personal phone being bugged, Anyway, I cannot come and meet you, But I need all of you to come and meet me, I need to tell you something important"

"You want all of us to come out of here!? Where will we meet? When will we meet?"

"Tonight" I said. "We will meet at Karthik's estate" I said. "We got some works before the Shareholders meeting that is tomorrow"

Ever since Karthik's identity was exposed, Everything on him has been revealed, including the estate house, We assumed that the gang was hiding there until recently. Father wanted us to lure them there before trapping them.

A house in the centre of the estate is very ideal for what we are planning for them and it will not be suspicious if I asked them to meet there.

"Okay, Since Surya group is in a crisis, I reckon they will be busy" Aditya said.

I fisted my hands.

Yes...you think that Abiram and I am on the run and have no time to chase after you...

"Okay, Then Everyone assemble there at 9 sharp" I said. "I need to go now" I added.

I don't want to prolong the conversation and ruin anything.

"Hey Arjun, Wait" Aditya said and I stilled. "Someone was worried about you, Let me call her" He said.

I stilled at that.

Someone worried about Arjun!?

Who's it?!

"Trisha.." I could hear him shouting.

Reporter Trishana!?

Another Shock wave passed through me.

"What is it?" I heard a girl's Voice- Apparently Trishna's voice.

"It's Arjun"

What the!

"Be serious, Aditya" I could hear her scolding him.

"Seriously! It's Arjun" He confirmed.

"Hello?" I heard her voice and almost forgot to respond.

The discovery was so unexpected and unbelievable that I am feeling shocked now.

"Hello?" I said slowly.

"Where are you Arjun!? How many days has been it? Why didn't you even call me? When did you reach back, When are you coming here!?" She stopped.

I could hear the worry, concern and authority in her voice and I confirmed my theory.

Arjun is in a relationship with Reporter Trishana!?

"I reached back" I said. "I cannot come there to meet you, You have to come and meet me, I already gave the details to Aditya"

I said while still trying to digest the news about Arjun and her.

"Are you okay?" Her next question brought me back to my senses. "Is there something wrong? I can sense something wrong with you" She said.

I cannot ruin all of these.

"I am ok, I will tell you everything when you come here, I cannot talk now, See you tonight"

I disconnected the call.

I was in shock as I leaned back to the chair.

"What's all that about!?" Apparently Abiram was as shocked as myself too, He lowered the earpiece down.

Arjun...Arjun is close with Reporter Trishana!? Then Sanjana...what about that girl..

"He was trying to fool us using the other girl" I said slowly. "That's why Sanjana disappeared all of a sudden, He's been helping Trishana all these time"

"That's why he wanted me to stay far away from her!" Abiram said. "He always got angry whenever I tried to harm her" He added. "Father is already investigating Sanjana Saxena, Don't worry, It's a matter of time before everything is revealed"

"Wow" I said. "This is our chance to capture them all together, The STO guy is already within our reach, We can deal with him any time we want" I said. "We will capture the rest of them tonight and surprise our little brother" I said. "Then Father will decide their fate"

"That sounds like a good plan" Abiram nodded. "I would love to see his face when Arjun see them"

"This is big! Let's inform father that his plan is a success!"

Trisha.

I looked at the phone doubtfully.

"What did he say?" Aditi asked me and I realised that Aditya and Aditi was waiting for me to hear the news.

"He didn't say anything, Just to meet tonight" I said and Aditya nodded.

"But he sounds different somehow" I added.

"May be he is in the office or something" Aditi said and I nodded.

"May be" I said.

"Relax Trisha" Aditya said. "He's back at home, You were worried about Narayan sending him away, Now that he is back, you should relax" He said and I nodded again.

"Let me call Shyam and ask about this" Aditi said. "We don't know if he was asked to come there too"

So I waited as she talked to Shyam and disconnected.

She looked up at us.

"He didn't call Shyam" Aditi said. "But Shyam said Arjun must've reached back today as the Shareholders meeting is tomorrow" She said. "Arjun was planning to expose everything including our identity at the Shareholders meeting tomorrow, So Shyam thinks the meeting will be something about it"

Surya Narayan.

The voice clip stopped.

Arjun is in contact with them! He was helping them!?

"Father?" Mahesh said and I looked up. I finally agreed to meet them after the phone call to the guy Aditya.

