The Bet for Love

By miaaamiamia

Blaze Anderson was a spoiled, handsome, intelligent and carefree person. The life for him was just a game. An... More

Chapter 1 - His world
Chapter 2 - A matter of pride
Chapter 3 - Getting under her skin
Chapter 4 - Unfamiliar feelings
Chapter 5 - Unsaid desire
Chapter 6 - Something new
Chapter 7 - The getaway
Chapter 8 - Euphoria
Chapter 9 - Happiness
Chapter 10 - Dancing under the stars
Chapter 11 - Heaven
Chapter 12 - Smitten
Chapter 13 - Surprise
Chapter 14 - Heartbreak
Chapter 15 - Shattered dreams
Chapter 16 - Desperation
Chapter 17 - The fake husband
Chapter 18 - The bombshell
Chapter 19 - Cold war
Chapter 20 - Perfume
Chapter 21 - Mr.Drunky
Chapter 22 - The confession
Chapter 24 - Lies
Chapter 25 - Round two
Chapter 26 - Memories
Chapter 27 - Mess
Chapter 28 - Agony
Chapter 29 - The bad day
Chapter 30 - Explanations
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - Curse
Chapter 33 - Felicity
Chapter 34 - Reckoning
Chapter 35 - The new beginning
Chapter 36 - In safe
Chapter 37 - The masterpiece
Chapter 38 - The new family member
Chapter 39 - The strong bond
Chapter 40 - Bliss
Chapter 41 - Cold sweats
Chapter 42 - Storm
Chapter 43 - Unsolved problems
Chapter 44 - You and I
Chapter 45 - Back to reality
Chapter 46 - The scandal
Chapter 47 - The new beginning
Chapter 48 - Making new memories
Chapter 49 - Sweet surprises
Chapter 50 - The special day
Epilogue
The Next Book - " Tangled Love"

Chapter 23 - Unveiled

99.7K 2.9K 118
By miaaamiamia

Ashley's POV

I woke up late this morning; I felt so tired. After changing my clothes, I went downstairs. I went straight to the kitchen and ate a little. I didn't have an appetite.

Patricia was in the living room. I greeted her as I walked towards her and sat down on the couch.

"Blaze told me about your relationship." She said.

I looked at her with wide eyes. My cheeks blushed.

"I didn't know they were brothers. I swear!" I explained, playing with my fingers nervously.

"I guessed. But I don't understand why you got married to James. You don't love him. When you look at him, your eyes aren't shining like when you look at Blaze. I know Blaze broke your heart. He told me about the bet, but he really loves you." She said, looking into my eyes.

I averted my eyes, looking down. I bit my lower lip nervously. "...I had my reasons, but I didn't lie to James." I said.

"What reasons?"

"I can't tell. Sorry." I mumbled as I stood up, and I left the living room in quick steps.

Blaze's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache in the morning. I fell asleep on the couch in the living room last night. I closed my eyes, still laying on the couch.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I didn't open my eyes, pretending to be sleeping. A few seconds later, my nostrils filled with my favourite scent. It was Ashley.

She sat down on the centre table in front of the couch as she started caressing my hair. I missed her touches. She ran her fingertip on my cheek softly. I was holding myself hard not to hug and kiss her until her lips would swollen.

A few seconds later, she placed a soft kiss on my cheek as she stood up and left silently. I opened my eyes as I sighed.

You love me too. But why?... Why do you make us suffer?

I didn't understand her anymore.

Ashley's POV

I saw Kelly as I walked into the mall. After we had greeted each other, we went towards the shop.

"Look, it will suit you." Kelly said as she extended me a navy blue dress.

"Yes, it is beautiful." I commented as I took the dress.

"Try on. And I will try on this dress." She said, showing me a cream dress and walked towards the fitting room.

I grabbed another dress that I liked and went towards the fitting room. I took my clothes off. Suddenly, the door opened.

"Blaze!" I looked at him, shocked.

After locking the door behind him, he plunged his beautiful eyes into mine and said arrogantly. "You forgot to lock the door, baby."

"...What are you doing here?" I asked nervously, trying to cover my body with my hands as much as possible.

He roamed me from head to toe with salacious eyes.

