Who Could Have Known (Percabe...

By bellaschneeb

Annabeth Chase is your average junior at Goode High School. She gets straight A's, and you will never find he... More

• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• Epilogue •
A/N

• 15 •

18.2K 299 694
By bellaschneeb

Annabeth's POV

"Ready to go?" Percy asked me.

"Yeah let me just grab my geometry books." I said.

Percy, Reyna, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Leo, his girlfriend Calypso, and I, were all going to the beach today. Calypso went to a different school, so they don't see her much and I've never met her.

Why were going to the beach in November, I have no clue. It was Leo's idea.

Percy and I were heading down the hallway to the school's main entrance. Everyone was meeting in the parking lot so we could drive to the beach together.

It was surprisingly warm for November. It was about sixty degrees.

We met up with the others and we all piled into the cars.

In Percy's car it was me, Leo, Calypso, Reyna and obviously, Percy was driving. Then in Jason's car was Hazel, Frank, Piper, and Jason was driving. Jason would follow Percy as he drove to the beach.

Leo had the volleyball in his lap with Calypso next to him, and Reyna next to Calypso. I sat in the passenger seat.

After about twenty minutes, Percy turned up the volume on the radio. And what was playing?

Dancing Queen.

"Remember this Wise Girl?" Percy asked with a huge grin on his face and a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Oh my gosh." I said, also beaming.

Leo and Calypso looked completely confused. Reyna just looked like here we go.

Percy began to sing and oh. My. Gosh.

***

By the end of the song, everyone was catching their breath from laughing so hard, and I was wiping away tears.

This will never get old.

***

We finally arrived at the beach after an hour and a half drive. It was now four thirty.

We all filed out of the cars.

"Alright my peeps!" Leo said tossing the volleyball up and then catching it. "Lets go!"

Everyone followed Leo to the beach. Frank And Hazel held hands as they walked together. Leo and Reyna were arguing about something while Calypso just watched. Jason and Piper had fallen in line with each other. Leaving Percy and I. We just walked along in comfortable silence.

"So. What did you think of my newest rendition of Dancing Queen?" Percy asked with a smile.

"I think it was the most beautiful thing that I have ever heard. You're even better than me." I said, my voice dripping in sarcasm.

"Well. If you insist." Percy said.

We both laughed afterward. God. Percy is so funny and sweet and attractive and he just gets me—Annabeth! Stop. You are not falling for Percy Jackson.

And my conscience is back! So happy! *rolls eyes as smile drops*

"Alright!" Leo announced. We made it to the volleyball court. "Everyone, gather around. I'll explain the game for those who don't understand and give you guys positions." Leo said.

After giving my phone to Hazel to put in her bag—yeah she's definitely the mom of the friend group—I walked to the middle of the court in front of the net.

After Leo explained the game, he gave us our positions. Obviously, the positions weren't really valid because there were nine of us. Leo put five people on one side and four on the other.

The group of four was Reyna, Leo, Percy, and Hazel. The group of five was Frank, Jason, Calypso, Piper, and me. Leo placed me in the center of our side of the court. Looking from above it was:

Leo Percy
          Hazel Reyna
————————————————————
Frank Piper
Me

Jason Calypso

Reyna's team got first serve. Leo hit the ball but the serve was short, giving my team the serve. Piper hit the ball over the net right to Hazel. Hazel was able to return it but Frank set it up for me to spike. He set the ball high into the air then, with perfect timing, I jumped up and spiked it down hard right in front of Hazel.

Reyna was in shock. Her jaw hit the floor. Percy also looked at me in amazement. Leo looked impressed. The others just stood there like okay. Now I know who to not pick a fight with.

"What?" I asked.

"Annabeth. I didn't know you could play!" Reyna said with a huge smile.

"I just hit the ball. It's really nothing." I insisted.

"Okay." Reyna said.

We continued to play the game. I returned every serve that came to me, slid for the ball when a teammate called for help. I made some pretty good saves, if I do say so myself.

The score was nineteen to twenty-one. My team was winning. It was my turn to serve. I took the ball and walked a bit farther back, to make sure my serve was in bounds.

I threw the ball into the air then—BAM!

I hit the ball over hand with so much force. It went straight to Percy, who was unfortunately stunned by my strength, so it hit him right in the face.

"Oh my gosh!" I ran over to Percy, who was now on his butt, hands covering his nose. After everyone realized what was happening and snapped out of their daze, they ran over to see what happened.

"Are you ok?" I knelt down next to him with my eyebrows furrowed with worry.

Percy removed his hands from his face. I held a straight face for his sake. His nose was bleeding. A lot.

"Oh my! I have tissues on my bag!" Hazel ran to get her bag. She came back with a little pack of tissues and handed them to me. I opened the pack and took one out. I placed it under Percy's nose. He tilted his head back.

"No. You have to keep your head straight. If you lean back, you swallow the blood. That's gross." I explained then I put one hand on Percy's that was holding the tissue, and the other hand on the back of his head, gently setting it straight. "God, I am so sorry Percy." I said.

"It's fine. Now I know not to wrestle you in gym." He said with a smile.

"How do you do it?" Everyone had gone in a group to the side to discuss something, leaving me and Percy alone.

"Do what?" He asked. It was kind of muffled from the tissues, but I understood him.

"Even when your nose could potentially be broken because I hit a volleyball at you, you're still smiling. How?" I asked.

"Well. You. You keep me smiling. Even if you did potentially brake my nose." He said.

"You make me smile too Seaweed Brain." I smiled at him to prove what I had said was true.

He does make me smile. He's funny and understands my sarcasm, which is highly important to me. He's sweet and caring. I could see how much his friends mean to him. I knew that he could make a great boyfriend.

Annabeth Chase! Stop i—no. I shut my conscience up. I can't deny it anymore. It doesn't do anybody any good if I ignore my feelings. I have to embrace them.

I am falling for Percy Jackson.

Author's note

This long chappie definitely makes up for the short one yesterday. And guys! Are you happy that Annabeth has finally accepted her true feelings!? I am. You know what this means. Percabeth is coming soon!!!!!

Ps- you guys are absolutely insane. We hit 200 reads today. I really hope you guys are enjoying my story.
-bella💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 679 21
TAKES PLACE AFTER THE BURNING MAZE but before The Tower of Nero and The Tyrants Tomb (I wrote this ages ago lmao) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~• ~~~~~~~~...
7.5K 236 37
What would you do if you were in their shoes? Percy Jackson has never had an easy life. Now finding a job is near impossible after his latest scre...
719 20 19
A Percy Jackson AU in which some gods' children live on Olympus with them. What will happen when a misunderstanding leads to a fallout between one of...
40.8K 923 56
Annabeth Chase struggling as a new student at Goode High School, already struggles with her abusive step-mum, her dad that ignores her, and her two l...