"We need to deal with Arjun now or he will somehow-"

"I want him to come back" I said slowly. "I want to know the reason" I said angrily.

"There's no point in bringing him back!" Abiram said. "He is a traitor, He betrayed us and helped them"

"We still don't know the full story" I said. "I suspect there's more to it" I said firmly.

"Like what!?" Mahesh said. "You are trying to find excuses for him" He said.

I looked at him deadly.

"Do you think I am stupid?" I asked him. "I will not let him go if he is a traitor, I will destroy him" I said. "But first, I need to make absolutely sure" I said.

There's so many things I don't understand. If Arjun was indeed helping them, Why did he gave us all that informations on them?

I cannot deny it.

He was the one who helped us to get rid of Ajith roy, He was the one who recognised Karthik, He was the one who stopped Reporter Trishana and helped us to throw her out of her TV station.

He did so many things against them, Then why is he involved with them?

There should be more to the story...I am sure of that.

"What happens if he really is a traitor?" Abiram asked me.

"Then I will destroy him completely, I will never forgive him and he will never see the daylights again" I said firmly.

"What about that Doctor and Karan?" Mahesh asked suddenly. "They might be involved in this too"

"Apart from adopting Aditya and Aditi and trying to hide them from Surya group, The Doctor doesn't seem to know anything" I said. "I investigated him, He is on call most of the time and spend most of his days in the hospital" I said. "He is not even contacting them regularly" I said. "We won't get anything out of him, I will decide what to do with him after all of this is over"

"Karan?"

"He is too silent" I said. "You know how fiercely loyal he is"

"He didn't say anything!?" Abiram asked. "Let me come there to the headquarters and personally interrogate him-" Abiram started angrily.

"Stop it, Abiram, The whole police department is on lookout for us and you want to go there now?" Mahesh said sternly. "I have already figured a way out to escape from India, If you are being this reckless and impatient, I will leave you behind, This is a matter of survival!" He looked exasperated.

I sighed.

If Mahesh was not stupid to get involved with that girl, I would not have reconsidered my decision, But he has already ruined himself.

"I..I am just frustrated" Abiram said. "I just want to open that bastard's mouth"

"He is still getting interrogated, Abiram, It's about time for him to crack" I looked at the watch. "No one has ever tolerated it more than a day" I said. "Now that we know that the gang has contact with Arjun, Karan has no choice, But tell us the truth" I said. "I have to go now, I want to hear his part of the story before deciding what to do with him"

Karan.

"No..." I tried to move. "Not..again..Spare me..I will..talk" I added.

I am still belted to the electric chair. Vijay was interrogating me for hours now.

I really feel like I will go out of my mind if I have to endure this again.

"Are you sure?! You want to break your silence?" Vijay hissed in my ear and switched it on again.

"Noooooo"

It stopped abruptly.

"Tell me.." He said in a evil voice. "We already know what's going on, Trishana and her gang already recognised Arjun's Voice, They are already on their way, moving straight to the trap" Vijay said. "They have no way out"

My heartbeat leaped at that.

"Karan...This is your last chance" Vijay said. "If you confess everything now, We will spare your life and Narayan sir will reward you well, But if you keep on trying to protect your boss, You are not going to live another day"

"I...I will..talk" My voice trembled.

"Then tell me...Is Arjun in contact with the gang?" He asked.

"Yes.." I said slowly. "Arjun sir...was following them for a long..time" I said.

I know that I cannot blow my cover, I have been tortured enough, Enough for them to believe that I gave up on my boss.

You are not my spy...you belongs to the Surya group, This is what I want from you...

I remember Arjun Sir's words and closed my eyes tightly.

I will just trust him and do this then..

"Is he interested in Reporter Trishana?" Vijay asked again.

"Arjun sir..never was interested in girls...But he..really admired Reporter Trishana, He..He said she has brains.." I stopped.

The guy nodded again.

"Continue.." Vijay said.

"Arjun sir...wanted to..know the real..Identity of the gang members, That's why he decided to..follow Reporter..Trishana..like Narayan sir asked..He even..Sent me to spy on her and she...fired me after Abiram..set fire to ..her office" I stopped.

Vijay's eyebrows raised a bit.

