Royal Soulmates

By ElizabethAnneBlacke

The Princess who is also next in line for the throne, finally is twenty and she has to marry before her twent... More

1: Get Hitched or Lose the Throne
2: A Daring Escape
3: Going Back Eight Years
4: The Royal Ball Begins
5: Our Song
7: A Decision is Made
8: Slip of Paper
9: Two Choices & Ten Days
10: Royal Drama & A Dead Phone
11: Little Time to Grow Love
12: Gown Fit for A Princess
13: Best Man is Always Tardy
14: Finding the Right Girl
15: Already Found The One...Twice
16: Family Jewels
17: Strip Poker & The Hot Tub
18: A Spider Part One & Part Two
19: Wedding Plans
20: An Annoying Waitress
21: A Bachelorette Party
22: A Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
23: A Royal Wedding
24: Truth, Lies & A Runaway
25: Soul Mate from Diapers to Death
Epilogue: Royal Soul Mates Finally

6: Masked Stranger

1.5K 22 2
By ElizabethAnneBlacke

Chapter 6

Opening my eyes, I revealed a handsome, young guy in a midnight, black tuxedo, tie, and a matching mask. It being a masquerade ball for the last night and all would make sense for him to be wearing a mask.

The mask prevented me from knowing who he was though. I probably would not have anyways; I do not read the social papers and such to see which royal did what.

“Okay, strange young royal, what is your name?”

“You first,” he said.

“No, I asked you first,” I replied snottily.

“Well, then we shall both remain mysteriously unknown shall we.”

“We shall, but my next question is how did you find my secret spot?”

“Oh, I followed you, easy question.”

“Easy answer, except I checked that no one was following me before I slipped through the shrubs.”

“Obviously, not thoroughly though, because you managed to miss me,” the stranger replied cockily.

This guy seemed very sure of himself. It annoyed to no end. I really wanted to punch that smirk off his face.

“Whatever, why did you follow me? Stalker much?” I shot that snide comment at him.

“No, it is my duty as a man to protect women, when they wander off, or they could get into trouble, like you wandering off without security, for all you know I could have been a stranger trying to kidnap you for ransom.”

“Except you’re not,” I replied.

“How do you know?”

“You would have just told me your plan then and so you think you’re cocky, over arrogant, heroic man who just wants to get into every woman’s skirt. Great description of yourself, don’t you think so?”

“That’s one hell of a judgment to a book you have not even read much less known for five minutes,” strange man replied.

What is this guy speaking, gibberish?

“Did I confuse you; have you never heard the saying, do not judge a book by its cover?” He asked wearing his dumb smirk.

“Of course I have,” I lied looking up.

“You lie, you know how you looked up to the right, if you have looked up to the left, and you have been recalling a memory to the right means you lied. Plus, your pulse sped up when you lied.”

“I do so know the saying and how did you know all that?” I asked hotly.

“What did your mother never tell you that saying?” He asked me harshly and I decided to trick him.

“My mother died when I was only four,” I lied to wipe that smirk off his face. I also let a few fake tears slid down my face.

“Oh, I am sorry,” he said no longer smirking but grimacing.

After I acted sad and let him, suffer for a few more minutes I shouted out, “GOTCHA.”

“Wow that was a low hit. You let me feel bad for you.”

“So.”

“So, you are a dirty fighter and not the good kind of dirty,” he said with his smirk back.

“And you are a pervert.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

Oh my goodness, he is so cocky. The kind of guys I usually detest, they are only after one thing, and you know what that is. His blues eyes though sparkly and glittering. His sexy, blond hair was tousled as if it had been gelled then he had run his fingers through it when he got frustrated like now.

However, I could never ever forget those eyes, piercing blue like a crystal, clear pool at the peak of Summer. Finally, when I came to it, I had fainted and he caught me. His mouth was just hovering over my mine getting ready to do CPR if it was needed.

“Get off me, pretty boy, I am fine.”

