The Price of Love

By Love_Bri94

Desperate to keep everyone off her back about her love life, Sydney Michaels goes to extreme measures to prov... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xviv
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxvix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxviv
Q&A
xl
❤️
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlviv
l
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
👍🏽
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lvxiii
lxix

xxxiii

14.1K 713 376
By Love_Bri94

Mariah Terry

The sound of the elevator opening echoed through the house. Climbing off the couch I fixed my lingerie then grabbed our champagne glasses and went to greet him.

When he saw me he stopped dead in his tracks. "Woah, what's this for?"

"Just wanted to do something nice for my man."

He gave a half smile before hesitantly taking the glass. Grabbing his hand, I led him into the living room. "How was your day?" I asked.

"It was...okay. How was yours?"

"It's was good. I know it's early but I went and looked at dresses and venues for the wedding."

He took a deep breath and sat back.

"I know Chris, you think it's too soon for me to be doing this but I'm just so excited to get married to you baby." I said while rubbing his face.

"Let me show you something." He grabbed my hand slid the ring off. "Read the inside."

I looked at him confused then did what he told me. My eyes grew, not wanting to believe what I saw. "To Sydney, m.my Love." I put my hand over my mouth and stood up. "Chris what the fuck is this?"

"Can you sit down so I can explain everything? Please?"

"No, I'm not sitting down! Tell me what the fuck this is."

Rubbing his face he looked up at me. "I shouldn't have let things get this far. When I saw the ring in your hand I froze. I should've told you the truth about everything but I was trying to protect you. I'm so sorry."

"You let me walk around for an entire month wearing a ring with her name on it. That has to be the most embarrassing shit that ever happen to me."

"I didn't want to embarrass you but I'm not going to sit and pretend that I want to marry you. You're a cool girl but I'm definitely not at the point where I think we should take that next step."

I laughed. "You don't want to marry someone you've known for a while but you wanna marry some Bitch you only knew a month."

"Time has nothing to do with it."

"Why did you even get with me Chris?!"

"I guess I was just lonely. You were a familiar face and you were around."

"How could I be so damn stupid?"

He didn't say anything, just picked at his nails, looking like he could careless about what he's putting me through.

"So once again, Sydney wins." I said. "I can't believe I paid that Bitch 50,000 to style me."

"It was money well spent and don't disrespect her."

"Nigga fuck you and her! She came up here trying to act like she was this new and improved person but she still the same whack ass hoe. You know what, naw. I'm not letting you do me like this again."

He sat up. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not letting you leave me hanging again. This bitch is not taking you from me."

"Mariah." He groaned. "Please don't turn into one of those crazy chicks."

"I'm not turning into anything. I'm just not losing you again. I love you Chris. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't want this to end."

Chris stood up. "Mariah, you're a good girl, I'm just not the guy for you. My heart belongs to someone else. You shouldn't waste time waiting for something special to happen between us because it won't. You deserve to be happy. I'm just not the man that will make you happy."

"I'm not leaving." I sat on the couch. "We're done when I saw we're done."

He exhaled while picking up his keys. "I tried to be nice about this but that obviously ain't working. You and yo shit better be out of my crib before I get back." He started walking to the door. "Crazy ass Bitch."

"I love you too honey." I slipped the ring back on my hand.

I let him get away from me last time but that's not happening again. Chris is mine, Sydney can't have him.

Christopher Brown

Hey beautiful 😌 - 8:32pm

Sydney❤️ - Hello 😌 - 8:36pm

What are you doing? - 8:37pm

Sydney❤️ - Sitting on the couch, catching up on Empire with Shanice - 8:39pm

Sounds fun - 8:40pm

Sydney❤️ - Its very fun. Wyd? - 8:40pm

Heading down to my warehouse to look over a few things. You should join me. - 8:42pm

Sydney❤️ - Should I????? 🤔 - 8:45

Yeah, you know you want to - 8:46pm

Sydney❤️ - But I'll have to leave my best friend by herself. - 8:49pm

She'll be just fine. Tell her I'll buy her some food. - 8:51pm

Sydney❤️ - Lol she said she's going to drop me off wherever you are so that you don't play her - 8:53pm

Lol tell her whatever she want, it's on me. So you coming? - 8:55pm

Sydney❤️ - I guess so. Send me the address, I'll be there - 8:58pm

Cool 😌❤️ - 9:02pm

Standing at the table I glanced over the next items set to launch for my line. I had to do my finalizations before everything was sent off. I still can't believe I got this full line that extremely successful.