"He sent you to spy on her?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yes, You..you..can cross check..my statements"

"On the night Thomas Mathew arrested her, Do you know what happened?" Vijay asked and I stilled.

How can they know about it? I made sure to wipe all CCTV footages like sir asked me to!

If they don't know anything, They won't ask me this, But I don't know how much they know...And I am not in a position to lie now..

"Karan?" Vijay asked.

What am I supposed to say-

"Aaahhhhh"

The pain came again. It felt like a thousand needles were piercing my whole body.

They stopped passing the current and I stilled.

I couldn't even raise my head anymore.

"Don't even think about lying now, Karan, Because we already know that Trishana took Arjun's car that day and Arjun was trying to follow her, What does it mean? how come they were together?" He asked me, Now playing the small video clip that showed Arjun sir chasing her.

I closed my eyes tightly.

I need to do something or Arjun sir will be trapped, But at the same time, I cannot let them suspect anything..especially his identity.

"Reporter Trishana.. approached Arjun sir..all by herself, She..wanted to..get datas..from him, Arjun sir already knew why..she was trying to..get closer to him and he...He played along, Acting Ignorant" I stopped.

"So you are telling me that Arjun and reporter Trishana was trying to use each other?" Vijay asked and I nodded.

"What about that day then? What happened?"

"Before the meeting with DIB, Trishana..wanted to get Arjun sir's files, She got close to him for that, But she came across the case files on herself and understood that...Arjun sir is using her to trap her friends" I said slowly. "So she pointed the gun at us and..Tried to escape" I stopped.

Silence filled the room as Vijay looked shocked.

"There's is still the CCTV footage of reporter Trishana trying to run over Arjun sir from his apartment, That day, You can see it" I said.

"We already got everything from his apartment, But apart from that clip, There's nothing saved, Why is that?"

Because Arjun sir wiped everything, But I cannot say that.

"That..That day, Shahid khan and others visited the apartment" I said. "Reporter Trishana was in Thomas's custody and they were mad, They attacked us and tampered with the security systems including the CCTV" I said.

It's true that Shahid got inside by tampering the security system.

"So why did Arjun hide it from Narayan sir?" His question came again.

"Because he didn't want anyone to know about this, He knew that no one will be happy about this situation" I said.

"Where did you disappear that day?" he asked.

"I told you, Shahid khan and others took me as prisoner and Arjun sir had to prove to them that he's really helping them to get revenge on Surya group"

"How did he do that?"

I know this is the tricky part.

"He told them about his Amma, How he was orphaned at a young age and how he had to grow up in the orphanage all alone" I said.

"Very well...Who is Sanjana Saxena?" He asked, Staring at me.

I stared right back.

"Karan, Narayan sir has already found that it was just a trick, Everything was perfect at a glance, She was supposed to be the heiress of Alpha group, But then Narayan sir already investigated and knows that there's no one with the identity, Sanjana Saxena" Vijay said cruelly. "Yet, Arjun did bring a girl to his club house, So I advise you to be smart and Answer my questions truthfully"

I avoided talking about that, But I guess I cannot do that.

If they have already lured the gang to the trap, There's no point in lying again about it.

I cannot blow my cover too.

I looked at Vijay.

"Can you guarantee my Safety? If I talk about that, Arjun sir will kill me" I said.

"You are trying to make deal with me now!" He raised his fist towards me, But stopped as if he got some order.

He touched the earpiece.

Narayan is watching this from his office!

I realised.

"Your safety is guaranteed" Vijay told me venomously, Like he don't agree with the decision one bit.

"That's Reporter Trishana" I said slowly.

"What!?" Vijay asked again.

"I told you, Reporter Trishana approached my boss as Sanjana Saxena first, But he already recognised her" I said. "He acted ignorant and played along" I said. "Arjun sir didn't want..anyone to suspect anything while he was trying to follow her and her gang, That's why he was so angry when Abiram tried to interfere in her matters" I stopped.

"So Arjun sir didn't really like Trishana, He was actually trying to spy on her?" His next question came.

"Yes, That was the plan" I said.

"So Arjun sir and Trishana is not in a relashionship?" He asked.

I looked at him and he looked straight back.

I know where this questions are leading to.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!"

"Then why did Trishana and her gang trust him and was even ready to follow his instructions?"