“Oh, so now I am pretty boy, okay I will choose being called that over the cocky guy,” he said while laughing.

“I think it was actually cocky, overly arrogant, heroic man, actually.”

“Whatever, so when do I get your name?”

“When you tell me yours and you earn the privilege to know mine.”

I actually just wanted to know what he thought of me without knowing that I was Princess Anne otherwise he will then try to win me over just to get the throne; I wanted to know if he genuinely liked me for me.

“What do I have to do to earn the privilege?” pretty boy asked.

“First, I think more information about you is in order.”

“Ask away, except my name or what country I am from and status of power.”

“Okay, age?” I questioned.

“Twenty-two almost twenty-three, how about you?”

“I am almost twenty-one,” I replied to his question.

“Okay now favorite color?”

“Blue, like the shade of your eyes and yours?”

“Blue also, and favorite food?”

“Pizza,” he answered without laughing.

Most people think my questions are funny or dumb, I am not sure. I guess other people would ask about occupations, past relationships or what they plan on doing for their future.

“Mine, also is pizza, what a coincidence.”

“Are you sure you’re not just copying my answers?”

“You’re funny,” I said smacking pretty boy in the arm. He scooted over a little on the bench when I did that.

“Okay, enough questions miss. May I have this last dance?” He asked. You can faintly hear the music planning from the ballroom, what is funny is that it is practically blaring once you’re in there.

The song playing was familiar; it was I ‘Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing. He put his hand out to ask me to dance and what did I care, I was going to be getting married in a little over a month anyways. Why shouldn’t I dance with an almost complete stranger?

The pretty boy pulled me close and I leaned my head on his chest because he must have been at least six foot three inches. I rested my hands on his shoulders and he rested his hands on my waist.

“You know you may put off a player vibe, you are not actually all that bad,” I whispered to him.

“Oh no, you know my secret, just promise not to go telling the other ladies that,” he laughed while saying that.

“Oh, so I am just one of your ladies now, am I?”

“I got you so wrapped around my little finger,” pretty boy said while emphasizing with his pinky.

“Ha-ha, yeah right you wish.”

“Oh, why so defensive?”

“I am not defensive,” I said and he just leaned back and looked at me as if I just proved his theory right.

“Okay, I admit you are pretty sexy.”

“Oh, so now the lady thinks I am sexy.”

“Don’t let it go to your head pretty boy, it’s already too big.”

“I will definitely let it go to my head and I am offended my is normal size.”

As the song ended, he just gazed into my eyes and me back into his. He leaned in blowing on my lip slowly and finally a hundred years later (not literally.) He pressed his lips to mine, not lightly but not rough applying just the right amount of pressure to make my head swim.

Right then though the sprinklers decided to go off, well actually they were probably on a timer. Pretty boy and I made a run for the patio and ended up not getting more than a misting. Right before the mysterious stranger left me; he pecked my cheek and stuck a piece of paper in the top of my dress. I blushed bright pink.

“So, before I leave you mysterious girl, do I get your name?”

“Nope, you never told me yours.”

“Check the paper,” he said.

"Can't right now, but I will eventually."

“How about now?” he asked me smirking, obviously sure, he would get my name.

Just to knock him off his rocker I told him, “like I said not now, and I still do not know your name.”

“Guess I will earn it next time, when you call me.”

“We will just have to see about that."

“Yes, we will.”

I pushed past him and walked into the ballroom. Everyone was waiting for me for my decision and I knew whom it would be. I went to the top of the stairs.

“Hello, to all, I hope you enjoyed the wonderful ball. I enjoyed myself over the last few days. Now it has come time to choose the next king of England and my husband. I considered everyone and it was a joy to meet all of you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 141K 46
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.9M 162K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
17.2K 445 38
I am going to make my new story After 5 years of separating. I know you might love them. Meet Athena James She is talented girl. She is expert in de...
16.8K 1.5K 50
Raven Mells, a sweet and spirited girl will always do what makes others happy. Especially for her parents... When her parents introduce her to Ryder...