7 | DARKNESS - LIP GALLAGHER

By filteredthots

" light is easy to love. show me your darkness. " { shameless season 7 } More

cast
1. cold turkey
2. its modern
3. mangled mess
4. set yourself free
5. pony up
6. apache brother
8. out of control
9. here for you
10. the ghetto ninja warrior
11. monica

7. under control

3.5K 75 1
By filteredthots

i went back to my house after lip said he was gonna go drop off liam at day care. i was alone in my house and i grabbed my phone and texted lip a tongue emoji.

before, when we were 17 we would text each other a tongue emoji whenever we wanted to have sex. so we texted each other a lot. today was one of the first days i've ever used that tactic again.

i heard my phone buzz and i saw that lip had replied to me.

i'll be over in 10 minutes. lip texted back. i grinned and i waited till he showed up. once he finally did, we immediately took our clothes off and went into my bedroom.

-

later that night there was a dinner at sierras house that debbie put together and lip and i went over there together.

"lip, mel. you guys came." debbie said hugging us both.

"yeah, of course." lip said.

"i wouldn't miss it." i said.

"how'd frannys exam go?" lip asked her.

"great. health. no bruises." debbie replied.

"that's great, debs." i said.

"have you been drinking?" debbie asked lip.

"just a couple. it's under control." lip said and then i felt my heart drop to the floor.

i knew that lip was allowed to drink a little bit after seven o'clock so i wasn't gonna start panicking until i saw it was becoming a problem again.

"hey, um, we're doing this send off thing for carl tomorrow." lip told her.

"yeah, i heard. yeah, you think you could maybe pick up the decorations and the cake and stuff like that? i'm just really busy at work." lip said.

"yeah, for sure." debbie replied.

"sweet. than, you, debs. here you go." lip said giving her some money.

"nah. neil and i got it covered. come and give me a hand?" debbie asked.

"of course." i said following behind debbie.

"sure, yeah. how's it going, bud?" lip said to sierras kid.

"hey." sierra said smiling at me.

"hey, girl." i replied giving her a hug.

"i'm gonna grab a beer." lip said going into the fridge and i felt my heart beat faster at that.

"dinner." debbie said.

"sit next to me." sierra told me and i did as she said.

"looks, great debs." ian said.

"i'll get your soda, lucas. can you come with me to get some napkins?" sierra asked me.

"oh, but there's already some on the-" i began but she cut me off.

"just come with me." sierra said again and i nodded and followed her into the other room.

"are you okay?" sierra asked me.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i lied as she shock her head.

"he drank before coming here and he's drinking now. are you sure about this, mel?" sierra asked me as i looked back to look at lip.

"i'm not sure about anything anymore." i said quietly.

we both went back into the kitchen and we sat down. it ended up turning into a shitshow talking about debbie and neil being together. then they dropped the big news, they're engaged.

-

while lip and i were walking back to my house, i was silent. i wasn't sure what i was supposed to say to him. did i ask him him if he started drinking again?

"are you upset about something?" lip asked me as i let out a chuckle.

"yes, actually. it scared the hell out of me to hear you say you had a few drinks then to watch you have another one. i know that you're allowed to have so many drinks but i just don't want you to fall off the rails again." i said as he looked over at me.

"mel, i promise you that i won't fall off the rails again." lip said as i nodded.

i put up my pinky and lip looked down at it before looking back into my eyes and wrapped our pinkies together.

"don't let me down, lip." i told him as he nodded.

"i won't." he replied.

-

i went home that night and i saw mike was hugging taylor. my eyes immediately went over to the needles on the coffee table.

fiona was right, taylor was using again.

"oh, tay tay." i said dropping my bag and i went over and joined the hug.

"i'm so sorry." taylor cried as mike rubbed her back.

"you're gonna be okay." i said to her.

and the next day taylor was back to her regular AA meetings.

-

summer vacation was over meaning i was going back for my final year of music school. i was over at lips sleeping over and i woke up to my face being licked and i opened my eyes and saw a little dog.

"lip?" i asked shaking his shoulder.

"hm." he hummed.

"why is there a dog in here?" i asked him.

"what?" lip asked tiredly as i gently pulled him up from his position so he would look at the dog.

"who's dog is this?" i asked him as he ran his hand through his hair.

"oh, some girl that was at my internship told me to take care of him while she was being arrested." lip explained to me.

"she looks like she wants something." i said seeing the look on the little puppies face.

"what's that look for? you need some food? thirsty? pee? poop? all of the above? well, you can't stay here forever, right? i can barely take care of myself. hey, if you wanna lick some more, would you mind doing it more further south?" lip asked the dog making me chuckle.

"hey, i've got to get to class babe. i'll see you later." i said kissing his cheek and getting dressed.

i headed downstairs to get something to eat and i saw ian and some other guy in the kitchen.

"hey, mel." ian said with a smile.

"is this the famous mel i've heard so much about?" the guy sitting with ian said.

"and you would be?" i asked him.

"mel, this is trevor." ian explained.

"wow, this is the famous trevor i've heard nothing about." i said looking over at ian but he shrugged.

i saw lip walk down the stairs and he leaned in and kissed me and i smiled after he pulled away.

"i'm not working tonight." lip told me as he smirked.

"my classes end at 4." i told him as he nodded and bit his lip.

"i'll meet you at your dorm." lip said kissing my forehead before i walked over to the door.

"i love you!" i shouted as i opened the door.

"i love you more!" lip shouted back as i walked out of the house.

-

i was getting out of class and lip and i were going to go over to the arcade and play some games. i ended up beating his ass at most of them.

we also went into the photo booth and took some photos. but while we were about to take the last one, i got a phone call from mike.

"hey." i said into the phone.

"mel, you have to get to the hospital. its emma." mike said making my heart drop.

"fuck, what happened?" i asked making lip give me a look and he could probably see the serious look on my face.

"just get here now, mel. please." mike replied.

"i'm coming." i replied as i hung up the phone and lip looked over at me.

"we have to go now." i said grabbing my purse.

"what's wrong?" lip asked me.

"emma is at the hospital, i-i have to go." i said as lip put his hand on my shoulder.

"lets go." lip said as we quickly rushed out.

we finally got to the hospital and i met up with mike in the waiting room and i saw him with his head in his hands.

"mike, what the fuck happened?" i asked as he looked up at me.

"emma was in an accident, she was at the mall with debbie and then she was hit by a car." mike explained.

"how bad is it?" i asked.

"mel, she's in a coma." mike said letting out a sigh and i felt tears well up in my eyes.

lip pulled me into a hug and i felt myself cry even more. i couldn't believe this. emma has her whole life ahead of her, she's only 17.

i tried and tried to convince the nurses to let me into emma's room but they weren't letting anyone in.

i got back in my car and i started hitting the steering and i felt myself start to sob.

i saw lip walking up to the car window. i made sure to wipe away my tears. i rolled down my window once he was close enough.

"i'm gonna head home, are you gonna be okay?" i asked him.

"yeah, and i'm gonna see you later. you know why? cause i'm gonna be waking up next to you." lip said as he kissed me and i kissed him back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 807 11
" you make life brighter. " { shameless season 8 }
81.6K 1.6K 25
➯ reagan gallagher realizes the truth about her family ➯ season one-...
9.2K 104 20
"You were everything I ever wanted." Follows season 1 of Shameless. !Don't own the shameless characters!
47.7K 915 11
" everything has beauty but not everyone sees it. " { shameless season 6 }