"Because Arjun sir convinced them that he's trustworthy" I shrugged. "Arjun sir planned all of this"

"So Trishana thinks Arjun sir really likes her, But in reality Arjun sir is only tricking her?" He asked again, his eyes boring into mine.

"Yes" I said.

My last conversation with Ma'am Trishana make sense now.

When I called her the last time, Asking her to sent Arjun sir back to the headquarters, She had asked me a strange favour.

She made me promise that if something goes wrong in the company and when Arjun sir is in trouble, She wanted me to protect his identity until the very end.

She said that even if I have to use her to gain their trust, I should do that.

I had reluctantly promised her that, Because she was so stubborn and she wanted me to keep it from Arjun sir too.

Did she predict this situation?

Like Arjun sir, She really knows Surya group then!

There is one thing I am certain of, Whatever happens, Madam will protect his identity, No matter what.

So I hope, I am not ruining things here..

"Can you let go of me now?" I said. "I already answered all of your questions"

"We are only starting-"

"I really want to remain here in Surya headquarters, I want to work for Narayan sir" I said. "I cannot go back to Arjun sir anymore, So I have no other way" I said.

"You want to abandon your boss?" Vijay asked me.

"Uh! I don't want to abandon him, But I am not really in a position to choose now, With the current situation, I would rather stick with Narayan sir than Follow my boss" I said.

Because that's what Arjun sir want from me.

Vijay nodded his head smugly.

"That's exactly what I am talking about, You want to abandon your boss" He stated and I scowled.

Shahid.

It took me a couple of hours to drive back.

"Daddy" Izzy asked me from the passenger seat. "Will Uncle Karthik come there too?" She asked.

I sighed.

This is not the first time she's asking this. It looks like she's missing him a lot.

"No Izzy" I said. "Uncle Karthik is busy" I said. "Everyone else will be coming" I said.

She nodded.

"Izzy, It will take some time to reach the estate house, Go to sleep, I will wake you up when we reach there" I said and she nodded again.

Instead of going back to Dreamland, I have decided to drive back to the estate house where everyone decided to assemble.

I looked at the watch.

It was only 7 pm, I might reach there before the rest of the gang.

My phone started to ring and I attended Aditi's call.

"Hello?" I said.

"Did everything go fine with the files?" She asked.

"Yes, It's been taken care of" I said. "And I am nearly at the estate house"

"Okay, We are on our way too...We will meet you there" She said.

Abiram.

It was only 8 at night when the first call came.

"Did they reach?" I asked, Now excited.

"One car came, But only one guy has reached, With a kid" Nakulan said.

I looked at Mahesh who was listening to the conversation.

"Don't move" Mahesh said. "Don't expose the plan, Let everyone reach there before We circle them" He said.

So I gave instructions and disconnected.

We have already surrounded the whole area with our people, This time, They cannot escape. They are trapped for real this time.

Shahid.

Something is wrong!

I dialled again, But the call didn't go through.

The network coverage is rather poor in this place, I know that, But What made me uneasy was that the coverage seemed completely cut off.

No...there's no way..

I opened my laptop that was with me and started to work.

"Daddy?" Izzy asked me. "Where's Trichechi, Uncle Aditya and all?" She said.

The radio frequency signal that I tried to access started to beep.

A network jammer!

Who placed a mobile phone jammer here!?

It's a trap!

I realised.

I walked to a corner and Started to watch outside.

The only advantage I have is the familiarity with the estate house. We have stayed here for a long time and have even discussed about situations where we have to escape from here.

So I switched on the light in the living room, Walked to the bedroom and watched out.

Sure enough, I spotted them, Two men a little far away in the woods-

I stopped.

I just spotted another person and...another person.

My heart started to beat wildly as I leaned to the wall.

The house is covered by woods all around, My guess is that Narayan's people are taking watch all around the house.

They are waiting for the rest of my gang to reach back.

I looked at the time.

8:15 pm

They will reach by 9..

I need to inform them or they will walk straight to the trap.

My gaze stopped on Izzy and I took a deep breath.

Okay...

I cannot give up, I couldn't protect Jasmine, But I will protect my daughter.

"Izzy, Come here" I said and took her hand.

"Daddy-"

"Shhh..Daddy is playing a game with Izzy" I said, Now locking every door that leads to outside.