"Breathtaking." He murmured, looking at me lustfully, biting his lower lip.

I stepped back as he took a step towards me. He smirked as my back pressed against the wall.

"Leave him!" He demanded huskily. I looked at him with wide eyes. "I don't like to share. You are mine." He added firmly, looking into my eyes.

I gulped as he trailed his fingertip along my neck. "....I am not yours. Because of that, you don't share me." I muttered, my voice was barely audible.

He smirked at me. He placed his hand on the wall as he placed his other hand on my stomach.

I froze in my place; my eyes widened.

Does he find out about my pregnancy?

"You are mine, and I am yours." He whispered in my ear as he moved his hand from my stomach to my back, holding me against his chest.

I breathed deeply as I noticed that I was holding my breath.

Without waiting for a second, he brushed his lips against mine, kissing me hungrily. He forced my mouth open with his tongue while he squeezed my hips. I moaned. He took advantage of it and plunged his tongue into my mouth, kissing me passionately.

I missed him so badly. His kisses, his touches.

I was melting under his skilled lips.

Shit! What are you doing, Ashley?

As I gathered myself together, I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him back.

"What the hell are you doing? I am your brother's wife." I snapped at him.

His jaw clenched. "I can not forget it for a second. You don't need to remind me." He said bitterly.

He unlocked the door and stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

I leaned against the wall as my eyes filled with tears.

Why are you doing it to me?

Blaze's POV

When I walked towards the swimming pool, I saw Ashley. She was sitting beside the swimming pool, her feet in the water, lost in her thoughts.

I walked towards her as I shoved my hands into my pockets. When she heard footsteps, she turned her head towards me.

I smirked at her arrogantly. She rolled her eyes at me as she stood up. When she wanted to walk away, I grabbed her wrist and pressed her against my chest as I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

She placed her hands on my chest as she pushed me back, but I held her in my arms tightly.

"Blaze, stop it! What do you want from me?" She asked, bored.

"I ask the same question, baby. What do you want from me?" I asked, looking into her eyes.

"Nothing." She muttered without looking into my eyes.

I placed my finger under her chin and lifted her head up, letting our eyes meet. She was fighting her tears back.

"What are you hiding from me?" I asked.

She pulled her head away as she averted her eyes. "Blaze...please..." She said, giving me a begging look.

"Ashley, please....tell me." I whispered as I trailed my lips on her neck.

She tensed up under my touches and tried to push me back. I breathed in her scent.

"Tell me." I muttered as I kissed her neck.

"Blaze..."

I placed my hand on her cheek, caressing her cheek softly and brushed my lips against her lips.

After resisting for a while, finally, she responded to my kiss. I pulled her closer to me as I deepened the kiss.

I pulled back a little and leaned my forehead against her forehead. Both of us were trying to control our breaths.

"Ashley."

I pulled back as I heard my mother's voice coming from afar.

Ashley took advantage of it and walked away from me in quick steps. I smiled as I watched her leave, running my fingertip along my lips.

****

As I was about to arrive at the company, my phone rang.

"Yes?" I snapped as I picked up.

"Mr. Anderson, your father asked about the Grayson hotels file. You took it yesterday." My secretary informed.

"Yes, it is at home. Ok, I will bring it." I said and hung up. I went back to the mansion.

When I was going to the study room, I heard Ashley's voice coming upstairs.

"Help!"

I rushed up the stairs. When I saw her, I froze in shock. She was sitting on the floor, leaning against the doorframe in the bathroom, her hand on her stomach.

"Please, my baby..." She murmured, looking at her stomach, pressing her hand onto her stomach slightly, crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

901K 30.4K 38
Alessandro De Luca couldn't forget his childhood crush, Isabella Martinelli after they had spent the night on her birthday. As much as Alessandro ha...
3.6M 106K 43
Aspen Anderson, the heir of Anderson Enterprises Holdings Inc., had everything he wanted in just a snap of his fingers, including women. However, he...
3M 77.7K 41
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...
641K 18.7K 56
[UNDER EDITING] Meet Ashley Hayes, the 24-year-old girl who was frowned upon by everyone because she was an orphan. The girl who worked two jobs so s...