The door opening and slamming shut, followed by two voices grasped my attention. I turned around and looked at Shanice and Sydney.

"Where my money nigga?" Shanice said holding out her hand.

Laughing, I went into my pocket. I pulled out a blue strip and passed it to her. "Enjoy."

"Thank you. You don't have to bring her home tonight. You two have a lot of catching up to do." She winked then walked away.

Sydney shook her head before turning to look at me. "Hi."

"Hey." I smiled. Every time I'm around her, my heart damn near jumps out my chest. I pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead. "Thanks for coming."

"No problem. So, how have you been?"

"I been alright, can't complain." I shrugged.

"You've been better than alright. Congratulations on your line." She nudged me.

"Thank you, Thank you. Congrats on your company. I see you out here doing your thang. Had my ex paying you 50 bands."

"Ex?"

"Yeah, I dumped her crazy ass today."

"Aww. That's so sad."

"I never knew you were a good actress."

We both laughed.

"No I really care. She seemed so happy about the engagement. Well she never said anything to me about it but the way she flaunted that ring around, I could tell she was happy." Sydney said.

"Yeah, well it wasn't meant to be. My heart wasn't in it, I wasn't about to keep playing with the girl feelings, you know."

She nodded. The room fell silent. She focused on her nails and I focused on her. How is it possible that she got even more beautiful with time.

"I've really missed you." I spoke up.

A smile peeled across her face and she pushed her hair behind her ear. "I've missed you too."

"Well why did you leave without even talking to me?"

She sighed. "It was too much going on. The shit with my mom, the argument we had. My life was going 1000 miles a minute. I had to go. But when you found out I left, why didn't you come looking for me?"

I shrugged. "I felt like you didn't care about us because you left without saying anything so why should I come after you."

"Wow."

"But I realized that was the biggest mistake. Everyday I thought about you even when I tried to pretend like you didn't matter to me. You had me feeling like no one else has. I even gave-....I should've looked for you. I'm sorry."

"I should've talked to you before I left."

"You were going through a lot. I was being selfish, I could've understood more. That's my bad."

"It's cool."

"So how are you and your mom?" I asked.

"Don't really speak. I keep them at a distance. It's the only way I can keep myself sane. It sucks that it has to be this way but, shit happens. How is mama J?"

"She good, all in love and shit."

Sydney gasped. "Mama got her a boo! I know that's right. Have you met him?"

"Yeah, Big Head ass nigga. He cool though and he makes her happy. That's all that matters."

"Right, don't be a bitter son that doesn't want to see his mom happy."

"I always want to see my momma happy and if she got a man that mean she ain't got her hands in my pockets."

She laughed. "Mama can be in your pockets all she wants."

"Yeah she can, ima spoil her always. I wanna spoil you too." I got behind her and placed my hand on her waist. "I really want you back."

She turned to face me. "Do you?"

"Mmhm." I nodded and bit down on my lip.

Sydney nails ran through my beard and she licked her lips. My hands gripped her waist as I pulled her closer. As our faces got closer my phone started ringing. I pulled out my pocket and slid over the answer button. Sydney lifted my shirt and started kissing my chest.

"Mmm....hello." I answered.

"Hi Mr. Brown, this is Rick, your concierge. I'm calling because there was a disturbance up in your penthouse and the police was called."

"Wait what?!"

Sydney pulled back and looked up at me.

"Yes, there was a lot of crashing noises coming from your place and I'm guessing the homeowners below you called the police. I think you should get here as soon as possible."

"Alright, I'm on my way." I hung up the phone. "FUCK!"

"Everything okay?" Sydney asked.

"Naw, come on we gotta go." I grabbed her hand and started walking out.

Ima kill Mariah dumb ass!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 10.6K 38
14 years later, your favorite couple is back.
Maybe - Editing By Cherry S

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 124 28
She was unhappy. So was him. After their ultimate lie everything came down.
126K 3.9K 26
Ashanti and August become friends and do a lot of things together. Sooner or later, they fall in love. But as soon as that happens, people from her p...
210K 9.8K 57
(*WARNING: Read The One Night Stand first!*) When August left Bethany after they lost their son, she was heartbroken and tried to lock herself away f...