"What game are we playing daddy?" She asked me innocently as I took her hand and brought her to the stairs.

It was leading to the same dark room that once trapped Aditi with the bats and the same room Trishana later modified to work as her project room.

The only advantage is, The stairs looks blocked and the room is not very visible as it has only a trap door with wood that looks like a part of the rest of the wall.

I opened the trap door.

"This is Trichechi's room" Izzy exclaimed as I switched on the table lamb that belonged to varsha.

I bend down and entered inside.

"Izzy, Daddy want you to hide here" I said, Trying to sound normal and keeping a straight face.

My heart felt heavy, But I ignored the pessimistic thoughts and forced myself to look at my daughter's face.

She stared at me.

"Stay here quietly, Don't come out of here, Don't make any sounds, Don't shout, Don't cry" I said. "Don't move out of here until I come here for you, Okay?" I looked at her.

She looked worried suddenly. She must've sensed something from my face.

I took another breath and Knelt down infront of her.

"Izzy, Daddy will come back for you, I promise" I told her more calmly.

"Izzy worried daddy"

I hugged her to me for a moment. Keeping her close to me, feeling her accelerated heartbeats against mine.

Then I let go of her.

"Izzy, Wait here for me" I said and took out my spare phone. "Here, keep it with you" I said.

"Where are you going?"

"I am not going anywhere, I am here in this house, Daddy want to fight bad uncles, So Izzy should wait here when I fight them"

"I..I am afraid of bad uncle-"

"Shh...I will not let them hurt you, Izzy" I said firmly, looking into her eyes.

Izzy nodded slowly.

I kissed her cheek. "Good girl" I said and got back up. "If I don't come, Uncle karthik, Aditya or Arjun will-"

"Izzy want daddy come back" She said, Looking scared.

"I will, Izzy, I love you" I looked at her eyes, Giving her strength and confidence. "Daddy loves you, Izzy, I will definitely come back for you"

She watched me for a moment, Then Slowly nodded.

I resisted the urge to hug her again And I walked out of there.

I closed the wooden door back and locked it well, I reached down the stairs.

8:30 pm

Okay..

I need to warn others first..

For that, I should Find out this jammer first and take care of it...

Normally it will be around 30 feet radius.

They are planning to block the radio waves coming in and out if the estate house, So it will be nearby.

Aditya.

"I cannot reach Shahid" Aditi said from the passenger seat.

"He must've reached there, The time is already 8.30" Trisha said. "Arjun will be on his way too, Let me call him"

"Wait, Is it safe to call him now?"

"He would already have stepped out of his office if he wants to reach the estate house" She said and dialled.

Trisha.

I waited as the call went through.

"Hello..?" I said as soon as he picked up. "Arjun, We are on our way, Did you reach there? Did you see Shahid? We cannot contact him"

"Hello..Trishana, Sorry, I am running a bit late-"

"What...what did you call me!?" I asked in shock.

Aditi turned around to look at me from the passenger seat While Varsha too was listening intently.

There was silence at the other end.

"Uh...Sorry Trisha, It just slipped..I am already on my way, See you soon"

The call disconnected.

"Stop the car" I whispered while Aditya slammed down the break.

"What's it? what's wrong?" All of them turned to me.

"It's..it's not Arjun" I said.

"What are you talking about!?"

"He..just called me..Trishana! Then..,When I asked, He made it short ; Trisha" I looked at them. "You all know what Arjun calls me!"

"Sanjana or Sanju" Aditi nodded and silence filled around as everyone considered this.

"But Trisha, I too talked to him, It was Indeed his voice-"

"That's exactly what I am saying, It was his Voice! But it's not his tone"

"Then.."

"We are walking to a trap" I whispered.

"Oh My God! Shahid is already there and He is not available-" Aditi stopped midway as her phone beeped.

"I just got a text from him!" She opened the message as both Aditya and I leaned to read it.

"The meeting is a trap, Surya group people here, Donot come here"

And all of us where frozen.

Shahid.

I managed to do it, I found the network jammer and deactivated it.

I even managed to send them a message.

If all of us get trapped here, There's no way we could escape.

As I have informed them, They will find a way to take care of the situation.

But as soon as the message delivery report came, The old model bell sound rang in the house.

Looks like they have already found out about it.

"Shahid? I know you are inside"

I heard Abiram's sickening sound and My heart trembled.

All those memories about Jasmine came back and I fisted my hands tightly.

I am not afraid to die, I really am not, After Jasmine's death, I was living for my daughter.

I restrained from killing them because I wanted to give my daughter a normal life, But at the same time, I am willing to do anything for her.

I am ready to kill them or get killed if it means that I can save my baby girl.

I could hear them trying to knock down the door and I moved towards the room.

Crash...

The old door crashed and three of them entered inside.

"Split up and search" Mahesh's order came.

I could see them splitting up in two directions while one guy guarded the door.

One of them was walking towards my side and I waited.

He was holding a knife in front of him and I held my breath as he came inside.

I waited as he moved forward and as soon as he was in the middle of the room, I closed the door slowly and bolted it.

He turned around in shock, But I caught him by surprise.

I kicked his knife out of his hand and pushed him to the wall.

His head knocked against the wall and he started to bleed.

"No!" He cried as I attacked him.

I punched him while the others started to knock on the door.

"Is it fun? Hurting people? Is it fun, Killing for money?" I asked the guy as his eyes widened.

"No!" He said while I took the iron table lamp. "Please no.." He begged me, But I was not in my right mind anymore.

The door was shaking too much and I knew that I have no time.

Besides, If the house is fully surrounded by Narayan's men like I suspected, I cannot win this fight, I am aware of that.

All I want is to fight back as long as I can...As long as I can to hold them back..As long as the others get help  and save my baby girl.

I slammed the lamb to the guy and he was knocked out of consciousness.

I moved to the old wooden window and opened it.

I know I can reach the hall way through it.

I opened it, Entered the other room and locked it from outside when I heard the door being crashed.

I moved to the meter board, reached for the plug and removed it, Causing the house to be engulfed in the darkness.

And then I started.

I got them one by one as they fumbled in the darkness and I had the advantage of familiarity in the house.

I could hear more men entering the house and I hide myself.

"Shahid...Come out now.." Abiram said. "You know it already...You cannot escape.." He said evilly.

"Shahid" It was Mahesh's voice this time. "The whole house is full of our people" Mahesh said. "Surrender already" He added.

I was still crouched under the furniture in the hallway and refused to budge.

"Shahid" Abiram said, His voice was too near, Abiram was very close to me. "Are we playing hide and seek now?" he asked slowly. "Okay..I am enjoying this.." He said and the lights came back on.

"Here you are!" He said and raised up his gun.

I moved out of the way in a flash and the sound of gun shot filled the room.

The bullet missed me and It didn't hurt me physically. But it reminded me of the dark night when Jasmine covered me with her body to protect me.

I was reminded of the fear and helplessness, reminded of the feel of warm liquid that flow down her as she got shot.

I was reminded of her eyes that were still pleading for me to get away and Save our baby girl.

"Jas..mine" I gasped.

I was blinded by the sudden stabbing pain in my head.

I fell down the floor, Trying to block the images in my head, Flashes of What happened to Jasmine was torturing me.

"Daddy....." I heard Izzy's terrified cry from above and everyone stilled.

And it snapped me back to the present.

"Daddy..." She cried again, She was running around the room, Her tiny footsteps making small echoing sounds in the silent room.

She was locked inside and She's trying to get out.

She thinks I am hurt!

"Get her" Abiram ordered.

"No!" I shouted and got up. "Don't touch my daughter" I screamed.

But their men were already moving and I straightened up.

I need to do something or Izzy will be in danger.

"If you are surrounded by the enemy, Taking down their leader is your only chance"

Karthik's words rang in my head.

My eyes landed on Abiram and Mahesh.

Shweta.

"Trisha?" What is it?" I asked her. The time is going to be 9 and I don't know why she is calling me all of a sudden.

We were avoiding contact for a long time.

"Arjun..Where's Arjun?" She sounded hysterical.

"I..I don't know, He was in london -"

"Check if he's back, We need his help" Trisha said. "Shahid and Izzy is trapped in the estate house with Abiram's men"

My heart dropped, My world started to be spin around me.

"He is a wanted criminal, Inform the police-"

"We cannot! until we get Shahid and Izzy back, We cannot report them"

"Let me try to contact-" I started, But stopped as I heard Aditi's voice through the phone.

"Trisha! I have another message from Shahid!"

"Shweta, I have to go" Trisha disconnected.

My world was trembling as I dialled Karan's number with shaking hands.

He didn't attend the call and I took my car keys and ran out.

I reached the Surya headquarters in record time and walked inside.

"Ms.Shweta!?" One of the bodyguards stopped me. "What are you doing here at this time?"

"I am here to meet Arjun" I said and his eyes shot up.

"I need help with some legal issues" I said.

"Arjun will only reach by 11 pm today, You can meet him tomorrow" He said.

"Then I will see Karan and tell him-"

"You can't talk to Karan now" He said and I stopped .

"What do you mean?"

"Karan is in the jail room"

"What!? Jail room!?"

Varsha.

All of us were shocked at the message they sent us.

Shahid was tied to the chair, A rope wound tightly around him, His body looked messed up and bloody.

"Dr.Aditya, Shahid is already injured, If you cannot treat him, He will die bleeding"

Then another picture came.

"Doctor uncle" Aditi whispered, Her voice trembled.

"He is at the Surya headquarters jail room" Trisha said instantly and I recognised the room too.

Then her phone started to ring.
Aditya, Aditi, Trisha and I looked at each other.

Trisha attended the call and put it on loud speaker.

"Trishana"

This time It was Abiram's Voice. "I have yet another gift for you" He said slowly, Sending chills down my spine.

And then it started, The unbearable, heartbreaking cry of Izzy.

"Let her go..Let her go.."

We could also hear Shahid's shouts in the background.

All the four of us were stunned and crying when Abiram came back on.

"Trishana, I will give you exactly 10 more minutes" Abiram said evilly. "If all of you don't reach here within that time, The baby will lose her limbs" He said. "I can spare her if all the four of you reach here, If anyone is missing, This sweet cute baby will lose her limbs"

"You monster" Trisha whispered. "Don't touch her!"

He chuckled.

"That depends on you, If you want her to suffer, You don't have to come here, If you care about her, Reach here by 10 minutes" He said evilly.

"We will come" Aditya said. "Don't touch even a hair on her and keep your promise" Aditya said and disconnected the call.

As Aditya restarted the car, No one said anything.

We know that we have no other way, Izzy's cries already made us half broken.

"If we are really doing this, Let's not give them the satisfaction" Aditi said.

"That's right" I said. "They will try to manipulate us, They will try to use each of us, Let's not give them any satisfaction"

"Even if we can't make it, We have others who will complete the plan" Aditya said. "Shahid has already sent the files, Karthik is already aware of the situation, Arjun is still not exposed" He said.

Trisha just started to take all of our phones and started working on it.

"Let's not leave anything behind" She said. "So that they can't drag others to this" She said while removing the sim cards. "I don't want Shyam, Karthik or Arjun to come here and get trapped inside with us" she said, Her hand moved to her forehead and I watched, Stunned as she started to remove the red colour off her forehead.

"Trisha" I said slowly, While Aditi too looked speechless.

She started to remove the necklace that was on her neck, She was trying to remove the mangalsutra, But her hands were trembling too much, Her eyes were filling and flowing down.

Now I know why Karthik left like that...He wanted to protect Aditi just like Trisha is trying to protect Arjun now.

"Here, Let me help you" I blinked back my tears and moved closer to her.

"I..I don't have a choice" She whispered. "The..only thing..I can do now is to.. to..-"

"Protect his identity" Aditi said slowly. "We know, We all are proud of you" She added while Trisha wiped her eyes and nodded her head.

"We won't give up, We will fight until the very end" She said. "We must do everything to survive this" She added.

"If we are really going to die, We should as well die with our dignity, They will try everything to manipulate us, Don't fall for their tricks" Aditya said coldly from the driving seat.

———————————-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 252 36
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
6.1K 871 14
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
27K 3K 37
𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 2 ᴴᵉ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒˢᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ʰᵉʳ ˢᵃᵛⁱᵒᵘʳ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗᵘʳⁿᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵛⁱˡ ⁱⁿ ᵈⁱˢᵍᵘⁱˢᵉ _______________________________________...
1.3M 9.9K 17
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...